PDA

View Full Version : Splitting A File In Half...is It Possible?

Ange
07-30-2003, 11:43 PM
I was wondering if anyone know how I can split a movie file (avi, mpeg, vcd, or similiar) in half....or does anyone know how I can burn/write something that is one large file (bigger than 700MB) to a cd-r/rw? I have a couple files/movies that are bigger than 700MB by just a little bit and would like to burn them as VCD's. Thanks for all your help and input in advance.

Ange :rolleyes:

shn
07-30-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Ange@30 July 2003 - 17:43
I was wondering if anyone know how I can split a movie file (avi, mpeg, vcd, or similiar) in half....or does anyone know how I can burn/write something that is one large file (bigger than 700MB) to a cd-r/rw? I have a couple files/movies that are bigger than 700MB by just a little bit and would like to burn them as VCD's. Thanks for all your help and input in advance.

Ange :rolleyes:
Avi splitter from http://www.doeasier.org

gbfan
07-31-2003, 07:42 AM
Don't worry about it man. You can get like 80 minutes of video on a cd-r even if it is over 700 MB. I think you can get like 800MB on a cd-r. Use nero to burn it, but make sure it is encoded first. Then you should be good. But if you still need a prog to split the file I use TMPGEnc. :D