PDA

View Full Version : IP Range changed

Fritzlang
01-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Hi!

My IP Range changed today for the first time iin several months, Should i warn every single tracker or thats ok since the isp is the same?

Thanks.

jonny81985
01-20-2008, 09:47 PM
youshould probably let the admins know, especially if they dont allow multiple ip's. The same thing happened to me and i lost my sct act and it took forever to get it back.

Hope this helps

Jon

punki_rach
01-20-2008, 09:48 PM
I agree, better to be safe than sorry, it doesn't take long and could save you your accounts

pro267
01-20-2008, 10:18 PM
You could leave a message in your profile explaining the change. I believe (but not certain) that most trackers should be fine with that as long as the ISP hasn't changed.

SgtMajor
01-20-2008, 10:30 PM
You could leave a message in your profile explaining the change. I believe (but not certain) that most trackers should be fine with that as long as the ISP hasn't changed.

And seeing that you won't be changing passwords, emails, browsing habits, what you download etc, then doing as pro267 suggest will be sufficient, they have enough problem PMs without them being added to by non-urgent PMs such as yours.

grimms
01-20-2008, 11:07 PM
Yes happened to me as well. When switching ips just leave a message on your main profile saying i switched isp's. As long as your browsing habits, forum activities, and what you download doesn't change like SgtMajor suggested you shouldn't have a problem. I probably would pm staff on certain trackers if there really strict (some are) just to be on the safe side if in doubt.