PDA

View Full Version : Seedbox And Ftp Question?

petethemanc
01-25-2008, 07:44 PM
I have my linux seedbox all set up, the problem i have is how do i set up my flashfxp so i can transfer files from my server to my pc?

fisherman
01-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Don't know about flashfxp as I never used it... but I use Winscp >> http://winscp.net/eng/download.php#download2

Just log in and drag ur files from ur server to ur HD.. simple as that....

petethemanc
01-25-2008, 08:37 PM
Already got that, cheers. will try it

Strange, ive grabbed them with torrentflux but cant see them in the folder on my server.

kloot
01-27-2008, 02:33 PM
Already got that, cheers. will try it

Strange, ive grabbed them with torrentflux but cant see them in the folder on my server.

I've never used torrentflux, but i'm guessing you need to cd to the directory that you have it saving torrents to (that's probably wherever torrentflux is installed). Isn't torrentflux a browser-controlled thingy? Maybe try cd to /var/www/<name of folder that you installed torrent flux in>

hope this helps! :)

weenden
01-27-2008, 03:48 PM
pete the winscp is the best way to go

petethemanc
01-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Can i let people grab stuff from my server using winscp?

tusks
01-29-2008, 01:51 AM
Let's get this obvious and ridiculous question out of the way:
Do you have an FTP server set up on your seedbox?

Cabalo
01-29-2008, 03:35 AM
Let's get this obvious and ridiculous question out of the way:
Do you have an FTP server set up on your seedbox?
yeah, he probably didn't do that yet

stick with http://www.pureftpd.org/project/pure-ftpd for an example.

weenden
01-30-2008, 10:48 PM
yeah he did ,and if you give out your scp info to the others(i dont recomend this unless you trust em) caus they can really screw with your box so be wise

petethemanc
01-31-2008, 07:49 PM
Thanks weeden, i did sort it and no i didnt give anybody my scp info, as for tusks, come on, yes it may be a ridiculous question for you as you know the answers. But for those who do not then it isn't. Im not being funny just stating a point.