PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Premiere

silverccrow
07-29-2003, 05:38 AM
I have download it from kazaa but i dosent work in my machine I give it to a friend and the installer works in his machine

Could someone tell me why ?
I have installed Winace and win xp

TheFilePirater
07-29-2003, 06:41 AM
could u give us a lil bit more detail like was pops up or anything

silverccrow
07-29-2003, 03:30 PM
no just run the setup and nothing happens but is only in my machine I also try to run it with compatibility win 98 and win95 I just Hate XP

XP = Problems !

ooo
08-02-2003, 10:09 PM
yea mine didnt work either and i was using XP it didnt let me use the serial number...

i dled a gen, looked on warez sites and used the one they gave me and non worked :/

Eradication
08-02-2003, 11:05 PM
Strange, I run XP and I got it to work, perhaps a different download or something. Be sure to tell us the answer when you find the problem.

trugmolly
08-04-2003, 03:42 PM
Well it works fine in my xp .. but when I try to install it in my brothers xp laptop it will just not work... tried with several other progs from cd and his will not take any.. checked again with mine and it works fine... strange days indeed

loulou1974
09-30-2003, 09:50 PM
have you find the answer ?????

trugmolly
09-30-2003, 10:22 PM
Which version of Premier ? version six works fine for me on xp Me and 98 plus.
So does after effects 5.5..... If anyone had the new versions of either working It would be cool...

trugmolly
09-30-2003, 10:25 PM
Nope btw... the cd's just would not go onto his laptop... fine in my pc.. and was the same with photoshop and after effects.. it just would not have it.. U could try a direct cable connection or set up a network and try and get the install that way... when he gets himself round here next time we are going to try that ... will keep you posted..... may be a while though lol

justin89
10-01-2003, 12:48 AM
Thats strange. It works for me. I have AE 5.5, Illistrator 10, Premiere 6.5 and Pro, and Photoshop 7.0 and they all work fine.
Also, get Pro, it works really good and you shouldn't have a problem.
Oh yeah, I use XP

balamm
10-01-2003, 01:42 AM
Terminal services mode ;)

MS released a buggy patch and it sometimes prevents CD installs, Cab files are not readable.

Use add remove programs and you might have to copy all to a desktop folder first.

Wolfmight
10-01-2003, 01:54 AM
CD Installs? images or physical?

balamm
10-01-2003, 02:02 AM
Physical for sure. I haven't checked it out with a virtual drive yet.
It will just insist that there is no .cab or that it's not readable.
If you search long and hard, you might find a refference to it at MS but it's been well hidden.
I found the terminal services mode workaround through the windows 2000 server security sites.

Wolfmight
10-01-2003, 02:18 AM
ah, yea they ushally patch those problems eventually

balamm
10-01-2003, 02:21 AM
It's been almost a year now though and no fix. It could be intentional.

Wolfmight
10-01-2003, 02:36 AM
hmm that's weird.. i never had the problem

TTros
10-01-2003, 05:25 AM
Adobe is the reason I jumped onto this forum! I d/l it fine and tried to install...I first used WinRAR and it says the cab.1 file is corrupt. I did the same thing with WinZip and no go there either. I am using XP also. As a matter of fact, I am having problems with alot of the programs I d/l from Kazaa :( But others work fine!

One program told me to set up through "Add programs" in control panel. I tried this method and still no go GRRRRRRRR. Maybe I am doing something wrong can someone please elaborate?

:rolleyes:

Thanks for helping,

Toni

loulou1974
10-01-2003, 10:08 AM
I had the same problem but I found yesterday the working download...BUT now I have a key problem (don't find the TEMP folder....)

HELP :angry:

trugmolly
10-01-2003, 10:08 AM
I think Adobe are getting their act together ....For sure they are reading this and getting all our info lol ....the harder they make it the less peeps bother... If you are honest with yourself you can see their point... if you are poor and want to learn software well Hey what you gonna do ? They do give month trials but who wants that if you cannot purchase at the end of the period...and sometimes its just like a puzzle.. some of us just like to see ways around things just for the sheer hell of it...Two pieces of software from adobe I really want....actualy need. Getting the latest software is not the prob... getting it to install is the issue. Premier 6 and after effects 5.5 are fine and having; well I have a list of stuff.. So you cannot really gripe, Not that you were, Try E Mule maybe...
Trug