PDA

View Full Version : The Invite Section

SenorBubbz
01-29-2008, 10:49 PM
It's kind of sad that more than half of the posts in the Bittorrent forum are in the invite section and that most members leave after they get what they want from the invite section...

markupmaster
01-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Very Sad indeed!

:(

jonny81985
01-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Yea i definitely agree, Although I shouldnt talk because about half of my posts are in there too, but to be fair they are for mostly giveaways and such.

It would be nice if more members here would try to help out a little more but to everyone their own i guess

:)

WarrenBuffet
01-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Thats not sad at all. It actually weeds out the bad members, and keeps the good ones that stay. Often times the members that stay after getting what they need move to the lounge. Also, what do u expect, FST is famous for its bt invites section way more than technical support or bt discussion.

SenorBubbz
01-29-2008, 10:57 PM
When I get my star I'll help out new people by giving them my IPTorrents invites (good place to start)

So far I've given 3 people just starting out invites and I've never heard back :( Not even a "Thank You"

fOrUmAs
01-29-2008, 10:58 PM
well i havent see many people that have got what they needed and leave,but that is they choice and im not (sad) becuase of that :)

SenorBubbz
01-29-2008, 11:00 PM
lol, when people say something is "sad," they mean it's pathetic. At least where I live that's what it means.

jonny81985
01-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Senorbubbz, did u sign up here for the invite section? I am not accusing just asking. The reality is most people become members here to gain invites; not neccesarily wrong, but it would be nice if they stuck around and help other people out :).

Jon

rogerse
01-29-2008, 11:20 PM
I think for invites this (http://forum.torrentfreak.com/) would be the best place on the web, really, no need to sighn-in to a dedicated site just for that.

sleepyy
01-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Most people come here to trade or to ask for help not to make a new home as everywhere else on the net those that find it to be a home and stay even if they get what they want still stick around. People come and go that's life

pone44
01-29-2008, 11:33 PM
gave up requesting high lev, too hard for most! Not easy at all trust that, never trade anything!! Better chance, so i hear...Or request...

mrnobody
01-29-2008, 11:35 PM
It's kind of sad that more than half of the posts in the Bittorrent forum are in the invite section and that most members leave after they get what they want from the invite section...

i don't really care what % of post one makes in bittorrent invites section. I myself have 60.55% in that section :P

What makes me sick is how people talk about community....be super active (ya spams)...and once they get what they want....they disappear.

SenorBubbz
01-29-2008, 11:36 PM
Yea, I'm sure that is life sleepyy. Twists and turns eh?

And jonny, I signed up to know more about the torrent community and to make new friends. And even If i did sign up only for invites, I wouldn't be ashamed because I'm relatively active...

i don't really care what % of post one makes in bittorrent invites section. I myself have 60.55% in that section :P

What makes me sick is how people talk about community....be super active (ya spams)...and once they get what they want....they disappear.

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'M SAYING

1000possibleclaws
01-29-2008, 11:40 PM
how ironic, cause senor bubbz, all the posts ive read by you are spam

mrnobody
01-29-2008, 11:45 PM
Senorbubbz, did u sign up here for the invite section? I am not accusing just asking. The reality is most people become members here to gain invites; not neccesarily wrong, but it would be nice if they stuck around and help other people out :).

Jon

i know the qn is directed to Senorbubbz but i thought i would put my thought

i came here expecting nothing :P

i was told by a friend of mine that being here i will learn stuff about tracker...i didn't sign up when he told me the first time...but later on he forced me to sign up (thanks to him for that)....but yet i wasn't interested. Then one day all the sudden...from a random forum...i got link to FST bittorrent section...but i couldn't access it...so i created a thread asking how many days till i get access...and fortunately it was the next day.

Before all this, I remember i had FTN and ScT url bookmarked...and i used to check 'em once in a while (probably 1ce a week or so), check btracks, and demonoid forum to see if they opened sign up :lol:

WarrenBuffet
01-29-2008, 11:49 PM
tbh, i've spent more time on these forums than viewing/hearing/experiencing torrented material.

Artemis
01-29-2008, 11:56 PM
how ironic, cause senor bubbz, all the posts ive read by you are spam

thats the pot calling the kettle black a bit spammy yourself aren't ya ?:blink:

But I have commented before on the members who say what a great community fst is, glad to be apart of it blah blah blah, then suddenly annoucne they are retired and bam see you later.......

1000possibleclaws
01-30-2008, 12:00 AM
yeah but artemis, MOST of my posts are spam-free :)

mrnobody
01-30-2008, 01:31 AM
yeah but artemis, MOST of my posts are spam-free :)

:P

jonny81985
01-30-2008, 01:34 AM
Nice thread, I love spam!!!! Lol j/k guys

1000possibleclaws
01-30-2008, 01:48 AM
dammit squirrel!! i should have QFT you before you edited XD

mrnobody
01-30-2008, 01:55 AM
dammit squirrel!! i should have QFT you before you edited XD

:naughty:

misread it :D

SenorBubbz
01-30-2008, 01:57 AM
Are you saying I only post spam? Yes, some of my posts are considered "spam" because it doesn't quite relate to the topic 100%

And looks like the posts above me is spam. No?

Sanka113
01-30-2008, 01:57 AM
Most of my post are in there mostly, because it's one of the most active sections on FST. I like to give advise or touch on other's comments, participate in or do giveaways etc. There's always a good bit of action in there. It is unfortunate that some people only come around every once in awhile and thats to make a request. That makes me even sadder then posting a lot then leaving.

SenorBubbz
01-30-2008, 02:01 AM
It is unfortunate that some people only come around every once in awhile and thats to make a request. That makes me even sadder then posting a lot then leaving.

Yea, I intend to be active here a long time. Especially since my 360 is being repaired by MS. It'll be back this week and I'll play some COD4 then come chat on the forum then go play some more COD4 :P

aysomc
01-30-2008, 02:07 AM
i think most of them try to get what they want and cant get it right away so they leave. i probably wont stop coming here until i stop torrenting all together, people here were nice enough to help me out so i should return the favor to other people around here that werent as fortunate.

mrnobody
01-30-2008, 02:12 AM
Are you saying I only post spam? Yes, some of my posts are considered "spam" because it doesn't quite relate to the topic 100%

And looks like the posts above me is spam. No?

No

--

above was sample spam

i don't think staffer care if you go lil beyond the topic but if u repetitively are off by 180 degree then that's a problem :P

1000possibleclaws
01-30-2008, 02:12 AM
It is unfortunate that some people only come around every once in awhile and thats to make a request. That makes me even sadder then posting a lot then leaving.

Yea, I intend to be active here a long time. Especially since my 360 is being repaired by MS. It'll be back this week and I'll play some COD4 then come chat on the forum then go play some more COD4 :P

This is exactly what im talking about bubbz. sorry to be rude, but noone here cares if you can play your COD4 or if its broken and you can't.

I suggest you start posting in this section instead (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-lounge-10/ )
if you want to 'chat on the forum', because this section is for bittorrent talk, not pity

:Dcheers!

SenorBubbz
01-30-2008, 02:15 AM

This is exactly what im talking about bubbz. sorry to be rude, but noone here cares if you can play your COD4 or if its broken and you can't.

I suggest you start posting in this section instead (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-lounge-10/ )
if you want to 'chat on the forum', because this section is for bittorrent talk, not pity

:Dcheers!

I guess saying "OK, I'll post in the Lounge more." would be spam.

So to add to my post I'll say this:

Close this topic before people start flaming each other. I'm not saying I will, I'm just saying you never know what one comment will lead to.

Artemis
01-30-2008, 03:16 AM
NO NO NO, you've got it all wrong !

for it to be a really spammy post there has to be some weird random pic

http://xs223.xs.to/xs223/08053/6l9u97l220.jpg (http://xs.to)

:naughty::naughty::naughty::whistling

mrnobody
01-30-2008, 03:50 AM
NO NO NO, you've got it all wrong !

for it to be a really spammy post there has to be some weird random pic

http://xs223.xs.to/xs223/08053/6l9u97l220.jpg (http://xs.to)

:naughty::naughty::naughty::whistling

+1

legit way to spam :rolleyes:

klink05
01-30-2008, 05:05 AM
the only real posts i make are in the invite section simply because that's the only one i have anything to say in. i spend most of my time on this site reading threads in other sections, but there's often no new information for me to bring up, so it would never be worth it to post. other than a +1. instead the posts i make are usually either giving something away or if i see a giveaway for a tracker i've been looking fo ri'll occasionally throw my hat in.

cocalait
01-30-2008, 05:47 AM
It's pretty sad. But well, most people joined here to have access to that section.

C-mos
01-30-2008, 05:53 AM
It's pretty sad. But well, most people joined here to have access to that section.

probably you :)

Horatiu
01-30-2008, 06:55 AM

probably you :)

You are worng. Many people DO join here to get access to the section but few stay active after they get a piece of the cake.

$SnoopDo2G$
01-30-2008, 06:59 AM
Even thou i found a few stuff that i wanted im still hangin around reading...
everybody should do the same...Read...Read...reply etc...

TP635
01-30-2008, 09:20 AM
When I signed up here, I did not even know there was an invite section. I was made aware of it by someone starting a thread as to why he can't access that section of the forum. When my 'internship' ended I did not even realized I have the star under my name.
I am active in a few other forums, but non are related to torrenting.
I hope to be around for as long as I am still torrenting.

The Wanderer
01-30-2008, 09:41 AM
I post on this forum first and then on the invite section... although I don't have even a single post there. :P

spark
01-30-2008, 12:11 PM
I do not spam...

{except this post}

Aeyen
01-30-2008, 12:13 PM
That's pretty sad, well I think it depends, if you've made friends here, it's so sad to lose your reputation just for a few measly torrent sites :P

mrnobody
01-30-2008, 12:54 PM
I do not spam...

{except this post}

me either :whistling

{except this post}

lostdemon
01-30-2008, 04:19 PM
here is a picture for you squirr3l

http://migames.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/squirrel-with-machine-gun.jpg

Oh and I don't spam either. lol

filonome
01-30-2008, 04:51 PM
who spams?

what is spam?

spam?

ham eggs spam spam spam and spam?

or spam spam eggs and spam?

lostdemon
01-30-2008, 04:52 PM
who spams?

what is spam?

spam?

:lol::lol::lol:

SenorBubbz
01-30-2008, 09:03 PM
who spams?

what is spam?

spam?

not to spam, but that made my day :thumbsup::clap::D :D :D

:lol::lol::lol:

Cruel
01-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Invites are only a part of the goal, the goal for me is my own color in the five stars :D

Around 2010 ;(

svr
01-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Considering many of the forums are mostly full of spammers who post 1 word posts like "gooooood", "niceeeeee" etc just to boost their post numbers to look like they are active. And you wonder why anyone with a healthy brain dont use them? Sure there are some good but the spam gets out of hand too often.

lostdemon
01-30-2008, 09:17 PM
The colored 5 stars do look pretty cool
Kinda like the colored stars you get when your in preschool when you do something good
It gives you that I'm special feel

SenorBubbz
01-30-2008, 09:18 PM
Kinda like the colored stars you get when your in preschool when you do something good

I love the colored stars! That's what I hope to achieve one day :naughty:

Stevis
01-30-2008, 09:36 PM
It's pretty annoying when you enter a thread on the Invites forum and see that 99% of the posts are "Nice giveaway" or "Good luck getting your request" without adding any real content to the topic at hand. But if you dig through the garbage, sometimes you'll find some really good stuff :)

1000possibleclaws
01-31-2008, 12:09 AM

I love the colored stars! That's what I hope to achieve one day :naughty:

well i hope you dont, cause your posts are ALL spam, they're everywhere, and they arn't funny which should be the only excuse for spamming :pinch:

SenorBubbz
01-31-2008, 12:32 AM
Close this thread

Dark Archon
02-02-2008, 10:54 AM

be glad that not EVERYONE is like that, there are good community users here as well.

Nemrod
02-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Iīm sorry... I disagree.
I donīt believe people disappear after they get what they want. I think that the majority... once they get what they want they stay and become more actives and really helpful members.
And those who really do that, minority in my opinion... well, we donīt need them at all.

placebocrazy
02-02-2008, 01:45 PM
Iīm sorry... I disagree.
I donīt believe people disappear after they get what they want. I think that the majority... once they get what they want they stay and become more actives and really helpful members.
And those who really do that, minority in my opinion... well, we donīt need them at all.

you are right my friend, people get invite but continue on FST, cause they try then to give what others have given to them. FST works like that, and this is why everyone knows that FST is the real forum.

scentedberries
12-08-2008, 07:12 PM
I just join this site and I find it very confusing. Not sure where to look for things or how to go about getting them. Alot of the users on here have been very nice and shwoing me how to do things and where to look. Hopefully more people out there are like this.

Artemis
12-08-2008, 07:46 PM
I just join this site and I find it very confusing. Not sure where to look for things or how to go about getting them. Alot of the users on here have been very nice and shwoing me how to do things and where to look. Hopefully more people out there are like this.

That's nice, but hopefully you won't bump any more old threads like this one pointlessly either. Some of the natives really hate that (can't say it exactly thrills me either)....................

IdolEyes787
12-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Iīm sorry... I disagree.

The above post is called irony.

Unfortunately most of the people that were postings even as recently as when I joined don't seem to anymore but I really believe that the reason is four-fold(but interconnected).

1.As previously stated for them FST has served it's purpose
2.they therefore are likely to spend the limited time they have on other sites(which FST helped them either directly or indirectly get on)
3.most of these trackers they gained access to disapprrove of FST so they adopt those values as their own.
4.therefore they are now better than you.

I on the other hand stay here because my opinion has never changed .
I have always thought myself better than yous.:whistling

kaffeine
12-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Yep, some people here can answer your questions even before you ask them.

That's how awesome we are :smilie4: