PDA

View Full Version : Seedboxes..

jonny81985
01-26-2008, 01:18 AM
I was wondering if you guys think it is a lot easier to get into the higher sites if you have a seedbox? Let me know your experiences.

Just curious :)

Jon

fOrUmAs
01-26-2008, 01:27 AM
I was wondering if you guys think it is a lot easier to get into the higher sites if you have a seedbox? Let me know your experiences.

Just curious :)

Jon

of course its not easier to get invite even if u have SB...but maybe just maybe they have better chance than others..but if someone giveing free invite for higher class he will or should give it to member that really deserve no matter if he have or dont have SB.:)

also for some higher sites u dont need SB at all like on FTN or FSC...:happy:

Razrak
01-26-2008, 01:51 AM
I think it might be easier if like to trade invites. You could buffer your accounts and earn invites to low level site. Then giveaway those invites or trade them for invites to higher sites. Doing this would probably help your Rep on these forums. Even with seedbox you are going to have to work for it.

slimdogp
01-26-2008, 01:56 AM
I'd agree. If you are a trader, which I personally don't recommend, then a seedbox will likely help. As stated you can buffer and trade accounts, or trade seedbox access for invites.

I see your join date is December, I dunno how long you've been torrenting etc.. but things take time.

fatcat69
01-26-2008, 02:12 AM
I see your join date is December, I dunno how long you've been torrenting etc.. but things take time.

lol thats a joke.

Seedboxes help big time...as long as you are active on irc, users will notice you have a good ratio, and that you are talkative...before i had a seedbox, bc my ratio was barely above 1.3 on sites...i could barely get invites to lvl 4's

The second I got a seedbox, I got into a lvl 5, then a week after that I was in a lvl 9.

Obviously seeding helps...but main thing is being active.

To the OP: You have nothing to worry about, you already know plenty of people who will hook you up, that and people see how active you are and that you are a good member.

You are fine.:happy:

Tokeman
01-26-2008, 02:14 AM
Seedboxes have nothing to do with weather or not some one will invite you. If your an ass with a seedbox, your not going to get an invite. If your a great person with a home connection, you have a good chance to recieve an invite.

Whats speed got to do with the caliber of person some one is trying to invite?!?

fatcat69
01-26-2008, 02:16 AM
Seedboxes have nothing to do with weather or not some one will invite you. If your an ass with a seedbox, your not going to get an invite. If your a great person with a home connection, you have a good chance to recieve an invite.

Whats speed got to do with the caliber of person some one is trying to invite?!?

Aww so your indirectly saying that Im a good person. :happy:

Seedboxes cant hurt though...but dont get one if this is your motive. I only got one bc my home ISP is comcast. aka "we shape your traffic!"

I want Cox back:cry:

monk3y
01-26-2008, 02:24 AM
they can help you get to better sites dunno what you mean by higher but staffers check good users at other trackers, also as fatcat said get into irc and start chatting =)

monk3y
01-26-2008, 02:24 AM
they can help you get to better sites dunno what you mean by higher but staffers check good users at other trackers, also as fatcat said get into irc and start chatting =)

pandabear
01-26-2008, 02:30 AM
I think seedbox, or sexy line (damn swedes :P) really helps on public forums. If i plan to invite someone anywhere, i like to see they have a proven way of getting a decent ratio, and climbing through the ranks. While everyone usually says you don't need a good connection for ftn (usually people who aren't on the site), the site staff always want people with healthy lines who love to leech. Nobody wants to have all their invitees being users after 2 months. You don't even need alot of speed, just a way to show you are a users not a collector. Sad thing is its hard to figure now, seeing as most people invited from here i see on ftn, barely post on forums, and barely leech on their accounts.

jonny81985
01-26-2008, 02:32 AM
Well I maintain pretty good ratios on a 15/2 line. I wasn't thinking about getting a seedbox I was just wondering what other people's experiences were. Either way I'd prefer to get invites for getting to know people over my ability to seed anyways.

Fatcat are you still running a seedbox? I think they are really expenisive, the prices I normally see are upward of 120 dollars. Too rich for my blood lol

Jon

fatcat69
01-26-2008, 02:35 AM
I think seedbox, or sexy line (damn swedes :P) really helps on public forums. If i plan to invite someone anywhere, i like to see they have a proven way of getting a decent ratio, and climbing through the ranks. While everyone usually says you don't need a good connection for ftn (usually people who aren't on the site), the site staff always want people with healthy lines who love to leech. Nobody wants to have all their invitees being users after 2 months. You don't even need alot of speed, just a way to show you are a users not a collector. Sad thing is its hard to figure now, seeing as most people invited from here i see on ftn, barely post on forums, and barely leech on their accounts.

And even with my 1mb up (which turns to about 140kb in utorr) I barely kept my 1.3 ratio at sites like SCC and ScT bc of all the seedboxes there.

On a side note: I avoid the FTN irc alot lately, i have seen too many people just arguing and when you step in to try to get them to calm down...they just call you names...its becoming more like RevTT's. I idle in FTN, but I am not to active as far as forums there. And, bc I have a seedbox currently, I dont have time to really leech what I want, I am in the process of boosting my ratio on other sites. I will though once I dont have a seedbox...I will probably get most of my stuff from my 3 freeleech sites.:happy:

Well I maintain pretty good ratios on a 15/2 line. I wasn't thinking about getting a seedbox I was just wondering what other people's experiences were. Either way I'd prefer to get invites for getting to know people over my ability to seed anyways.

Fatcat are you still running a seedbox? I think they are really expenisive, the prices I normally see are upward of 120 dollars. Too rich for my blood lol

Jon

I had to get one. Until my isp gets switched to a different, I have no choice as I cant upload that well with my new isp. I have yet to see 1 torr meet 1.0 ratio from my home connection. :( So if I wanted to keep all my new accounts...it was either seedbox...or just lose them.

Zaxx
01-26-2008, 03:22 AM
I've done well for myself and never had a seedbox. Started with 6/512 now I have a 20/1.5...I'm content and so are my trackers. Thought about a sb...would rather spend the money on hardware upgrades. :)

pandabear
01-26-2008, 03:33 AM
On a side note: I avoid the FTN irc alot lately, i have seen too many people just arguing and when you step in to try to get them to calm down...they just call you names...its becoming more like RevTT's. I idle in FTN, but I am not to active as far as forums there. And, bc I have a seedbox currently, I dont have time to really leech what I want, I am in the process of boosting my ratio on other sites. I will though once I dont have a seedbox...I will probably get most of my stuff from my 3 freeleech sites.:happy:

IRC has gone shit recently, dunno if its all the new users, but a lot of the older members have been remarking that lately, a lot of convo is just rubbish spam, and people acting like idiots. I am still hoping cptwiggles or towlie, just gets pissed off and bans all the idiots from irc in one swoop. Thats why i like using irc in the afternoon, when alot of the rowdies leave, and i can talk with some aussies about the cricket (and balajik :P)

I hate buffering sites. I am in the process of doing that on sct, so i can leech a few shows more freely, and bcg, because i want to be spu, so i can seed 10 torrents at once and not have this bloody SP problem :pinch:

But yea, as soon as you get an unmetered seedbox, your life turns to shit, because you constantly download stuff hot off the press, and trying to overseed to as many sites as possible. Buts its all worth it in the end, just purely because you no longer have to worry about late leech. Just wish i still had a fast box now so i could get spu a lot faster.

Dark Archon
01-26-2008, 07:00 PM
why you people pay for piracy, just seed at home you have all the time in the world. paying for seedboxes sound so fictitious to me, money can be spent else where and provide realistic return not a "ratio" or a "buffer" on a "torrent account".

pandabear
01-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Rofl who pays for seedboxes. I have yet to have to pay for one, just go make some friends and they start popping up.

yozshura
01-26-2008, 07:57 PM
why you people pay for piracy, just seed at home you have all the time in the world. paying for seedboxes sound so fictitious to me, money can be spent else where and provide realistic return not a "ratio" or a "buffer" on a "torrent account".
If people have money to afford it and feel that it worths the money, why not ?

petethemanc
01-27-2008, 12:17 AM
IMHO definately easier. Simple really check an irc chan for the site apply to be an uploader as long as you have fast up and buy some axx and your away.

aysomc
01-27-2008, 12:22 AM
it can be a factor when deciding to invite someone since you know they wont have any ratio problems but at the same time i prefer to invite based on the type of person i think someone is and not just because they can seed well.

Slimmmmmm
01-27-2008, 12:49 AM
One way in which it can help is to get you a great ratio on sites (handy when peeps offering invites ask you to have a few sites with good ratio), or access to higher ranked forums where you can then ask for invites.

But there is no way its gonna help if your a "bad" member and some people with seed boxes seem to think there allowed to bend rules because they seeded a few torrents really well and not others.

As for paying for a seed box, well if you know the right peeps and are willing to help on there site they might just offer you a seedbox at no cost.

Unstable1
01-27-2008, 01:20 AM
im in most of the top sites but i only got a seedbox a couple of days ago, so it made no difference to me.

weenden
01-27-2008, 01:22 AM
its easier to get in if you make friends

grimms
01-27-2008, 04:33 AM
I don't think seedboxes help you get into high level accounts unless your a trader. I never owned a seedbox but intend to get one to boast my ratio's a bit on some sites. It's hard to compete. Just be active, contribute, help others who are like minded or not. That will get you noticed and people wanting to invite you to other places. It's like making friends in real life. These people are your friends cause you all think alike, have common goals, intellectual, through mutual friends, etc. It all helps your case when it's all good.