PDA

View Full Version : Cheerleaders at invite section

kayvanblue
01-27-2008, 12:33 PM
seems like we have got a lot of cheerleaders at invite section lately ! they start as soon as someone request a FTN or sct invite like this: " you deserve it" , "good luck m8", " i wish you get it soon"............. why would you cheer for someone else by spamming their tread and not helping them!? how much more useless replies?
:frusty::frusty::frusty:

fOrUmAs
01-27-2008, 12:40 PM
seems like we have got a lot of cheerleaders at invite section lately ! they start as soon as someone request a FTN or sct invite like this: " you deserve it" , "good luck m8", " i wish you get it soon"............. why would you cheer for someone else by spamming their tread and not helping them!? how much more useless replies?

yea i know what u mean,but this is nothing new its happening all day and it will happend all time time since staff here havent dont much to prevent that good luck and other BS..

Spam Posting
DO NOT post "good luck", "nice giveaway" or similar repeatedly.
DO NOT repeatedly spam threads with content-less posts.
Members posting spam will receive infractions.

monk3y
01-27-2008, 12:42 PM
Forumas is right, it's written in the rules but no staff is forcing this rule.

Polarbear
01-27-2008, 12:55 PM

they actually don't mean what they write. it's just a senseless flowery phrase.

most of them don't care if the requester gets the invite or not.

they do it to get the attention of possible inviters and to bring their postcount up, because they are looking for those trackers themselves.

if they really wanted to wish good luck to a friend, they would not post it in every random thread.

"good luck" means "hello, i'm here too and i'm looking for the same invite".

Hrvoje
01-27-2008, 12:56 PM
who cares lock

spark
01-27-2008, 12:58 PM
I used to report them till the staff asked me to stop it!

mrnobody
01-27-2008, 01:04 PM
Spam Posting
DO NOT post "good luck", "nice giveaway" or similar repeatedly.
DO NOT repeatedly spam threads with content-less posts.
Members posting spam will receive infractions.Posting "good luck", "nice giveaway" or similar once or twice is fine but repeatedly is a no-no.

Yes, FST bittorrent staffer do warn people...coz i know i had one...probably someone reported me :huh:

so u are the one who reported me huh? :P

spark
01-27-2008, 01:08 PM
:huh:

Even when people here used to call you a spammer but you never posted such sh*t! and that's why I never reported you.

mrnobody
01-27-2008, 01:12 PM
:huh:

Even when people here used to call you a spammer but you never posted such sh*t! and that's why I never reported you.

was kidding ; )

spark
01-27-2008, 01:14 PM
was kidding ; )

I know, I was just trying to motivate you in order to spam more :lol:

viva4google
01-27-2008, 01:22 PM
was kidding ; )

even this thread turned into a spamming one :frusty:

spark
01-27-2008, 01:24 PM

If spark&squirr3l are here what do you expect? :fst:

monk3y
01-27-2008, 01:25 PM
anybody caught reporting our friend the squirel will be handled in unpleasant methods.

dinko
01-27-2008, 02:46 PM

If spark&squirr3l are here what do you expect? :fst:

say no to piracy oops spammcy :whistling

Something Else
01-27-2008, 03:15 PM
Anyone posting anything like 'good luck' etc.....should get an auto infraction. They are all cawks after all.

DyNast
01-27-2008, 03:23 PM
Noticed that long ago...
Isn't it obvious? as it has already been said here, they want to have their posts count up...
I still don't know why the staff doesn't really do anything about that, although it's forbidden by the rules

FatBob
01-27-2008, 03:24 PM
i guess they post useless stuffs inorder to get their post cunt high

but i found a solution to all your spamming needs ,

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-funny-stuff-11/t-count-all-my-dingleberries-15000-270952

:01:

DyNast
01-27-2008, 03:31 PM

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-funny-stuff-11/t-count-all-my-dingleberries-15000-270952

No, I think THIS (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-lounge-10/) is the solution for all of the spamming needs :D

mrnobody
01-27-2008, 03:31 PM

u can get ur post up but people will barely notice u :lol: and probably the purpose of excessive spamming is being an attention whore? :huh: ...and not many from Bittorrent section visit there :P

Polarbear
01-27-2008, 03:41 PM

you mean it's all about drugging female mail carriers? :huh:

fOrUmAs
01-27-2008, 03:45 PM

yea i remember when Detale said that u have reported many spamm and u have doing the same thing so that i why Detale said that to u:P

spark
01-27-2008, 03:54 PM

yea i remember when Detale said that u have reported many spamm and u have doing the same thing so that i why Detale said that to u:P

Your memory is not bad since you remember the post even when Detale was not the poster! So I think you remember when I told you that you're brainless? right?

Well I'm saying it again just to refresh your memory..

It was not Detale Mr. Brainless it was J.A and the whole thing is none of your business!

I never discussed this thing in public and I will not discuss it!

kayvanblue
01-27-2008, 05:27 PM
I think that would be a great idea if FST Admins give us the option to judge on credibility of new threads or even users and their statements by putting up a "thumbs up or thumbs down" system and when a user get an excessive amount of "thumbs down" Admins can go ahead and take some action to stop that user!!? what do you people think about this? of course this might trigger some sort of abuses as well!!

fOrUmAs
01-27-2008, 05:34 PM

Your memory is not bad since you remember the post even when Detale was not the poster! So I think you remember when I told you that you're brainless? right?

Well I'm saying it again just to refresh your memory..

It was not Detale Mr. Brainless it was J.A and the whole thing is none of your business!

I never discussed this thing in public and I will not discuss it!

ok..my mistake if it wasnt Detale but it was someone from staff anyway,

and sorry if i hurt your feelings :lol:

but also im not suprise why they tell u to stop ;)

Brainless?? lol..nice:w00t:

puckface
01-27-2008, 05:47 PM
good luck

mrnobody
01-27-2008, 05:47 PM
I think that would be a great idea if FST Admins give us the option to judge on credibility of new threads or even users and their statements by putting up a "thumbs up or thumbs down" system and when a user get an excessive amount of "thumbs down" Admins can go ahead and take some action to stop that user!!? what do you people think about this? of course this might trigger some sort of abuses as well!!

this isn't yahoo answers m8 :P

everyone has right to their opinion

good luck

:lol:

spark
01-27-2008, 05:48 PM
ok..my mistake if it wasnt Detale but it was someone from staff anyway,

No! He was not a staff member...

DefX
01-27-2008, 05:49 PM
Moderating every "good luck", "great giveaway", "I hope you get it", "+1", etc post is like police pulling over every vehicle that has dark window tints. Simply put, our manpower can better be spent on less trivial matters.

From now on, we only urge members to report those who are chronic spammers who infect this forum like a malignant tumor. If we judge that a member is just that, we can easily delete all his spam posts with a few clicks of the mouse and we have done just that on a few occasions. This is better than a report for every spam post.

krunktastic
01-27-2008, 05:50 PM

Squrrel, I dont know why you think this is "Yahoo answers" material, as this is done on hundreds of other sites that get major amounts of spam.

I think this would not only seriously cut down on the spam that is posted, but allow people to more easily filter through the absolutely ridiculous posts people make. When I want to see how people respond to my thread, I don't want to have a hundred people beforehand spamming my thread. I think this is a good idea, although it would probably take a lot of time before it becomes implemented. Good work.

mrnobody
01-27-2008, 06:00 PM
Moderating every "good luck", "great giveaway", "I hope you get it", "+1", etc post is like police pulling over every vehicle that has dark window tints. Simply put, our manpower can better be spent on less trivial matters.

From now on, we only urge members to report those who are chronic spammers who infect this forum like a malignant tumor. If we judge that a member is just that, we can easily delete all his spam posts with a few clicks of the mouse and we have done just that on a few occasions. This is better than a report for every spam post.

word :)

peat moss
01-27-2008, 06:14 PM
If I had the means I'd move them all to the lounge . I know I'v been guilty of wishing someone luck or thanking the O/P . Fuck me soon people wont be able to say thank you .

DefX
01-27-2008, 06:18 PM
Peat, there's a world of difference between genuinely thanking or wishing someone good luck and blatantly posting repetitive trash to increase your post count. That's why it was left to us to determine which is which.

WarrenBuffet
01-27-2008, 06:20 PM
In the beginning I did spam... a little, but only so I could only have more PM space. Now, I enjoy perusing through these threads.

peat moss
01-27-2008, 06:45 PM
Peat, there's a world of difference between genuinely thanking or wishing someone good luck and blatantly posting repetitive trash to increase your post count. That's why it was left to us to determine which is which.

I know and my point about about moving to the lounge was a joke as they don't need the clutter either . I always read the free invites and like to stroke the idea behind it . Hey that just sounds wrong . :ermm:

This section must be the hardest to moderate and you guys do a pretty good job . :yup:

pandabear
01-27-2008, 08:25 PM
But surely by spamming they bump the thread up, which is partly why people may do it. But at the same time it makes it impossible to get real information from it. Reminds me alot of torrent comments, with all the thank yous making it hard to find the good comments.

Sanka113
01-28-2008, 01:38 AM
Go team go! Oh yeah, good luck!

grimms
01-28-2008, 02:16 AM
I been guilty of saying good luck to people as well and mean it. I sometimes feel like the experienced members on many forums tend to be too harsh to noobs sometimes, not even giving them a fair chance. Of course unless their attitude or approach off then they need a harsh lession right away. But i have noticed how "good luck" or "nice giveaway" is being more frowned upon so i decreased my habit of doing that. But i also see it as a way to encourage good users who make good giveaway's and friends to continue to do what they do and that there is still hope for their request to be filled. But if it is blatant then i can see why many regard it as just spam.

vinhkhang01
01-28-2008, 07:47 AM
I totally agree with you.

SAM
01-28-2008, 08:08 AM

GOOD LUCK M8 :lol:
I WISH YOU GET IT :)
WE SHOULD MAKE A SOCIAL GROUP FOR THOSE cheerleaders BUT ANY ONE CAN CONFIRM IF THEY HAVE BOOBS , PLZ ?:cry:

Detale
01-28-2008, 08:49 AM

Actually I never told anyone not to use the report section, I'd rather that than anything else. Sure it can become tedious but rules are rules. Is there anything else I said?

Spam in this section tends to be let go a bit more because of the community feel we like to see here, it also helps members to get to know each other better. Now I'm not saying everyone post "Good luck" or "nice giveaway" all over the board, as I understand it there was a time here when there were 4 pages of Bull5hit before a post with some content would show up and thats why the No Spam rule was put into place. I mean really now this whole thread is basically spam. But keep it cool and don't try to pad your stats like Sear and PolarBear do their underwear and you'll be OK

vergo
01-28-2008, 09:46 AM
argh triple post.

vergo
01-28-2008, 09:48 AM
argh triple post.

vergo
01-28-2008, 09:48 AM
you deserve to get those cheerleaders
good luck m8
i wish you get those cheerleaders soon :boxing:

sear
01-28-2008, 04:21 PM
ut keep it cool and don't try to pad your stats like Sear and PolarBear do their underwear and you'll be OK

:angry: are you trying to say I just want to boost my post cunt :shifty:

EDIT:

I'll give a serious reply since this is a thread about spam. At the moment as far as I can see there are a couple of members that are taking the spam to new levels. The good lucks and whatever I just ignore because they're just in invite threads which I have nothing to do with so whatever. But it seems to me that there is more and more useless spam all over the board and it's a big turn off from posting. Sometimes even when I'm interested in the topic I can't be fucked with it because of the 50-60 posts by the same people just talking absolute shit. Within reason I don't see a problem with it but it can definitely get out of hand.

KFlint
01-28-2008, 05:36 PM
ut keep it cool and don't try to pad your stats like Sear and PolarBear do their underwear and you'll be OK

He's just saying you are using pads in your underwear to prevent leakage from your slacked backend :P

it's my interpretation at least hahaha

On a more serious note, i try to watch some request / trade threads every day, so infraction are given from invite spam, don't be mistaken

sear
01-28-2008, 08:06 PM

He's just saying you are using pads in your underwear to prevent leakage from your slacked backend :P

it's my interpretation at least hahaha

Unfair you and detale are ganging up on me bloody authorities always trying to kick a guy when he's down. What business is it of yours if my back-end is so horribly weak from years of penetration I can't keep anything in :swear:

Besides that's the most blatant piece of spam I've ever seen...you'll have to give yourself an infraction now :spam:

EDIT:

back on topic...it's a tough call as to what's spam or not, and which spam is ok and which needs dealing with. It kind of walks a fine line. Some spam can be annoying and frustrating while in other cases it makes you piss yourself laughing. It's really quite a personal decision...Use your powers wisely oh mod one ;)

sleepyy
01-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Just report what you don't like if it's the thread you created then it's more than likely to be removed if it's resonable enough to be called spam. New people who come here just learn from those around them and tend to move in what ever direction they feel if it is continuously reported and certain users are made an example of then things will change due to other people may not want to run that same risk. i can't see this being a problem if people would only click the read button instead of crying about what they don't like.

I don't like it on a large scale i could point fingers but whats the point i see one person here wish 5/6 different giveaway threads with good luck amazing awsome in a matter of minutes that's spam considering he does not know any of these people at all. In an iota i find it no problem and just notice it as a nice and meaningful gesture that somebody cares but to build their post count or for whatever reason it is go to the bloody lounge and count the dingleberrys or have some fun there with the people there its not just post counts obviously.

KFlint
01-29-2008, 03:35 AM
Unfair you and detale are ganging up on me bloody authorities always trying to kick a guy when he's down. What business is it of yours if my back-end is so horribly weak from years of penetration I can't keep anything in :swear:

on the bright side, no more struggling on the toilet :pinch::pinch::pinch: anymore, woot!!

Besides that's the most blatant piece of spam I've ever seen...you'll have to give yourself an infraction now :spam:

i will just send me a pm to warn me, first offence :whistling

f@flot
01-29-2008, 03:14 PM
I fully agree,spam here is a bad phenomenon and should be handled
highhandedly.