PDA

View Full Version : Annoyed with ScT!

Unstable1
01-22-2008, 09:24 AM
im cheesed off that ScT are refusing to unban utorrent 1.6.1 even though its been proven not to have the most recently found bug which has caused all the other versions except 1.7.6 to be banned.

bitme, bitmetv, blackcats-games, what, waffles have all unbanned 1.6.1 yet ScT are sticking to their guns.

i wish they would come to their senses and stop being so pig-headed and think about the users.

now i have to use two versions of utorrent for different sites, because some sites im on have banned the 1.7.x tree.

come on ScT, admit you were wrong to ban utorrent 1.6.1 and do the right thing, unban it for the benefit of your users.

Diiyad
01-22-2008, 09:31 AM
Latest version of utorrent is the safest.

FatBob
01-22-2008, 09:40 AM
maybe they havent tested anything :pinch:

why do some people keep repeating this :slap:

renwickftw
01-22-2008, 09:42 AM
RevTT also has banned everything except for 1.7.6 :(

silhoutte
01-22-2008, 09:52 AM
Please give 'utorrent 1.6.7' with the title as i don't have to read such posts. :lol:

Seriously, threads are OK. But posting without reading what's written just above him/atleast the first post is making me really annoyed.
Unstable, it's not about your post. :)

zizo85
01-22-2008, 09:56 AM
latest version utorrent1.7.6
its safe 4 u r account

Unstable1
01-22-2008, 09:57 AM
RevTT also has banned everything except for 1.7.6 :(

ive just noticed that 5 minutes ago. :(

but theres a long thread about it in their forums and lots of users are complaining, so i hope they'll reverse the ban.

im sorry, but thats just nonsense.

1.6.1 has been aorund much much longer and still has no known serious bugs. who knows what news bugs are still to be found in the more recent 1.7.6. just because a program is newer, doesnt necessarily make it safer.

briand5379
01-22-2008, 10:48 AM
In time they might allow it until then either use 1.7.6, a different client or don't use it in protest of the banning of 1.6.1. Your not the only one who's had to change things almost every member of the site has had to do it so your pain is felt.

FatBob
01-22-2008, 10:53 AM
sct staff and anyone else who thinks latest is safest should read this

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-to-bt-site-staff-utorrent-161--post2598974/postcount1 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../p-to-bt-site-staff-utorrent-161--post2598974/postcount1)

(if clicking on that link doesnt work , just copy paste it )

you just cant ignore all the testing done by an experienced coder and staff ;)

Necronomicon
01-22-2008, 10:57 AM
Simply put: they don't want to unban 1.6.1. i really don't see any point in arguing. They made up their mind and despite that there was a lot of buzz about it in the forum, they won't step back. U have to live with this.

fOrUmAs
01-22-2008, 11:30 AM
im cheesed off that ScT are refusing to unban utorrent 1.6.1 even though its been proven not to have the most recently found bug which has caused all the other versions except 1.7.6 to be banned.

bitme, bitmetv, blackcats-games, what, waffles have all unbanned 1.6.1 yet ScT are sticking to their guns.

i wish they would come to their senses and stop being so pig-headed and think about the users.

now i have to use two versions of utorrent for different sites, because some sites im on have banned the 1.7.x tree.

come on ScT, admit you were wrong to ban utorrent 1.6.1 and do the right thing, unban it for the benefit of your users.

its not just ScT,there are many major sites have banned 161 and its will be banned from what i can see forever...also with this public thread u will do nothing much:)

but thank god there are sites who allowed 161 so leave ScT:yup:

Unstable1
01-22-2008, 12:16 PM

its not just ScT,there are many major sites have banned 161 and its will be banned from what i can see forever...also with this public thread u will do nothing much:)

what other major sites have banned 161?

im a member of most of the top sites and im only aware of revtt and sct who have currently banned 161. all the other sites that did have now unbanned 161.

silhoutte
01-22-2008, 12:19 PM
hdbits too? That's a happy news! It means i dont need to upgrade. :)

fOrUmAs
01-22-2008, 12:25 PM

what other major sites have banned 161?

im a member of most of the top sites and im only aware of revtt and sct who have currently banned 161. all the other sites that did have now unbanned 161.

RevTT,ScT,DH,NB,LeecherLair,TTi

also these sites recommended to upgrade on 176

TL,whatcd,waffles,Flower and few more

Giveaway
01-22-2008, 12:29 PM
1.7.6 is just the safest one.
it's for your safeness mate :)

Unstable1
01-22-2008, 12:31 PM
ok thanks.. the only 2 that affect me are revtt and sct.

the sites recommending upgrading can be ignored, at least for now.

1.7.6 is just the safest one.
it's for your safeness mate :)

why is it safer? can you prove it?

i doubt you can.

davidw89
01-22-2008, 01:23 PM
yes u can prove it..theres a link somewhere on bitmetv..scout it yourself

Unstable1
01-22-2008, 01:45 PM
such a serious bug that bitmetv are still allowing it?

thats very out of character for them.

stoi
01-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Bottom line is, its up to the trackers.

and 1.6.1 allows users to do something thats negative (cant go into to much detail) 1.7.6 has stopped users doing it. so maybe this is another reason why some trackers are still banning it, as it stops this in its tracks.

Unstable1
01-22-2008, 01:59 PM
ok, thanks for the info stoi.

if my understanding is correct though, the problem can be cicumvented by coding on the tracker side.

OnEyM
01-22-2008, 02:01 PM
please, write why 1.7.6 is safer then 1.6.1.. cuz I don't think that anyone who wrote only "use 1.7.6 it's safe" does know anything about the difference. The coder of uTorrent himself proved that 1.6.1 is not affected by the hack. And also, privet tracker users can't be attacked by it, cuz it's all in the tracker url.. private trackers accept only one url - their own

stoi
01-22-2008, 02:04 PM
ok, thanks for the info stoi.

if my understanding is correct though, the problem can be cicumvented by coding on the tracker side.

No only the client side.

but on private trackers its still risky as its not that hard to spot.

grimms
01-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Hdbits, Digital Hive, and Revtt all banned utorrent 1.6.1 as well.

silvertec
01-22-2008, 08:44 PM
1.7.x can be all crashed
1.6.x can't and is still the best
This is the peeps from utorrent leaking crap all over the net to try and get everyone to update, seems their plained worked.
Firon up for a good pay rise I would say.lol

C-mos
01-22-2008, 08:46 PM
they have their own theories :)

fOrUmAs
01-22-2008, 08:56 PM
1.7.x can be all crashed
1.6.x can't and is still the best
This is the peeps from utorrent leaking crap all over the net to try and get everyone to update, seems their plained worked.
Firon up for a good pay rise I would say.lol

give me some proof that please

also that bug didint discover from utorrent team,it was from some member

also 176 cant crash because of that bug,others version of utorrent can except 161 but probably most reasone why tracker have started to ban 161 and other version is becuase its to old and can endanger security of site and this bug that was discover its only speed thing..

as i said before in some post if u dont like it then start useing other client or tracker

tralalala
01-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Jeez why make such a biggy out of a sysops decision? It's their site, and they can do whatever the hell they like on it.. If they decide to ban/unban a certain client, that's just what they're gonna do..

Quit bitching about having to use 2 different clients for 2 different sites, you choose to do that for the sake of torrenting (or simply put - getting stuff that usually costs dosh for nothing).

As I'm sure you know, there's 2 options.. As usual - You ca either live with it... Or you can forget about it.. Easily done :)

kostnkost
01-22-2008, 09:45 PM
Just confirmed on RevTT that they lifted the ban for 1.6.1:w00t:

Happy days are here again!!

pandabear
01-23-2008, 03:38 AM
Just use 1.7.6 seriously.

willsmith099
01-23-2008, 04:24 AM
SCT can go and fuck itself,The worst tracker their
Fucking arrogant all loosers Must be enjoyong in their fucking Lexus bought from donation so forgot to update the clinets :lol:

grimms
01-23-2008, 04:52 AM
SCT can go and fuck itself,The worst tracker their
Fucking arrogant all loosers Must be enjoyong in their fucking Lexus bought from donation so forgot to update the clinets :lol:

Kinda angry their cowboy. Were you recently banned from the site? If it's just a matter of having to use a different version of utorrent it ain't THAT serious. I know i did my own bitching about it, but hey whatever...I moved on now. The stuff is all still free.;)