PDA

View Full Version : help a noob: swapping clients after download...

madbeer
01-27-2008, 01:45 AM
Hey guys,

I have a simple question, and need FST expertise:

I downloaded a a torrent and completed the download (with azureus) and I now want to try to seed with a different client (transmission). I copied the folder to where transmission thinks it is but it is still trying to download the whole thing again.

Can this even be done?

sleepyy
01-27-2008, 01:54 AM
in u torrent go into

Preferences

Downloads

Where it says put new downloads in and it's ticked look at the name of that folder and put the files and the torrent file in there then add the torrent into the main window before all this turn off your client and then do it after all this is should check the files and move them to the completed downloads folder.

I just noticed it's not utorrent you're useing i guess this will still give you a rough idea though

panoli
01-27-2008, 01:55 AM
it can b done. the file has 2 b in da same folder. point da torrent 2 da folder wre da torrent is it shud say checking.

Polarbear
01-27-2008, 02:13 AM
Hey guys,

I have a simple question, and need FST expertise:

I downloaded a a torrent and completed the download (with azureus) and I now want to try to seed with a different client (transmission). I copied the folder to where transmission thinks it is but it is still trying to download the whole thing again.

Can this even be done?

i haven't used transmission in ages, but i think there's an option called recheck existing data or something.

/me toasts "point da torrent 2 da folda - Booyaka booyaka - point da torrent 2 da folda - Booyaka booyaka" :lol:

madbeer
01-27-2008, 02:25 AM
ahhh thanks guys. transmission has that option under Transfers on the task bar, and its called "verify local data". I missed it cause I thought it would be under the right click context menu or under preferences.