PDA

View Full Version : I have virus or trojan in my USB drive

sanjana
01-24-2008, 10:16 AM
I am always getting the message as 'Access is Denied' message whenever I try to open the USB drive... When I open it it shows 3 folders

1.Music
2.Autorun.inf
3.Recycler

I tried formatting and still it comes back again and again.

I used this on my friends systems too.. Same problem.

How do I fix this. Moreover when I right click on the driver there are two options in the context menu... Open, explore and one with explore or open works fine and the other always gives Access is denied...

If see no program will give the access is denied....message..

It only gives the Access denied message...

I think there is some process in my com and it is keep adding this files in the USB drive.

manker
01-24-2008, 01:17 PM
You think you have a virus on your usb drive - so you plug it into your friends computer.

===

Anyhow, your usb drive is probably fucked. They're priced to be practically disposable these days so buy a new 4gb one from play.com for ten quid ($89.20).

chalice
01-24-2008, 01:21 PM
buy a new 4gb one from play.com for ten quid ($89.20).

:lol:
You know it makes cents.

limpdickkid
01-24-2008, 02:11 PM
buy a new 4gb one from play.com for ten quid ($89.20).

waah nice find. just bought 2. thanks for the info.

@sanjana
maybe the drivers are screwed up or something. if its branded try going to the makers website and see if you can find updated drivers or something.

bandit99
01-25-2008, 02:53 AM
Hit the usb drive with a hammer problem fixed no virus hahahahaha :D

Start->Run...->Enter the letter (e.g. G:\).

Something Else
01-25-2008, 02:57 AM
Tempt it out with a wooden horse. :pinch:

chalice
01-25-2008, 03:02 AM
Tempt it out with a wooden horse. :pinch:
http://www.floridaestateplanninglawyerblog.com/Beretta_22_Suppressed.JPG.jpg
Do it quickly.

peat moss
01-25-2008, 03:06 AM
Invasion of the Bitorrent posters , sounds like a great movie title eh . I think the lounge should be Invite only or have to pass a simple captcha test . ( I 'd fail )

Like who is your daddy and what does he do . Hey can we delete rep points ?

clocker
01-25-2008, 04:22 AM
Anyhow, your usb drive is probably fucked. They're priced to be practically disposable these days so buy a new 4gb one from play.com for ten quid ($89.20).
$90 for 4GB??!!
Jeebus, you guys get screwed.

$30 for 8GB at Microcenter.

peat moss
01-25-2008, 04:31 AM
Ya format the puppy and go to Futureshop . Kingston 4GB DataTraveler Pocket USB Drive

$44 .99 .

Barbarossa
01-25-2008, 09:47 AM
$90 for 4GB??!!
Jeebus, you guys get screwed.

$30 for 8GB at Microcenter.

:no2:

The dollar has fallen on hard times, but not that hard :whistling

sanjana
01-25-2008, 09:50 AM
I think this is not the right place to post this question.... I really need guys...

Can anyone move this thread to software section..

manker
01-25-2008, 09:56 AM
I think this is not the right place to post this question.... I really need guys... Don't want much, do you. I've no idea where you could get guys but perhaps you could check out the the personals in your local newspaper.

Or maybe you could walk around a dodgy part of town at 3am wearing only a ripped tutu. You're bound to get gang-raped sooner or later.

Good luck!

sanjana
01-25-2008, 10:14 AM
You think you have a virus on your usb drive - so you plug it into your friends computer.

===

If I use the new USB drive that also giving the same issue... Are you from technical background....;) if you have virus in your computer you will purchase new computer right.... If this is the solution... Thanks mate...

manker
01-25-2008, 10:28 AM

===

If I use the new USB drive that also giving the same issue... Are you from technical background....;) if you have virus in your computer you will purchase new computer right.... If this is the solution... Thanks mate...
From a technical background? Surprisingly, my parents don't know much about usb drives so taught me nothing about them when I was growing up. I don't blame them for this, though, as usb drives were invented less than a decade ago.

I tell you what I definitely wouldn't do if I thought I had a virus on my computer - hook it up to a friends computer. That's just mental.

It's a shame your friend isn't from a technical background. He'd have told you to stop being an idiot and get the drive which you think is infected the fuck away from his PC.

Chip Monk
01-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Some USB drives come with stuff built in, U3 for example. Formatting does not remove that.

When you insert the drive it then places an icon in the system tray which allows you to do other things. Including but not limited to exploring the drive, removing it from the system etc. They also have the ability to password protect the drive built into the drive itself.

http://www.u3.com/

manker
01-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Some USB drives come with stuff built in, U3 for example. Formatting does not remove that.

When you insert the drive it then places an icon in the system tray which allows you to do other things. Including but not limited to exploring the drive, removing it from the system etc. They also have the ability to password protect the drive built into the drive itself.

Yeah yeah. It's no good trying to make up for it now, dad.
It's too late, thanks to your non-technical ways, I've been ridiculed on the internets by a half-wit :dry:

Chip Monk
01-25-2008, 11:41 AM
I love the fact that "stuff built in" is accepted as "technical" here.

Just try that in hard-on World.

limpdickkid
01-25-2008, 03:09 PM

Yeah yeah. It's no good trying to make up for it now, dad.
It's too late, thanks to your non-technical ways, I've been ridiculed on the internets by a half-wit :dry:

^lol...anyways getting back to the point.

Try starting internet explorer and type the drive letter in. A friend had a similar problem and this always worked.

For example if the drive letter is 'E' type the following in the Address Bar:

E:\

I'm sure this will work.

sanjana
01-31-2008, 01:15 AM
Thanks a lot guys for helping me... Really appreciated....

enoughfakefiles
01-31-2008, 12:49 PM
No problem.

Did benchez's idea work then?