PDA

View Full Version : What do you use to rip to FLAC?

typeoholic
01-22-2008, 04:16 AM
Been using EAC, but I remember when I first started out, I setup Winamp Pro to rip to FLACs and used that. LMAO

What does everyone else use?

Skiz
01-22-2008, 04:17 AM
EAC is the standard.

I won't even download an album in FLAC format unless EAC was the ripper.

cjyes
01-23-2008, 08:20 AM
monkeyaudio

punki_rach
01-23-2008, 07:41 PM
I use EAC because that's what OiNK told me to use

Cruel
01-23-2008, 10:49 PM
EAC 0.95b all the way :)

Polarbear
01-24-2008, 12:14 AM
xact

sleepyy
01-24-2008, 01:46 AM
http://www2.firehose.us:81/~jiggafellz/eac/

I've not tryed it so don't blame me

grimms
01-24-2008, 05:36 AM
Use to use the Flac frontend now it's EAC 0.95b all the way, with the proper ripping settings.

Skiz
01-24-2008, 06:05 AM

I hate that tutorial. It teaches people that EAC can be used in a cookie cutter method and not the way it was intended to be used. :dry:

grimms
01-24-2008, 05:53 PM
I hate that tutorial. It teaches people that EAC can be used in a cookie cutter method and not the way it was intended to be used. :dry:

So in what way is EAC intended to be used besides the obvious? (making exact copies of cd's, vinyl converted to flac) If you have a site or tut to link to, i'll give it a read.

Skiz
01-24-2008, 06:13 PM

So in what way is EAC intended to be used besides the obvious? (making exact copies of cd's, vinyl converted to flac) If you have a site or tut to link to, i'll give it a read.

Most of the time, it is pretty obvious. What immediately jumps out is live albums versus studio albums; they sound completely different. Live albums can really be brought to life with the use of EAC.

I don't know of any tutorials other than what is on the EAC site though. :unsure:

There is a wealth of knowledge there.

grimms
01-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Most of the time, it is pretty obvious. What immediately jumps out is live albums versus studio albums; they sound completely different. Live albums can really be brought to life with the use of EAC.

I don't know of any tutorials other than what is on the EAC site though. :unsure:

There is a wealth of knowledge there.

I understand what your saying. Very true, I agree.

sleepyy
01-28-2008, 01:36 AM

What do you mean skizo?

Could you recommend me a better guide then please i remember it from oink and never really used it it's always good to learn something new on how to do things the proper way

athenaesword
01-28-2008, 01:56 AM
just use EAC you cant' go wrong with that. it's best to go with the mainstream for these things.

Skiz
01-28-2008, 02:24 AM

What do you mean skizo?

Could you recommend me a better guide then please i remember it from oink and never really used it it's always good to learn something new on how to do things the proper way

Read two posts up. :dabs: