PDA

View Full Version : Question about trackers

jonny81985
01-24-2008, 03:56 AM
I was wondering if trackers disable you for inactivity if u are still seeding but haven't logged in for a week or so??

any help is greatly appreciated

Jon

Zaxx
01-24-2008, 04:00 AM
Wouldn't think so...esp if your seeding. Most trackers give you 42 days..some are much more strict, so I guess it depends on which tracker and what their rules are for inactive accts.

SgtMajor
01-24-2008, 04:01 AM
You normally have 42 days to do both, some a bit longer, some a bit shorter, depending upon your user level.

Read the FAQ for specifics, but generally whatever the time frame is, you really should do both within that time.

BluRossonero
01-24-2008, 04:02 AM
There are trackers which disable your account if you do not download a minimum of X mb per month even if you seed what you have downloaded. This also depends on your rank.

But all these are written in the FAQ or Rules of the tracker. So, if you read them and do exactly what they say you shouldn't have a problem.

Cheers!

grimms
01-24-2008, 04:09 AM
Yes i would read the FAQ and rules to what ever specific tracker you got questions about. To play it safe though i would both seed and log in within 30 days regardless if it's 42 days or more, just to play it safe. Better safe then sorry, but if your sorry next time it will be best to play it safe.

silhoutte
01-24-2008, 09:30 AM
I was wondering if trackers disable you for inactivity if u are still seeding but haven't logged in for a week or so??

any help is greatly appreciated

Jon

YES. Even if you seed, your accounts will be disabled after a specific period, say 3-4 weeks. Its always better to log in to your trackers once in every 2 weeks. Thats what i do, so to be safe.

pandabear
01-24-2008, 09:33 AM
I say no. I seed to all my accounts, and have yet to be disabled for one, despite sometimes going weeks without axxing an account. BUt i am PU on most sites, so i suspect i may have more tolerance.

silhoutte
01-24-2008, 09:54 AM
lol, I can just say you are plain lucky.
The only tracker never disabled me for enactivity is rmvb.

Giveaway
01-25-2008, 10:12 PM
just keep utorrent seeding and youll be ok ;)

yayyyyyy
01-25-2008, 10:16 PM
just seeding might not be enough ;)

The very active trackers with 100% ppl USING THEM ban the users NOT USING them (downloading)... a perfect example is hdbits ;)

Tokeman
01-26-2008, 01:30 AM
depends on the tracker, but I would have to say no for all my trackers at least. Some i've not log'd into for a long long time, but I have stuff seeding. Seeding = activity, simple as that.

Tokeman
01-26-2008, 01:32 AM
edit: double post

fatcat69
01-26-2008, 01:54 AM
There are trackers which disable your account if you do not download a minimum of X mb per month even if you seed what you have downloaded.

What tracker are you part of? I have never seen a download requirement anywhere. Some trackers req. download to achieve rank...but none ban you for not downloading XX per month. That would discourage alot of people as nearly all staff are not just on one tracker so how would they expect their members to just have one tracker.

42 days is the solid bet...

unless you are SCC and are on the one week plan until PU.

Tokeman
01-26-2008, 02:04 AM
There are trackers which disable your account if you do not download a minimum of X mb per month even if you seed what you have downloaded.

What tracker are you part of? I have never seen a download requirement anywhere. Some trackers req. download to achieve rank...but none ban you for not downloading XX per month. That would discourage alot of people as nearly all staff are not just on one tracker so how would they expect their members to just have one tracker.

BMTV had a rule like this for a while, not sure if its still around or not.
Speaking of bitmetv, you ever find it fatcat?

fatcat69
01-26-2008, 02:14 AM

BMTV had a rule like this for a while, not sure if its still around or not.
Speaking of bitmetv, you ever find it fatcat?

Yup I got it. Thanks for asking mate :happy: