PDA

View Full Version : To Usenet or not to Usenet...?

faenil
02-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Hi guys I'd like to download Wii games really fast...
Someone told me to pay 10$ to Astraweb to have unlimitated download for one month...

How can I download wii games from a usenet server?
and is a better server for my purpose?

Thx guys ^^

ezzzy
02-01-2008, 05:11 PM
http://www.slyck.com/ng.php there u go

bungeemirth
02-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Hi guys I'd like to download Wii games really fast...
Someone told me to pay 10$ to Astraweb to have unlimitated download for one month...

How can I download wii games from a usenet server?
and is a better server for my purpose?

Thx guys ^^

get a usenet subscription and follow the instructions that that are given by this link
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-newsgroups-79/t-newsgroups-guide-grabit-69159

faenil
02-01-2008, 09:18 PM
which server do u suggest? I have a 2mbps download adsl...and I don't need ssl and 20connections, 2 are enough^^

ezzzy
02-01-2008, 11:00 PM
newshosting.com i use cheapest, good speeds

Skiz
02-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Thread title changed.

"Help me out" tells us nothing.

mesaman
02-01-2008, 11:39 PM
I don't pay Astraweb because my 1.5 mbps DSL ISP has a free server.

UsenetGuy
02-02-2008, 01:04 AM
I don't pay Astraweb because my 1.5 mbps DSL ISP has a free server.

Not sure how that helps the original poster :huh:

bungeemirth
02-02-2008, 03:07 AM
which server do u suggest? I have a 2mbps download adsl...and I don't need ssl and 20connections, 2 are enough^^
does retention period matter to you? if so go with giganews, it is rather expensive compare to its competitors but it's worth the money

faenil
02-02-2008, 01:52 PM
I need it to download wii games ^^ do I need long retention times?

bungeemirth
02-02-2008, 10:55 PM
I need it to download wii games ^^ do I need long retention times?

i guess, if you want to have a better option for games that you can download, plus it's not going to hurt you at all to have a better retention period provider since it would give you an ample selection of things to download, not just for downloading wii games

mesaman
02-03-2008, 05:55 AM
Not sure how that helps the original posterIt's a way of suggesting that the original poster should check with his ISP before paying money. What sometimes happens is this: Someone pops into a forum like this one, says he is new to Usenet and asks what news server to use. He is told to use Giganews, so he spends $25 every month for the next few years for an account. However, it eventually comes to light that his ISP has a contract with a decent provider for outsourced news service, perhaps even from Giganews itself, but he didn't know about it because nobody told him. So, is he upset that he is paying $25 a month for a service that his ISP is already paying for in an outsource deal? It turns out that he isn't upset about it, because he is just putting the monthly Giganews bills on his credit card, and doesn't worry much about how much debt is on the card. I really shouldn't bother with trying to help.

Broken
02-03-2008, 06:13 AM
My ISP contracts with giganews, but there is a 2GB a day cap.
Which to me, is worthless.

I find ISP Usenet service is usually poor. The retention is usually short, with poor completion. Or, as in my case, I would have to do with a limited account.

If someone ask, it'd be rare I'd suggest the use of an ISP's service.
It's rarely worth the breath it would take.