PDA

View Full Version : Which country have the most torrenter?

TP635
01-30-2008, 01:49 AM
Looking at my client, most of the peers IPs are USA, even when dling from a .ro tracker. Rarely do I see China or other asian countries. Yet asian have been accused for being the baddest pirate.
Which country do you think is the runner up to the US?

WarrenBuffet
01-30-2008, 01:51 AM
total ppl= usa hands down

population to torrent user ratio (makes more sense to use this one): Sweden hands down.

mrnobody
01-30-2008, 01:52 AM
Yet asian have been accused for being the baddest pirate.

asians not asians living in asia. So, u can have asians over US...and they will show US ip :P

SenorBubbz
01-30-2008, 02:04 AM
I'm pretty sure it's the US. And people say that the US has a fiercer "takedown" strategy when it comes to torrents and we have the most peers. Sadly Mistaken ;)

sear
01-30-2008, 02:08 AM
I think Asia is singled out because they have organised pirating gangs which are quite different to p2p. They're criminal gangs that are often involved in other forms of corruption and crime (like prostitution and drugs).

So you could say they're the worst because they're making massive profits, and from the figures I saw a few years ago cost the record and movie companies a lot more money than BT or other file sharing networks (though that may have changed).

Also many Asian countries have very week copyright protection so that's bound to piss off RIAA and the MPAA. Even the countries that have tough laws rarely enforce them. Go onto the street in any major Asian city (excluding Japan) and you'll see pirated goods everywhere. Not just movies and music but also electronics, clothes and many other brand name items.

I've heard Russians are also big pirates which I think is why R5's are released first, as a way to combat the general acceptance of buying things through unofficial channels.

As for BT the vast majority are bound to be from the US because of cheap high quality internet that young people have access too. Though Australia has the highest percentage of BT traffic per head of population.

A web traffic analysis shows that BitTorrent is popular among Australians, more popular than in every other country in the world. Australia is followed by Romania and Greece, the US ranks 12th

01.Australia
Favorite Site: Mininova

02. Romania

03. Greece

04. Netherlands

05. Canada
Favorite Site: Torrentspy

06. United Kingdom

07. Sweden
Favorite Site: The Pirate Bay

08. Slovakia
Favorite Site: Torrentz

09. Malaysia

10. France

–

12 Unites States

Source: http://torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-most-popular-in-australia/

I've also read that in the Australian media which got the figures from an analysis of web traffic.

whiteyes
01-30-2008, 02:11 AM
on a site that has 21,000 members
1.Sweden > 2.USA > 3.China > 4.Norway

http://img01.yeuxverts.net/_images_/img01.8/9uas3u.jvfqrs.1abbx4.jpg

titofat
01-30-2008, 02:15 AM
i think USA

1000possibleclaws
01-30-2008, 02:15 AM
yeah i was thinking romania, but didnt remember that countries name. there are always people trying to get invites from me who speak broken english

SenorBubbz
01-30-2008, 02:17 AM
12 Unites States

Weren't we banned from Torrentspy?

sear
01-30-2008, 02:26 AM
Weren't we banned from Torrentspy?

lol...yup must have sucked for all those torrenters in the US. That data was taken in early 2007 so it's a bit old.

Horatiu
01-30-2008, 06:50 AM
yeah i was thinking romania, but didnt remember that countries name. there are always people trying to get invites from me who speak broken english

Yeah well they didn't grow up in an english speaking country.
You would probably speak broken german too. :dry:

sugam
01-30-2008, 07:15 AM
Most torrent users are from China(obvious reasons) :)

That1Guy
01-30-2008, 07:21 AM

Yeah well they didn't grow up in an english speaking country.
You would probably speak broken german too. :dry:
Very, VERY true

As far as the thread topic, I would probably say The U.S. Anyone know what county the majority of the pirate bays peers are from?

Enlightened
01-30-2008, 07:28 AM
U.S.http://www.wilsoninfo.com/pledge_flag1.gif

bigdaddykane
01-30-2008, 07:38 AM
torrent spy sucked anyways lol

Polarbear
01-30-2008, 07:46 AM

very wrong. the chinese internet is completely censored and observed. they can't even access wikipedia.

FACE_TO_FACE
01-30-2008, 08:12 AM

they can't even access wikipedia.
really? :blink::blink:
WTF :noes:

Yinon
01-30-2008, 08:20 AM
Israel. definitely Israel.

TP635
01-30-2008, 08:51 AM
Where do the Indian (as in people from India) rank? They are active here and there are a few very good indian content trackers.

Enlightened
01-30-2008, 09:07 AM
Where do the Indian (as in people from India) rank? They are active here and there are a few very good indian content trackers.
I think is about the same ratio as the Aussies:D

TCD004
01-30-2008, 10:29 AM
That's true, that most of the peers has US flag, but I live in UK and my flag for others is US flag. Most of the slovakian ISP has US flag as well. I don't really know how it is possible, but for sure I know, US won't be the first in toplist, because most of the ISP even not from US comes up with US flag...

yayyyyyy
01-30-2008, 11:43 AM
US... just becouse there are more ppl in there...

but I think that all the US barely can equal the traffic done by .no/.se/.nl :P

GoldStoNe
01-30-2008, 12:13 PM
In one of the private tracker I've joined, US has the most number of torrenters, followed closely by Romania.

stoi
01-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Not everyone puts their country, or even the country they live in on trackers, but on blackcats its.

Users:

USA
Canada
Brazil
UK
Sweden
Australia
Holland
Poland
France
Germany

But for most uploaded its.

Greece
Russia
Japan
Sweden
Norway
Taiwan
New Zealand
Isle de Muerte (the pirate flag)
Germany
Denmark

zizo85
01-30-2008, 01:24 PM
i think usa

fOrUmAs
01-30-2008, 01:33 PM
from what i have seen there are surely most U.S.A users

:)

greymatter
01-30-2008, 01:54 PM
Canada the least? Cause of the crappy connections with download restrictions and strict canadian laws may be.

stoi
01-30-2008, 02:11 PM
i thought the law in Canada were very lax, they basically said they have not got the manpower to go after file-sharers so they are just letting it go (for now)

OK, Demonoid had problems over there, but there are pleanty of other trackers in Canada.

Broadband might be crap though.

greymatter
01-30-2008, 02:23 PM
i thought the law in Canada were very lax, they basically said they have not got the manpower to go after file-sharers so they are just letting it go (for now)

Could be true. But often canadians have come up with problems having received notifications from ISPs regarding copyright infringement.

ceasar
01-31-2008, 04:20 AM
But for most uploaded its.

Greece
Russia
Japan
Thats interesting, cause for best ratio keepers Russians rock the TT as well, looks like that ppl just like to seed :P

Ghost+Rider
01-31-2008, 05:34 AM
Well actually there are lots of pirating peeps from USA cuz in Asian countries u can have pirated Movies,Softwares and Gaming Dvds at very cheap prices being sold at every street.The copyright laws are almost shit and police don't give a fuck to all this as they are developing countries and they don't make piracy a big issue..

TP635
01-31-2008, 06:15 AM
Well actually there are lots of pirating peeps from USA cuz in Asian countries u can have pirated Movies,Softwares and Gaming Dvds at very cheap prices being sold at every street.The copyright laws are almost shit and police don't give a fuck to all this as they are developing countries and they don't make piracy a big issue..

Assuming they are connected to the net; would it not be cheaper to dl than to buy hard pirated copy from the street? I used to buy those copies of pirated cds before. a lot of the apps do not work, same with the games. And in the end they total up to be more expensive than dling.

Ghost+Rider
01-31-2008, 06:28 AM

Assuming they are connected to the net; would it not be cheaper to dl than to buy hard pirated copy from the street? I used to buy those copies of pirated cds before. a lot of the apps do not work, same with the games. And in the end they total up to be more expensive than dling.

Yeh u are right but in Most of the Asian countries u can't experience high downloading speeds or They are much costly
For example in My country We get a 2 Mbit line for 4k Bucks which means 100$ for 2 Mbit line and the downloading limt is very less,Thats y asian countries still lag in torrenting..

RoSsoNeRI
01-31-2008, 06:54 AM
Asian countries dont lag in torrenting....the fastest home connections in the world can be found in japan/china n korea but the rest of the asia is quite behind lol

@OP - Definately US cuz they got good connections there

Canada the least? Cause of the crappy connections with download restrictions and strict canadian laws may be.

lol.....dude there is no law against torrenting here. You could just call up ur ISP n tell em that u need a connection to download torrents n they wont even give a fukk :lol:

What sucks here is that ISP's throttle u :dry:

Ghost+Rider
01-31-2008, 07:06 AM
Asian countries dont lag in torrenting....the fastest home connections in the world can be found in japan/china n korea but the rest of the asia is quite behind lol

The best connections in China and Korea :mellow::noes:

piggy
02-01-2008, 02:25 AM
common, chinese would use their own "tracker" that would often comes in the form of forum to d/l.. although the speed sux and almost everyone hit and run, but they could get good pres (sometimes) faster then the tracker we would normally use.
And with their weak copywrite laws, you could download copywritted music/songs from china yahoo or google BT heroes to get the files immidiately..

Enlightened
02-01-2008, 05:19 AM

The best connections in China and Korea :mellow::noes:

I wa loking thru your signature , is that a typo error, "lived at optimum,with total abandon" or 'lived at optimum,with total abandance". Really do not make sense, if it is "abandon", I know english is NOT your native tongue.......??:mellow::frusty::noes:

fatcat69
02-01-2008, 05:35 AM
sweet now a whole country epenis thread.

Im going to go with Cambodia. Yup Cambodia.

http://www.nooniefortin.com/images/OperationDumboDrop.jpg

Dark Archon
02-02-2008, 10:39 AM
there are like 1 australian tracker lol. diwana

Nemrod
02-02-2008, 10:47 AM
I donīt know which country has the most torrenteers, what I know for sure is which has the best: Sweden, and second: Romania, third: USA.
More than a 3/4 of everything Iīve downloaded ever is from them.

danio
02-02-2008, 10:49 AM
about 1/9 of the population in sweden are torrenting :) (atleast).. it would be cool to see if they ever manage to enforce the copyright laws and puts 1/9, 1/8 (or something like that) of the population behind bars.. xD

kadake
02-02-2008, 10:52 AM
this thread makes me laugh, why are you all stressing that your country is the most dishonest , "we download much more than you" "no we download more"

LOL , well i hope my country downloads the least , that way im last to get busted .