PDA

View Full Version : Why ask for Ratio proof?

Broken
01-27-2008, 01:02 AM
Anyone could just photoshop any ratio they wanted onto any pic they get ahold of.

IE

http://i25.tinypic.com/2cy4k8w.gif

This was done in under a minute.

Aeyen
01-27-2008, 01:20 AM
But not everyone can photoshop that well and it's pretty much obvious when someone is lying, sometimes people just do it so that they could assure someone is trustworthy.

IceTee
01-27-2008, 01:28 AM
Best thing is to ask the user's nick at another tracker so you can check it for yourself ;)

Dark Archon
01-27-2008, 01:31 AM
nowadays ratio proofs must be given on the date at the point in time, people are asked to S/S their profile instead of just the top banner so its more or less legit as you must personally be logged into the account at the point in time and take the screen shot.

t0mmy
01-27-2008, 01:38 AM
-118.29 ratio?

Broken
01-27-2008, 01:39 AM
-118.29 ratio?

A personal best for myself.

ByteKnight
01-27-2008, 02:06 AM
That picture wont fool anyone, first of all, the numbers of the fake ratio are too close and small compared to the CSS used.
Secondly, a negative ratio is impossible since the amount of downloaded and uploaded GB are both positive quantities.

Broken
01-27-2008, 02:10 AM
That picture wont fool anyone, first of all, the numbers of the fake ratio are too close and small compared to the CSS used.
Secondly, a negative ratio is impossible since the amount of downloaded and uploaded GB are both positive quantities.

I spent under a minute on that picture.
I could easily make it "perfect".

But I wouldn't even have to go that far.
I could just nab pictures of stats from any thread. It was to illustrate a point.

buggyfresh
01-27-2008, 02:11 AM
best thing is def to check on a tracker yourself - IF you have access lol!

grimms
01-27-2008, 02:12 AM
Thats why on top of getting ratio proofs you pm them on those respective trackers with questions like "What site am i suppose to be inviting you to". That's what really matters.

Broken
01-27-2008, 02:14 AM
Thats why on top of getting ratio proofs you pm them on those respective trackers with questions like "What site am i suppose to be inviting you to". That's what really matters.

That is a wise idea.
I just wonder how many people take it that far.

cocalait
01-27-2008, 02:23 AM
most people here giveaway invites to get rep points, so that in a near future they can say they are good users who help and that have good reputation.

So, they say this thing about the ratio to trick their minds, they don't really care that much who are they inviting to. They have to see a above 1.2 ratio to say "Well, I saw this guy ratio, now let's give him the invite so I get the rep point"

Of course not everybody acts like this, it would be wrong to put everybody under the same bag, but the truth is that almost everyone thinks this way.

my $.02

Rip The Jacker
01-27-2008, 02:25 AM
Here's my attempt... I think you could say it looks "perfect," except for the fact that the numbers don't make sense.

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1401/yupfa3.jpg

Yeah... unfortunately, it's easy to fake these screenshots. =/

Broken
01-27-2008, 02:29 AM
Looks good.

You went in and changed all the numbers to the same font. I thought of going back and doing it... but just for illustration, nah.

pandabear
01-27-2008, 02:31 AM
You are the worse photoshopper ever. I wouldn't be surprised if it was done in paint. Its pretty easy to pick photoshop, unless done perfect, and all you need to do it get a link to there profile if you need more proof. The ratio shot is like the first part of the consideration. Obviously before you send the invite you do your final checks.

stoi
01-27-2008, 02:33 AM
not only is it easy to fake a ratio pic, but what makes a member with a huge buffer a good user.

3 scenarios to follow.

1: They could have just got the account in a trade and it already had a huge buffer on it, and they are just using it to get higher up the ladder.

2: They might beg/borrow/steal a seedbox for a bit, get most of the upload on 1 torrent over 1-2 days, but have a history of 20 torrents where the rest of the torrents are way under a 1 ratio.

3: They might be a very careful cheat, so its really hard to spot for the tracker.

that to me is just some of the disadvantages of not only asking for ratio proof, but also trading/giving away invites.

What the best way to do it is though, i have no idea as i dont do giveaway or trade.

WarrenBuffet
01-27-2008, 02:33 AM
believe it or not, none of them look perfect. Maybe thats cuz im pretty well of with photo shop but with resizing you can see some discoloration around the numbers.

cocalait
01-27-2008, 02:35 AM
believe it or not, none of them look perfect. Maybe thats cuz im pretty well of with photo shop but with resizing you can see some discoloration around the numbers.

Everybody run, he's with the FBI :lol:

Rip The Jacker
01-27-2008, 02:46 AM
That won't help you if I was determined. That jpeg has 3% compression. I could've uploaded and posted a jpeg with absolutely no compression.

It would have no discoloration, but it'd also be like 800kb big. =/

NekohDot
01-27-2008, 02:51 AM
Theres also ways of editting without having to open photoshop/paint/any other photo editing app

http://i25.tinypic.com/qqzo90.png

sleepyy
01-27-2008, 02:55 AM
So it's quite clear you can be fooled if you have no skills in image editing i know i was .Its very good to see it being pointed out as well what can be done with tools

broomhead
01-27-2008, 02:57 AM
yea, most people aren't very good at photoshop. But that is why people usualy ask for ratio proof at that specific date and time. or if there is a search user feature on the tracker, they just ask for the username

grimms
01-27-2008, 03:11 AM

That is a wise idea.
I just wonder how many people take it that far.

Believe it or not Broken? Quite a few do. I know i got invited to a couple of very good trackers but had to go through being idenified on other sites via username and pm, to make sure i check out. Which i think is a great way to see who really is who (if that last line made any sense). Just like you said in your original post. Ratio proofs could be photoshopped, and it's sad to see people going to that height to be accepted (very deceitful of course) but thats the way it is i guess. So to make sure i'm inviting an honest good user thats what i do.

yea, most people aren't very good at photoshop. But that is why people usualy ask for ratio proof at that specific date and time. or if there is a search user feature on the tracker, they just ask for the username

I didn't understand that at first but now i see why and will start doing that as well when i do my giveaway's.

Broken
01-27-2008, 03:18 AM
Why couldn't that "specific date and time" just be edited too?

krunktastic
01-27-2008, 03:26 AM

This man poses a good point.

I have never given anything away based on ratio proofs because I think they are pointless; I am a great sharer, but my upload speed is crippled, leaving me far behind any 12 year old with a decent connection. It's for this reason that I usually ask for something clever and intelligent, or creative. It's nice to know that the person you're inviting has a solid head on their shoulders. Once I know who these people are after a couple of chats, I feel much more comfortable inviting them than if I were to do so solely on the basis of their ratios and such.

lubu
01-27-2008, 03:41 AM
I guess it is always preferable to ask for profile links through PMs after asking the user to post screen shots to verify the ratios

grimms
01-27-2008, 03:41 AM

Damn.. Broken may your right as well. You raise a terrific question. Maybe i should just do the username thing i suggested instead. I agree with Krunktastic though. If i feel comfortable with a member i will hand them an invite based on my opinion and knowledge of them (based on if i think their a good member) I have invited quite a few people to trackers through pms. I do ask for usernames though to confirm. But Broken? You raise a good question. I think i need to sit on that some more and think about it.

NekohDot
01-27-2008, 03:44 AM
Damn.. Broken may your right as well. You raise a terrific question. Maybe i should just do the username thing i suggested instead. I agree with Krunktastic though. If i feel comfortable with a member i will hand them an invite based on my opinion and knowledge of them (based on if i think their a good member) I have invited quite a few people to trackers through pms. I do ask for usernames though to confirm. But Broken? You raise a good question. I think i need to sit on that some more and think about it.

So true

i always check before giving invites to people because theres clever people out there who are always looking to scam people but you don't have to be clever to edit the source code of a page ie: what i done

grimms: i see your a reason/fruity user.I just started using reason myself

What kind of music do you make ?

Broken
01-27-2008, 03:55 AM
edit the source code of a page ie: what i done

Very clever. never even considered it.
Easiest way, no photoshop involved.

Anyone that understands what you just said, is thinking "oh shit".

grimms
01-27-2008, 04:16 AM

So true

i always check before giving invites to people because theres clever people out there who are always looking to scam people but you don't have to be clever to edit the source code of a page ie: what i done

grimms: i see your a reason/fruity user.I just started using reason myself

What kind of music do you make ?

Hip-Hop. I have a commerical cd out that i produced for my brother and a group. I also own a Production Company. I use Reason 4.0, Sound Forge 8, and FL Studio 7. I use to use Pro-Tools, MPC4000, and Korg Trition synth, but plug-ins, good sample sounds, and music editing sequencing software is all i need now. With my midi controller to trigger the sounds out of reason and fl.

I know i am.:O

prasadah
01-27-2008, 04:45 AM
nowadays ratio proofs must be given on the date at the point in time, people are asked to S/S their profile instead of just the top banner so its more or less legit as you must personally be logged into the account at the point in time and take the screen shot.
YOU cud have taken more time to reply.....even you can change the timings in phototshop

Imagine If they are cheaters.....there are cheat mods keeping their name secretly so you will never find it.... if you google....almost or more than secret as wheelmods or ftw*r.....so it is possible to cheat any where

as i already said photoshop is not rocket sicience ....it is very easy to learn the photoshop tricks...since they have INternet connection.....date and time can also be spoofed.....
also people will be using cheat mods....

pandabear
01-27-2008, 05:18 AM

:o thatts exactly what came to mind. How could i not think of that :( Never will the trust of ratios be there ever again :P

EDIT: had to have a go :P
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6631/tlck6.png

prasadah
01-27-2008, 05:28 AM

:o thatts exactly what came to mind. How could i not think of that :(
what about domain register

cocalait
01-27-2008, 05:35 AM
scammers are taking notes.

prasadah
01-27-2008, 05:40 AM
scammers are taking notes.
all scammers are experts ....scammers have notes bfore we born
:lol: :lol: :naughty:

$SnoopDo2G$
01-27-2008, 05:41 AM
Yeah the best is to ask the link to the profile with same nick as here in FST ...
but still someone can fake this out... :lol:
that's why you must becareful to who you give your invite if you care about the tracker..
but if you don't care then that's another question...

prasadah
01-27-2008, 05:42 AM

:o thatts exactly what came to mind. How could i not think of that :( Never will the trust of ratios be there ever again :P

EDIT: had to have a go :P
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6631/tlck6.png
show me the domain register

grimms
01-27-2008, 05:44 AM
Well i guess now i'll need the user profile link and the response from the pm i'll send. I value all my trackers even lowered level ones. Thanks Broken for creating this very useful thread.

prasadah
01-27-2008, 05:44 AM
Yeah the best is to ask the link to the profile with same nick as here in FST ...
but still someone can fake this out... :lol:
t...
yes you are correct they will use cheat mods

Well i guess now i'll need the user profile link and the response from the pm i'll send. I value all my trackers even lowered level ones. Thanks Broken for creating this very useful thread.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NO USE ......read my posts

grimms
01-27-2008, 05:48 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well i'll just have to make note of you then.;)

lostdemon
01-27-2008, 05:55 AM
I have been wondering this same question myself for a while now just never asked.
Glad to see so many answers along with good ideas.

prasadah
01-27-2008, 05:57 AM

Well i'll just have to make note of you then.;)
I am having multiple accounts here...........
how does it sounds.....if possible read also my above post......Mr, read this if you could understand "w3 @R3 7H3 R3@l HaCkErS aNd H@Ck3d B3F0R3 U WeRe b0rN.F00l 50m30N3 Wh0 Iz n3wLy B0Rn.w3 r3@lly h@73 gU7$
but i am just kidding....i wont cheat...if you want the proof...you will get reply from a inviter to bitme who invited me....and dont mistake me cos I am just pretending as a cheater....

I have been wondering this same question myself for a while now just never asked.
Glad to see so many answers along with good ideas.
what good ideas you got from this thread...

Rip The Jacker
01-27-2008, 06:04 AM
Theres also ways of editting without having to open photoshop/paint/any other photo editing app

http://i25.tinypic.com/qqzo90.png
Wait I'm confused. What exactly did you do? =/

EDIT: Ohhhhh... crap, I didn't even think of that. Damn.

lostdemon
01-27-2008, 06:06 AM

I thought this was pretty good

prasadah
01-27-2008, 06:11 AM

It wont work all the times because if person asks the profile link along with
screen shot????

grimms
01-27-2008, 06:14 AM

Thought so too but other members have mentioned ways yo circumvent that has well. I don't know.:huh: I'm confused. All i want to do is invite a good user and get invited by a good user. Don't want or need to be scammed, or cheated. But i guess people can photoshop their ratio proofs. I never even thought about that until this thread was made.:unsure: Now i just have to be more harsh with my giveaway rules.;)

prasadah
01-27-2008, 06:16 AM

.:unsure: Now i just have to be more harsh with my giveaway rules.;)
may i know your modified giveaway rules

grimms
01-27-2008, 06:19 AM
.:unsure: Now i just have to be more harsh with my giveaway rules.;)

I'll have to come up with some good new ones. To circumvent cheaters and traders (to the best of my ability),but i'll watch for you. Hows that?;)

prasadah
01-27-2008, 06:23 AM

I'll have to come up with some good new ones. To circumvent cheaters and traders (to the best of my ability),but i'll watch for you. Hows that?;)
if i have multiple accounts here :naughty:

stoi
01-27-2008, 06:24 AM
as far as i can see, and most are not going to like this, but dont use public forums at all.

if the tracker has an external invites thread, do it in there.

we have one that is for PU and up only, but if your a PU you cant see other PU stats, if you are an SPU you can though.

but do your giveaways there, just dont go pming the staff to check up on a potential invitee for you, we may do it once, but not if you keep asking.

grimms
01-27-2008, 06:28 AM
as far as i can see, and most are not going to like this, but dont use public forums at all.

if the tracker has an external invites thread, do it in there.

I have thought of that. But the reason why i haven't as of yet is due to all the people that have helped me out on FST. I feel like i need to give back for what i was given. I don't do public giveaway's with high level invites. I do that via pm or through a specific tracker forum section where PU's hang.:). Yea with all this ratio cheating and trading i may take this advice.

lostdemon
01-27-2008, 06:30 AM
If you have multiple accounts with alot of post in each one you must have alot to say with a whole lot of time and no life to do something like that.But hey to each his own.

grimms
01-27-2008, 06:35 AM
If you have multiple accounts with alot of post in each one you must have alot to say with a whole lot of time and no life to do something like that.But hey to each his own.

I was thinking that too, real deceptive. It urks me even more cause he's boasting about it publicly which gives me the impression that he doesn't care or respect rules (keyword impression).:dry:

Night0wl
01-27-2008, 06:36 AM
I never ask for ratio proofs. I ask for links

Let's say someone provides 3 links to trackers.

Pick one of them and PM him/her there

If no answer, no invite

Simple.. isn't it?

grimms
01-27-2008, 06:38 AM

If no answer, no invite

Simple.. isn't it?

Thats what i started doing but some members say they have a cheat bot. I don't think a cheat bot would know "Hey tell me the forum and invite i'm going to give you" will circumvent that message in a pm me though. Good advice Blue Skies. Profile links and pm's to be extra safe.

pandabear
01-27-2008, 06:39 AM
Its actually quite fun making fake ratio shots now :D
And stoi, i thought you can see any classes stats in forums. I always see the stats of people when the post there.

lostdemon
01-27-2008, 06:40 AM

If no answer, no invite

Simple.. isn't it?

Thats what I thought grimms meant which is why I said this was a good idea but yet prasadah is saying it won't work

TP635
01-27-2008, 06:44 AM
Ok guys, the next time you do a giveway; all I need to do is just give the links to my profiles...
I am good at photoshop, but never think of using it to cheat.

grimms
01-27-2008, 06:45 AM
Its actually quite fun making fake ratio shots now :D
Hmm...

@lostdemon

Thanks yes i was advised to do it that way by a couple of trusted members here.

prasadah
01-27-2008, 06:45 AM

I was thinking that too, real deceptive. It urks me even more cause he's boasting about it publicly which gives me the impression that he doesn't care or respect rules (keyword impression).:dry:
man read my posts properly i already said in my prev post ....i dont have multiple accounts...
was trying to prove that you cannot find a perfect way to catch the cheaters.....no need to spend the whole life to increase posts for different profile....consider 3 profiles...good bad and neutral.......
5 posts daily it takes around 10 mins...if you are clever enough you can replies to your posts itself...i mean mutual replies between multiple accounts...

stoi
01-27-2008, 06:46 AM
you can see their upload/dl ratio in the forums.

butif your a higher class you can see their entire torrent history as well. the idea is so a higher class member can help the lower class member out of any trouble they might have got themselves into, not to ridicule them lol

prasadah
01-27-2008, 06:56 AM

If no answer, no invite

Simple.. isn't it?

Thats what I thought grimms meant which is why I said this was a good idea but yet prasadah is saying it won't work
again and agian same replies
yes it wont work........i have a big research on cheat mods.........
impossible to catch cheaters even for sct thebox bitmetv

Broken
01-27-2008, 06:58 AM

If no answer, no invite

Simple.. isn't it?

I don't know why it wouldn't work.
Verification of the user on the other site seems sound to me. Prasadah brings up the point that cheater clients do exsit, which the trackers already know about and deal with daily. But that's really old news.

The flaw I wanted to pointed out was that screen shots are all too easily doctored - seemed as if every thread I looked at in the invite section was requesting them.
Then it was pointed out that it's not even necessary to photoshop an image - just pull up the page and edit a little code and your ratio can be whatever you want it to be.

(Do I smell a sticky??)

prasadah
01-27-2008, 07:00 AM
you can see their upload/dl ratio in the forums.

butif your a higher class you can see their entire torrent history as well. the idea is so a higher class member can help the lower class member out of any trouble they might have got themselves into, not to ridicule them lol
one thing i have to tell you if you are the real owner in BCG(no special stars)
again no use.....because bcg is not a site like sct bitmetv or thebox.....
you dont have anticheat scripts......untill you prepare a script

grimms
01-27-2008, 07:03 AM
Then it was pointed out that it's not even necessary to photoshop an image - just pull up the page and edit a little code and your ratio can be whatever you want it to be.
(Do I smell a sticky??)

Whewwwwww.. Serious? I didn't know you could even do that.:O

Broken
01-27-2008, 07:07 AM
(Do I smell a sticky??)

Whewwwwww.. Serious? I didn't know you could even do that.:O

Yea, post 29 in this thread.

Pull up the page's code, edit in the stats you want, load the edited page it into your browser.
Take a screen shot.

grimms
01-27-2008, 07:09 AM
Well? all i can do is use my best judgement with what i require in my giveaway's and hope for the best.

prasadah
01-27-2008, 07:11 AM

Verification of the user on the other site seems sound to me. Prasadah brings up the point that cheater clients do exsit, which the trackers already know about and deal with daily. But that's really old news.

The flaw I wanted to pointed out was that screen shots are all too easily doctored - seemed as if every thread I looked at in the invite section was requesting them.

(Do I smell a sticky??)
English is not my native....so i didnot understand your reply completely
are you going to say is it difficult to cheat the ratios using cheat mods????
if so here is my answer........
it is difficult to cheat only in sct iptorrents and 2 more sites that too only for time being......i dont think trackers like sct iptorrents etc have the staffs are really smart.....there are more smart people among the users...i mean technically strong people...so they update cheat mods with in few days

Broken
01-27-2008, 07:11 AM
Well? all i can do is use my best judgement with what i require in my giveaway's and hope for the best.

I'd say the best method would just be to verify the stats and the user on the site in question. But, common scene and good judgement should play a good role.

(Do I smell a sticky??)
English is not my native....so i didnot understand your reply completely
are you going to say is it difficult to cheat the ratios using cheat mods????
if so here is my answer........
it is difficult to cheat only in sct iptorrents and 2 more sites that too only for time being......i dont think trackers like sct iptorrents etc have the staffs are really smart.....there are more smart people among the users...i mean technically strong people...so they update cheat mods with in few days

What I'm saying is that there is scripts that can be run that will trick a tracker into thinking that you've uploaded ALOT more than you actually did. These are old news, they were even around "back-in-the-day" when I used torrents. Even then though, the staff at the torrent sites seemed to be able to find the cheaters fairly easily.

prasadah
01-27-2008, 07:16 AM
I'd say the best method would just be to verify the stats and the user on the site in question. But, common scene and good judgement should play a good role.
i think this is my 10th or 20th reply for the same kind of posts
but i am happy with your second half of the sentence.....ie. common scene and good judgement shud play a good role

Broken
01-27-2008, 07:20 AM
i think this is my 10th or 20th reply for the same kind of posts
but i am happy with your second half of the sentence.....ie. common scene and good judgement shud play a good role

Then I simply don't understand. You are implying that it is possible to get around verification that the user is the user with the posted stats by going to the other site? To the best of my understanding, this would require an out right hack of the site in question.

Humor me.
Put it in the simplest, most exact terms possible how....

prasadah
01-27-2008, 07:22 AM
[/quote]

What I'm saying is that there is scripts that can be run that will trick a tracker into thinking that you've uploaded ALOT more than you actually did. These are old news, they were even around "back-in-the-day" when I used torrents. Even then though, the staff at the torrent sites seemed to be able to find the cheaters fairly easily.[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

staff cannot find cheaters....I challenge .....and i wonder how do you think cheaters using the same old script from your "back-in-the-day"'s
users are more smarter than staffs according to my research....

I know how to rebuild Utorrent 1.7.6
how does it sounds???

In my simple words
I know how to rebuild utorrent 1.7.6
and there are people already using rebuilded AZuerus

Broken
01-27-2008, 07:27 AM
What I'm saying is that there is scripts that can be run that will trick a tracker into thinking that you've uploaded ALOT more than you actually did. These are old news, they were even around "back-in-the-day" when I used torrents. Even then though, the staff at the torrent sites seemed to be able to find the cheaters fairly easily.
staff cannot find cheaters....I challenge .....and i wonder how do you think cheaters using the same old script from your "back-in-the-day"'s
users are more smart than staffs according to my research....

how does it sounds???

Then it sounds like you are talking about a hacked client.
I can guarantee that sending information to the tracker that you've uploaded 100GBs, while not creating a single other seed on the swarm will throw up some flags.
I hope some people go through the logs.

But, if not, and they get away with it. Well, more power to them.
Everyone should have an eye open for that kind of stuff and report it.

lostdemon
01-27-2008, 07:27 AM
If you can do what you say then I hope you use or are using your knowledge out of torrenting and in the real world to make you some money.

grimms
01-27-2008, 07:32 AM
I would definitely report that then. Especially if that guy was in my invite tree. It's getting harder to trust people man i tell ya.

prasadah
01-27-2008, 07:36 AM
actually myself not that much technical but i said i can rebuild utorrent cos pretending people like that ......i just gave an example of rebuilded client
but there are many more methods of cheat mods
and i am 100% sure Azureus is already hacked what you call and it is rebuilded.......and that programmer fix the bugs if any one catches that hacked client...i mean he will update........
and you said every one shud have an eye and report.....its not that much easy untill they are staff at trackers..........
here is my question
is there any chance to exist a country without criminals and all criminals will be punished,
well some criminals will be punished

Sanka113
01-27-2008, 07:38 AM
What people should do is, they should have their participants load of every site they are proofing in tabs. Along with, speedtest.com'a and FST's tabs. Each proof reflects a different order of tabs. I think it'd be a pain in the ass for someone to photoshop each tab for each tracker they are proofing. Perhaps even put a time limit of how long they can post their proof from the time they make their snapshot. Unless, your a speed photoshopper, i think this process wouldn't be worth the time for a cheater.

prasadah
01-27-2008, 07:42 AM
I would definitely report that then. Especially if that guy was in my invite tree. It's getting harder to trust people man i tell ya.
eh?
this man is doubting on me from that time....not even having a single rep(i dont know if he hiding the reps) do what ever you want i mean you can report
if you have invited

Broken
01-27-2008, 07:42 AM
actually myself not that much technical but i said i can rebuild utorrent cos pretending people like that ......i just gave an example of rebuilded client
and i am 100% sure Azureus is already hacked what you call and it is rebuilded.......and that programmer fix the bugs if any one catches that hacked client...i mean he will update........

I know what you're saying, I know where to get "them" easily.
I'm saying I have to believe more people get caught than get away. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in ratios period, and... if you can, well... more power to you. But I believe it will end in a ban sooner or later.

Besides that what you're pointing out is a whole other thread.
Like I said, I wanted to put out a flaw I saw here. What happens on other sites I can't help.

prasadah
01-27-2008, 07:47 AM
What people should do is, they should have their participants load of every site they are proofing in tabs. Along with, speedtest.com'a and FST's tabs. Each proof reflects a different order of tabs. I think it'd be a pain in the ass for someone to photoshop each tab for each tracker they are proofing. Perhaps even put a time limit of how long they can post their proof from the time they make their snapshot. Unless, your a speed photoshopper, i think this process wouldn't be worth the time for a cheater.
i think this kind of post is already answered several times
photoshop is not rocketscience.....you can always keep cheated snapshots in the hard disk...you can edit there what ever you want....
again english is not my native....i hope my reply is related to your post...

I know what you're saying, I know where to get "them" easily.
I'm saying I have to believe more people get caught than get away. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in ratios period, and... if you can, well... more power to you. But I believe it will end in a ban sooner or later.

Besides that what you're pointing out is a whole other thread.
Like I said, I wanted to put out a flaw I saw here. What happens on other sites I can't help.
again I am in confusion with your reply because english is not my native....
you are saying that cheaters will be banned sooner or later.....they find one more invite....cheaters are not machine they know how to and where to cheat....and also how to find invites.....and they will create multiple accounts
hey i did not understand this portion Besides that what you're pointing out is a whole other thread.
Like I said, I wanted to put out a flaw I saw here. What happens on other sites I can't help

DKre8ive1
01-27-2008, 07:54 AM

how does it sounds???

In my simple words

Thanks for this info with comments like this I highly doubt that you will be getting an invite around here since you are basically condoning cheating on a site because you could so why should you have to share right.

I am sorry if there is a misunderstanding but your past few posts don't give me any confidence in ever filling a request you make and just realize that it only take getting caught cheating once to lose a bunch of sites if it gets reported to the BT community staff.

prasadah
01-27-2008, 07:58 AM
that is also a flaw happens here
cos they will put the photoshoped screenshot or edited scrip SS or they will provide u the ratio cheated profile link

Broken
01-27-2008, 08:05 AM
cos they will put the photoshoped screenshot or edited scrip SS or they will provide u the ratio cheated profile link

I think you are trying to make some valid points.
But you're lack of fluently in engish is really crushing those points. And due to the topic at hand, making you look like a cheater.

Besides, this thread is about doctored screens, not hacked clients. If we start going in several directions, everyone will get lost.

Neszton
01-27-2008, 08:06 AM
wow, that's nice. This is a simple, but perfect photoshop picture.

prasadah
01-27-2008, 08:16 AM

how does it sounds???

In my simple words

Thanks for this info with comments like this I highly doubt that you will be getting an invite around here since you are basically condoning cheating on a site because you could so why should you have to share right.

I am sorry if there is a misunderstanding but your past few posts don't give me any confidence in ever filling a request you make and just realize that it only take getting caught cheating once to lose a bunch of sites if it gets reported to the BT community staff.
i really need more than hour to understand your standard english....english is not my native....also read my prev posts
just to highlight points a cheater asks here invite by providing photoshped SS or ratio cheated profile link so it is impossible to find you tht who is providing real or unreal proofs.....he will also try to create multiple accs.in trackers.....
as well in FST.....with having dynamic ips.....
are you going to complaint on cheater to bt mod....if so what he can do?? bt mod will search for cheater request threads and inform to the respective trackers that he is a cheater....so if the admin of the tracker is n00b he will blindly bann him(cheater) otherwise he will check or moderate on his acc wether he is cheating or not...and defntly he will not be cheating cos cheaters never request invites openly...if they want to ask invite openly... as i already said in my prev posts he will be having 3 kind of accs ie. good bad and neutral
he will ask invite in open thread by his good account....and he will not cheat on that acc and he will wait for to become PU and he will invite himself and starts cheating from multple acc....he will ask invite by bad accounts by sending private messg....he will cheat an acc which he got invite by requesting from bad account.....as i already said there no need to spend whole life time to maintain multiple accounts......

I think you are trying to make some valid points.
But you're lack of fluently in engish is really crushing those points. And due to the topic at hand, making you look like a cheater.

Besides, this thread is about doctored screens, not hacked clients. If we start going in several directions, everyone will get lost.
I know every one get doubt on me that i am cheater.....but thats not fact and also i donot want to get certificate from people that i am honest....thats all inside me.....and you are saying Besides, this thread is about doctored screens, not hacked clients. If we start going in several directions, everyone will get lost
but you created this thread by this title Why ask for Ratio proof
that is why my answer is no need to provide screen shots cos you cant identify them....so you may get a question if you invite a trusted and old member...to answer that.... read my reply to DKre8ive1;

TP635
01-27-2008, 08:36 AM
@prasadah

Why are you pretending to write in bad English. People from your country with your kind of skill DO NOT WRITE in bad English; unless you do not want people to know the real you.

grimms
01-27-2008, 08:53 AM
@prasadah

Hes made it more then clear that he welcomes cheating. You ruined your credibility buddy. I just hope you stop posting things relating to how to cheat. It makes us all look bad. Even the good members. This thread was intended to raise the question on why you should ask for ratio proof when certain individuals could just post up fake screenshots.

prasadah
01-27-2008, 09:19 AM
nothing like that
i just wanted to give reply to people who decided that not to ask screen shots instead they shud ask profile links from trackers or sending PM.....
so my point is....... that method also dont work cos still you will invite a cheater...you can alos fake the speedtest.net you can also fake the utorrent bar etc etc..and i thnk this wud be my last reply to this thread

kp666
01-27-2008, 09:36 AM
how did u do it? :D i want a tutorial ;)

DKre8ive1
01-27-2008, 09:45 AM
I just noticed that I went off topic so let me state my view on this which is ratio proofs dont mean nothing to me since like it probably already been said it real easy to rent a box and buffer your ratios or you could do it by cheating and not getting caught.

To be honest I have never yet used them to choose who I invite and I've had a pretty high success rate with the people I invited. I mean asking them to pm you from the site they claim they are on or you sending them a pm on that site is a pretty good way to do things, but I would also suggest looking at there post history here to help you make a decision.

My motto is "Its not the quantity of members I invite its about the quality of members I invite."

pandabear
01-27-2008, 10:30 AM
This guy makea a few valid points if you take a second to understand what he is saying. He says even if you ask for the link to the profile, they will have cheated on the account, thusly producing a good ratio, which is not photoshopped.

But back to this source code editing, with php, there is some much you can do even without skill. Just run it off a editing softwares and its like using word, this really does make me wonder about these ratio shots. You could really give users bad names with this kind of techniques. Damn you Nekohdot for opening my eyes to the horrors of the torrenting world ;)

stoi
01-27-2008, 11:18 AM
The way he is talking though.

Every cheater is Einstein and every staffer on a tracker is thick as pig shit.

On BCG we do have scripts, we have a hell of a lot behind the scenes scripts going on, not all of it is auto as some things can be misconstrued as cheating, so its best for the human eye to look at those.

Now im not saying that we do not have any cheats, as that just isnt true, but if everyone on the tracker did cheat as you tend to imply then the tracker would very much be dead in the water, as no one would upload anything to anyone else.

Cheating is a problem, but i honestly dont think its as widespread as you claim it to be, you still do get very stupid cheaters who are easy to catch.

and yes i am the owner, im just not sure if i want CR (the stars) yet.

as for the pics and getting people into the tracker, its like everything in life, Do so at your own risk, if it goes pearshaped, dont come crying to the staff.

ideto
01-27-2008, 11:40 AM
People ask RatioProofs, than if they think it's a litle bit anormal, they ask URL link, and they will see if it matches.
Even if you have a positive ratio, people will be abler to check if it was possible in a few minutes, than they'll know.
And when people are smart ask Profile Prints Ratio Proofs. Like I do.

Other way, only a few are good samming in Photoshop.

prasadah
01-27-2008, 12:16 PM
The way he is talking though.

Every cheater is Einstein and every staffer on a tracker is thick as pig shit.

Now im not saying that we do not have any cheats, as that just isnt true, but if everyone on the tracker did cheat as you tend to imply then the tracker would very much be dead in the water, as no one would upload anything to anyone else.

Cheating is a problem, but i honestly dont think its as widespread as you claim it to be, you still do get very stupid cheaters who are easy to catch.

staff.
Dude I am not saying cheater is Einsten and also I know very few cheaters are there in all trackers...my point is.... there is a chance to cheat by also ratio spoofing method along with photoshop technique....thats all!!

This guy makea a few valid points if you take a second to understand what he is saying. He says even if you ask for the link to the profile, they will have cheated on the account, thusly producing a good ratio, which is not photoshopped.

;)
atleast one understood me :)

stoi
01-27-2008, 12:21 PM
What i said on the 1st page of this thread

not only is it easy to fake a ratio pic, but what makes a member with a huge buffer a good user.

3 scenarios to follow.

1: They could have just got the account in a trade and it already had a huge buffer on it, and they are just using it to get higher up the ladder.

2: They might beg/borrow/steal a seedbox for a bit, get most of the upload on 1 torrent over 1-2 days, but have a history of 20 torrents where the rest of the torrents are way under a 1 ratio.

3: They might be a very careful cheat, so its really hard to spot for the tracker.

that to me is just some of the disadvantages of not only asking for ratio proof, but also trading/giving away invites.

What the best way to do it is though, i have no idea as i dont do giveaway or trade.

so tell us something we dont know, we dont need to know that members can cheat, we already know that, but your posts were implying that it was an epidemic, which i can assure you its not, yes its a problem, but not as widespread a problem as your making it out to be.

Unless its just your lack of English that is making it come accross that way.

prasadah
01-27-2008, 12:32 PM
i am not saying its an epidemic
all of them in this thread started deciding that they shud ask account link to verify the ratio....so i said for those who use the photoshop technique will be also familiar with ratio spoofing technique....so its not wide spreaded its only in the frame of cheaters....
photoshop technique is also not epidemic

kadake
01-27-2008, 01:10 PM
all of them in this thread started deciding that they shud ask account link to verify the ratio....so i said for those who use the photoshop technique will be also familiar with ratio spoofing technique....so its not wide spreaded its only in the frame of cheaters....

i feel your frustration , i have written threads , and people read and go off on a different tangent to what you intended.

and you find your self reading the replies and screwing your face up thinking Whaaaat ?

as for your point on there being an open door to fooling people , i agree , there is if you take these screenshots as gospel.

I think with Low level trackers it don't really matter , because why would someone with photoshop skill waste there time getting low level trackers, but for more higher level , just take the screen shot as ONE piece of the puzzle to summing up who you are dealing with.

slau
01-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Speeds tests helps 2 :P

jasperr
01-27-2008, 02:32 PM
speedtests don't help any.... what do they say?? nothing.. thats what... all they prove is whether or not someone has a seedbox... cause a lot of people strive to get tests off their boxes these days... forget about real speed.. lol

so, the speedtests are absolutely false and worthless as can be..

as was said... if you really feel the need to investigate someone before giving.. ask for actual profile links..... and see'em for yourself... and thats not 100%.. only ther thing is to know the person well before giving..

other than this you don't have anyway of knowing for sure whom your giving to.. it's always a risk... hell i've been burnt by peeps i know IRL before.. so... take it for what its worth.. and use good judgement, thats all

F3n1x
01-27-2008, 04:18 PM
well after you see some prints you can ask for him profile nick in the tracker and check yourself and, ask him too for send you a pm there so its solved no liars.

giveaway could be for good users here and not ask only for ratio, buffer etc. stoi said that already too.

Vercors
01-27-2008, 04:31 PM
prasadah, you sound like you've had a go with cheating clients on quite a lot of trackers. And this has nothing to do with your english.

buggyfresh
01-27-2008, 04:39 PM
This thread should be stickied - some good ideas and thoughts...but before it descends into chaos though lol

yozshura
01-27-2008, 04:51 PM
To be honest I have never yet used them to choose who I invite and I've had a pretty high success rate with the people I invited. I mean asking them to pm you from the site they claim they are on or you sending them a pm on that site is a pretty good way to do things, but I would also suggest looking at there post history here to help you make a decision.
Errmm, that's the best way to check BUT ONLY if you have access to their tracker(s). What would you do if you can not log into their site(s) ? I think that's what the thread starter means.

prasadah
01-27-2008, 05:33 PM
well after you see some prints you can ask for him profile nick in the tracker and check yourself and, ask him too for send you a pm there so its solved no liars.

giveaway could be for good users here and not ask only for ratio, buffer etc. stoi said that already too.
oh MY gOd
WhAt kInD oF pErsON YOu are!!! :blink:
I know you did not read any other posts except 1st page's

prasadah, you sound like you've had a go with cheating clients on quite a lot of trackers. And this has nothing to do with your english.
tell some thing related to this thread....
I dont want any certificates that I am honest

i feel your frustration , i have written threads , and people read and go off on a different tangent to what you intended.

and you find your self reading the replies and screwing your face up thinking Whaaaat ?

as for your point on there being an open door to fooling people , i agree , there is if you take these screenshots as gospel.

I think with Low level trackers it don't really matter , because why would someone with photoshop skill waste there time getting low level trackers, but for more higher level , just take the screen shot as ONE piece of the puzzle to summing up who you are dealing with.
what is the point there actually?? :wacko:

krunktastic
01-27-2008, 05:54 PM
Like I said before, it's pretty easy to tell from someone's posting history and someone's personality what kind of person they will be on a tracker. Ratio proofs are redundant and unnecessary, and can, obviously, be easily faked.

WarrenBuffet
01-27-2008, 06:00 PM
lol this could be a funny picture thread.

prasadah
01-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Like I said before, it's pretty easy to tell from someone's posting history and someone's personality what kind of person they will be on a tracker. Ratio proofs are redundant and unnecessary, and can, obviously, be easily faked.
as i said already they will be having 3 accounts good bad and neutral

yes dude now i realized :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

krunktastic
01-27-2008, 06:07 PM
as i said already they will be having 3 accounts good bad and neutral

yes dude now i realized :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, but either way, things are more thorough than a quick glance. And not everyone has three accounts.

prasadah
01-27-2008, 06:26 PM
not every one has three accounts and i agree with that...
but cheaters have 3 accounts :lol::lol:

krunktastic
01-27-2008, 07:10 PM
not every one has three accounts and i agree with that...
but cheaters have 3 accounts :lol::lol:

Innocent until proven guilty imo.

Problem is, here, everyone is guilty until proven innocent.

chachinator
01-27-2008, 07:30 PM
intresting points, but couldn't you give out a username that isn't yours?

pandabear
01-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Or you could avoid all these risks and invite only people you know.

filonome
01-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Or you could avoid all these risks and invite only people you know.

true that.

pandabear
01-27-2008, 09:13 PM
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9028/rulesgt2.jpg
:D

torrentgeek
08-27-2008, 03:34 PM
found a link on from other site... seems its fake, isn't it!!!

http://tinyurl.com/6pz5l3

Felixer
08-27-2008, 04:15 PM
ask them for the profile link
then ask them to pm you from that account

Villain
08-27-2008, 04:21 PM
You shitting me right? You can see thats fake from 100 miles. Just compare ratio font and downloaded font.

aysomc
08-27-2008, 11:35 PM
i ask for links to their profiles if im going to invite anyone. anyone who really trusts screenshots just hasnt been around long enough to get screwed over by an invitee or are too stupid to learn from that.

saulin
08-28-2008, 12:24 AM
The way I used to do it is this.

I Asked for a screenshot of their client with what they are sharing, showing the uploaded/downloaded amount and the torrents. I also would look at people's post history. Of course that could also be done with photoshop but that's how I used to do it for giveaways. Of course after I got burned with BitmeTV, I stopped doing giveaways.

lukee
08-28-2008, 01:17 AM
Anyone could just photoshop any ratio they wanted onto any pic they get ahold of.

IE

yeah and it looks like shit. the ratio value has a completely different font. If anybody sent me a ratio proof like that I would make a topic about how fucking funny it is :P

Sanka113
08-28-2008, 06:36 AM
It's for people to show off their awesome photoshop skills.

invitehuntah
08-28-2008, 02:06 PM

IE

Awesome fake. I can not belive it really is a fake, very trust worthy!!!! WOW. Dude. Nice.

OTO
08-28-2008, 02:21 PM
anyone could just photoshop any ratio they wanted onto any pic they get ahold of.

Ie

this was done in under a minute.

awesome fake. I can not belive it really is a fake, very trust worthy!!!! Wow. Dude. Nice.
:d