PDA

View Full Version : What kinds of advantages does BitMeTV have over TVTorrents?

Stevis
01-24-2008, 02:23 AM
I hear some really great things about BMTV, but TVT seems to have everything I could need as far as TV shows go. Does BMTV have faster pre times, or what?

Horatiu
01-24-2008, 02:24 AM
Maybe speed and more seeders, others are pure fiction.

ShadowsServant
01-24-2008, 02:24 AM
I think BmTv has a wider selection of tv shows. That's what I hear from some users.

$SnoopDo2G$
01-24-2008, 02:28 AM
I see that BitmeTV is more kinda of private and shieeet and yeah got pretty decent speeds and it should be more difficult if you wanna build a ratio..
But i say TV Torrents is way better for me... coz ability to seed faster and some rare tv stuff that i haven't seen on BMTV are there on TVT... so yeah
definetely TVT no invite shit...TV is meant to be free for all so i don't see the point of makin' a private tracker for TV releases... i got about 200+channels on my tv and that for free included in my internet stuff

jonny81985
01-24-2008, 02:59 AM
Well Bitmetv has pretty much the best selection for tv shows online. The speeds are amazing and everyone there is very nice (minus a few bad seeds). If its on tv its probably on Bitmetv

Jon

Sanka113
01-24-2008, 03:23 AM
Search through my first post on here. TVT versus BMTV.

Go to the WTAW thread if you want a quick glance at what BMTV has compared to the TVT's. http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-tracker-reviews-256067/page12#post2311329

grimms
01-24-2008, 03:29 AM
BMTV is the best there is. Hard to seed on that tracker though without a seedbox or donating.

Saroman
01-24-2008, 03:47 AM
Speed and Content thats it :P

Zaxx
01-24-2008, 03:56 AM
BMTV is the best there is. Hard to seed on that tracker though without a seedbox or donating.

Thanx for the info...was curious about BMTV, think I'll stick with TVT for now. :)

grimms
01-24-2008, 04:14 AM

Thanx for the info...was curious about BMTV, think I'll stick with TVT for now. :)

Don't get me wrong though BMTV is beautiful. The way everything is laid out and the content. But yes it's hard as hell to seed. If you grab just one episode of something it could land you in trouble if you don't seed it for at least a week or more, especially if your just starting out. Plus they hate hit and runners (i know most sites do too) you risk your account being disabled real quick and the mods and admins, keep that ip, user software running waiting to hit the red button, putting new members usernames in their sigs predicting the'll be checking the 10 commandments forum next.:happy:

Grind$oFine
01-24-2008, 04:49 AM
BitMeTV's content blows the other TV trackers out of the water. EASILY.
They have everything you could think of plus more.
Different countries' shows, and different formats.
And the speed is fantastic!
The shows are uploaded very quickly after their release time.
The forums are great.
The request system is helpful.
The design is nice.
The staff is notorious for being "mean," but you wouldn't notice it if you stayed on their good side. (Which isn't that hard.)
Seeding is hard, but not as hard as people are making it sound.

Basically, BitMeTV is the OiNK of TV.

It has earned its 10 rating.
And it is easily the best TV tracker IMHO,
but if you watch mostly mainstream US TV shows, and you get everything you need with TVT, and you're happy with it, then BitMeTV might not be worth your time to track down.

avoozl
01-24-2008, 04:51 AM
TVT = Easy to seed, but episodes aren't always up quite as quickly.

BMTV = Much harder to seed, but episodes are almost always up very quickly.

If you are downloading an episode that aired today, it is easy to seed at either place, but if you are downloading old content, it is much easier to seed back at TVT.

kyuuchi
01-24-2008, 05:01 AM
If you are only downloading recent shows, then either site is fine as you can achieve good speed on either site. BitmeTV has more older shows than TVT, and better seeded. If TvT has almost everything you need then don't bother with BMTV

ScreaminJay
01-24-2008, 05:04 AM
Same as others, I find the MAIN advantage of BitMeTV is the content...

So, forget the pre-time, forget the speed. If you are the kind of person who want his latest fix of prison break or 24, you can get it on many sites.

But for something like a very obscure tv serie from the 70's you just couldn't find anywhere else, BitMeTV may be able to help.

That is what I found so far anyway... I just need to build myself a ratio strong enough to "pay" for those older releases... and there is so many, even shows from the 50's and 60's.

It's just the best archival site of tv shows in general. So if you mostly want shows from the 2000's... all trackers can provide fairly well there. For rarer stuff, I like it... If only it was more simple to get a good ratio. The best way (outside of uploading) is to actually download recent upload from another tracker as soon as they are release and add yourself as seeder as quick as possible on the swarm of BMTV.

I may just have to upload some of my own rare old tv shows to get some buffer.

grimms
01-24-2008, 05:07 AM
The staff is notorious for being "mean," but you wouldn't notice it if you

Basically, BitMeTV is the OiNK of TV.

Very much so to the mean part. Not so much about it being the Oink me of TV unless your just referring to content then you get a big yes. When comes to seeding Oink was one of the best places to keep a great ratio. BitMeTV is the Equivalent to slavery, unless you donate currency or plant a seed (have a server);)

Stevis
01-24-2008, 05:45 AM
Meh. It'd be cool to check out BMTV's selection of older TV shows, but right now I just mainly am into relatively current stuff. So, I guess TVT is good enough for me (for now). Who knows, maybe someday I'll decide it's worth the effort to get into BMTV.

SAM
01-24-2008, 05:51 AM
NOTHING
tvt has better staff

grimms
01-24-2008, 05:59 AM
NOTHING
tvt has better staff

Any tracker has better staff. BMTV staff are MEAN unless they like you or you donate.

aysomc
01-24-2008, 06:07 AM
i have crappy comcast and i find seeding to be really easy. and if it ever gets harder you could grab a new show from some other site and then just seed it at bmtv.

grimms
01-24-2008, 07:17 AM
i have crappy comcast and i find seeding to be really easy. and if it ever gets harder you could grab a new show from some other site and then just seed it at bmtv.

I 'll probably have to do that. Yea their sandvine throttling software sucks. I use to sit in on the meeting's. Well? Their up against the FCC now.

tgp
01-24-2008, 08:23 AM
i find the interface at tvt annoying. other than that most things have been said. never had any trouble seeding on bmtv though. they allow part-seeding which helps a lot. you just have to use your head.

silhoutte
01-24-2008, 08:48 AM
lol, In my words, one is ratio-fascist while the other is best for your crappy internet.

BUt for older tv shows and not so popuplar ones, you must have bitmetv.

3rdly, bmtv's site layout and font is the best i have seen on any tracker. I bet if others have better layouts. :lol:

Charles Lindbergh
01-24-2008, 12:36 PM
Hi people !!!

I'm very happy with TvT. They're great and fits all of my needs. I think that BMTV is more for advanced users of TV shows. I also earn upload bonus and a lot of torrents files are on FREE LEECH. That can be very useful in situations like this one :

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/3570/tvtwd4.th.png (http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tvtwd4.png)

Staff is also great. Registrations are closed for new user, also invites are disabled. Demand is growing and I think that it'll be hard to get in.

Regards !!!

Sanka113
01-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Hey Chuck, did you ever find your baby? Last time I checked he was working with Osama.

aaatoel
01-24-2008, 12:53 PM
I am not in BMTV but tvt is great (actually both of tvtorrents are great nut i slightly prefer .ro than .com)! The Freeleech stuff is absolutely brilliant although in some torrents the descritpion is not the best and I 've seen some faulty torrents (in .ro)! But anyways, I don't care about stuff from the 50s so tvtorrents are more than enough for me!

briand5379
01-24-2008, 10:22 PM
Both sites have advantages and disadvanges. I would want both.

BMTV - speed, content, and pre times

TvT - ability to seed, easier to get into and less fear of being banned

Sylar666
01-25-2008, 10:13 AM
TVT has one more disadvantege : it has considerable amount of downtime.

Sanka113
01-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Really? I never experience any downtime at any of the TVTs. BTW happy 1000th post!

Sylar666
01-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Thank, U. I experienced many downtimes last year.

Dark Archon
01-25-2008, 04:24 PM
bmtv has an active forum?

Giveaway
01-25-2008, 07:33 PM
BTMTV great speeds!!and fast uploads