PDA

View Full Version : Any one here ever broke a rib?

100%
01-30-2008, 03:51 PM
I think i did :unsure:
haven't gone to the doctors yet.
whacked during snowboarding last weekend.

According to the web if your not coughing blood and the pain doesnt get worse, there is not much they can do....

breathing fully gets a bit heavy, hurts at certain angels.

Any experienced cracked rib connoisseurs here with tips?

http://photos22.flickr.com/32255882_ad0838846b.jpg

Barbarossa
01-30-2008, 03:52 PM
I've never broken one myself, but the doctor is correct.

Rest and relaxation is the only cure really.

Something Else
01-30-2008, 03:55 PM
Harsh zed....take em easy, bun a not-too fat one and listen to some fine tunes would be my advice.
Lucky I'm not a doctor. :smilie4:

Proper Bo
01-30-2008, 03:57 PM
Yes, but they weren't mine :captainasda:

manker
01-30-2008, 04:00 PM
Sneezing really hurts when you've cracked a rib, I'd avoid it if I were you :smilie4:

It also hurts when your missus pokes you incessantly in your bad rib. I suggest giving her a swift back-hander now to let her know that it's not fucking funny.

DyNast
01-30-2008, 04:38 PM
When I broke my little finger's rib, I didn't even feel it o_O I've only noticed it was over-sized later, and after I gone to the doctor I found out it really was broken
:P

manker
01-30-2008, 04:47 PM
When I broke my little finger's rib, I didn't even feel it o_O I've only noticed it was over-sized later, and after I gone to the doctor I found out it really was broken
:P:blink:

You're a mutant or a moran.

Something Else
01-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Mutant-moron.

bunny67
01-30-2008, 05:29 PM
if your rib is broken and its the bottom 1 have it taken out with 1 from the other side and you will be able to give yourself a BJ:D

Mr JP Fugley
01-30-2008, 05:41 PM
I know bloke who broke his cawk (Penile Haematoma).

The rather slutty burd he was with was a bit too enthusiastic in her thrusting up and down and snapped it.

True story.

DyNast
01-30-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm both

100%
01-30-2008, 07:49 PM
thanks for tips
The Lounge Doctors are definitely in.
religion seems to have gone amiss

I've never broken one myself, but the doctor is correct.

Rest and relaxation is the only cure really.

Sounds good but not realistic
13 kilo kid needs plenty of fun

Harsh zed....take em easy, bun a not-too fat one and listen to some fine tunes would be my advice.
Lucky I'm not a doctor. :smilie4:
in process...

Yes, but they weren't mine :captainasda:
:lol:
epic moment

Sneezing really hurts when you've cracked a rib, I'd avoid it if I were you :smilie4:

It also hurts when your missus pokes you incessantly in your bad rib. I suggest giving her a swift back-hander now to let her know that it's not fucking funny.

:lol:
presently making her carry the heavy shit.
Must a man break himself for this to happen? ffs
welcome back.

:P

a friend jumped over a fence, landed on his arm, he got up & walked towards us. we all pointed at his arm. It had a new elbow.
He looked down, 2 seconds later he started screaming.

if your rib is broken and its the bottom 1 have it taken out with 1 from the other side and you will be able to give yourself a BJ:D

The world needs more doctors like you.

I know bloke who broke his cawk (Penile Haematoma).

The rather slutty burd he was with was a bit too enthusiastic in her thrusting up and down and snapped it.

True story.

shhhh.. don't let other chiks know.

http://pig.spacebarcowboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/delicious_rib.jpg

enoughfakefiles
01-30-2008, 07:55 PM

I use to work with a bloke who thought the same thing :blink:

He left on mental medical grounds recently.

FatBob
01-30-2008, 08:11 PM
why dont you take an x-ray ? or let superman do a scan ?

100%
01-30-2008, 08:21 PM
superman is dead, magneto lacks the calcium content and Shakespeare only wants to whine about it, hence i visit doc tomorrow.

http://www.petcaretips.net/whatsUpDoc.jpg

chalice
01-30-2008, 08:23 PM
Broken ribs is for fags, like.

They're not broken, they're just reminding you that you're alive.

100%
01-30-2008, 08:28 PM
So that's what that is.

aaaahh life, so bitterly remindable.

FatBob
01-30-2008, 08:33 PM
i have never broken a bone :01:

Agrajag
01-30-2008, 08:39 PM
I broke my thumb and walked it off, working on a building site at the time.

Thumb got all swollen and I went to see the nurse in the local centre who told me it was staved. That I should dip it in some iced water.

Years later I broke a bone in my hand, a metacarpal and had it X-Rayed. When the X-Ray came back the Dr asked me when I had fractured my thumb I said that I hadn't. He pointed the fracture out to me and said I had indeed and that it had mended itself.

I'm telling you, the wee metacarpal was sorer than the fucking fractured thumb.

chalice
01-30-2008, 09:04 PM
I had 4 ribs reminding me that I was alive last year after that kicking wot I got.

It is fucking perdition, like. Plus I got a broken collar bone, which will never fully heal.

Rotten cunts, like.

thebazzla
01-30-2008, 09:19 PM
i have never broken a bone :01:me neither :fst:

100%
01-30-2008, 09:29 PM
Could all the super human immortal people please stop bloating, or at least go out and do something bone crackable.
I need to indulge in this "pain is life" moment.

It has a mildly lemon acidic feel to it, mixed with restrained wasabi claustrophobia.

Snee
01-30-2008, 10:24 PM
I think i did :unsure:
haven't gone to the doctors yet.
whacked during snowboarding last weekend.

According to the web if your not coughing blood and the pain doesnt get worse, there is not much they can do....

breathing fully gets a bit heavy, hurts at certain angels.

Any experienced cracked rib connoisseurs here with tips?

http://photos22.flickr.com/32255882_ad0838846b.jpg
I cracked mine skiing, I just let that heal on its own.

In hindsight, though, going to a doctor would have been a good idea, 'cos they don't quite look like they did before, on that side.

But if it's just cracks, rather than breaks, there's not much that can be done, normally, just make sure there are no loose bits, or serious breaks.

Snee
01-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Ribs aren't really bones, btw.