PDA

View Full Version : Music torrent sites: Behind the hype - what do you think?

krunktastic
01-21-2008, 08:41 PM
Sure, everyone knows that What and Waffles have the most comprehensive collection of music around since OiNK got taken down. But, there are also several other sites that also try to bring out the best in its users by promoting top-notch ripping and encouragement to upload the rarest releases. However, it seems that because certain sites are not only difficult to get into, but because of this, have gained a sort of "hype". Mind you, this may be deserved, but for those of you who are members on almost all of these sites, how do you think they compare to each other?

In my opinion, BTMusic (or Pedro's) has been a lifesaver for me as far as finding rare rips that I couldn't find on Waffles or What. Waffles seems to have it's act together better than What as far as the quality of rips, but as far as quantity is concerned, What.cd has all three beat. I mainly visit Waffles as of right now because, for me, it seems like they have the best balance of quantity and quality.

magushun
01-21-2008, 11:22 PM
waffles has lost its advantage by now, there were more torrents, cos of the elitist mentality there, ppl uploaded more to it, but what has far more users and usually i can find rarities on what, but i have to admit i prefer waffles' quality.

fOrUmAs
01-21-2008, 11:26 PM
if u have whatcd or waffles u dont need anything else at least that is for me

but who are not members there yet they can try sounddamage,STmusic and few more

grimms
01-21-2008, 11:30 PM
Btmusic, what, and waffles is a killer combo. I tend to like what more, but the site is alittle more dumbed down in a sense, Waffles is more adult like and more organized with a better design and layout. I still pref what a little more though, but i tend to hang out more at Waffles. BTmusic is cool if your a loseless lover and they have alot of rare stuff. It's better to have all three. You can't go wrong with all three of them.

Giveaway
01-21-2008, 11:31 PM
STmusic rocks too
whatcd + waffles + stmusic = the best

grimms
01-21-2008, 11:37 PM
Oh yes I forgot, STmusic is great too.

munkyboy04
01-21-2008, 11:41 PM
I find everything I need on both waffles and what?

Its weird. I like the whole feel of waffles better and use that site mainly. But when I cant find somthin there its usually on what?.

1000possibleclaws
01-21-2008, 11:55 PM
STmusic rocks too
whatcd + waffles + stmusic = the best

yeah thats my combo too, cept if it's something really mainstream or new, I'll get it off of libble first. their seed bonus is insane and gives me a constant positive ratio no matter what. then that saves my ratios on the main 3 trackers for rarer music that i cant find anywhere.

I'll also usually throw up a request on kraytracker for the album I want if its punk/hxc/ska/indie etc, and someone normally helps me out. :lol: and then i use rockbox for grind and all types of metal :happy:

Cruel
01-22-2008, 12:17 AM
Haven't had time to check the quality but for me there is four by addind softmp3 to your orgiginal three.

markupmaster
01-22-2008, 12:41 AM
SoundDamage has a killer design,friendly community and incredible staff....

:D

broomhead
01-22-2008, 01:44 AM
markup ^^^ that is true lol

But waffles actualy has a bigger music compilation than what.cd
what.cd has mroe torrents (barely) but they have a lot more double torrents.