PDA

View Full Version : Busy Recommends........

Busyman™
01-21-2008, 08:35 PM
3:10 To Yuma (western)

and

Sunshine (sci-fi, watch in HD if possible)

Just see 'em

manker
01-21-2008, 08:39 PM
I've fallen asleep twice while trying to watch Sunshine.

Altho' in all fairness, my missus' sister said it's really good so I was kinda prejudiced against it from the start. Does it quicken up a bit in the later stages?

chalice
01-21-2008, 08:39 PM
Watched 3:10 To Yuma last week. Thought it rawked.

A wee bit sickly in parts but the killin' made up for that.

Busyman™
01-21-2008, 08:41 PM

Altho' in all fairness, my missus' sister said it's really good so I was kinda prejudiced against it from the start. Does it quicken up a bit in the later stages?

Hell to the yes. How'z it been goin' manks?

Sunshine has a weird twist to it. Also I watched the deleted scenes and realized that if they were left in, you wouldn't have slept, you'd have hibernated.

I thinks you were just dead tired or had just eaten. I felt the same way about Die Hard. I fell asleep on it at the theater and thought it sucked. I never cared to watch it again for awhile.

I then watched it alert and thought WTF this movie is damn good.

Skiz
01-21-2008, 08:44 PM

and

Just see 'em

"3:10" was indeed good. Christian Bale is good in anything.

Much of it was filmed about 2 miles from my parents vacation home in NM - beautiful scenes.

As for "Sunshine", I've never heard of it. This (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-movie-nzbs-80/t-sunshine-2007-720p-bluray-x264-ind-264687/) is the same one, I suppose?

100%
01-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Sunshine could have been amazingly brilliant, if they had left out the whole killer dude part.

@skizo - that is the one

Busyman™
01-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Sunshine could have been amazingly brilliant, if they had left out the wholekiller dude part.

You could have left it out too.

Busyman™
01-21-2008, 08:48 PM

and

Just see 'em

"3:10" was indeed good. Christian Bale is good in anything.

Much of it was filmed about 2 miles from my parents vacation home in NM - beautiful scenes.

As for "Sunshine", I've never heard of it. This (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-movie-nzbs-80/t-sunshine-2007-720p-bluray-x264-ind-264687/) is the same one, I suppose?

Yep. Funny too I think it has the Human Torch from FF4.

It looked like Michelle Yeoh was in it too.

manker
01-21-2008, 08:50 PM

Sunshine has a weird twist to it. Also I watched the deleted scenes and realized that if they were left in, you wouldn't have slept, you'd have hibernated.

I thinks you were just dead tired or had just eaten. I felt the same way about Die Hard. I fell asleep on it at the theater and thought it sucked. I never cared to watch it again for awhile.

I'll give it another go - and, damn it all, I'll download a HD copy.

I'm in the office more than I'd like recently but aside from that, things are pretty good, thanks.

Proper Bo
01-21-2008, 08:52 PM
I thought sunshine was a bit pants, like. It did look good on the HD tellybox tho', it's just a shame the fillum sucked bawls.

Busyman™
01-21-2008, 08:53 PM

I'll give it another go and, damn it all, I'll download a HD copy.

I'm in the office more than I'd like recently but aside from that, things are pretty good, thanks.

Hey werk comes furst and all o dat.
------
Oh and to everyone DON'T SEE JOSHUA!!!

I liked the creepyness but the movie is slow as all get out and doesn't have the pay off at the end.

It's like watching the Exorcist II: The Heretic but slightly better.

Also don't see The Return (it's an older movie) with Sara Michelle Gellar.

It's also slow with no payoff. By the cover you think it's The Grudge stylee but it should have been a short story....a bad one that we've all seen before. It's like they tried to do What Lies Beneath and failed miserably.

FatBob
01-21-2008, 09:14 PM
sunshine was really boring

i was expecting more in the end :dabs:

3.10 to yuma was really lame in the end too . seriously wtf was that ?

:pinch:

Busyman™
01-21-2008, 09:19 PM

The weird thing is that if Sunshine was an Asian production with an all Asian cast it would been seen as the best movie ever.:ermm:

angryghost
01-21-2008, 09:22 PM
sunshine was horrible... for me at least i just closed it after half an hour.

go watch 'Two Tickets to Paradise' very good film

FatBob
01-21-2008, 09:24 PM

The weird thing is that if Sunshine was an Asian production with an all Asian cast it would been seen as the best movie ever.:ermm:

i can only think of rescue dawn and the bourne ultimatum as good movies from 2007

Busyman™
01-21-2008, 09:26 PM

What's that about?

Also what was bad about Sunshine? Was it too Solarisy?

I know one misconception that threw me off was that I was expecting some super sci-fi action movie. It was more like 2010 instead.

edit: shit I just realized you didn't watch past 30min. You missed a bit then. nvm.

Busyman™
01-21-2008, 09:29 PM

i can only think of rescue dawn and the bourne ultimatum as good movies from 2007

I was wondering about Rescue Dawn. I might watch that this evening.

I didn't know Sunshine was an '07 movie either. I just saw it today.

angryghost
01-21-2008, 09:30 PM
did it actually get better? because it seemed way too over the top sci fi to me...

FatBob
01-21-2008, 09:33 PM
did it actually get better? because it seemed way too over the top sci fi to me...

these space mission movies are all the same , they fuck up in the middle , some one has to be martyr in the end .. and everything is safe on earth :mellow:

Rip The Jacker
01-21-2008, 11:00 PM

I saw Sunshine with 3 of my friends, all 3 of them liked it. I thought it was terrible. =/

Busyman™
01-26-2008, 05:08 AM
The next movie is an older one....

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51CE00NAAQL._SS500_.jpg
The Last Supper

I saw it awhile ago but just ripped it.

Great movie.