PDA

View Full Version : SoundDamage; What's the hype about?

1000possibleclaws
01-26-2008, 04:37 AM
What is the hype about SoundDamage being a great music site? It looks nice, but there's no way you're gonna find the albums you want there; there's less than 900 torrents! I don't know about everyone, but when I use a music tracker I have an album in mind already and I visit the site to download it. I don't browse the site and download whatever sounds interesting.. and that seems like the only thing you can use SoundDamage for..

broomhead
01-26-2008, 04:43 AM
Lots of SoundDamage admins or on FST, some of which I know well. It has a ton of potential but I personaly think uploads should be open to everyone. I still like the tracker though.

markupmaster
01-26-2008, 04:47 AM
SoundDamage Rocks!

Lol....

Seriously though,It does have tremendously potential....

:)

grimms
01-26-2008, 04:52 AM
You need to give it time like any other music tracker. Oink, What, and Waffles did not become what they were overnight. It's still fairly new as well.

1000possibleclaws
01-26-2008, 05:01 AM
what and waffles did become big pretty much overnight...

markupmaster
01-26-2008, 05:04 AM
You need to give it time like any other music tracker. Oink, What, and Waffles did not become what they were overnight. It's still fairly new as well.

Grimms is 100% correct. You can't just say I want to start a tracker and then say "Poof" and it becomes top of the line. It's all part of a process that just about every tracker has to go through....

:)

Cabalo
01-26-2008, 05:42 AM
over-hyped site that is... lots of propaganda around here, but doesn't mean it won't become great, hope it will.

VIZFX
01-26-2008, 05:58 AM
Also keep in mind that since SD is still pretty new, you can still sign up without the need of an invite.

http://www.sounddamage.com/signup.php

pandabear
01-26-2008, 06:42 AM
:o
What and waffles took off overnight because people were looking for a new music site. Now that its settled, i don't think many other sites can cruise their way to the top.

Aeyen
01-26-2008, 08:26 AM
I think they've just begun, so let's give them a chance :D
I'm on their site and personally, it's kind of great, but they don't have much yet and I have found a .torrent file w/ a Downloaded from Demonoid.txt file inside (some name like that) but since Demonoid is closed, I don't think it's not okay. But it's really good :D

Dark Archon
01-26-2008, 08:29 AM
its going to be hard for Sound Damage to stand out the crowd with otehr competitions like Libble, STM and Funky Torrents.

Aeyen
01-26-2008, 09:07 AM
Maybe , but if they do it like what OINK did they might stand out. But really, it's better to keep it low and have honest members rather than have lots of members bu catch the MIAA and RIAA :D

The Wanderer
01-26-2008, 09:39 AM
...If Music Is Your Passion...

I like the tracker, it has potential to be great. Great job, Mark. ;)

SAM
01-26-2008, 01:30 PM
for me , it's a good site
i like it there :)

mrnobody
01-26-2008, 01:58 PM
needs some work but nice site

DjDjazzer
01-26-2008, 02:16 PM
I'll be honest, lately we have some problems! Still most uploads are by staff, and it really sux! We are not running to be like TT, What, ST or whatever you say! Biggest problem is...ACTIVITY on site! So...if you have any ideas...?

//SD Boss :D

fOrUmAs
01-26-2008, 04:27 PM
What is the hype about SoundDamage being a great music site? It looks nice, but there's no way you're gonna find the albums you want there; there's less than 900 torrents! I don't know about everyone, but when I use a music tracker I have an album in mind already and I visit the site to download it. I don't browse the site and download whatever sounds interesting.. and that seems like the only thing you can use SoundDamage for..

i havent see any hype abouth SD at all,hype sites are iTS or Flower but not SD lol:)

they are very good tracker but they need more to me active like other music sites;)

1000possibleclaws
01-26-2008, 04:29 PM
I'd say raise the capacity, and let members upload after a certain amount of time since joining, or something of the sort. the lack of activity is because of the number of torrents... i've personally only downloaded 1 torrent so i can be seeding there, but with libble and its amazing bonus system and 11x your torrents, im never gonna check sounddamage for my music until something changes..

I'll stick with libble and STM, and use what and waffles for harder to find music..

broomhead
01-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Souddamage is great, they just need more activity. I think that they should make a system so more people can upload stuff.

Also, take a look at torrent-source.net it's made by the some of the same people from SD

Cabalo
01-26-2008, 06:30 PM
besides for a starter tracker they are disabling accounts for inactivity too fast. already lost 2 times there my account and i don't feel like register there again to lose it, just cuz i am still waiting for my kind of contents. not an interesting policy for a starting tracker, one must admit.

i'll stay at STMusic and waffles for now.

SkeLTeR
01-27-2008, 08:59 PM
besides for a starter tracker they are disabling accounts for inactivity too fast. already lost 2 times there my account and i don't feel like register there again to lose it, just cuz i am still waiting for my kind of contents. not an interesting policy for a starting tracker, one must admit.

i'll stay at STMusic and waffles for now.So tell me. Why we need accounts who hasn`t visited in SD like 5 weeks, if we can delete, and hope that it will be repleaced by some active user? :dry:

Sorry for my bad english...

1000possibleclaws
01-27-2008, 09:28 PM
if they're inactive they arn't taking up any bandwidth. what's the problem with letting them keep their account until you guys get better? i mean seriously, who is gonna find what they want in 930 torrents? nobody.

If you want more users, then raise the cap and either upload a lot of torrents yourselves, or let users upload torrents as well

SkeLTeR
01-27-2008, 09:40 PM
if they're inactive they arn't taking up any bandwidth. what's the problem with letting them keep their account until you guys get better? i mean seriously, who is gonna find what they want in 930 torrents? nobody.

If you want more users, then raise the cap and either upload a lot of torrents yourselves, or let users upload torrents as wellNow we reaching 7000 users, and deleting accounts, so other users can register, who maybe will leech and maybe will be uploaders. We hope they won`t sit in SD and do nothing...

Cabalo
01-27-2008, 11:59 PM

If you want more users, then raise the cap and either upload a lot of torrents yourselves, or let users upload torrents as wellNow we reaching 7000 users, and deleting accounts, so other users can register, who maybe will leech and maybe will be uploaders. We hope they won`t sit in SD and do nothing...
then your tracker has just failed. At this point you can't afford such a luxury.
no erections on deleting inactive users at the cradle of a tracker, just eliminating potentially good users.

good luck, you'll need it.

monk3y
01-28-2008, 12:19 AM
what hype ?

broomhead
01-28-2008, 12:49 AM
Now we reaching 7000 users, and deleting accounts, so other users can register, who maybe will leech and maybe will be uploaders. We hope they won`t sit in SD and do nothing...
then your tracker has just failed. At this point you can't afford such a luxury.
no erections on deleting inactive users at the cradle of a tracker, just eliminating potentially good users.

Potentially good users? Why keep them if they are potentially good users, but inactive users right now. We need good users now, not later.

markupmaster
01-28-2008, 04:16 AM
We need good users now, not later.

Right-o!

We need users that can upload,be active in forums,and in irc. You won't find that in a account that hasn't been touched in over a week...

;)

Cabalo
01-28-2008, 04:46 AM

Potentially good users? Why keep them if they are potentially good users, but inactive users right now. We need good users now, not later.
yeah, so kick them out, they are harming the tracker :shifty:, anyway there are better ones in the market, and people will obviously move if they are not allowed to wait.
it's your policy, i won't bother register again there so soon, and like me many others.

sokrates
01-28-2008, 10:23 AM
come on, there is always something you can download..
i cant imagine they have nothing of interest on sd^^
hm whats the hype about? - everyone wanted to stalk squirr3l :P

samahzzzzz
01-28-2008, 10:54 AM
truth is SD sucks now.
only people cheering for it is SD staff or saff friends !

but good luck in the future.

nista
01-28-2008, 12:11 PM
na i think they have some good packs there an also some relly nice techno electronic tunes!!

JorgeJr.&Ancho
01-28-2008, 01:30 PM
They're closed now. :(

The current user account limit (7,000) has been reached. Inactive accounts are pruned all the time, please check back again later...

buggyfresh
01-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Are uploads restricted? Cuz that is the only way to explode - what and waffles allowed (and still do) uploads by all users..you just can't have a music site that restricts uploads...

SkeLTeR
03-09-2008, 10:26 PM
Are uploads restricted? Cuz that is the only way to explode - what and waffles allowed (and still do) uploads by all users..you just can't have a music site that restricts uploads...If we will allow to upload everyone then tracker will be many crap stuff. We want only new stuff.

1000possibleclaws
03-10-2008, 02:25 AM
Are uploads restricted? Cuz that is the only way to explode - what and waffles allowed (and still do) uploads by all users..you just can't have a music site that restricts uploads...If we will allow to upload everyone then tracker will be many crap stuff. We want only new stuff.

there's only 500 torrents there, so im personally not even gonna bother searching through that for something i want. do you plan on growing? because your torrents have been cut in 2 since i signed up, which is a bad sign..

They're closed now. :(

The current user account limit (7,000) has been reached. Inactive accounts are pruned all the time, please check back again later...

you're not missing anything except a nice design

tjbzonasul
03-10-2008, 04:11 AM
I like SoundDamage, but I really think (and this is just my personal opinion) that they should focus more on house/ tech house.In my view, there is still need in the torrent community for a tracker focused on such styles, particularly on DJing material. If they find their niche, I am sure SD will be a hit quite soon !

DjDjazzer
03-10-2008, 09:46 PM
I'd love to see Electronic music ONLY @ SD :D

Lincoln
03-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Why does Sd's site redirect to Flimber now? If I wanted to sign up for a dating service, I would go to match or some other lame dating site. Why'd you guys sell out?

Polarbear
03-23-2008, 07:55 PM
is the site gone? can i delete it from my bookmarks?

kaffeine
03-23-2008, 08:08 PM
bummer

1000possibleclaws
03-23-2008, 08:20 PM
wow what a fucking joke of a tracker

markupmaster
03-23-2008, 08:23 PM
Oh my, How negative people can be...

:P

Do you people even know why it closed?

Staff had personal problems(including myself).

We didn't just "Give up". We had more important things to do.

;)

Cabalo
03-23-2008, 08:50 PM
i was not wrong then, that tracker wasn't going anywhere.

DjDjazzer
03-23-2008, 10:02 PM
...IF... site is back, you'll know about it! :P

SgtMajor
03-23-2008, 10:26 PM

A bit like your posts.

Actatoi
03-23-2008, 10:51 PM

A bit like your posts.

:glag:

Lincoln
03-24-2008, 12:53 AM
...IF... site is back, you'll know about it! :PDon't bother. You gave us something that was great, then threw it away for money. Flimber just proves that all you care about is making a profit. Now instead of great house and trance, people get to view ads for Playboy and non-prescription generic testosterone. Thanks, but no thanks. IF the site comes back then you can shove it. Enjoy your ad clicks.

As a matter of fact, it was probably your plan the whole time. Build a tracker, get the traffic, then launch a crappy dating service and redirect the people to get money. I wouldn't put it past you anyway, this IS the internet, and people will do anything for money...

markupmaster
03-24-2008, 01:07 AM
No We weren't for that.

If you read my earlier post..

;)

1000possibleclaws
03-24-2008, 01:40 AM
...IF... site is back, you'll know about it! :PDon't bother. You gave us something that was great, then threw it away for money. Flimber just proves that all you care about is making a profit. Now instead of great house and trance, people get to view ads for Playboy and non-prescription generic testosterone. Thanks, but no thanks. IF the site comes back then you can shove it. Enjoy your ad clicks.

As a matter of fact, it was probably your plan the whole time. Build a tracker, get the traffic, then launch a crappy dating service and redirect the people to get money. I wouldn't put it past you anyway, this IS the internet, and people will do anything for money...

the site was never good.. the design was nice, but it went downhill pretty fast and had something like 500 scene releases by the end, which is completely pointless when compared to every other music tracker. And i dont think they specialized in house and trance; sounddamage had any scene releases that the uploaders chose to up..

the flimber pms and the link are unprofessional though, and i dont get that part at all. even though your site didn't offer much, i dont see any reason for advertising a non torrent related site, and i doubt many people joined it. most were probably pissed or confused as why they were getting pms to join that place

Lincoln
04-03-2008, 12:05 AM
It seems that the tracker is back, under the reason of, "2008-03-26 - We changed host and we lost all torrents." So when moving the tracker why didn't you move the directory filled with torrent files too? Or is this just a b.s. reason you're giving us since flimber flopped horribly? Not to mention it was posted in this thread that the reason SD closed was, "Staff had personal problems(including myself)."

Why not just be honest and tell us the real reason all this happened?

markupmaster
04-03-2008, 12:13 AM
I understood that that was the reason.As far as I know no one is lying to you.

I had to quit my job as administrator for personal reasons,Squirr3l left for his own personal reasons,DJDjazzer left for personal reasons.

There aren't too many people left.

;)

We all had issues. We weren't in it for the money.

I know I wasn't. If you go to my forums or my blog you will not even see a donate option as I don't care about that. I focus on the important things.

;)

SkeLTeR
04-15-2008, 11:03 AM
So. We are back again with no ads to flimber and we have new plans. Changed some of staff people and we try to grow again. Sorry all for this shit what we done.

S3v3N
04-15-2008, 11:32 AM
So. We are back again with no ads to flimber and we have new plans. Changed some of staff people and we try to grow again. Sorry all for this shit what we done.

no problem , wish you and all the staff good luck .

SkeLTeR
04-15-2008, 07:20 PM
Thanks. Trying our best ;)

1000possibleclaws
04-15-2008, 07:30 PM
is it still a scene only music tracker? i see no niche for one with the amount of invites available for the already established VIPV2.

well if you are then good luck

SkeLTeR
04-15-2008, 07:41 PM
is it still a scene only music tracker? i see no niche for one with the amount of invites available for the already established VIPV2.

well if you are then good luck

Still scene only. And luck will we need :mellow: But we will try to grow. ;)

sNuuFix
04-16-2008, 10:44 AM
Its all about quality music and community! Lets make it better together. We will welcome everyone who helps even just leeching. :happy:

lsw0794
04-16-2008, 11:39 AM
too few leechers

1000possibleclaws
04-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Its all about quality music and community! Lets make it better together. We will welcome everyone who helps even just leeching. :happy:

and quality can only be so good if you're uploading scene rips.. they're what, 195vbr approximately? the reason i don't use VIPV2 is because of this, and scene rips are normally first up on STM anyways..

I think you guys should specialize in house music, or at least electronic music. i like your site design alot but the tracker is useless

JoBaJoBa
04-17-2008, 11:56 AM
It's monitored by the RIAA... Otherwise it's not fab...

SkeLTeR
04-19-2008, 07:22 PM

and quality can only be so good if you're uploading scene rips.. they're what, 195vbr approximately? the reason i don't use VIPV2 is because of this, and scene rips are normally first up on STM anyways..

I think you guys should specialize in house music, or at least electronic music. i like your site design alot but the tracker is useless

Will see in time if we will become a electronic music tracker...

orfik
04-20-2008, 04:12 AM
I don't remember any hype. Were you trying to type "Hope"?

1000possibleclaws
04-20-2008, 04:28 AM
I don't remember any hype. Were you trying to type "Hope"?

are you kidding? markup master was promoting his old site not just 10 minutes ago in someones music trackers thread.. sound damage has been hyped up to be something its not ever since the tracker has been online

unfortunately the hype never turned the site into anything great, but i guess they're giving it another shot, and you gotta commend them for that

orfik
04-20-2008, 05:18 AM
unfortunately the hype never turned the site into anything great, but i guess they're giving it another shot, and you gotta commend them for thatNo, you don't. Especially when you remember that the best trackers didn't get that way by waxing their own nuts.

SkeLTeR
05-21-2008, 09:03 AM
Tracker transfering to electronic music tracker...

dunson
05-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Tracker transfering to electronic music tracker...

Another one? Cool...

markupmaster
05-21-2008, 11:34 PM
are you kidding? markup master was promoting his old site not just 10 minutes ago in someones music trackers thread.. Link to that thread.. By the way,I stepped down from my staff position there months ago. I still encourage them and they will always be my friends..... I just didn't have the time anymore...

1000possibleclaws
05-22-2008, 12:29 AM
are you kidding? markup master was promoting his old site not just 10 minutes ago in someones music trackers thread.. Link to that thread.. By the way,I stepped down from my staff position there months ago. I still encourage them and they will always be my friends..... I just didn't have the time anymore...

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-music-292232-post2793788

there. don't expect me to search through your 1 month old post history again, you can do it yourself.

F33NY
05-22-2008, 12:36 AM
Around 5 albums in the hip hop section? Disappointing...

1000possibleclaws
05-22-2008, 12:37 AM
btw what are the stats for SD now that it's electronic only, and is it open reg? i googled but the tracker didn't show up in the first page of hits lol

http://www.google.com/search?q=sounddamage&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3DVFA_enCA241CA242

markupmaster
05-22-2008, 03:21 AM
In that post I suggested 4 music trackers. It's not like I'm saying SD is the best. It's kind of funny that you say we were trying too hard to get more members in SD. You seem to be trying to get them away. There is no need to post that you don't like the tracker more than once(even if it's said in a different way). Your question has been answered. This thread could be closed...

1000possibleclaws
05-22-2008, 03:58 AM
i asked how many torrent are on the tracker atm, my question wasn't answered..

anyways, I didn't start this thread with the intention of driving people away from SD. In January and a bit earlier there was lots of word going around about the tracker, and i made this post because i didn't see anything great about it and was curious to what I was missing over there. anyways, look at it now, was i wrong?

I think what drived people away was not this thread, but the fact that users had no ability to upload so the site could not grow, the site was stale and the search function pointless with the amount of torrents that were seeding, and the unprofessional pms that blatantly advertised signups to flimber, some sort of facebook clone or who knows what. And the fact that it closed down.

before you bumped this i ended the thread on the note "they're giving it another shot, and you gotta commend them for that" which is pretty positive if you ask me

RainRoofer
05-22-2008, 06:02 AM
It's hyped cuz it's r00ts are from here, you know how it goes, rarity shit then small userbase, "privileged" members can join after closing invites, they all participate in hyping it.

hugogarcia84
05-22-2008, 06:07 AM
Electronic only? I'm out!

SkeLTeR
05-24-2008, 08:27 AM
i asked how many torrent are on the tracker atm, my question wasn't answered..

anyways, I didn't start this thread with the intention of driving people away from SD. In January and a bit earlier there was lots of word going around about the tracker, and i made this post because i didn't see anything great about it and was curious to what I was missing over there. anyways, look at it now, was i wrong?

I think what drived people away was not this thread, but the fact that users had no ability to upload so the site could not grow, the site was stale and the search function pointless with the amount of torrents that were seeding, and the unprofessional pms that blatantly advertised signups to flimber, some sort of facebook clone or who knows what. And the fact that it closed down.

before you bumped this i ended the thread on the note "they're giving it another shot, and you gotta commend them for that" which is pretty positive if you ask meHow many times you will say about flimber? Yeap it was our fault but now we are tryin to correct our stupid move.
In this second we have: Torrents: 310.

0riGiNaLBoX
05-24-2008, 09:40 PM
sounddamage isn't good at all

SkeLTeR
05-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Freeleech keep to continue and now we allow all to upload...

ISashaI
05-29-2008, 11:10 AM
Nice ;)

Freeleech keep to continue and now we allow all to upload...