PDA

View Full Version : Torrent sites that don't allow sharing torrents?

1000possibleclaws
01-27-2008, 06:13 AM
Sometimes I want to share something I'm seeding on a bunch of different trackers at the same time, but then I'll need to copy and paste the file and seed each one separately, because there are some trackers that don't allow this. Could we try and come up with a list of trackers that are ok with copying other trackers announce links into your torrents, so you can share the same torrent on multiple trackers at once? as well, the ones that do not allow this.

I would like to know this mostly for sharing music, but I guess any trackers are good to know. If the thread ever gets cluttered I'll make a list in the OP of sites that allow and sites that don't

grimms
01-27-2008, 06:17 AM
Most if not all BT trackers don't like their torrent files shared. You can create your own torrent though specific to the trackers rules and upload music or other content from another file. Just don't upload a torrent file to another site. Thats cause for a ban.

1000possibleclaws
01-27-2008, 06:38 AM
so youre saying if i want to upload say The Drought 3 to waffles and also to what, ill have to have the same data for the actual album twice in my download folder? i cant upload from the same data? that's what ive been doing so far but i thought if i could upload the same album folder on different trackers I'd be willing to upload alot more.

grimms
01-27-2008, 06:41 AM
YOu can you just have to name the torrent files different like for example

Lil Waynes The Drought 3 (2008)
Lil Waynes - The Drought 3

Do your naming scheme like that. So you won't get banned. You do have to upload the data on both sites though, which means you have to create two different torrent files. Also make sure private tracker option is ticked and do different piece size like 256kb for one and none for the other.

I have stuff uploaded on both Libble, and What. I had stuff on waffles but took down cause some of it was mislabled and waffles is strict on labeling like pedro's.

pandabear
01-27-2008, 06:43 AM
What i think you are asking is, what sites let you add there announce to one big torrent to seed with. The answer is none. All they give you is a big ban for cheating. Because it looks to them like you are getting data from nowbere, when you are getting it from the other sites peers.

1000possibleclaws
01-27-2008, 07:00 AM
oh ok thanks for clearing things up. i think i understand now.i can upload the same data on multiple servers but i need to create a new torrent for each tracker

Dark Archon
01-27-2008, 07:17 AM
oh ok thanks for clearing things up. i think i understand now.i can upload the same data on multiple servers but i need to create a new torrent for each tracker

thanks for clarifying that up for me as well. cheers :D

grimms
01-27-2008, 07:21 AM

Correct. You just can't use the same announce. You'll get instantly banned from any tracker doing that!

dunson
01-27-2008, 02:24 PM
The common misconception here lies in the use of the word torrent to mean generally what you're downloading and specifically the metadata file. Rules & FAQs don't really make this clear by simply using the word torrent with something like this, "Do not upload our torrents to other trackers!".

messi30
01-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Only some but you have to ask before doing to the staff, for ex Hdbits.org with bit-HDTV

buggyfresh
01-27-2008, 05:34 PM
the biggest thing is you don't want to give away the torrent outside the tracker or ppl from outside will connect using YOUR private passkey for that tracker and damge your ratio!
I see new torrenters get caught by that wording all the time :) torrent vs downloaded files! De nada - we all had to learn starting somewhere