PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Hacking CoD 4 (Level 55)

Skiz
02-01-2008, 12:03 PM
I love CoD4 but have become quite bothered with a couple of the challenges so I decided to seek out a hack. I was able to get 46 of the challenges completed on my own but couldn't be bothered to get the rest.

I do not recommend doing this if you haven't done a considerable amount of the challenges on your own or you're going to take away a great part of the game.

Anyhow, here goes...

============================

I tried all the YouTube tutorials but to no avail, as well as another tutorial I found but neither allowed me to successfully hack the ranks. I took what seemed appropriate from the two and fiddled around and I got it to work. Here's what I did:

1. Go here and download the "mpdata" file - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AGZQZGLN

2. Go to your "players" folder and copy it to a location outside of your Call of Duty directory. (i.e. - My Documents). This will be your backup copy just in case you screw up. Default location for the "players" folder is C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare/

3. Open the Start Menu and click "Run".

4. Type "regedit" and click OK.

5. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Activision > Call of Duty 4

6. Look to the right box and you'll see the second row is your "codkey". Right-click and select "Modify". Now enter DL2J8PY44Q22GE4888D2 as your new key.

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/1651/65957244pb0.th.png (http://img119.imageshack.us/my.php?image=65957244pb0.png)

7. Click OK and exit Regedit.

8. Navigate back the original "players" folder again and inside it you'll find your profiles. Open the one you want to upgrade and delete everything inside of it. (Make sure that you have completed step #2 first!)

9. Move the "mpdata" file that you downloaded earlier into the now empty folder.

10. Open CoD4. (You may need to reset some settings such the display resolution, etc.)

11. In the game, go to Options > Multiplayer Options > Enter Key Code and re-enter your key that came with your game.

12. I've read in a couple of places that you will need to play for at least 20 minutes before exiting the game, so I played for around 25 minutes. Not sure if it's necessary though.

13. Enjoy! :)

Cabalo
02-01-2008, 05:08 PM
hey, had u unlocked any of the golden guns before you did this?
so far i have only the golden deagle and the challenges to get the other ones are yet a bit out of reach...
yes, i already have most of the challenges done.

Skiz
02-01-2008, 10:15 PM
hey, had u unlocked any of the golden guns before you did this?
so far i have only the golden deagle and the challenges to get the other ones are yet a bit out of reach...
yes, i already have most of the challenges done.

Nope. I didn't even know about any golden guns prior to doing this.

This hack did unlock them though.

Something Else
02-01-2008, 10:49 PM
I don't get it. :unsure:

Is this for multiplayer with bots. :unsure:

I didn't see any challenges. :unsure:

Skiz
02-01-2008, 10:58 PM
You must not have played the game. Multiplayer, that is... :unsure:

All players start out with the very basic weapons and must complete different challenges that will unlock different weapons and abilities. That can take a lot of game play to complete.

This promotes you to a full 5 Star General as if you'd already completed to the challenges.

Something Else
02-02-2008, 12:40 AM
So can you play MP with bots?

Skiz
02-02-2008, 03:34 AM
Don't know what a "bot" is so I'm not sure, though this hack has nothing to do with any "bots".

Cabalo
02-02-2008, 03:48 AM
So can you play MP with bots?
no mate, as far as i know only CS and CSS allow bots.

this is the most intense mp game i ever played.

Something Else
02-03-2008, 12:50 PM
So wait a minute.....you guys paid for the game. :O

Skiz
02-03-2008, 05:03 PM

I always buy the CoD games.... it's well worth it for the MP.

But I did shop around and got from a fellow on Craigslist for $35 er somethin.

Cabalo
02-03-2008, 06:04 PM
yes, i did buy it.
CoD is the best bang for the buck, its multiplayer modes are awesome and exciting.
i don't mind spending 25€ for the game as i did (around 35$) it was such an excellent deal, that i will never regret for it.
I also had all the previous CoD games, plus battlefield 2 and 2142, and CS:S.

the only games i buy are the ones with excellent multiplayer mode.

F3n1x
02-19-2008, 03:43 PM
Thanks skizo for the tutorial i have the hacked one, will buy the original for play online.
:happy:

soccermatt34
02-20-2008, 07:40 PM
If we do have a legitimate cd key, will changing the key value in the registry still allow multiplayer on ranked servers?

Skiz
02-20-2008, 07:44 PM
If we do have a legitimate cd key, will changing the key value in the registry still allow multiplayer on ranked servers?

Yes.

Continue to read the tutorial and you'll see that you'll be changing your CD key back to your proper one.

hoka81
02-28-2008, 10:17 AM
nice info skizo

LaPistola
03-26-2008, 01:15 PM
I never paid for it but still play online, there are cracked servers...

sacebac
03-26-2008, 08:36 PM
yeah me too, i have CoD4 pirated and play in cracked servers too!!!!!

Skiz
03-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Cracked servers are shite. Fact.

Cabalo
03-28-2008, 05:49 AM
word!
i just miss some new maps...
can't stop being hooked at this game.

dunkItOut
03-30-2008, 06:41 AM
Oh the hell you've unleashed. I really can't stand it when players on COD cheat. What's the point? There's not satisfaction in it. You didn't earn anything. All you got was a few upgrades. Why not take the time to play and earn it? What else is there to do? I almost can't play on servers without Punkbuster anymore.

On a happier side-note, the COD series is amazing. I remember first playing the original COD and thinking how fricking cool it was. Then COD:UO came, and COD:2. It just keeps getting better and better :D

Skiz
03-30-2008, 06:50 AM
Oh the hell you've unleashed. I really can't stand it when players on COD cheat. What's the point? There's not satisfaction in it. You didn't earn anything. All you got was a few upgrades. Why not take the time to play and earn it? What else is there to do? I almost can't play on servers without Punkbuster anymore.

On a happier side-note, the COD series is amazing. I remember first playing the original COD and thinking how fricking cool it was. Then COD:UO came, and COD:2. It just keeps getting better and better :D

This has nothing to do with "cheating". A lot of players don't have the time to commit to a game like CoD4 which requires players to play the game extensively in order to obtain all the basic weapons. This fixes that.

dunkItOut
04-03-2008, 04:23 AM
I'm a little late on getting back, but why play the game if you're not going to commit to it? I'm not understanding why this 'has nothing to do with "cheating"'

t0mmy
04-03-2008, 12:23 PM
awesome! im only lvl 25 lol ==, so this will certainly help

Skiz
04-03-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm a little late on getting back, but why play the game if you're not going to commit to it? I'm not understanding why this 'has nothing to do with "cheating"'

Not everyone has the time to "commit" to a video game. This way they can play the game so they can have fun with all the weapons. I had the game for like 4 months and was only at around the 26 rank as I just didn't have time to play.

Playing a little more and learning how long it would take to obtain that 55, I might have never reached it.

dunkItOut
04-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Not everyone has the time to "commit" to a video game. This way they can play the game so they can have fun with all the weapons. I had the game for like 4 months and was only at around the 26 rank as I just didn't have time to play.

Playing a little more and learning how long it would take to obtain that 55, I might have never reached it.

Alright, so I'll give you that point...as much as it pains me :). But I still think this is all wrong, yet I see your point.

Quarter
04-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Great! very good guide.
I'll test it as soon as possible.

Kytter
04-05-2008, 02:24 PM
My PC isn't that good to run that CoD, thanks anyway. :)

0riGiNaLBoX
05-24-2008, 05:30 PM
thanks but i can't do this only will try again

kintarop^
07-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Go on http://www.xxxxxxxxxxx.com (http://www.xxxxxxxxxx.com/) to unlock level 55 and grade Marshal for Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer. Get simply all weapons, skins, accessories and challenges !

Skiz
07-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Go on http://www.xxxxxxxxxxx.com (http://www.xxxxxxxxxx.com/) to unlock level 55 and grade Marshal for Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer. Get simply all weapons, skins, accessories and challenges !

You've created a pay site to do what hundreds (thousands?) of other web pages already demonstrate for free? :dabs:

cadaffi
07-05-2008, 04:06 PM
I like it but I prefer cod2 :P

tomersss
07-15-2008, 08:46 AM
thanks, really good guide. the above me who said cod2 is the best is right but each game has it's own storyline so you can't really compare cod2 to cod4.

Sweetiepie
07-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Great guide. Will test it tonight :)

EDIT: Working fine, Thanks man :)

Spanky
07-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Im so pleased I dont see any of you on the server I admin, your arses would be banned so quick.

Just play the game as it should be played without having to alter any files. Total waste of time playing the game if all your gonna do is hack it so you have everything thats going. :-/

Skiz
07-27-2008, 05:41 AM
Im so pleased I dont see any of you on the server I admin, your arses would be banned so quick.

Just play the game as it should be played without having to alter any files. Total waste of time playing the game if all your gonna do is hack it so you have everything thats going. :-/

No, no, we wouldn't. You cannot differentiate between those who have hacked their ranks to those who haven't.

As for having fun in the game, well, I'm having a blast. :happy:

goodboss
07-27-2008, 06:26 AM
Great guide
good job mate :P

Spanky
07-27-2008, 09:23 AM

No, no, we wouldn't. You cannot differentiate between those who have hacked their ranks to those who haven't.

You havent been an Admin on a CoD server I guess. :P

Yeah you have a blast with your hacked mpdata lol. Your e-penis must be so big now that you have cheated your way through the game. :lol:

Skiz
07-27-2008, 12:25 PM

You havent been an Admin on a CoD server I guess. :P

Yeah you have a blast with your hacked mpdata lol. Your e-penis must be so big now that you have cheated your way through the game. :lol:

I'm quite happy, thanks. :happy:

And it has nothing to do with epenis' or cheating or whatever appellation you'd prefer. Fact is, a lot of players (myself included) don't have the time to commit to a game like CoD4 which requires players to play the game extensively in order to obtain all the basic weapons. This fixes that.

This way anyone can play the game so they can have fun with all the weapons. I had the game for like 4 months and was only at around the 26 rank as I just didn't have time to play.

I play the game to have fun, nothing more.

Spanky
07-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Ok lol, you just keep telling yourself that and you will eventually believe its ok to cheat at online games. :wacko:

It doesnt matter how long it takes to get to level 55, thats all the fun of the game, unless your one of these people that HAS to win every game no matter what it takes.

I guess I just dont see the point in paying for a game, only to hack it, then not getting the fun of going through all the levels the proper way.

Our server is pretty quiet just now as it usually is through the summer, or I might have challenged you to a nice fair game lol. That is if you like being beat by a female, that got all the challenges the legit way . :yup: :lol:

Skiz
07-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Obviously, to you, the levels thing was fun; for me it wasn't.

Adversely, now that I have all the weapons, the game is fun. Imagine that. :rolleyes:

Spanky
07-27-2008, 04:44 PM
Are you one of those typical n00bs then? :ermm:

wiseD
07-28-2008, 05:32 PM
And the thing to remember is that it's a game, and not real life. So what if they cheat - if you cheat you should be easy to beat.

If not, then the levels don't mean shit and therefore there's no point in them.

Skiz
07-28-2008, 06:32 PM
And the thing to remember is that it's a game, and not real life.

Exactly. Just have fun.

I got tired of all the brats in the in-game chat, so I asked an old buddy from my UO days if he could create a script that would disable the chat, and he came through. :happy:

http://callofduty.filefront.com/file/MrNickles_Chat_Toggle_Script;85314

whip22
08-06-2008, 10:43 PM
lol most people would find this using google, but for those who are too lazy or do not know what google is; here ya go ey? I used it flawless. basically what happens is u get to lvl 55 with all guns, perks, and attachments unlocked. Whos up for a game of COD4 on pc? if you are; hit me a pm. I'd love to play witcha!

ey skizo? do ya play?

DeadCell
08-08-2008, 03:57 PM
I worked hard to hit level 55 and get 90% of the challenges done legit, but cause the server I play has never allowed grenade launcher, last stand or marty im short of those challenges. So im gonna do this, thanks Skizo.

Skiz
08-08-2008, 04:04 PM
The easiest way to fulfill your marty challenge is this:

1. Set marty perk.

2. Find server that plays Shipment 24/7 and has like 40+ people currently playing.

3. Stand there and die. :lol:

It took me maybe five minutes to get all 30 kills to finish all 3 phases.

JROQuinn
08-12-2008, 04:12 AM
Geez @ some people... you mod your car, phone, PC & etc correct? This is simply modding a game. If you wanna be a closed minded tit then go right ahead.

Just finsihed installing again. Will give this a shot. thanks.

McBride
09-05-2008, 04:08 PM
I will try this!Thanks

prosnipr
08-25-2009, 01:49 PM
hey, i try to do this but whenever i try to it says " cannot change codkey: error changing the value's somethin or other" so now my guy is stuck a lvl 1 when my friend was a bitch and tried some other rip off lvl 55 hack........

Moksu
08-25-2009, 08:48 PM
hey, i try to do this but whenever i try to it says " cannot change codkey: error changing the value's somethin or other" so now my guy is stuck a lvl 1 when my friend was a bitch and tried some other rip off lvl 55 hack........

maybe its fixed then? :)

Skiz
08-25-2009, 08:56 PM

I think it still works, but you need to do it before you install the newer patches. (1.6, 1.7, etc...)

mozillaboy
09-28-2009, 03:47 PM

Skiz
09-29-2009, 04:19 AM

And it has nothing to do with epenis' or cheating or whatever appellation you'd prefer. Fact is, a lot of players (myself included) don't have the time to commit to a game like CoD4 which requires players to play the game extensively in order to obtain all the basic weapons. This fixes that.

This way anyone can play the game so they can have fun with all the weapons. I had the game for like 4 months and was only at around the 26 rank as I just didn't have time to play.

I play the game to have fun, nothing more.

weedpeople
08-13-2010, 12:15 AM
Thank you ! Didn know this trick

shganghui
08-13-2010, 10:35 AM
Intense games indeed. You need a rest if you wont hurt your eyes.