PDA

View Full Version : Moderators

J'Pol
07-30-2003, 10:33 PM
How do you feel about being a mod.

It occurs that this is the internet and it is one of the last uncensored places. Where people can go where they want and do and say what they want.

It occurs that a lot of the people who come here may have many figures of authority in their lives. Those may may be bosses, parents or teachers. For them to come here should be a liberating experience, where they can express themselves.

It occurs that your job is to enforce the rules, where necessary using special powers given to you, to make sure those rules are followed. In effect you are Policing the forum.

How do you feel about being an authority figure. Who can take away people's right to post what they want. In exceptional cases you can remove them from the board and deny them access to their friends altogether.

I just wondered.

Lamsey
07-30-2003, 10:47 PM
Believe me, it's not as fun as it's made out to be.

Ron
07-30-2003, 10:47 PM
I never thought of you to be the person to start a flamewar.
Guess I stand corrected. <_<

Lamsey
07-30-2003, 10:50 PM
I think he was actually being serious, I don&#39;t think this is flame-bait.

Ron
07-30-2003, 10:51 PM
Wait and see.
If it isn&#39;t, I&#39;ll stand corrected once more.

NikkiD
07-30-2003, 10:54 PM
I don&#39;t see it as flame bait either.

JP, sometimes it&#39;s fun, you know, the easy stuff like moving around threads and such.

Other times it can be very taxing, and we do get a bad rap at times for doing our jobs, but we took on the responsibility, and do it the best we can.

MagicNakor
07-30-2003, 10:56 PM
It doesn&#39;t read like flame-bait. ;)

Being a mod really and truly is probably one of the biggest pains that someone can do on the Internet. Now, I&#39;m not a mod here, but I have been elsewhere. And people are constantly PMing you to whine and bitch. Or do something for them. And then there&#39;s the overt favourtism of the admin, and abuses of power by the admin&#39;s favourites (because they can Do No Harm). I&#39;m not sure if that&#39;s how it is here, but that&#39;s been my experience.

:ninja:

J'Pol
07-30-2003, 10:56 PM
Are you accusing me of trolling.

Please point out which part of my thesis is designed purely to draw flame.

As my friend pointed out it is a serious question. Have you never thought that ?

RPerry
07-30-2003, 10:57 PM
I might need to pay this topic a visit again in a week or two, I&#39;m too new to answer it honestly. However, any assumptions that I would enjoy doing anything to hurt someone else are totally wrong. I do however enjoy being part of the forum B)

Lamsey
07-30-2003, 10:58 PM
How do you feel about being an authority figure. Who can take away people&#39;s right to post what they want. In exceptional cases you can remove them from the board and deny them access to their friends altogether.

I think it is this paragraph that could be taken the wrong way, but I would imagine that Ron realises it&#39;s not flamebait now. :)

JONNO_CELEBS
07-30-2003, 10:59 PM
I know I would never be asked (to weird :lol: )
But to be perfectly honest I&#39;m not sure if I&#39;d want to :unsure:
I enjoy flitting about the lounge having fun and these guys and Girl ;) have a lot to do and little time to do it in........it can&#39;t be that easy so with that said.....

Hats Off To The Mods

:) :)

Jonno B)

J'Pol
07-30-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD@30 July 2003 - 23:54
I don&#39;t see it as flame bait either.

JP, sometimes it&#39;s fun, you know, the easy stuff like moving around threads and such.

Other times it can be very taxing, and we do get a bad rap at times for doing our jobs, but we took on the responsibility, and do it the best we can.
It&#39;s taxing because you all do it well and take it seriously.

It would be the easiest thing in the world to just rule with a rod of iron. However the impression I get is that you do all consider that it is real people you are dealing with and not just pixels on a screen.

J'Pol
07-30-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@30 July 2003 - 23:59
I know I would never be asked (to weird :lol: )
But to be perfectly honest I&#39;m not sure if I&#39;d want to :unsure:
I enjoy flitting about the lounge having fun and these guys and Girl ;) have a lot to do and little time to do it in........it can&#39;t be that easy so with that said.....

Hats Off To The Mods

:) :)

Jonno B)
Exactly.

They sacrifice their freedom to "tell it like it is" to ensure the board runs well

Without being heavy handed.

How difficult is that.

Lamsey
07-30-2003, 11:04 PM
Very.

Imagine another hunting discussion came along? I would have to hold my tongue and be impartial - just about as difficult as anything I can imagine.

NikkiD
07-30-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@30 July 2003 - 18:58

How do you feel about being an authority figure. Who can take away people&#39;s right to post what they want. In exceptional cases you can remove them from the board and deny them access to their friends altogether.

I think it is this paragraph that could be taken the wrong way, but I would imagine that Ron realises it&#39;s not flamebait now. :)
That&#39;s actually the part I don&#39;t like. I don&#39;t want to be seen as an authority figure, as I don&#39;t see myself that way. I&#39;d rather see myself as a peacekeeper than someone "policing". I think it&#39;s more a case of keeping things running as smoothly as possible, make sure everyone is getting along as best they can. I don&#39;t like having to "slap someone&#39;s hand" as it were, and when I have to do it, I try to be as polite as possible when I PM someone about negative behaviour.

Proper Bo
07-30-2003, 11:06 PM
I don&#39;t see you as an authority figure NikkiD :P Just a nude one :D
Ooops, i apologise for this mini hijacking if this was a serious thread

JONNO_CELEBS
Originally posted by JPaul@30 July 2003 - 23:01

Exactly.

They sacrifice their freedom to "tell it like it is" to ensure the board runs well

Without being heavy handed.

How difficult is that.
Wow, does that mean I actually posted something creative and helpful to the thread?? :blink:

Me feels ill now :lol: :lol:

Seriously tho, they do a great job and at times get a lot of stick for it, but could you imagine this place without them? :ph34r:

I would not be here for a start :ph34r:

Jonno B)

J'Pol
Originally posted by Lamsey@31 July 2003 - 00:04
Very.

Imagine another hunting discussion came along? I would have to hold my tongue and be impartial - just about as difficult as anything I can imagine.
I am willing to wage a substantial sum that you could manage it.

It&#39;s just the sort of person you are.

Skillian
Do you feel you have to hold your tongue on contoversial topics now? I guess that would be a real disadvantage to being a mod, feeling unable to post as freely as you once did.

RPerry
07-30-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD@30 July 2003 - 19:05
That&#39;s actually the part I don&#39;t like. I don&#39;t want to be seen as an authority figure, as I don&#39;t see myself that way.
Actually, NikkiD with handcuffs sounds pretty kinky to me :lol:

NikkiD
07-30-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Skillian@30 July 2003 - 19:06
Do you feel you have to hold your tongue on contoversial topics now? I guess that would be a real disadvantage to being a mod, feeling unable to post as freely as you once did.
At times, yes. There have been debates where I&#39;ve had very strong opinions, but stayed out of, because I have too appear impartial and not take sides.

Lamsey
07-30-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Skillian@31 July 2003 - 00:06
If I had my way not only would &#39;nahan&#39; be banned, he would also be rotting in a cell somewhere simply for being such an utterly horrific person.

However, those are my feelings, not my evaluation as a mod. As a mod, I say he&#39;s a troll who we have to watch carefully.

As far as I am concerned, I leave negative emotions at the door when I come here, because they get in the way of doing my job.

J'Pol
07-30-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD+31 July 2003 - 00:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NikkiD @ 31 July 2003 - 00:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Skillian@30 July 2003 - 19:06
At times, yes. There have been debates where I&#39;ve had very strong opinions, but stayed out of, because I have too appear impartial and not take sides. [/b][/quote]
That would make you a Judge.

Your job being to adjudicate on points of law (rules) and not points of fact (opinions).

Ron
Originally posted by RPerry+31 July 2003 - 01:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RPerry @ 31 July 2003 - 01:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NikkiD@30 July 2003 - 19:05
That&#39;s actually the part I don&#39;t like. I don&#39;t want to be seen as an authority figure, as I don&#39;t see myself that way.
Actually, NikkiD with handcuffs sounds pretty kinky to me :lol: [/b][/quote]
:swear: :flame: :swear: :flame:

Illuminati
First thing - Even with JPaul&#39;s reputation of a venom tongue, this does seem like one of his serious moments, ala not flame bait.

Anyway - The way I see it, the moderators acknowledge and know that when they become mods, they have more power than regular members but also a greater responsibility & duty. They know what their job entails (either immediately and over time), and know what their actions can do to others, whether intentional or not. Of course, AFAIK they also have the opportunity to step down at any time if they feel they&#39;d only be damaging the place - I&#39;ve seen it in a few areas so I guess it&#39;s the same here*.

Don&#39;t ask me how I know - I was moderator/admin for a few other boards. It seems like a general thing for all mods, but it could be different for here.

*Before anyone asks, yes - I have been a fallen-from-grace moderator on one forum before, by my own request :( That&#39;s how I know it happens

Illuminati
07-30-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by RPerry+31 July 2003 - 00:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RPerry @ 31 July 2003 - 00:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NikkiD@30 July 2003 - 19:05
Actually, NikkiD with handcuffs sounds pretty kinky to me :lol: [/b][/quote]
God, I wish there was a whip smilie right now... :w00t:

Ron
Originally posted by JPaul+31 July 2003 - 01:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul @ 31 July 2003 - 01:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by NikkiD@31 July 2003 - 00:09
<!--QuoteBegin-Skillian@30 July 2003 - 19:06
At times, yes. There have been debates where I&#39;ve had very strong opinions, but stayed out of, because I have too appear impartial and not take sides.

Your job being to adjudicate on points of law (rules) and not points of fact (opinions). [/b][/quote]
I agree with that, and hereby offer my apologies for thinking you were trying to star a flamewar. :(

J'Pol
Originally posted by Lamsey+31 July 2003 - 00:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 31 July 2003 - 00:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Skillian@31 July 2003 - 00:06
If I had my way not only would &#39;nahan&#39; be banned, he would also be rotting in a cell somewhere simply for being such an utterly horrific person.

However, those are my feelings, not my evaluation as a mod. As a mod, I say he&#39;s a troll who we have to watch carefully.

As far as I am concerned, I leave negative emotions at the door when I come here, because they get in the way of doing my job. [/b][/quote]
You use the phrase "doing my job". That implies effort.

Honest question to you and the other mods. I would appreciate an honest answer. I know I will get one.

Is it as much fun as it used to be, before you became a mod.

Lamsey
07-30-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by JPaul@31 July 2003 - 00:14
When we don&#39;t have to moderate people, it&#39;s fine. We just spend a little more time cleanig up and helping people out.

When we start havng to deal with people who are causing problems, Board Life becomes turgid.

J'Pol
07-30-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Ron+31 July 2003 - 00:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ron @ 31 July 2003 - 00:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by JPaul@31 July 2003 - 01:12

Your job being to adjudicate on points of law (rules) and not points of fact (opinions).
I agree with that, and hereby offer my apologies for thinking you were trying to star a flamewar. :( [/b][/quote]
Not a problem. I can see why you would think that.

J'Pol
07-30-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey+31 July 2003 - 00:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 31 July 2003 - 00:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@31 July 2003 - 00:14
When we don&#39;t have to moderate people, it&#39;s fine. We just spend a little more time cleanig up and helping people out.

When we start havng to deal with people who are causing problems, Board Life becomes turgid. [/b][/quote]
Turgid ?

Ron
07-30-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Ron@31 July 2003 - 01:14
I agree with that, and hereby offer my apologies for thinking you were trying to star a flamewar. :(
I meant , of course, "starT a flamewar, not star one. :rolleyes:

Lamsey
07-30-2003, 11:20 PM
Yes. I hate having to clean up the mess when we get spammed, or agonising over just how to word a PM in order to get the correct message across to a troublesome member.
It takes a lot of effort just making sure that what you&#39;re saying can&#39;t be taken the wrong way - something which I find particularly difficult due to my poor empathic skills :(

edit: star a flamewar? ---&#62; :ninja: :flame:

NikkiD
Originally posted by JPaul+30 July 2003 - 19:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul @ 30 July 2003 - 19:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

Your job being to adjudicate on points of law (rules) and not points of fact (opinions). [/b][/quote]
Well yes in a way I suppose, but more to make sure that the topic remains debate and doesn&#39;t turn into insult/flaming due to differing opinions. I just choose not to voice my own in those situations.

J'Pol
Originally posted by Lamsey+31 July 2003 - 00:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 31 July 2003 - 00:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Skillian@31 July 2003 - 00:06

As far as I am concerned, I leave negative emotions at the door when I come here, because they get in the way of doing my job. [/b][/quote]
Forgive me for pointing this out young bean, but you appear to have expressed an opinion via the back door.

I hope this is not an exploitation of a lacuna at my expense.

JONNO_CELEBS
07-30-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati@30 July 2003 - 23:14

God, I wish there was a whip smilie right now... :w00t: [/quote]
You mean like this one..........http://www.sheringhamsurf.org.uk/forums/html/emoticons/whipit.gif

Like I said, you all do a grand job and are not apreciated enough, bit like coppers really........only much more efficient ;) .....and fun :)

Me apreciates the mods :)

Come on then hit me with the &#39;Creep&#39; stuff :rolleyes:

Jonno B)

Lamsey
07-30-2003, 11:22 PM
I was just using it as an example. He knows I despise him heartily, so it&#39;s not a problem.

(I flamed the hell out of him in the days before I was a mod).

edit: Jonno, you&#39;re a creep ;)

J'Pol
07-30-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD+31 July 2003 - 00:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NikkiD @ 31 July 2003 - 00:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by JPaul@30 July 2003 - 19:12

Well yes in a way I suppose, but more to make sure that the topic remains debate and doesn&#39;t turn into insult/flaming due to differing opinions. I just choose not to voice my own in those situations. [/b][/quote]
That would appear to be the only reasonable way as far as I can see.

To blatantly take sides would make the very name "moderator" a joke.

Skillian
07-30-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by JPaul+31 July 2003 - 00:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul @ 31 July 2003 - 00:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

That&#39;s the way I saw it too, but I guess it&#39;s a case of not just doing the right thing, but being seen to do the right thing.

It is certainly a shame though, I have seen all the mods as regular members except jetje, CornerPocket and El Jefe (missed by all I think), and I know they must miss being able to post without restrictions. I hope they enjoy being on the board just as much, even if it may be in a different way.

J'Pol
07-30-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@31 July 2003 - 00:21

God, I wish there was a whip smilie right now... :w00t:
You mean like this one..........http://www.sheringhamsurf.org.uk/forums/html/emoticons/whipit.gif

Like I said, you all do a grand job and are not apreciated enough, bit like coppers really........only much more efficient ;) .....and fun :)

Me apreciates the mods :)

Come on then hit me with the &#39;Creep&#39; stuff :rolleyes:

Jonno B) [/quote]
To express an honest opinion does not make you a creep.

It makes you someone who says what they believe, rather than treat life as some sort of popularity contest.

J'Pol
07-30-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Skillian@31 July 2003 - 00:24

That&#39;s the way I saw it too, but I guess it&#39;s a case of not just doing the right thing, but being seen to do the right thing.

Good point, well presented.

I couldn&#39;t have said it better myself.

If that&#39;s not being damned by faint praise.

Illuminati
07-30-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by JPaul@31 July 2003 - 00:24

It makes you someone who says what they believe, rather than treat life as some sort of popularity contest.
Heh - I actually have a saying of my own when it comes to talking about that;

"I&#39;d rather be an independent thinker and be considered a freak than be a sheep and follow the herd off the cliff" ;)

J'Pol
07-30-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati+31 July 2003 - 00:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Illuminati @ 31 July 2003 - 00:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@31 July 2003 - 00:24

"I&#39;d rather be an independent thinker and be considered a freak than be a sheep and follow the herd off the cliff" ;) [/b][/quote]
Wouldn&#39;t that be flock ?

Illuminati
07-30-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by JPaul+31 July 2003 - 00:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul @ 31 July 2003 - 00:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Illuminati@31 July 2003 - 00:29
<!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@31 July 2003 - 00:24

"I&#39;d rather be an independent thinker and be considered a freak than be a sheep and follow the herd off the cliff" ;)
Wouldn&#39;t that be flock ? [/b][/quote]
You always have to go for the technicalities :P

RPerry
07-30-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by JPaul@30 July 2003 - 19:30
maybe there was a bunch of cows mixed in with the sheep?? :huh:

Lamsey
07-30-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by RPerry+31 July 2003 - 00:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RPerry @ 31 July 2003 - 00:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@30 July 2003 - 19:30
maybe there was a bunch of cows mixed in with the sheep?? :huh: [/b][/quote]
Oy&#33; N00b mod&#33; Get back to work, you. What do you think you&#39;re doing, posting in the Lounge? You&#39;ve got work to do&#33;

And get me a drink, I&#39;m dry over here&#33;

:P :D

JONNO_CELEBS
07-30-2003, 11:35 PM
Wow this thread has gone nuts :blink:

Right........There are 10 mods right?? Not entirly sure on that :blink:

In my opinion that is not enough for a board of this size, that works out about 3864 members to deal with EACH :blink:

That is a lot of work and don&#39;t get me wrong...you guys do a great job, but it&#39;s a bit like sending ten coppers to a football match between Millwall and Chelsea :blink:

Now that&#39;s quite scary when you think about that..........3864 members EACH :blink:

Well done guys........you very brave :)

Jonno B)

J'Pol
07-30-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati+31 July 2003 - 00:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Illuminati @ 31 July 2003 - 00:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by JPaul@31 July 2003 - 00:30

You always have to go for the technicalities :P [/b][/quote]
I can only apologise for actually reading what you go to the bother of writing.

I didn&#39;t realise it wasn&#39;t the norm.

Lamsey
07-30-2003, 11:37 PM
There are far fewer active members than there are in total, Jonno, it&#39;s not as scary as it looks :)

NikkiD
07-30-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@30 July 2003 - 19:37
There are far fewer active members than there are in total, Jonno, it&#39;s not as scary as it looks :)
That&#39;s true. If you look at the number of members who actually post, it&#39;s not even close to that. I&#39;m sure a lot of those members just registered to get to the verified sections, nothing more.

Illuminati
07-30-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by JPaul+31 July 2003 - 00:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul @ 31 July 2003 - 00:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Illuminati@31 July 2003 - 00:31

I didn&#39;t realise it wasn&#39;t the norm. [/b][/quote]
Relax - Seeing the rise of immaturity in recently-joined members, the thought of someone actually paying attention and responding to a post instead of just putting their own stubborn opinions has eroded in my mind :D

But you knew what I meant about the saying in the first place ;)

RPerry
07-30-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@30 July 2003 - 19:34
Oy&#33; N00b mod&#33; Get back to work, you. What do you think you&#39;re doing, posting in the Lounge? You&#39;ve got work to do&#33;

And get me a drink, I&#39;m dry over here&#33;

:P :D
#1 are you sure you want me loose on the board drinking this??

#2 was I supposed to share? :lol:

http://galleries.vinyamar.com/ps/show.php?id=tVx3kih1WApkLXtYHUQfl1z7g&ext=.jpg

Lamsey
07-30-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati+31 July 2003 - 00:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Illuminati @ 31 July 2003 - 00:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by JPaul@31 July 2003 - 00:36

Relax - Seeing the rise of immaturity in recently-joined members, the thought of someone actually paying attention and responding to a post instead of just putting their own stubborn opinions has eroded in my mind :D

But you knew what I meant about the saying in the first place ;) [/b][/quote]
Time for your card Illuminati. Congratulations - you wouldn&#39;t let this one get away would you?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/roy.wills/Cymoril/K-Lite/Hijack.jpg

Lamsey
07-30-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by RPerry@31 July 2003 - 00:43
I prefer it with coke actually, Bacardi is a little sharp when neat.

RPerry
07-30-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@30 July 2003 - 19:45
I prefer it with coke actually, Bacardi is a little sharp when neat.
I would post another pic, but I&#39;m still trying to put out the :flame:

J'Pol
07-30-2003, 11:46 PM
Bacardi is a burds drink. I always thought RP was a guy.

Illuminati
07-30-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey+31 July 2003 - 00:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey &#064; 31 July 2003 - 00:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Illuminati@31 July 2003 - 00:40

Originally posted by JPaul@31 July 2003 - 00:36

But you knew what I meant about the saying in the first place ;)
Time for your card Illuminati. Congratulations - you wouldn&#39;t let this one get away would you?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/roy.wills/Cymoril/K-Lite/Hijack.jpg [/b][/quote]
Course not - Thanks for reminding me ;)

<clears his throat>
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/roy.wills/Cymoril/K-Lite/Hijack.jpg
Should have seen the opportunity myself, but it&#39;s still an opportunity :devil:

EDIT - Hey, you little git&#33; Get your own Hijacked card :P

J'Pol
07-30-2003, 11:48 PM
OMG

I have been spammed by the mods.

They must be human after all.

Lamsey
07-30-2003, 11:50 PM
Oh, that&#39;s a point, Bender&#39;s technically not human - which is why you see his personal feeling about ketchup being ranted.

/me wonders about Rat Faced.... :huh:

NikkiD
07-30-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by RPerry@30 July 2003 - 19:43
I see you still haven&#39;t cut your hair. I should have done it myself. *sigh*

And when was the last time you shaved? I mean Rob, you&#39;re a mod now. You&#39;re supposed to look respectable.

@ JPaul - yeah, we can spam too. We&#39;ve had pointers from some of the very best in the field remember.

JONNO_CELEBS
07-30-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey+30 July 2003 - 23:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 30 July 2003 - 23:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RPerry@31 July 2003 - 00:43
I prefer it with coke actually, Bacardi is a little sharp when neat. [/b][/quote]
Now there&#39;s the drink that frequently gets me in trouble, but i agree Lamsey........
With Coke..........Pint glass half and half.........straight down onto the next B)

@Jpaul........Yeah......ain&#39;t it cool B) :lol: :lol:

Jonno B)

Illuminati
07-30-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD@31 July 2003 - 00:50
I mean Rob, you&#39;re a mod now. You&#39;re supposed to look respectable.
Then how can Lamsey get away with it then? :huh:

Lamsey
07-30-2003, 11:53 PM
I&#39;m 18, I&#39;m supposed to look scruffy :P

Illuminati
07-30-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@31 July 2003 - 00:53
You&#39;ve got a bird to straighten you out and remove all your liberties - You can&#39;t use that as an excuse :P

(I&#39;m gonna be on moderation by the end of the month for taking the piss out of several mods, aren&#39;t I? :huh:)

J'Pol
07-30-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@31 July 2003 - 00:53
But not mental.

RPerry
07-30-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD@30 July 2003 - 19:50
And when was the last time you shaved? I mean Rob, you&#39;re a mod now. You&#39;re supposed to look respectable.

I swear, it must be a trick of the light, I just shaved this morning.....

As for cutting my hair, you have to come down here to do it, and thats the only way its coming off :P

NikkiD
Originally posted by NikkiD@30 July 2003 - 19:50
Wait...

/me runs to delete the naughty pics thread

Okay. Now I can say it :D

J'Pol
Originally posted by Illuminati+31 July 2003 - 00:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Illuminati @ 31 July 2003 - 00:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lamsey@31 July 2003 - 00:53
You&#39;ve got a bird to straighten you out and remove all your liberties - You can&#39;t use that as an excuse :P

(I&#39;m gonna be on moderation by the end of the month for taking the piss out of several mods, aren&#39;t I? :huh:) [/b][/quote]
If that happens I&#39;ll meet you in the pub.

Illuminati
07-30-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by RPerry+31 July 2003 - 00:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RPerry @ 31 July 2003 - 00:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NikkiD@30 July 2003 - 19:50

As for cutting my hair, you have to come down here to do it, and thats the only way its coming off :P [/b][/quote]
<Me sneaks into RPerry&#39;s home slash-horror style with a pair of shears... :devil:>

JONNO_CELEBS
07-30-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by RPerry+30 July 2003 - 23:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RPerry @ 30 July 2003 - 23:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NikkiD@30 July 2003 - 19:50

[/b][/quote]
I had a shave the other day ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I actually think I might have a haircut soon.......I&#39;m starting to look like a hippy :blink: ............Cool B)

Jonno B)

MagicNakor
07-30-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@31 July 2003 - 00:20

edit: star a flamewar? ---&#62; :ninja: :flame:
Are you insinuating something, Lamsey?

:ninja:

NikkiD
07-30-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by RPerry+30 July 2003 - 19:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RPerry @ 30 July 2003 - 19:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NikkiD@30 July 2003 - 19:50

As for cutting my hair, you have to come down here to do it, and thats the only way its coming off :P [/b][/quote]
Then what is that above your lip? You&#39;re not growing the mustache back are you. Please... :(

Lamsey
07-31-2003, 12:00 AM
With the moustache, he looks like one of the Good Ol&#39; Boys from The Blues Brothers :lol:

NikkiD
07-31-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@30 July 2003 - 19:58
I had a shave the other day ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, it was quite the topic of discussion as I recall :D

NikkiD
07-31-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Lamsey@30 July 2003 - 20:00
With the moustache, he looks like one of the Good Ol&#39; Boys from The Blues Brothers :lol:
I know. :&#39;(

RPerry
07-31-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by NikkiD@30 July 2003 - 19:59
As for cutting my hair, you have to come down here to do it, and thats the only way its coming off :P
Then what is that above your lip? You&#39;re not growing the mustache back are you. Please... :( [/quote]
well...... I don&#39;t have your skin pads here, and I told you I didn&#39;t like my face breaking out like that...

again, there is one way for you to fix it B)

ThunderBolt>>>
07-31-2003, 12:06 AM
I think the Mods do an excellent job, Being on scene and then making that right decision can&#39;t be easy.
Glad i am a good boy :lol:
Respect to the Mods, Free beer at our house&#33; http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Sheringham%20surf/jonnoboob.gif :lol: :lol:

NikkiD
07-31-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by RPerry@30 July 2003 - 20:03
well...... I don&#39;t have your skin pads here, and I told you I didn&#39;t like my face breaking out like that...

again, there is one way for you to fix it B)
I&#39;m starting sound like I&#39;m your wife or something aren&#39;t I. I&#39;ll stop nagging you now.

RPerry
07-31-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by NikkiD@30 July 2003 - 20:07
I&#39;m starting sound like I&#39;m your wife or something aren&#39;t I. I&#39;ll stop nagging you now.
No, no, no..

Wife could be a good thing, by all means please continue :P

NikkiD
07-31-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by RPerry+30 July 2003 - 20:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RPerry @ 30 July 2003 - 20:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NikkiD@30 July 2003 - 20:07
No, no, no..

Wife could be a good thing, by all means please continue :P [/b][/quote]
Put down that Bacardi then&#33;&#33; You know how I hate it when you&#39;re drunk. And did you finish cutting the grass yet?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(((Rob)))

Ron
07-31-2003, 12:48 AM
Don&#39;t marryhm NikkiD&#33;&#33;&#33;
He&#39;s on the booze, the pic proves it&#33;
I&#39;m not though. :-"

RPerry
07-31-2003, 12:53 AM
I have no intention of getting drunk, nice buzz will do :lol: the 151 is almost gone so, i&#39;ll honor your first request shortly, no I didn&#39;t finish cutting the grass, I had the bullcrap interview in Orlando. and now I&#39;m off to play pool B)

((((((Nikki))))))

NikkiD
07-31-2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by RPerry@30 July 2003 - 20:53
I have no intention of getting drunk, nice buzz will do :lol: the 151 is almost gone so, i&#39;ll honor your first request shortly, no I didn&#39;t finish cutting the grass, I had the bullcrap interview in Orlando. and now I&#39;m off to play pool B)

((((((Nikki))))))
Just like a husband. Shirking his responsibilities to go drink and have fun, leaving me here with all the work.

:lol:

Have fun sweetie.

brotherdoobie
07-31-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by JPaul@30 July 2003 - 18:46
Bacardi is a burds drink. I always thought RP was a guy.
Drinking rum straight is a burds(bird?) drink :blink:
tough bird&#33; ;)
Thats 151 proof :blink:

Peace brotherdoobie :lol:

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
07-31-2003, 08:38 AM

Look at this hoodlum.....clean yourself up son&#33;

NikkiD
07-31-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@31 July 2003 - 04:38

Look at this hoodlum.....clean yourself up son&#33;
TY FC. Someone agrees&#33;&#33; :D

Sephres
07-31-2003, 03:27 PM
?

Ron
07-31-2003, 03:28 PM
Nice post. :blink:

Rat Faced
07-31-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD
I see you still haven&#39;t cut your hair. I should have done it myself. *sigh*

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jetje
07-31-2003, 10:31 PM
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Sheringham%20surf/jonnoboob.gif

How can i not react on this... seeing this picture &#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

Well i&#39;m going to rehijack the thread.. back to Jpaul&#39;s question...

Life as a mod.. well it is certainly different as just a "regular" member.
Although i still like to see myself and the fellow mods as regulars...
It is not quite the same. I think Lamsey said it before, you are a bit more keen on what and how you post in some topics. I left some topics just because of that however i did have strong opinions on some topics. Btw on the serious stuff i also have the language barrier that sometimes make it difficult enough to express your thoughts and feelings on some subjects. What kinda disturbs me is that if you disagree on some serious stuff there are always some members that come out and abuse you of "yeah because your a mod ..." or say things like your a mod and say things like that... i left the sicko topics for those reasons. Also in some heated debates you always keep somewhere in your mind that at some point you may have to interfer, if you already participated in a thread and have taken a stand that sometimes is and will be used against you. Sometimes mods are accused of censorship. They accuse you sometimes even if you didn&#39;t participate &#33;
Well multiple stuff, i was got myself in a pretty big fight on the board and i refused to back down on that, and was so angry i used words i normally never use..
Well you can imagine the other guy threw that back into my face, saying a mod shouldn&#39;t use that, mod unworthy... but hey, as i said we&#39;re just members too..
Well biggest difference i noticed that i feel far more responsible for the board, the atmosphere on the board, the uptime, the behaviour of members and the fair treatment of all the members... far more then i had before. Probably totally unnecessary (and i can&#39;t control it anyway) but somehow i feel that way.
Because of that i spent way to much time in here ;)
Well the being a forum copper :D never felt that way.. always tried to do what&#39;s best for the members and the board. If hard measures had to be taken i supported those, but also always tried to be fair. I like to give people 2nd chances, but if they pushed that, then it is their problem not mine... I don&#39;t feel bad if they f*cked up. Think that just the same as most regulars think about actions taken.
The janitor job is another one... still can&#39;t imagine so little people read stuff and post wrong... the damn cleaning job takes way to much time.. Also some ongoing discussions/flamewars like for example the gameconsoles is unbelievable to me..
Why not just enjoy what you have and let another one enjoy his ;) The spam... ah i get used to it, so every once in a while we have someone... pm&#39;s luckely solve most problems with that. As far as postcount... well i really don&#39;t care. I know the members about what they post and not how many times they posted.
Censorship is something i took out of my book long ago. never censor members, maybe clean up a post sometimes taking out vocabulary that is inapropiate :rolleyes: If stuff goes to far or are offensive to other members (or we get a lot of complaints about) i close topics, but always leave my personal opinion on the subject out of those decissions. I take those decissions on objective reasons. If there is doubt on such stuff the teamchat (mod room) is the place where we discuss those topics. Like we did on the abortion and hunting post.
Well basicly that&#39;s it. I don&#39;t feel bad or good about being an "authority figure"
in the end we&#39;ll all die and this will make no difference to that.
I only like to take out one misunderstanding which actually has been asked quite a lot:
No we do not get payed for doing this.. :lol:

And yes it takes a lot more time then many people think, and yes sometimes i wish i was just a regular member and didn&#39;t have to worry how to handle a case or the board...

J'Pol
07-31-2003, 10:40 PM
That was the point of me starting this thread, to maybe let people see things from the mods perspective.

Please go to the bother of reading JJ&#39;s post. Please also remember that he is doing this in a second language, unlike most of you.

First ever Top Mod of the Day Award goes to bouncy mod.

Lamsey
07-31-2003, 10:45 PM
Yo puedo escribir en una idioma segunda, pero muchas personas no me entenderķan... :unsure:

J'Pol
07-31-2003, 10:58 PM
You have no chance, multi-lingual boy.

Illuminati
07-31-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by jetje@31 July 2003 - 23:31
And yes it takes a lot more time then many people think, and yes sometimes i wish i was just a regular member and didn&#39;t have to worry how to handle a case or the board...
Anyone else placing a fiver on that a noob will be reading that and instantly offering to take the job off jetje <_<

BTW don&#39;t even get any ideas jet&#33; :P

Mr JP Fugley
04-06-2007, 09:14 PM
For newer Mods.

thewizeard
04-06-2007, 09:23 PM
This is a perfect example of JPol's trolling, he just uses longer time frame, than the rest of us mortals. Then he planted the seed nearly 4 years ago... watch this plant grow now. Keep your eyes on this thread the coming days, it might even be worth a subscription!.

thewizeard
04-07-2007, 09:56 AM
..I could be wrong...