PDA

View Full Version : Some advice to the new guys

jonny81985
01-23-2008, 09:57 PM
Hey guys, I am fairly new here too. I have only been here two months or so and I just wanted to give some advice to you guys that aren't allowed in the invite section yet.

Hopefully most of you aren't here just for the invites. Take advantage of being part of this great community here at FST. Granted their are some bad people mixed in with the good, but speaking from experience I have met alot of great, helpful people here.

Make friends, help out on the forums, be kind, and give. If you do these things then in time you will get everything u deserve.

I am not a trader but i respect people and let them do what they want. I do however advise against it because it ruins the communities of the trackers we all want and are members at. I guess what I am saying is that you dont need to trade to get what you want. In fact, in most cases, trading will probably prevent you from getting what you want. This isnt a threat or anything like that; just a peice of friendly advice.

Hope this helps and good luck to you all

Jon

VIZFX
01-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Very good advice jonny. Thanks for putting that together.

KinkyAfro
01-23-2008, 10:08 PM
great.. who;s turn is the lecture tomorrow?
every day someone posts the same thing. we GET it!
trade=bad. sucking dick for friends = good

SgtMajor
01-23-2008, 10:14 PM
sucking dick for friends = good

tmi about your personal life there, leave it out please, some things should just be kept between you & your friends, this was one of them.

KinkyAfro
01-23-2008, 10:16 PM
huh, you mean it's not a requirement for level 10? those bastards!

SgtMajor
01-23-2008, 10:20 PM

When they say "on your knees" in future, at least you will know now it's not for that level 10.

KinkyAfro
01-23-2008, 10:23 PM
yes thank you, i will charge them usual rate.

jonny81985
01-23-2008, 10:25 PM

Just trying to help man, Looking through some of your old posts u seem to be pretty angry alot.... unresolved childhood issues perhaps?? j/k ;)

Jon

SenorBubbz
01-23-2008, 10:26 PM

It's like you have a comment for everything. gtfo of the thread if you don't have anything nice to say douchebag

anyway, hope you stay here and get 5 stars johnny

jonny81985
01-23-2008, 10:27 PM

It's like you have a comment for everything. gtfo of the thread if you don't have anything nice to say douchebag

Thanks man me too, Im planning on sticking around for the long haul :)

SenorBubbz
01-23-2008, 10:28 PM

Thanks man me too, Im planning on sticking around for the long haul :)

Good, I hope we see each other around the forum more!

and congrats on 100 posts

KinkyAfro
01-23-2008, 10:29 PM
:shutup:

jonny81985
01-23-2008, 10:32 PM
:shutup:

Lol, just let it out man, Id rather hear what u gotta say.... Just take it easy on me, my feelings get hurt very easy lol

Polarbear
01-23-2008, 10:33 PM
Hey guys, I am fairly new here too. I have only been here two months or so and I just wanted to give some advice to you guys that aren't allowed in the invite section yet.

Hopefully most of you aren't here just for the invites. Take advantage of being part of this great community here at FST. Granted their are some bad people mixed in with the good, but speaking from experience I have met alot of great, helpful people here.

Make friends, help out on the forums, be kind, and give. If you do these things then in time you will get everything u deserve.

I am not a trader but i respect people and let them do what they want. I do however advise against it because it ruins the communities of the trackers we all want and are members at. I guess what I am saying is that you dont need to trade to get what you want. In fact, in most cases, trading will probably prevent you from getting what you want. This isnt a threat or anything like that; just a peice of friendly advice.

Jon

thank you jonny, this is a good advive. it seems that you understood an important principal.

i would like to add another advice for people with fresh access to the invite section.

do not post immediately. if you are interested in a certain tracker read other requests/offers regarding that tracker first.

i know it is tempting to start a request right away. you waited a whole long month and now you want to go for it.

hold on for another two weeks and study the section very carefully. it will make your first request better and more successful!

you can ruin your chances and your reputation instantly with a bad and premature request. then you will have to wait much longer to get the invite after all.

first read 2 weeks - then post

SenorBubbz
01-23-2008, 10:51 PM

Jon

thank you jonny, this is a good advive. it seems that you understood an important principal.

i would like to add another advice for people with fresh access to the invite section.

do not post immediately. if you are interested in a certain tracker read other requests/offers regarding that tracker first.

i know it is tempting to start a request right away. you waited a whole long month and now you want to go for it.

hold on for another two weeks and study the section very carefully. it will make your first request better and more successful!

you can ruin your chances and your reputation instantly with a bad and premature request. then you will have to wait much longer to get the invite after all.

Two great posts of good advice, there should be a sticky where experienced members post advice.

RoSsoNeRI
01-23-2008, 11:02 PM

Great advice johnny, I would like to add just a lil bit to this....give personally not publicly. If u think someone deserves an invite just PM the guy n offer him rather then opening a thread.

Polarbear's advice is great too.......don't be like me n open a thread requesting FTN on ur first day in the BT section lol :noes:

Sanka113
01-23-2008, 11:09 PM
Like Polar said, don't jump the gun on the request/trade threads as soon as you are eligible to post here. Most FST's don't respond to uneducated, unprofessional post. Reading the rules here and of the trackers that you want or are trading for helps too. If you violate the rules of FST or the tracker that you want your chances of reaching your goal drops dramatically.

If you see someone who's looking for an invite for a site that you have spare invites for help him out. Now, be wary. Don't give invites out to people that have very few post. If you do choose to help them out anyways, then PM, irc, or aim the person you you can get a better grip on their personality.

If you've got a question, and are afraid of getting flamed, or shot down feel free to PM people. Most people on here I noticed don't mind a PM in regards to questions and the like.

Remember, even if you are a noob you can make still make a difference. If you have great ideas, views, philosophies, etc. don't hesitate to post as long as you make an educated post. Try to be open minded and level headed when responding to post that you may disagree with.

Finally, It's ok to check out the other sections here on FST. Be active on the other forums. We're all pirates here, get to know your fellow pirates, regardless of file sharing choice lol.

Well, thats that. I tend to type alot sometimes so if anyone would like a condensed version feel free to PM me lol.

grimms
01-24-2008, 01:55 AM

When they say "on your knees" in future, at least you will know now it's not for that level 10.

:lol:Why? Great advice jon. Your looking to be one of the better members of this site for sure.

jonny81985
01-24-2008, 02:13 AM

:lol:Why? Great advice jon. Your looking to be one of the better members of this site for sure.

Yea thats the goal, Ive already met a lot of good people here and I just wanna do my part. I love filesharing and being part of nice communities. Thats what it's all about isnt it?

Jon

IceTee
01-24-2008, 02:35 AM
Nicely said jonny81985 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/jonny81985-189429) ;) Congrats

Enjoy your stay here

Zaxx
01-24-2008, 03:47 AM
Nicely said jonny81985 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/jonny81985-189429) ;) Congrats

Enjoy your stay here

+1 very well put...nice post!

grimms
01-24-2008, 07:24 AM

Jon

To every noob read the above quote out loud 10 hundred times if you have too. If i could sticky this quote i would. Take it from me.;)

pandabear
01-24-2008, 09:36 AM
Depends whats the tracker is. The first sites i requested when entered invite section, were granted immediately.

silhoutte
01-24-2008, 09:44 AM
sucking dick for friends = good

tmi about your personal life there, leave it out please, some things should just be kept between you & your friends, this was one of them.

Right on... :D
I liked it.

SAM
01-24-2008, 09:46 AM
one of the best topics i read in a while :)

KinkyAfro
01-24-2008, 02:03 PM
fucking sick of all the nicey nice people on here.. this forum is all about stealing yet everyone acts like their shit don't stink... we are not the highly moral members of society that everyone tries to portray them selfs as... getting trackers is all about being the best actor in one big game...

this guy understands the system..
find the ones who has what you want and get brown nosing... well played!

Right on... :D
I liked it.

DyNast
01-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Well, johnny, that is a helpful advice indeed... you should also remember a few basics:
Yes, it's good to share, but never invite people you don't trust them to use their account wisely... always use your judgment and don't giveaway invites for free just like that :) if you don't trust anyone who requests an invite\account in your giveaway, just don't give it to anybody ;)

jonny81985
01-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Well, johnny, that is a helpful advice indeed... you should also remember a few basics:
Yes, it's good to share, but never invite people you don't trust them to use their account wisely... always use your judgment and don't giveaway invites for free just like that :) if you don't trust anyone who requests an invite\account in your giveaway, just don't give it to anybody ;)

Yea good advice, You have to remember it is your own name on the line so make sure you trust the person 100 percent before giving out an invite :)

Jon

pandabear
01-25-2008, 03:33 AM

Exactly. Seen it too many times. A so called "genuine" person comes along, sprouts the correct shit, gets in with the good crowd, and gets invited to their "dream" trackers, than thats the last you see of them, atleast until they want more.

fatcat69
01-25-2008, 04:06 AM

Exactly. Seen it too many times. A so called "genuine" person comes along, sprouts the correct shit, gets in with the good crowd, and gets invited to their "dream" trackers, than thats the last you see of them, atleast until they want more.

hahaha.

To the OP, only time will tell man.

Want the honest truth about me...i registered here...read that there was a 1 month wait...bounced for about 2 months...remembered about this thing, started posting in the giveaway threads. :lol:

Now Im a very active member, I have asked for invites...maybe 7-10 times for your not so rare sites, got into FTN/FSC and other high "level" trackers without asking, so Im not here really for invites, it is more to help out people. So I am one of the few members here that arent here really for invites anymore...but I was from the start...im not going to lie.

So you dont necessarily need to be around here a month. Plus to anyone who claims they are here for anything but the invite section...your lying through your teeth!

http://hotlard.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/bad-teeth.jpg

omg i hope people brush their teeth after seeing this...i did.:lol:

jonny81985
01-25-2008, 04:19 AM
I was wondering when you were gonna show up fatcat lol

pandabear
01-25-2008, 04:32 AM
Whats your nick on ftn fatcat. Yet to see any real spammers, except phillo, and hes a horrible spammer.

fatcat69
01-25-2008, 04:38 AM
Whats your nick on ftn fatcat. Yet to see any real spammers, except phillo, and hes a horrible spammer.
Ill pm ya..im not really active in their forums....i have too many forums lol so I mainly spend my time at my other 3 favorites and here mainly

Dark Archon
01-25-2008, 04:48 AM
Like Polar said, don't jump the gun on the request/trade threads as soon as you are eligible to post here. Most FST's don't respond to uneducated, unprofessional post. Reading the rules here and of the trackers that you want or are trading for helps too. If you violate the rules of FST or the tracker that you want your chances of reaching your goal drops dramatically.

If you see someone who's looking for an invite for a site that you have spare invites for help him out. Now, be wary. Don't give invites out to people that have very few post. If you do choose to help them out anyways, then PM, irc, or aim the person you you can get a better grip on their personality.

If you've got a question, and are afraid of getting flamed, or shot down feel free to PM people. Most people on here I noticed don't mind a PM in regards to questions and the like.

Remember, even if you are a noob you can make still make a difference. If you have great ideas, views, philosophies, etc. don't hesitate to post as long as you make an educated post. Try to be open minded and level headed when responding to post that you may disagree with.

Finally, It's ok to check out the other sections here on FST. Be active on the other forums. We're all pirates here, get to know your fellow pirates, regardless of file sharing choice lol.

Well, thats that. I tend to type alot sometimes so if anyone would like a condensed version feel free to PM me lol.

thanks for taking time to write this up. i read through it and learnt alot. thanks :happy:

@Fatcat: can you please remove that disturbing image on page 3? its not a pleasant view

fatcat69
01-25-2008, 05:25 AM

thanks for taking time to write this up. i read through it and learnt alot. thanks :happy:

@Fatcat: can you please remove that disturbing image on page 3? its not a pleasant view

lol well brush your teeth!

Plus page 3? I dont have pages....just 1 page here....set your forum options to view 100 posts per page! makes life easy!:happy:

pandabear
01-25-2008, 05:37 AM

lol well brush your teeth!

Plus page 3? I dont have pages....just 1 page here....set your forum options to view 100 posts per page! makes life easy!:happy:

Unless your internet is slow.