PDA

View Full Version : My story / lesson....

deathking81
02-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Some of you may know I got an FTN invite from a giveaway on FST. Well, I was in the FTN channel and i was talking to a user, and we were talking about the movie Fight Club. I told him to talk to me in a different IRC channel because i was more active on that one. We became good friends, and he told me he was sharing his FTN account with a friend, and after he buffered it his friend changed the details on him, and he had a seedbox and 12 hours before i told him he could buffer my account. We were friends, and he buffered 50gb of my account, and it worked for 3 days more till it got disabled. FTN got hacked and i couldnt go on IRC, then I finally got on IRC and talked to a mod. The 50gb buffer was cheated, there were many hit and runs on my account, and the account was shared which was a big offense. I luckily got my FTN account back but this is a lesson that I have learned and hopefully if anyone will actually read what I typed, it will help them, NEVER SHARE YOUR ACCOUNT!
~PS, ftn staff pwn :)

fstokebanget
02-02-2008, 05:37 PM
if you do want to share your account, do that with your friends in your life, not on the internet

mera
02-02-2008, 05:37 PM
It's good to hear you got your account back and I think you were pretty lucky there :). Thanks for sharing your experience, hopefully it will remind others out there to be more cautious about these things.

Nemrod
02-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Glad you recovered your account and glad you learned the lesson. ;)
As Iīve said before, itīs always bad to cheat or whatever, but doing it to F*N is double crime.

The Gladiator
02-02-2008, 05:39 PM
That's a lesson, a good one with a good final which is nice but not everyone can have this luck so try to follow his advice to avoid this situations.

Thanks for sharing your story :)

jasperr
02-02-2008, 05:39 PM
well, i'm glad you got your account back ..... it's deffinatly not a good thing to share your account like that.... i wouldn't trust anyone in that manner.. not even friends IRL... i take care of my accounts.. and i know no one else will do it like i do.... soo with no offense to anyone..i just don't do it... cause as in your case you never know..

take better care with protect your trackers and yourself... i think many will find this story usefull to them.. :)

cheers

mrnobody
02-02-2008, 05:41 PM
now go seed all your H n' R torrents :P

jasperr
02-02-2008, 05:47 PM
now go seed all your H n' R torrents :P

i agree with da squirr3l.... that will save your butt in that department.... at least

Tokeman
02-02-2008, 05:58 PM
I wouldn't share any of my accounts, ever. I have very few RL friends in the torrent world, but the ones I do have I trust highly. That is why I invite them when I am able. If invites aren't available, too bad for them, I can still dl stuff for them.

Why even bother with a buffer on a site with no ratio anyway? Were you just trying to up your user status or what? I don't understand....

I am very glad you got you account back, and hope you will show it the respect it deserves.

Quarter
02-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Things like that always happen.
But don't get me wrong, friends threw the net can be great, some of them you can really trust and others.. well...

fstokebanget
02-02-2008, 06:16 PM
yes, I do also agree with this, I have many friends on the internet that would do only good

grimms
02-02-2008, 06:21 PM
It's good that you've learned your lesson but i would never share my account with anybody. Not even my wife. Thats a lesson that should be well learned. Don't trust a soul with your accounts. Just for safety purposes.

Giveaway
02-02-2008, 07:27 PM
well, dude shame on you
i wouldnt share my ftn account ;)

SgtMajor
02-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Latest news, bears shit in the woods.

svr
02-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Thats what you get for sharing with strangers. Lucky you got it back but ftn staff still want to kil you :)

monk3y
02-02-2008, 11:34 PM
You are lucky ftn staff are good people, try doing that on bitmetv and you probably won't live to see the next day ( no i'm not kidding, well even if you breath without their permission they disable your account so meeeh nvm ), just try keeping it save and not breaking any other rules.

F3n1x
02-02-2008, 11:39 PM
You are lucky, i dont share my accounts with any person in web, i only my accounts some with my bro, he live in my home so he only put what he want in utorrent ;) nothing more.

SAM
02-02-2008, 11:56 PM
good to hear that you got your account back and thx for the tip :)

fatcat69
02-03-2008, 07:14 AM
Some of you may know I got an FTN invite from a giveaway on FST. Well, I was in the FTN channel and i was talking to a user, and we were talking about the movie Fight Club. I told him to talk to me in a different IRC channel because i was more active on that one. We became good friends, and he told me he was sharing his FTN account with a friend, and after he buffered it his friend changed the details on him, and he had a seedbox and 12 hours before i told him he could buffer my account. We were friends, and he buffered 50gb of my account, and it worked for 3 days more till it got disabled. FTN got hacked and i couldnt go on IRC, then I finally got on IRC and talked to a mod. The 50gb buffer was cheated, there were many hit and runs on my account, and the account was shared which was a big offense. I luckily got my FTN account back but this is a lesson that I have learned and hopefully if anyone will actually read what I typed, it will help them, NEVER SHARE YOUR ACCOUNT!
~PS, ftn staff pwn :)

Glad to see justice,

But you can share with people you trust. For Example. I buffer my friends accounts for them on a few equal or higher level trackers. All I did was give mods heads up, and they were cool about it....

Just make sure the person you are taking a risk for takes just as big a risk for you. Also helps if you are known around the tracker incase someshit does happen.

ose
02-03-2008, 07:16 AM
50 GB bufffer that's impressive

dinko
02-03-2008, 07:22 AM
there are few good guys to trust & bad guys to just shit with a/c but why fall for such pit , to get few buffer ?

just wait for your own a/c buffer with own seed ,thats honest way to safe .

Dark Archon
02-03-2008, 07:45 AM
shit u never told me that....wth man!