PDA

View Full Version : utorrent change again on sct

bunny67
02-02-2008, 07:29 PM
uTorrent versions below 1.7.7 and uTorrent 1.8 alpha build 8205 are now banned
This is because of another remotely exploitable crashbug that was discovered (and it does crash 1.6 versions as well, not just 1.7 like the previous exploit, even with encrypted connections)

Hrvoje
02-02-2008, 07:31 PM
omfmgofmgofmgof

VIZFX
02-02-2008, 07:41 PM
The same goes for a few other sites. Its not just sct

bunny67
02-02-2008, 07:48 PM
its a pain in the ass

SCR
02-02-2008, 08:03 PM
and probably what happends on SCT is available for TT and so on the well keeps spinning...and who knows what new bug will this new version have ... damn .. seems like utorrent is provoking his own fall?

grimms
02-02-2008, 08:04 PM
I hate the fact that they banned uTorrent 1.6.1 or i wouldn't have to update every other day. It is a pain in the arse that we all have to deal with.

PRINCE
02-02-2008, 08:05 PM
i hope see end of that:frusty:
thanks about this news

fOrUmAs
02-02-2008, 08:32 PM
This is because of another remotely exploitable crashbug that was discovered (and it does crash 1.6 versions as well, not just 1.7 like the previous exploit, even with encrypted connections)

yes why not create every time new thread when sct post some news there..

and yea i agree with them;)

Artemis
02-02-2008, 08:40 PM
yes why not create every time new thread when sct post some news there.. what else are we going to talk about in the bit torrent section? how much lint is in your belly button ?

Giveaway
02-02-2008, 08:47 PM
utorrent is becoming a crappy program

Actatoi
02-02-2008, 08:52 PM

Because ScT is changing their rules or? Beacuse I've used 1.6.1, 1.7.6 and 1.7.7 and have so far not seen any difference for me as an average user.

Tokeman
02-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Yea, who wants a program that fixes security flaws, even if it means working on a new release just after one was done.

I know I would rather be exploitable and use programs that never update.
Thats why I use WinNT, since theres no more patches being released, and there are known vulnerabilities. Makes my life easier not having to apply patches. What a waste of my time indeed!

Ok, for those who can't tell, that 2nd paragraph was meant to be extremely sarcastic. You whiners are idiots, go use another program that uses more resources, less features, and more complicated. No one is forcing you to use uTorrent.

physter
02-02-2008, 08:56 PM
I bet you could find explotable bugs in every torrent client if you looked hard enough. Someone's got it in for uTorrent, why?

bunny67
02-02-2008, 08:57 PM

yes why not create every time new thread when sct post some news there..

and yea i agree with them;)if you not noticed asswipe 1 thread ive made about sct news so stfu!

SCR
02-02-2008, 09:03 PM
bunny67 don`t mind him the thread is helpful and like someone before has sayd that`s why it`s called BitTorrent section so we can discuss about this sort of things .
Tokeman take a look here:http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-177-folks-post2625352/postcount80

Tokeman
02-02-2008, 09:15 PM
bunny67 don`t mind him the thread is helpful and like someone before has sayd that`s why it`s called BitTorrent section so we can discuss about this sort of things .
Tokeman take a look here:http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-177-folks-post2625352/postcount80

I've read that...

Just because some one out there thinks they are lying, is that a good reason not to update? Even if the info is not public yet, it will be found eventually, lots of people are out to ruin uTorrent. Generally exploit information is only public when it is found by outside sources, and they post to let the dev's know so they can fix it. Since this exploit was found internally by the dev's (again supposedly) why would they release the info and risk some one exploiting all you non-updater's? That would be very bad publicity for them. Think about it for a bit, theres logic behind it all, and they are following the same standards as most software vendors.

No reputable company releases exploit information like this, why would you expect uTorrent to be any different?

TYPE R
02-02-2008, 09:26 PM
thx bunny 4 the info

monk3y
02-02-2008, 10:30 PM
damn i can't stand this sh*t anymore utorrent should get better security experts :\

Tokeman
02-02-2008, 10:45 PM
damn i can't stand this sh*t anymore utorrent should get better security experts :\

its a FREE product, and they are doing a great job. The fact that they are updating shows their doing their jobs now, securing the application, and people complain... :unsure:

monk3y
02-02-2008, 10:56 PM

its a FREE product, and they are doing a great job. The fact that they are updating shows their doing their jobs now, securing the application, and people complain... :unsure:
thanks a lot for being free but i don't see anyone releasing their products for free with so much vulnerabilities and saying like "ok it's free so deal with it", it's getting pathetic releasing a new version every two days.

Tokeman
02-02-2008, 11:04 PM
people pay for windows, and as I said in another thread they release security related patches EVERY tuesday. Its attacked because its mainstream. uTorrent is attacked for the same reason. The devs are trying to get people current to avoid future problems with the existing code, same with windows.
Its not that its free, see it's pay software too. I'm just saying for being free, they are doing a great job keeping it updated, and thats a good thing for everyone.

C-mos
02-02-2008, 11:11 PM
i'm very dessapointed with utorrent :|

porscha
02-02-2008, 11:13 PM
I agree that utorrent is being a pain in the you know where, seems like version 1.6 was fine for me.

monk3y
02-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Tokeman i agree they do a good thing keeping it updated but it's really annoying lately and there are plenty of other torrent clients.

sleepyy
02-02-2008, 11:30 PM
So which utorrent do we use i suppose if sct is the first to notice this other sites will follow

ideto
02-02-2008, 11:36 PM
This will have a end... we just don't know when xD

fisz
02-02-2008, 11:37 PM
lol... they are fixing it and you are complaining. Utorrent is used by a lot of people so there will be more fixes like this so deal with it.
Blame trackers because they ban client with known unfixed holes :P.

monk3y
02-02-2008, 11:54 PM
lol... they are fixing it and you are complaining. Utorrent is used by a lot of people so there will be more fixes like this so deal with it.

tracker is doing this for your security du*b*ss

fisz
02-02-2008, 11:59 PM

tracker is doing this for your security du*b*ss

keyword: sarcasm

02-03-2008, 12:27 AM
yes why not create every time new thread when sct post some news there.. what else are we going to talk about in the bit torrent section? how much lint is in your belly button ?

hahahahahahaha!

sorry for some reason I found that really funny! :w00t:

bhovoi
02-19-2008, 08:07 PM
so whats the only allowed version of Utorrent in sct? just to make it clear..

1.7.7 and what?

Neo
02-19-2008, 08:11 PM
so whats the only allowed version of Utorrent in sct? just to make it clear..

1.7.7 and what?

...and 1.8 alpha build 8205 and above ( if there are any ). I'm sticking with 1.7.7 for now... :huh:

Cabalo
02-19-2008, 08:15 PM
glad i moved to azureus. it's always a mess while not all trackers get to an agreement on which Utorrent versions they allow to use.

bhovoi
02-19-2008, 08:20 PM
just asking:
im thinking if i switch to azureus...how much more memory do you think will add if i switch to azureus?.. X10 of utorrent or more?

Neo
02-19-2008, 08:30 PM
I don't know exactly how much more... but one thing i can tell you: a lot more!

That was one of the reasons I switched to utorrent on the first place. If you want to run like 100 torrents at the same time it's a huge difference. I don't have that much RAM so it really makes a difference for me.

Cabalo
02-19-2008, 08:37 PM
well, azureus depends on how many torrents u are downloading, not uploading.
because the buffer that u use is incorporated in the process, and utorrent does it in a different manner, though it is taking the same.
honestly, i am happy, i am a "returner" since i used utorrent for almost 2 years now, and once i took a pick at azureus options i said: this is definitely for me.

The Wanderer
02-19-2008, 09:11 PM
I have 4GB of RAM and azureus was still a pain in the ass. I'd never go back to azureus, no matter how bad utorrent gets. However I heard only good things about halite, but I don't know how many trackers allow it.

I don't know exactly how much more... but one thing i can tell you: a lot more!

That was one of the reasons I switched to utorrent on the first place. If you want to run like 100 torrents at the same time it's a huge difference. I don't have that much RAM so it really makes a difference for me.

sear
02-19-2008, 10:50 PM
I have 4GB of RAM and azureus was still a pain in the ass. I'd never go back to azureus, no matter how bad utorrent gets. However I heard only good things about halite, but I don't know how many trackers allow it.

imo deluge is much better than halite. It has all the features of UTorrent it's open source and has a very small footprint, only problem is SCC doesn't allow it :\ and that's where I like to get my apps.

SAM
02-20-2008, 02:54 AM
I think we should stick with Utorrent and to the hell with SCT

BrownWren
02-20-2008, 07:04 AM
I agree :)