PDA

View Full Version : Remote Desktop Connection in win xp

Blood-Ties
01-24-2008, 07:16 AM
can any one tell me how I can use Remote Desktop Connection , please

I want connect to my home pc from from my work , I do not have any firewalls , I have windows xp in work and home

grimms
01-24-2008, 07:37 PM
http://www.uhd.edu/computing/uss/rdc.htm this should help you out. It's too long to explain. Just replace all the parts in the tut saying uhd with the name of your computer or drive.

This tut may be better from you since it's from Microsoft their self.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/getstarted/remoteintro.mspx

Cabalo
01-24-2008, 08:01 PM
u don't have any router at home?

PS: u should increase even more the text size, i hardly could read what you typed.

Blood-Ties
01-24-2008, 10:39 PM
u don't have any router at home?

PS: u should increase even more the text size, i hardly could read what you typed.

I have router at home

grimms
01-25-2008, 01:35 AM
Read the tutorial i gave you. You'll have to set up a remote connection from your work computer to your home pc. You'll need your home pc (local) configured to receive remote desktop connection from remote computer (work pc). It's sorta like VMware cause you'll be doing the remote connection from your ip addresses. Also make note that both computers need to be set up for the internet (pretty obvious i know). Read the tuts i linked to, to help you further. Anymore questions just send another post.

Blood-Ties
01-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Read the tutorial i gave you. You'll have to set up a remote connection from your work computer to your home pc. You'll need your home pc (local) configured to receive remote desktop connection from remote computer (work pc). It's sorta like VMware cause you'll be doing the remote connection from your ip addresses. Also make note that both computers need to be set up for the internet (pretty obvious i know). Read the tuts i linked to, to help you further. Anymore questions just send another post.

thanks a lot for your replay , but I want use Remote Desktop Connection without any program .

I want set up a remote connection only , you understand me

Cruel
01-25-2008, 08:04 PM
What version of Windows XP do you have? If you have home I think you need another program.

Blood-Ties
01-26-2008, 12:58 AM
What version of Windows XP do you have? If you have home I think you need another program.

no , Windows XP pro

Charles Lindbergh
01-26-2008, 01:14 AM

no , Windows XP pro

Hi Blood-Ties !!!

I answered you in "hardware" section of forum. That's solution.

Regards !!!

Blood-Ties
01-26-2008, 01:26 PM
no , Windows XP pro

Hi Blood-Ties !!!

I answered you in "hardware" section of forum. That's solution.

Regards !!!

thanks a lot for your help but I want know , How I can get username and password ?

Charles Lindbergh
01-26-2008, 05:35 PM
Hi Blood-Ties !!!

I didn't understand you clearly. You must make a new acc on that box which you want to access. You set new user and pass and add it on remote desktop settings @ "Select remote users"

http://www.microsoft.com/library/media/1033/windowsxp/images/using/mobility/getstarted/enablerd.jpg

You add them there and that's whole story.

Regards !!!

Blood-Ties
01-27-2008, 07:10 AM
Hi Blood-Ties !!!

I didn't understand you clearly. You must make a new acc on that box which you want to access. You set new user and pass and add it on remote desktop settings @ "Select remote users"

http://www.microsoft.com/library/media/1033/windowsxp/images/using/mobility/getstarted/enablerd.jpg

You add them there and that's whole story.

Regards !!!

thanks a lot for your replay , I will try it

fstokebanget
01-28-2008, 06:49 PM
but I think you still have to set port-forwarding in your router, you could Google for RDC port number

nsap
01-29-2008, 03:25 AM
but I think you still have to set port-forwarding in your router, you could Google for RDC port number

It's 3389.

Blood-Ties
01-29-2008, 07:01 AM

Good idea , I will try that now