PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Pro

Altoke
01-20-2008, 12:14 AM
MacBook Air

what do you think about apple's new computer?

desire
01-20-2008, 12:35 AM
yea

DKre8ive1
01-21-2008, 04:54 AM
Yes it's thin and Mac fans with money to blow will probably end up buying one, but they are way over priced and to be honest I would rather just buy a mac book because it has more options at the same price if not cheaper and that for me person makes up having to sacrifice the size of the laptop which wouldn't be that much to be honest.

nsap
01-22-2008, 01:59 AM
Yes it's thin and Mac fans with money to blow will probably end up buying one, but they are way over priced and to be honest I would rather just buy a mac book because it has more options at the same price if not cheaper and that for me person makes up having to sacrifice the size of the laptop which wouldn't be that much to be honest.

Overpriced compared to regular laptops, but manufacturers have been shrinking the guts of laptops for years and then selling them for a tidy profit for years - Apple is nowhere near the first to do it.

Anyway, I like the general idea, but I wouldn't buy one. No need. If they had released a 13" MacBook Pro with a dedicated GPU as was rumored, then maybe.

Shiranai_Baka
01-22-2008, 03:23 AM
external dvd burner?? no thanks.

batelray
01-22-2008, 10:51 AM
MacBook Air

i own three macs and when i saw this i laughed i would never buy this machine. its a waste of money and i know for a fact that there is a real bad over heating problem. and it makes life difficult and its hard to work with. flip down port is stupid and its based on itunes buy our movies who needs dvd's? its a stupid idea.

Quarter
01-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Not worth the money, It's just thiner big deal so what, the other macs are also almost thine as the "air".

Shiranai_Baka
01-22-2008, 05:45 PM
MacBook Air

i own three macs and when i saw this i laughed i would never buy this machine. its a waste of money and i know for a fact that there is a real bad over heating problem. and it makes life difficult and its hard to work with. flip down port is stupid and its based on itunes buy our movies who needs dvd's? its a stupid idea.

There is no overheating problem, they're using intel's chip thats supposed to be released in 2009 I believe its 45nm process and its only clocked in at 1.66ghz(?) so there should be no heat problem at all but yes the whole idea of it is stupid but its just for the fan boys to salivate over.

nsap
01-22-2008, 10:58 PM
i know for a fact that there is a real bad over heating problem

You know for a fact? How would you know this? It seems odd that Apple would release a machine that would do nothing but overheat.

Cruel
01-23-2008, 10:48 PM
I'd like one but with my XPS there is no reason really :(

athenaesword
01-28-2008, 02:05 AM
i'd say wait for the hype to die and let em come up with an upgrade for it or for the price to drop. the current price point it's at isnt' worth it imo.

fstokebanget
01-28-2008, 06:55 PM
too bad, MB Air just has USB port, really wonder why Apply has remove FW away :(

joblolabinette
02-01-2008, 02:26 AM
The real problem with the macbook air is that you pay a lot for the size of the computer. So if you don't need a really really thin notebook, you can have a really better laptop for the same price.

athenaesword
02-02-2008, 05:55 AM
too bad, MB Air just has USB port, really wonder why Apply has remove FW away :(

cus usb's just more popular..