PDA

View Full Version : just got a seedbox, now what?

dunson
02-02-2008, 01:26 AM
I have no idea what I'm doing, but I want to seed more...

So if anyone has any tips about setting it up and running my torrents through there, I'd appreciate it. Here are the stats:

VPS Centurion 1
VPS / VDS
Processor Standart
Memory: Standart
2.000 MB Webspace
Unlimited Traffic
Full Root Access
100 mbit (Master Server)
2 IP-Adresse
Custom NS Servers
Network secourity
Unlimited Subdomains
Unlimited MySQL-Databases
Confixx Control panel
Plesk (optional)
Red Hat Enterprise 4
Virtuozzo Power Panel
Reboots any time 24/7 (Free)
Repair Console
New installation Web interface
Mulilingual interface
Basic Resselers Panel
Free Email-Support
Minimum 3 Months Contract
Apply

16 € Per/Month

jukesta
02-02-2008, 01:27 AM
wait until it is up, then use Remote desktop... and connect.

if you hve any specific questions, VPS has excellent support.

shrinivas
02-02-2008, 03:39 AM
you got only 2 GB disk space

hangemhigh
02-02-2008, 04:03 AM
I'll learn it if I can use it..
otherwise have no idea.

Tokeman
02-02-2008, 04:22 AM
Now you have the same thing that you have at home, just with a lot less disk space, and a faster line. Set it up how you would if it was a computer at your house I suppose...

markupmaster
02-02-2008, 04:25 AM
Torrent-source.net has a lot of guides that should help you with seeting up your seedbox...

:)

fstokebanget
02-02-2008, 09:55 AM
I have no idea what I'm doing, but I want to seed more...

So if anyone has any tips about setting it up and running my torrents through there, I'd appreciate it. Here are the stats:

VPS Centurion 1

16 € Per/Month

which OS do you use for that ?
I think you'll need to upgrade your hdd space, because for a seedbox, 2GB is too low
And if you use Linux, you could set up rTorrent using my tutorial on my sig

fisherman
02-02-2008, 10:42 AM
Post back when u get the details and we'll help U get it up and running...

2gb for the HD just is not gonna happen..needs to be much bigger...

Also how much RAM has ur server got ? "Standard"?

Try to get minimum 20gb HD or much bigger if U can afford it as U have unlimited bandwidth :)

niceguy4
02-02-2008, 12:38 PM
now what? download pr0n!

fstokebanget
02-02-2008, 01:20 PM
:lol: even 20gb isn't enough for the pr0n :lol:

dunson
02-08-2008, 02:35 PM
I decided not to sign the contract after I receieved a poor response from the seller to my initial questions.
I looked into another one and I don't like the idea of signing up for 3 months right now and I think the RAM & HD are too low for what I usually do.

But thanks for the help. :)

Maybe someone could help me find a good host for my needs. I would like to be able to upload at 2MB+ and I'm in NY, so who should I check out? How much HD space should I get, 50GB+? What about RAM?
Plus, I'm a n00b so I don't know if I need a dedicated server or if I could get something cheaper?

yozshura
02-08-2008, 06:49 PM
What is your budget ? If it's over 80 bucks then a dedicated server is affordable, a celeron 2G with 512Mb ram is the standard. If it's under $50 then go for a VPS.

An advantage of VPS is the RAID10 of the host machine, a raid array is far superior than a normal SATA on a dedicated box. But only reputable providers could offer host machines with raid10.

I recommend you to go to webhostingtalk.com. That place for hosting is like FST for file sharing, you can find reviews of many hosting providers there.

briand5379
02-08-2008, 06:50 PM
What you should get all depends on what your using it for and where your using it at. Ultimately you need to do some research otherwise you'll end up over paying and not getting a decent amount of use for it.