PDA

View Full Version : what is wrong with trading?

kooftspc11
02-03-2008, 12:06 PM
barter is good

bikernin
02-03-2008, 12:22 PM
thats all you got to say? :lol:

kadake
02-03-2008, 12:29 PM
if you expect to receive something for giving something (trading) , it opens a door to people scamming and upsetting you , the community is then riddled with untrustworthy people.

so the whole time there are people frowning on traders it keeps the numbers down.

athenaesword
02-03-2008, 12:32 PM
and here i was clicking on this expecting to find a lengthy rant against the naysayers xD

hangemhigh
02-03-2008, 12:39 PM
who runs bartertown?

wheeloftime
02-03-2008, 12:53 PM
When you get an account through trading you have the chance that the account will be disabled at any time, either straight away, or in 6 months when you have built yourself a nice little buffer.

If you invite someone who cheats or gets banned for anything you may lose your own account at the site, or lose your invites forever.

If you get found out as a trader at one site you may lose your accounts at all your sites if they pass your details around.

If you get a traded accounts you will have loads of different usernames on different sites.

You stand the risk of getting scammed and so end up with nothing out of the 'trade'.

There are plenty of other reasons as well.

tralalala
02-03-2008, 01:11 PM
if you expect to receive something for giving something (trading) , it opens a door to people scamming and upsetting you , the community is then riddled with untrustworthy people.

so the whole time there are people frowning on traders it keeps the numbers down.

Hence the reasoning for using middlemen..... :rolleyes:

Nemrod
02-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Itīs a security affair.
Torrentworld is being chased, only trusted members must be in, if you let get in to people who want destroy the whole thing... well I think itīs clear the situation.
And the other reason is that filesharing is based on that: sharing... to receive and to give, some people only like to receive and not to give... others take the fast lane and cheat, all that crap weakens torrenting, so you must establish some rules and principles to avoid risks. In the measure sites can control who are the members and penalize people who donīt show concern about that issues, in the same measure those sites will be safer from enemies.

Something Else
02-03-2008, 01:24 PM
It leads to teh bad aids. :fear:

Horatiu
02-03-2008, 01:35 PM
Your hands fall off

BEGINER
02-03-2008, 01:37 PM
Itīs a security affair.
Torrentworld is being chased, only trusted members must be in, if you let get in to people who want destroy the whole thing... well I think itīs clear the situation.
And the other reason is that filesharing is based on that: sharing... to receive and to give, some people only like to receive and not to give... others take the fast lane and cheat, all that crap weakens torrenting, so you must establish some rules and principles to avoid risks. In the measure sites can control who are the members and penalize people who donīt show concern about that issues, in the same measure those sites will be safer from enemies.I agree,in this text can be found all need information

Dark Archon
02-03-2008, 01:44 PM
make friends and get invites for free

BEGINER
02-03-2008, 01:46 PM
make friends and get invites for free:yup::yup:

aysomc
02-03-2008, 01:47 PM
trading is fine with me as long as it isnt with invites to a torrent site, if you wanna trade go do it with baseball cards or something that actually really belongs to you. the whole idea of torrents in the first place is sharing as a means to get files. not only that but if you dont own the site then those invites are to be used as the rules state and 99% of sites say straight up that they dont want their invites traded. its about respecting the rules, if you cant do that then why would a site want you as a member? use your head before asking dumb questions that have been answered a million times already.

mrnobody
02-03-2008, 02:28 PM
trading my underwear is fine :happy:

bikernin
02-03-2008, 02:31 PM
squirr3ls were underwear?? i thought they are supposed to roam around naked. wats the use of the damn fur then?

Quarter
02-03-2008, 03:41 PM
When you trade you give something and get something in return, so far so good right? I'm agreed too. BUT when you trade and then ask invites/accounts in giveaways that's wrong!@ Because you always getting and never giving.
Invites mentioned to be FREE so give them FREE!

peat moss
02-03-2008, 04:23 PM
squirr3ls were underwear?? i thought they are supposed to roam around naked. wats the use of the damn fur then?

Never heard of fur lined undies ? :)

jonny81985
02-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Trading hurts the torrent world, it opens the door for legal action. Also it is against the whole idea of file SHARING.

I defienetely think that invites should be free nad I have had good experiences here both giving and receiving. The only problem i see with this whole situation is that it can be very hard to make friends here. Alot of people are very skeptical and untrusting.
I defienetely think people should be careful with there invites, but I also believe that sometimes we should be a little easier on people. We put to much emphasis o
n post counts and stuff like that.

We should all make a better effort to get to know people easier and maybe use a vouch system. That way if a trusted member vouches for someone else, even if they are new, people will know he can be trusted

Jon

rodinhas
02-03-2008, 06:21 PM
make friends and get invites for free

the better way :D

bikernin
02-03-2008, 06:30 PM

Never heard of fur lined undies ? :)

hmm. i guess they blend in so that we dont notice that squirr3l is wearing undies. nice! now thats some level 10 stuff to trade

MaximumEdge
02-03-2008, 06:39 PM
The thing is some trackers have become too tenure-centric that the only way to get into some sites would be through trading. IMHO, there are noobs or budding l33t's who would like access to say Level 15 site (exag of course) and genuinely make a contribution, but feels too restricted by a purely invites system. This restriction in itself is somewhat against the main principles of file sharing in the first place. Yes, it is a security risk, but the mere fact of registering an email address with a traceable ip can already be considered such.

My 2 cents :)

pandabear
02-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Nothing wrong with trading. Use a middleman and you won't be scammed. Use different passwords for all accounts and you are safe. Its justed frowned upon heavily because its against the rules of the site, but so are giveaways but nobody really cares.

inFormal
02-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Here's some advices to y'all ;)

You should first : Think why you would need it... and if your current trackers can t fulfill your "present" needs
second : Try the Giveaway Threads (or make a Request)... if you can keep a good ratio... post it... to prove your worthyness... and also motivate why you need the tracker... and how you could make a good member
third : when giveaways/requests/friends don t work... Trading is the Ultimate Solution ;)

Trading is Dangerous... when you do this with "scammers" (how to recognise one : easy : an unbalanced trade... you getting the better deal) ... on FST... i haven t met one yet...
But Trading is also safe ... just pick ppl with reps + posts ... or think if the trade is balanced... or USE MIDDLEMAN

Trading... represents a mean to an end...
Be carefull what you trade for... you might get something that you can t use/doesn t really cover you needs.
Trust People... because if you are scared... he ll probably sence it... and you won t seal the deal.

That is all... Hope it helps...
Best of luck to you all ;)

Artemis
02-03-2008, 09:46 PM
yet another semi-literate 'means to an end' argument, completely ignoring the fact that trading hurts the community as a whole. But more to the point it seems that koofspc is a hit & run thread creator, putting up a thread about a contentious issue then running off into the wild blue yonder, its your thread or are you to vacant to have an opinion ?

1000possibleclaws
02-03-2008, 09:48 PM
trading is bad because it puts the honest original inviters at risk, when down the invite tree the people they've invited trade acct's

bikernin
02-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Artemis : he dint put up much of a stand in the first place. i wasnt really expecting any replies from him. seems to me like a flame thread!

Artemis
02-03-2008, 10:03 PM
@bikernin agreed:yup: but needling sometimes works, and gets the OP all flustered enough to reply thereby defeating their purpose in creating flame bait. Since koofspc is a girl I chose my 'vacant' insult very carefully to appeal to her vanity :naughty: but alas I have let the cat out of the bag...........

Maybe another way to defuse the obvious flaming that this thread was designed to create would be to discuss favorite noodle recipes ?

FileZ
02-03-2008, 10:54 PM
wrong with trade is breaking some sites rulz nothing else

sear
02-03-2008, 11:27 PM
@bikernin agreed:yup: but needling sometimes works, and gets the OP all flustered enough to reply thereby defeating their purpose in creating flame bait. Since koofspc is a girl I chose my 'vacant' insult very carefully to appeal to her vanity :naughty: but alas I have let the cat out of the bag...........

Maybe another way to defuse the obvious flaming that this thread was designed to create would be to discuss favorite noodle recipes ?

Noodles in peanut sauce sounds good :drool:

Hakka Noodles are topped with a flavorful dressing and served with a peanut and vegetable garnish.

Serves 4

Main Chinese Recipes Index
Ingredients:

* 1 lb or 500 grams Hakka (flat) noodles
* 2 Tbsp. dark sesame oil
* Dressing:
* 6 Tbsp. peanut butter
* 1/4 cup water
* 3 Tbsp. light soya sauce
* 6 Tbsp. dark soy sauce
* 6 Tbsp. sesame paste (ground sesame seeds)
* 1/2 cup dark sesame oil
* 2 Tbsp. sherry or any wine of your choice
* 4 tsp. white vinegar
* 1/4 cup honey or sugar syrup
* 4 medium cloves garlic, chopped fine
* 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
* 1/2 cup hot water
* Garnish (all are optional, depending on your taste)
* 1 carrot, peeled, julienned
* 1/2 firm medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and julienned
* 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
* 2 green onions, thinly sliced

Preparation:
Boil noodles in large pot of unsalted water over medium heat until barely tender and still firm. Drain immediately and rinse with cold water until cold. Drain well and toss noodles with (2 Tbsp) dark sesame oil so they don't stick together. For dressing, combine all ingredients except hot water in a blender or food processor fitted with steel blade and blend until smooth. Thin with hot water to consistency of whipping cream. For garnish, put carrot julienne in ice water for 30 minutes. Just before serving, toss noodles with sauce. Garnish with cucumber, peanuts, green onion, and carrot. Serve at room temperature.

mrnobody
02-03-2008, 11:45 PM
Noodles in peanut sauce sounds good :drool:

:drool:

predateur
02-04-2008, 12:28 AM
traders or non-trader (who giveaway in public) both broke sites rules
the difference *for me* is : traders are normal people, anti-traders and not normal lol (i dont talk about non traders ;) )

miro2008
02-04-2008, 12:51 AM
who runs bartertown?

Sanka113
02-04-2008, 12:56 AM
You're momma..... boom, son!