PDA

View Full Version : Board errors.

Broken
01-19-2008, 08:19 PM
I have been getting a ton of "can not display this page" errors when going through the forum.
Seems random, the page will not refresh back to the thread I was viewing. I have to go back the the index or main page. It happens in both firefox and IE7.

Anyone else having this problem? Result of the recent upgrades??

peat moss
01-19-2008, 08:25 PM
Ok will try this again , I'm getting capicha shit , slowwww forum searches and worse of all the page resetting when I post . Whats the problem o wise ones ?

peat moss
01-19-2008, 08:30 PM
I know the mods are working on this but sure is frustrating , can't imagine what the new members are thinking . Ok Peat make sure to copy this post so when it craps out I can just paste later . What the fuck is that .

Broken
01-19-2008, 08:38 PM
I know the mods are working on this but sure is frustrating , can't imagine what the new members are thinking . Ok Peat make sure to copy this post so when it craps out I can just paste later . What the fuck is that .

Yep, that ain't no way to run a railroad....

My problems have been going on for a few days.
I looked, is there already another thread about this that I missed?

100%
01-19-2008, 08:41 PM
never blame the tool.

FatBob
01-19-2008, 08:45 PM
I have been getting a ton of "can not display this page" errors when going through the forum.
Seems random, the page will not refresh back to the thread I was viewing. I have to go back the the index or main page. It happens in both firefox and IE7.

same problems here , refreshing page is of no use . :dabs:

bigboab
01-19-2008, 08:52 PM
I'm having a lot of problems too. A lot of times I get the reset message. If I do succeed and try to open a thread with a big post count the board crashes. This might be a coincidence. I seem to remember this happening a few years ago and they limited threads to a 1000 posts.

thebazzla
01-19-2008, 08:59 PM
same with me when i either change a page or after i have replied to a posting i get the same as you guys very frustrating

100%
01-19-2008, 09:22 PM
I do not have any problems.
Maybe because i added the hosts file trick...

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc
open "hosts" file with notepad
add this line to it;

208.101.40.56 filesharingtalk.com

got this earlier from a thread in this section, i have no clue what it does.

Broken
01-19-2008, 09:28 PM

add this line to it;

If I understand what you've done (not very likely) your setting yourself up for DNS problems eventually.

Very last resort I may try it.

backlash
01-19-2008, 10:32 PM
same here. Just go back and try the link again, though. Usually works for me..except when the board is down like the other day.

Hairbautt
01-19-2008, 11:28 PM

add this line to it;

If I understand what you've done (not very likely) your setting yourself up for DNS problems eventually.

Very last resort I may try it.
It's to avoid them, actually. But if the board ever does change servers...:unsure:

I've been getting the "No Page Display" things too. Usually a refresh works if you wait ~15 secs usually. That's all I've faced...(I had one other, but it was on my end)

Think RealitY has been trying to figure it out.

Skiz
01-20-2008, 12:34 AM

It isn't just you. The board's been acting up for 4 (5?) days in a row.

Not sure the reason tho'. :dabs:

sleepyy
01-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Same thing happens i noticed the only way for me to get it to work is close the main page and open a new one not a tab a totaly new page but the problem is still reoccuring after a few page flicks

tralalala
01-20-2008, 07:52 PM
My guess is Ross broke the forum thingmybob.. It's his fault ultimately.. Oi Ross!! What've you done to the interwebz?!

enoughfakefiles
01-20-2008, 08:03 PM
Problems for 4 - 5 days. Mehh

I've had to use a proxy to get filesharingtalk on this computer for months :dry

Broken
01-20-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm having a lot more problems in the afternoons than in the late evening.
Maybe one (or combined) of the upgrades is a little too much for the current server hardware to handle???

Right now I'm getting a bad page every other click.
At night it's about every 6th.

DKre8ive1
01-21-2008, 04:42 AM
I am been getting page not found errors or server load is very high a few times(8-10) in the past month but I just hit the refresh button 2 or 3 times and it comes up. So it hasn't really bothered me but I hope it gets sorted soon.

FatBob
01-21-2008, 06:12 PM
its getting worse

sefo
01-21-2008, 06:12 PM
same here

Tokeman
01-22-2008, 12:53 AM
seems to go down for 15 seconds to a minute every so often, but its happening repetitiously over and over all day and all night, every time I try to do anything here. please check for errors, its event log time people.

LaPistola
01-22-2008, 01:04 AM
seems to go down for 15 seconds to a minute every so often, but its happening repetitiously over and over all day and all night, every time I try to do anything here. please check for errors, its event log time people.
I get the same thing but not this often...

peat moss
01-22-2008, 01:23 AM
Seems better today ?

angryghost
01-22-2008, 05:24 AM
a little, ive been getting these errors quite often :( usually takes a min or two to reset itself

sleepyy
01-22-2008, 12:06 PM
Seems better today ?

indeed not one problem for 20 minutes :)

Giveaway
01-22-2008, 04:30 PM
Seems better today ?
i had trouble twice since this morning :(

Tokeman
01-22-2008, 09:33 PM
went down 2:27pm today for another 30 seconds, which seems to be the usual downtime when this happens.
Seems to be too steady of a bug to be random, reminds me of when my router kept rebooting every few hours, 30 seconds would be the right amount of time for a router reboot, dont ya think? Maybe time to check the server hardware/hosting hardware, there should be uptime clocks to look at.

down again at 3:02 for 30 seconds again. I'm staying with my theory of a hardware failure, way to steady to be much else...
Sorry to keep posting, i'm a help desk tech so finding solutions is kinda habit for me.

Again at 3:14, definitely more pronounced today then ever before

peat moss
01-23-2008, 03:18 AM
@ Tokeman , a help tech ? Oh you poor basterd ! :shutup:

I had most problem when posting or trying to advance the post page but seems fine now , weird eh ? Good now and hope it continues , fingers crossed . :P

RealitY
01-23-2008, 06:18 AM
When getting a board error or timeout could you take a traceroute and send it to me in a pm message so we might be able to track the issue. To do so go to Start then type in in "cmd" and then in the window type "tracert filesharingtalk.com" and the click enter and copy whats there with right click select all and send that...

FatBob
01-23-2008, 08:05 AM
pm sent reality

did i save the board ? :mellow:

RealitY
01-23-2008, 08:11 AM
The tracert you sent looks fine. What you want is to do a tracert while the site is giving you blank pages again. Perhaps that will show what the issue is. For now havent had any issues...

FatBob
01-23-2008, 08:14 AM
i did that when i had a blank page

ok , i will send you again if i have blank pages

Giveaway
01-23-2008, 02:59 PM
i still get "cant reach site" 2-3 times a day
it should be because of overload of server

Tokeman
01-23-2008, 10:58 PM
I have not had any errors today, will send a SS of a tracert if it happens again if you think it will assist :)
Help desk isn't so bad, I only deal with internal employees, luckily I might add!