PDA

View Full Version : Two Computers Connected To One Monitor

D!mensio_x
07-30-2003, 09:04 PM
:ph34r: Hi guys,

I've got a little question. I own two computers, but last night the monitor of one of them broke down. I have to bring it to the store to get it repaired, but it probably will take a few weeks before I will get it back. What I would like to know is if it is possible to connect two computers to one monitor, so I can have them runnig at the same time and switch between them as I seem fit.

If this is possible how can I do this and is it also possible to do the same with the keyboard and mouse, however the keyboard and the mouse are not that important. The most inportant thing I want to know is how to connect two computers to one monitor.

Greetz, D!mensio_x. :ph34r:

shadow master
07-31-2003, 03:29 AM
sure just get a switch.

Livy
07-31-2003, 11:08 AM
wha you would need as shadow master said is a switch, they are called kvm switches, (keyboard, video, mouse) but dont get a mechnaical type, with turn know as it may damage your pc, ( heard that somewhere) linksys make a smart one, it quite small and comes with cables etc. there a little expensive, but if u lan on keeping useing it later down the line it may be worth it.

D!mensio_x
07-31-2003, 01:14 PM
:ph34r: OK, thanks for your suggestion. I will look into that.

Greetz, D!mensio_x :ph34r:

bigdawgfoxx
07-31-2003, 10:51 PM
or u could not be lazy and just switch the blue plug hahaha just playin...get a sitch lol

D!mensio_x
08-01-2003, 12:12 AM
:ph34r: The whole reason why I asked this question is to avoid crawling behind my pc's and having to switch that darn cable every 5 minutes or so.

But your suggestion is not that stupid in all. Maybe, to save some money ('cos I understand buying those switches can be quite expensive), I will only buy two extension cables which I can lay out across my desk and keep switching the monitorcable while I'm sitting in my chair.

Saves me some money and the need to crawl below my desk every 5 mins.... lol

Greetz, D!mensio_x. :ph34r: