PDA

View Full Version : How long have u been here?

mrnobody
01-27-2008, 03:36 PM
it seems many who participate in Lounge are old member (at least compared to bt section lol)...so i was curious.... how long have u been here? :ermm:

Something Else
01-27-2008, 03:41 PM
See Join date. :dabs:

SAM
01-27-2008, 03:42 PM
you mean in the lounge?
i guess some of them are here since the French revolution .

Hairbautt
01-27-2008, 03:47 PM
Since it was the Kazaa board.

SAM
01-27-2008, 03:50 PM
dam it, i know it
we have a caveman here

weenden
01-27-2008, 03:51 PM
about a year i was on kazaa when i first got on my comp 7 or 8 years was prob a member back then but let it lapse caus i didnt see any benifit for it ...what a mistake im such a dooooh!

mrnobody
01-27-2008, 06:03 PM
See Join date. :dabs:

wasn't looking for date :P

may be i should have been clear

was expecting something like...

quite old that is

about a year i was on kazaa when i first got on my comp 7 or 8 years was prob a member back then but let it lapse caus i didnt see any benifit for it ...what a mistake im such a dooooh!

;)

snowultra
01-27-2008, 06:40 PM
just got here, and you?

thebazzla
01-27-2008, 08:45 PM
i have been here 3 very long days:happy:

peat moss
01-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Too long . Gad I look at my join date and think what a looszer . :pinch:

manker
01-27-2008, 08:54 PM
Don't you like it here?

peat moss
01-27-2008, 08:58 PM
Don't you like it here?

Oh course I do , I just though I'd never be here that long .

manker
01-27-2008, 09:06 PM
Don't you like it here?

Ah, right.
Just that your initial post was an odd way to express it.

Hairbautt
01-27-2008, 09:08 PM
That's what I think too.

:shifty:

WarrenBuffet
01-27-2008, 09:14 PM
it seems many who participate in Lounge are old member (at least compared to bt section lol)...so i was curious.... how long have u been here? :ermm:

I realized that too. Lounge is for the "retired" bt traders lol.

Hairbautt
01-27-2008, 09:16 PM

:mellow: No. No, it's not.

manker
01-27-2008, 09:18 PM

Nah, it's for the people who are clever enough to realise they can get everything they need to download from one or two BT sites or prefer usenet anyway lol

Hairbautt
01-27-2008, 09:19 PM
lol

thebazzla
01-27-2008, 09:21 PM

I realized that too. Lounge is for the "retired" bt traders lol.:huh:never traded a site in all my time here :)

FatBob
01-27-2008, 09:25 PM
too young to experience the old classic stars :dabs:

peat moss
01-27-2008, 09:27 PM
Ah, right.
Just that your initial post was an odd way to express it.

Well I'm more into reading about Software and thats what brought me here , just can't find a better site than this and believe I tried . After awhile you discover the Movie or Hardware section and your hooked . :happy:

Smith
01-27-2008, 09:32 PM
Long enough lol.

peat moss
01-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Nah, it's for the people who are clever enough to realise they can get everything they need to download from one or two BT sites or prefer usenet anyway lol

:lol: I think I got my first invite from a lounge lizard , and remember this was way before the Bitorrent section . Think it was Zed or some kind soul , never forgot it .

I think thats the only problem with the Bitorrent invasion I have , they don't like to step out of their comfort zone . The lounge does n't talk about software problems or whats a good book or movie here in the lounge , they post in the section that supports it .

Sorry for droning on but just my thoughts . :dabs:

manker
01-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Drone on as much as you like, Peat. Absolutely no problem at all - you're completely wrong, tho' :lol:

Most folk who mainly post in the lounge hardly ever post other stuff in the relevant sections 'cos they want to talk about their software problem/the movie they watched/defective HD with people that they usually talk to.

Which reminds me, I need an excellent wireless mouse and keyboard. I don't care if it's expensive, I just want it to work properly.
I'm going to use my PC as the main media centre for my living room, plug it into the telly, like. So I'll need them in lieu of a remote control.

Any recommendations?

Proper Bo
01-27-2008, 10:21 PM
I realized that too. Lounge is for the "retired" bt traders lol.:huh:never traded a site in all my time here :)

Ewe need to remember that the bittards think the whole internets revolves around torrents tho' and that this forum was created solely for them to get invites to sites. It didn't exist before the invite section as far as they're aware.

Proper Bo
01-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Drone on as much as you like, Peat. Absolutely no problem at all - you're completely wrong, tho' :lol:

Most folk who mainly post in the lounge hardly ever post other stuff in the relevant sections 'cos they want to talk about their software problem/the movie they watched/defective HD with people that they usually talk to.

Which reminds me, I need an excellent wireless mouse and keyboard. I don't care if it's expensive, I just want it to work properly.
I'm going to use my PC as the main media centre for my living room, plug it into the telly, like. So I'll need them in lieu of a remote control.

Any recommendations?

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/125008

I've got the older, cheaper version (was loiyke £50) and both the keyboard and mouse wurk fine for me, like.

manker
01-27-2008, 10:37 PM
£147.04 :emo:
Thanks, tho' :emo:

Maybe I was a little hasty with the 'I don't care if it's expensive' comment. I plainly do.

Does your older cheaper version work from across the other side of the room, like - also have you dropped it and found that it still wurks?

Squeamous
01-27-2008, 10:40 PM
I'm here because Biggles told me this board was in desperate need of someone with my charm, wit and grasp of the human condition, and I can never turn a man down when he's on his knees.

Proper Bo
01-27-2008, 10:43 PM

Maybe I was a little hasty with the 'I don't care if it's expensive' comment. I plainly do.

Does your older cheaper version work from across the other side of the room, like - also have you dropped it and found that it still wurks?

mine aren't bluetooth, like, so they don't work properly from the other side of the room (this room is huge tho'). They wurk fine upto about 10-15ft away, like.

A bluetooth one should work fine from pretty much anywhere in your house tho' cause the range is loiyke 20 metres or something else.

S!X
01-27-2008, 10:47 PM

You're not the only one :fst:

MediaSlayer
01-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Any recommendations?

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=61561

I'd download Movix .83 and add the dss library .rpm file so Movix can read unencrypted dvd's(u need winiso to change the .iso).

Then once you burn the .iso boot from cd and use the install.pl script to put movix on your harddrive. You can navigate your media quite easily, with no mouse. So you only need a wireless keyboard, unless you just prefer to have a mouse.

If you're computer supports booting from usb, you can do that(boot movix from usb) and save yourself the hassle of making the fat16 partition for Movix. It works just as well as booting from cd, when you want to boot windows just remove the usb jump drive and voila!

Mr JP Fugley
01-27-2008, 10:49 PM
Think it was Zed or some kind soul , never forgot it

I come here to read stuff like that. It makes my heart singh.

MediaSlayer
I'm here because Biggles told me this board was in desperate need of someone with my charm, wit and grasp of the human condition, and I can never turn a man down when he's on his knees.

biggles got on his knees?

PICS!!

Proper Bo
Any recommendations?

I'd download Movix .83 and add the dss library .rpm file so Movix can read unencrypted dvd's(u need winiso to change the .iso).

Then once you burn the .iso boot from cd and use the install.pl script to put movix on your harddrive. You can navigate your media quite easily, with no mouse. So you only need a wireless keyboard, unless you just prefer to have a mouse.

If you're computer supports booting from usb, you can do that(boot movix from usb) and save yourself the hassle of making the fat16 partition for Movix. It works just as well as booting from cd, when you want to boot windows just remove the usb jump drive and voila!

that's not a keyboard and mouse, like.

manker

mine aren't bluetooth, like, so they don't work properly from the other side of the room (this room is huge tho'). They wurk fine upto about 10-15ft away, like.

A bluetooth one should work fine from pretty much anywhere in your house tho' cause the range is loiyke 20 metres or something else.
Ahh, didn't know bluetooth keyboards even existed, noice one. They sound like what I need.

I think this one: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/118547
Or this one: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/94460
Or something else.

Mr JP Fugley
01-27-2008, 10:50 PM
Any recommendations?

Computer blah blah.

Proper Bo
01-27-2008, 10:51 PM

Ahh, didn't know bluetooth keyboards even existed, noice one. They sound like what I need.

I think this one: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/118547
Or this one: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/94460
Or something else.

either of those would do what you want, like, cheaper ones probably would too.

MediaSlayer
01-27-2008, 10:52 PM
sorry i thought i was in nerdworld for a minnit there

manker
01-27-2008, 10:53 PM
Any recommendations?

Cheers, just trying to keep it as simple as possible tho'.

My set-up works fine now as it is, wrt watching suff direct off the PC via the telly. I just gotta keep going back and forth the PC to change what I'm watching.

manker
01-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Oh yeah, I've also got to sort it so that my PC has the telly and the monitor running off it so I don't have to keep switching the blue cable twixt the two. Might need a bit of hardware, like, as from memory, I think I've only got one blue port at the back of my computer.

Sorry if that's a bit technical.

Proper Bo
01-27-2008, 10:57 PM

My set-up works fine now as it is, wrt watching suff direct off the PC via the telly. I just gotta keep going back and forth the PC to change what I'm watching.

if it's just for changing fillums and stuff, ewe could get a bluetooth remote control thing. My brother bought one off ebay and it uses loiyke gyroscopic tilt sensor things in it to detect movement and that moves the cursor. Ewe could use it instead of a mouse or do something else.

Proper Bo
01-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Oh yeah, I've also got to sort it so that my PC has the telly and the monitor running off it so I don't have to keep switching the blue cable twixt the two. Might need a bit of hardware, like, as from memory, I think I've only got one blue port at the back of my computer.

That all depends on what other outputs your pc has and what inputs your tellybox has. Loiyke I've got my lcd tellybox (55":smilie4:) connected thro' hdmi and my monitor connected thro' vga (the blue port) and another telly (old style standard def one) connected thro' s-video.

manker
01-27-2008, 11:00 PM

if it's just for changing fillums and stuff, ewe could get a bluetooth remote control thing. My brother bought one off ebay and it uses loiyke gyroscopic tilt sensor things in it to detect movement and that moves the cursor. Ewe could use it instead of a mouse or do something else.
It's cos I want to use the telly as a monitor as well tho'. When I've got the house to myself. Lying on the settee posting pish >*. Prolly.

Hardly ever get the house to myself, but :dabs:

manker
01-27-2008, 11:02 PM

That all depends on what other outputs your pc has and what inputs your tellybox has. Loiyke I've got my lcd tellybox (55":smilie4:) connected thro' hmdi and my monitor connected thro' vga (the blue port) and another telly (old style standard def one) connected thro' s-video.
When I go home, I'll take a pic of the back of my PC and post it tomorrow :smilie4:
It says hmdi on the outside of the TV. Maybe I'll look at the back of it too.

55" telly, fuck's sake :lol: when did you get that?
Is it nicked, like.

Proper Bo
01-27-2008, 11:06 PM
That all depends on what other outputs your pc has and what inputs your tellybox has. Loiyke I've got my lcd tellybox (55":smilie4:) connected thro' hmdi and my monitor connected thro' vga (the blue port) and another telly (old style standard def one) connected thro' s-video.
When I go home, I'll take a pic of the back of my PC and post it tomorrow :smilie4:

Is it nicked, like.

My brother bought it about 6 months ago then decided he wanted the 70" model. He couldn't be arsed to try and sell the 55" one so I offered him £600 for it along with his xbawx 360:smilie4:

bought it off him last month like, still owe him some of the £600 but I paid for most of it by getting monies for my 21st birthmas instead of any presents.

MediaSlayer
01-27-2008, 11:06 PM
found something (http://www.starkelectronic.com/pevga.htm), don't know if it supports 15 pin vga, tho.

http://www.starkelectronic.com/tkhdmi21.jpg

Mr JP Fugley
01-27-2008, 11:07 PM

Is it nicked, like.

The free microwave for his Mam clinched the deal.

manker
01-27-2008, 11:08 PM
found something (http://www.starkelectronic.com/pevga.htm), don't know if it supports 15 pin vga, tho.

http://www.starkelectronic.com/tkhdmi21.jpg
A two way adapter, if that's what it is, would pretty much sort it for me.
I've got a few spare vga cords.

MediaSlayer
01-27-2008, 11:10 PM
oh no, sorry that looks like a toggle adapter.

manker
01-27-2008, 11:10 PM

Is it nicked, like.

My brother bought it about 6 months ago then decided he wanted the 70" model. He couldn't be arsed to try and sell the 55" one so I offered him £600 for it along with his xbawx 360:smilie4:

bought it off him last month like, still owe him some of the £600 but I paid for most of it by getting monies for my 21st birthmas instead of any presents.
I paid more than that for my telly, which is 13" smaller :emo:
Brothers with too much money >*

Proper Bo
01-27-2008, 11:15 PM

I paid more than that for my telly, which is 13" smaller :emo:
Brothers with too much money >*

Watching tombstone on bbc1, innit.
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4314/image00017es3.jpg
The monitor on the left is 15", like.

Mr JP Fugley
01-27-2008, 11:16 PM
How big does a room need to be for a 70'' fucking TV.

Proper Bo
01-27-2008, 11:20 PM
How big does a room need to be for a 70'' fucking TV.

He's got the smallest room in the house:lol:

The tellybox i've got was even too big for his room, ewe couldn't get far away enough from the screen to watch it properly:pinch:

edit: according to the internets (http://myhometheater.homestead.com/viewingdistancecalculator.html), ewe should be sitting 7.8feet away.

manker
01-27-2008, 11:24 PM
Hawt stuff.

How much does a new 70" telly cost? That's gotta be as big as the 'big' canvas projector screens in pubs around here you watch the footie on, like.

Proper Bo
01-27-2008, 11:28 PM
Hawt stuff.

How much does a new 70" telly cost? That's gotta be as big as the 'big' canvas projector screens in pubs around here you watch the footie on, like.

It's a rear projection lcd (which makes it about 14" deep) so it's a hell of a lot cheaper than the wall mountable ones even tho' it's better picture quality.

I think he paid about £1200 for it, i'm not sure, he nerds about reading avforums to find cheap deals:unsure:

Mr JP Fugley
01-27-2008, 11:28 PM
Hawt stuff.

Why, you'd have to be a mental to buy one.

Mr JP Fugley
01-27-2008, 11:30 PM
Hawt stuff.

It's a rear projection lcd

What the fuck is a rear projection LCD.

Proper Bo
01-27-2008, 11:31 PM
I just had a quick look and the cheapest price I can find the one he bought is £3860.

manker
01-27-2008, 11:35 PM
Hawt stuff.

Just curious, like. People (clients) always ask me how much stuff costs, they'll phone me up to find out how much a certain car costs, for example. I hardly ever never know so usually put them on hold to look at autotrader.

Now if a pub landlord asks how much a 70" telly costs, I'll tell him that a rear projected lcd could well be as cheap as 1200 of he's willing to nerd around on avforums.
Then I'll send him an invoice.

Proper Bo
01-27-2008, 11:36 PM
It's a rear projection lcd

What the fuck is a rear projection LCD.

LCD projection works like a slide show by directing light through a silicone chip and then magnifying it for projection.

Mine's a fancier version with three chips tho' so it's better:smilie4:

Proper Bo
01-27-2008, 11:38 PM
Just curious, like. People (clients) always ask me how much stuff costs, they'll phone me up to find out how much a certain car costs, for example. I hardly ever never know so usually put them on hold to look at autotrader.

Now if a pub landlord asks how much a 70" telly costs, I'll tell him that a rear projected lcd could well be as cheap as 1200 of he's willing to nerd around on avforums.

Where's my Turkey t-shirt?

Mr JP Fugley
01-27-2008, 11:39 PM

Why the fuck would clients ask you how much a car costs. Or a TV or anything else.

manker
01-27-2008, 11:43 PM

Why the fuck would clients ask you how much a car costs. Or a TV or anything else.
They just do. Frequently. It's probably because I tell them to call if they're planning any major purchases.
Or maybe they don't have the internets or something else.

manker
01-27-2008, 11:45 PM

Where's my Turkey t-shirt?
By the side of my desk.
PM me your address again and I'll send it, like.

Mr JP Fugley
01-27-2008, 11:46 PM
They just do. Frequently. It's probably because I tell them to call if they're planning any major purchases.

They must know that's to discuss their plans tho' and how it may impact on their tax position and stuff. Rather than seeking your advice on what TV to buy.

Unless all of your clients are actually befuddled relatives.

manker
01-28-2008, 12:10 AM

They must know that's to discuss their plans tho' and how it may impact on their tax position and stuff. Rather than seeking your advice on what TV to buy.

I suppose it depends on stuff.

Obviously they'd know it has to do with their tax management but I suppose they don't see the harm in asking if I think what they plan to buy is a good deal or if I know of a better one.

Now I'm thinking about it, I could set up a life consultancy facility and offer people unlimited advice on stuff for a fixed fee. And then post their questions here.

Mr JP Fugley
01-28-2008, 12:24 AM

Now I'm thinking about it, I could set up a life consultancy facility and offer people unlimited advice on stuff for a fixed fee. And then post their questions here.

You know it makes sence. There's people who know stuff here.

ZaZu
01-28-2008, 12:27 AM
Ditto...:)

manker
01-28-2008, 12:38 AM
Flipping heck, JP. Look just below the avatar of the person who posted just after you.
I'm taking that as a sign from Chebus.

She'd be ideal for my porpoises.

Mr JP Fugley
01-28-2008, 12:40 AM
Flipping heck, JP. Look just below the avatar of the person who posted just after you.
I'm taking that as a sign from Chebus.

She'd be ideal for my porpoises.

Your Dolphins are fond of old mushrooms. :blink:

manker
01-28-2008, 12:45 AM
It's too fecking late for me to get obscure stuffs.

anto
01-28-2008, 12:46 AM
nearly a month :)

Mr JP Fugley
01-28-2008, 12:47 AM
It's too fecking late for me to get obscure stuffs.

You're only a young man. There's thyme enough yet.

bruce_berry
01-28-2008, 09:30 PM
20 minutes

bunny67
01-28-2008, 09:59 PM
<--------check join date

Snee
01-29-2008, 08:23 AM

I've got a cheap-arse IR-remote, wot has a wee controller stick on it foar driving the cursor, it only cost me like a tenner of your moneys.

The reciever runs off of a usb-port, liek.

thewizeard
01-29-2008, 08:41 AM

:O We hate traders, retired or not..in the Lounge

Tigers never change their stripes. :ermm:

Alien5
03-10-2008, 10:11 PM
yeah

thebazzla
03-10-2008, 10:30 PM
or a leopard cant change his spots :noes:

Artemis
03-10-2008, 10:42 PM
actually I think zaa has run away to sulk in the corner after his experiences in the lounge :rolleyes: but never fear j-dye is here to take his place :pinch:

trackrider
03-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Not long but am finding I am staying longer and longer all the time. :happy: