PDA

View Full Version : Is This The Summer Of Half Decent Movies?

slimboyfatz
07-30-2003, 01:08 AM
What d&#39;ya reckon people is this Summers (at the moment) ruck of Blockbusters been, well a tad half-decent..nearly there..could of been better movies??? Maybe im just being a real grouch here, and yes i&#39;ve said it before, watching one of these films on a 28inch TV (like i&#39;ve been doing) does not in any way compare to watching these on the Big screen...But i still think all these movies listed- Hulk, Reloaded, Bad Boys 2, T3, are all just damp squibs that could of and should of been better...Bad Boys 2 & T3 were just cash-ins plain and simple&#33;&#33; Hulk should have been better (ended up to f***in arty)..the year before we had Spiderman, that was done just right and was a great friggin Superhero flick (hats of to Sam Raimi).. ;) Bad Boys 2, dont get me wrong is a top class action flick..but just one bigger bang after another ,Bad Boys1 eats this film for breakfast..But maybe thats the old tale of &#39;what sequel is better than the original anyway&#39;??? <_< I&#39;m just reckoning that we will get something like the &#39;Underworld&#39; flick, which aint had half as much money spent on it/or as much publicity as the above mentioned films making people turn round after viewing it and saying &#39;what a great f***in film&#33;&#33;&#39;..its always the case nowadays (sleeper hits and all that).........Oooh theres &#39;Matrix Revolutions&#39; though (still cant wait for that bastard).... :D

Stonecoldfreak1
07-30-2003, 01:38 AM
i thought it was a gr8 summer for movies :D im probably gonna download a couple more and spend one of the last couple days of my summer watching them again cause after that i wont have much time probably :(

BigBank_Hank
07-30-2003, 03:01 AM
So far I&#39;ve read that the best movie of the year is Seabiscuit. Now I haven&#39;t seen this film but it does look interesting and fresh. I noticed that it did struggle to find an audience at the box office this weekend opening at the 5th spot (I think). I am sure that this is due probably to the lack of explosions. The race scenes are supposed to be great with a great story and great cast to go with it. Has anyone seen this film this weekend? If so how was it?

Stonecoldfreak1
07-30-2003, 03:17 AM
looks like trash if ya asked me

Gooch2k
07-30-2003, 07:33 AM
A film about half blind horse racer dosen&#39;t really get me too excited, but then I&#39;ve been surprised by movies before. I&#39;m just hoping that the last dramatic race of the film has Toby on a horse in his spiderman outfit. I&#39;d pay to see that&#33; :lol:

Gooch2k
07-30-2003, 07:40 AM
To be honest I have felt a little let down by the "big blockbuster movies" this year, but I&#39;m looking forward to...

American Pie 3
Freddy Vs. Jason
Underworld
LOTR Return Of The King
The Matrix 3 (just to see if they can make up for The Matrix 2)

If these are crap then you&#39;ll be seeing a new thread by me in a few month moaning about how crap 2003&#39;s movies have been. And if that happens... well there&#39;s always next year for them to redeam themselves.

unreal_dude
07-30-2003, 11:23 AM
hey looks like slimboyfatz is angry at hollywood for making half hearted flicks.well here in india hollywood flicks reach a bit late.but all teh movies i have seen this summer are not upto the mark. X2, tears of the sun,matrix reloaded (teh worst). i guess lotr2 and t3 were good enuf. :P

Gre1
07-30-2003, 12:53 PM
I haven&#39;t seen it but Bad Boys 2 has got to be good man and I think freddy vs jason is going to be some dumb shit just like jason X

terfdurkel
07-30-2003, 02:17 PM
From what I&#39;ve heard Bad Boys 2 is supposed to be really good. I also thought T3 was pretty good, but I seem to be in the minority on that one.

monkfi5h
07-30-2003, 04:47 PM
I thought T3 was good enough

And it seem Marvel are just trying to exploit everyone of their comics <_<