PDA

View Full Version : A kind request for FTWR

gnlstryker
01-22-2008, 06:58 AM
I am kindly requesting for an invite to FTWR.

thanks.

Kyl3KK
01-22-2008, 07:10 AM
lol nice.

pandabear
01-22-2008, 07:28 AM
Is it to collect, trade or sell. Need more info.

RoSsoNeRI
01-22-2008, 07:31 AM
lol just a perfect request

PRINCE
01-22-2008, 07:32 AM
what???:blink:
he just req
why you write this words
if he Deserves this invite
he will get it
not
no problem
but this words very Provocative

jwsisliving1
01-22-2008, 07:34 AM

Just a question, how much have you buffered your post count thrashing and spamming in people's request threads?

pandabear
01-22-2008, 08:05 AM

Just a question, how much have you buffered your post count thrashing and spamming in people's request threads?

I am sorry if i like to know a bit about someone. Maybe you should go back to your +1 Great giveaway man, you deserve it posts, and leave me alone.

Hrvoje
01-22-2008, 08:14 AM
you suck :D

th0r
01-22-2008, 09:01 AM
I am kindly requesting for an invite to FTWR.

invites are closed, you're out of luck i'm afraid

jwsisliving1
01-22-2008, 09:16 AM

I am sorry if i like to know a bit about someone. Maybe you should go back to your +1 Great giveaway man, you deserve it posts, and leave me alone.

Sorry but it's nothing personal against you. I'm just tired of seeing so many requests being thrashed around here. I felt like saying something. Again, sorry if it wasn't the nicest way to say it. But here's what I honestly think:

Why ask him if he would sell, trade, or collect the account? What sane person would ever say yes to that? Why ask such a question if everybody already knows what the answer will be? So if he said "No", that he would never trade or sell or collect the account, would you really consider him for an invite? That would be enough for you. Sounds suspicious.

I don't think you want to know anything about him. I doubt you have any intention of giving away a level 9/10 invite to guy with 215 posts making a request in FST. By asking him this, instead one of the normal questions people ask someone when they're considering them for an invite, your just implying in your own subtle way that he's likely to do one of these horrible things. Believe me I've moderated and filled a lot of requests elsewhere, so I know a thing or two.

Second, I have no 'great giveaway man' posts. Seriously, see how many you find. And I only made maybe one 'you deserve it post', and it was to support my good friend JROQuinn when he was getting thrashed in one of his request threads. And it was not just some one line 'you deserve it post', it was a well thought out defense of one of the most generous members of the torrent community. If I spammed I would have a lot more than 82 posts right now.

And I will leave you alone after this. As I said before, I just wanted to speak up. And I wasn't the only one.

dinko
01-22-2008, 10:07 AM

is it means you have rabit .Need more info :unsure:

jwsisliving1
01-22-2008, 01:01 PM
And gnlstryker, some advice to you. This has been said many times before, and it should be said again (sorry for the length, read it if U want):

A two line request is not enough. If you had 1000+ posts here, then maybe a short request would have a chance. But with only a little over 200 posts if you want any chance to get a F*** invite, the more you say the better.

You have to expect that there's an extremely small odds a request will get F***, but never say never. I'm sure there have been at least a few posters in the history of FST that have gotten a F*** invite because of a request; if I search through the many tens of thousands of threads here I'm sure I could find a few examples at least, and not all with an incredible post count since post count isn't most important thing in the world. We have banned many people in my forum, many of whom had a lot of posts.

So lightnight can strike anyone, and the lightning could be in the form of some random & generous F*** Super Member or staff who has a spare invite and wants to use it, and maybe doesn't have a friend who needs or wants it. Yeah Okay that's a very unlikely scenario and so is winning the lotto, but even the lotto has winners.

For this or any request, but especially when your requesting mid to high level trackers, you need to make a convincing argument for yourself. It needs to be short and to the point. I've seen too many 'letter' requests, and nobody wants to read three or four paragraphs about why somebody wants a tracker.

It's a job interview really, and you want to sell yourself as much as possible (ratio proofs & speedtest, what you can contribute SPECIFICALLY, why you want to be there, etc etc).

There will be many other applicants saying the same things you will: they want the tracker because of it's "community"(so overused), they can contribute by posting a lot (won't work unless your a really valued & well known member of FST) and seeding really well (never need to say that, let your speedtest say it).

Point is you should say something different, or at least say the same things other requesters are saying in a different way. Make yourself stand out.