PDA

View Full Version : Need help with firewall

IsisBast
01-31-2008, 10:00 PM
My version of norton just ran out juice, and i need a new firewall...

I'v tried zonealarm but i said, it could not be installed on this version of windows, i have vista, so i dont know watt to do...

watt sort of firewall blocks attacs and is low maintenance?

Please help :cry:

SenorBubbz
01-31-2008, 10:04 PM
Kaspersky Internet Security

It's low maintenance and very customizable so you can tell it what you want coming in and what you want going out.

IsisBast
01-31-2008, 10:10 PM
thanky soo soo much for youre help :-) here and in my other post ;-)

SenorBubbz
01-31-2008, 10:13 PM
No problem dude. To forward your port through Kaspersky, save this text as port.ini:

[azureus.exe]
App=[YOUR PATH]
CommandLine=
UseCommandLine=0

Name=DNS Service
Enable=1
Allow=1
Log=0
Warning=0
Protocol=UDP
Direction=OutboundStream
RemotePort=53

Name=Allow TCP Connections [IN] ([YOUR PORT])
Enable=1
Allow=1
Log=0
Warning=0
Protocol=TCP
Direction=InboundStream
LocalPort=[YOUR PORT]

Name=Allow TCP Connections [OUT] (Ephemeral)
Enable=1
Allow=1
Log=0
Warning=0
Protocol=TCP
Direction=OutboundStream
LocalPort=1024-5000

Name=Allow UDP Packets [IN/OUT] (Ephemeral, [YOUR PORT])
Enable=1
Allow=1
Log=0
Warning=0
Protocol=UDP
Direction=InboundOutbound
LocalPort=1024-5000, [YOUR PORT]

Where [YOUR PATH] should be replaced with the full path to your Azureus executable, and [YOUR PORT] is replaced with the port Azureus listens on. Save the above (with the proper information filled in) as a INI file using a plain text editor (such as Notepad -- not Microsoft Word or the likes) and import it into Kaspersky's firewall rules. Works for me without hiccups.

;)

fisherman
01-31-2008, 11:58 PM
I prefer Trend Micro myself but can be slightly heavy on resources sometimes...tho nothing like that resource hog Norton ;)

IsisBast
02-01-2008, 11:40 AM
okay me again...

i download Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0.0.125, and of course i cant get the regkey to work, i have 5 reg keys the last one runs out in 2008-08-04, but as i said i cant get it to work...

i'v tried just to run it and it says: that the file is not an registreringsdatabasesscript, but outhers got it to work..

then i thoght i was a crack, and i tried to copy it to the program folder, but suprise suprise, my computer said that i dittent have promistionto do that..

so help :'(

singing_sol
02-01-2008, 11:47 AM
mcafee thats a nice option becoz i've been using it for nearly 4 years and never a hich