View Full Version : have a server need to set up a seedbox

class
02-03-2008, 02:03 PM
hello i have an unlimited server and am loooking to set it up as a seedbox

i have i think 2 options:

webui (preffered)
torrentflux
(or another recommended one)

to access my server i have to type in the IP, but like IPaddress:portnumber, so the webui doesnt seem to work if i set it up. if someone can give me insstructions to set it up as webui seedbox i will give them 3 months free useage

SaRkAsM
02-03-2008, 02:29 PM

webui (preffered)
torrentflux

to access my server i have to type in the IP, but like IPaddress:portnumber, so the webui doesnt seem to work if i set it up. if someone can give me insstructions to set it up as webui seedbox i will give them 3 months free useage

What OS is this server using ? Windows/Linux ? do you have actual access to this server ?? why not just RDP and use utorrent ? TBH i hate the webgui and prefer being hands-on.

class
02-03-2008, 02:30 PM
erm it is a linux server, and i need a seedbox cus i have 0.1kbps upload speed, any type of seedbox will do

fisherman
02-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Hi mate I'd advise setting up a Utorrent webUI.

Can U give me some more details on ur server as in what is Ur operating system EG Fedora, Centos ect... also what size is ur HD ect...

Here is a guide to setting up uTorrent on ur server and a webgui http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-guides-and-tutorials-65/t-installing-utorrent-leeware-walkthrough-169620

You don't have to give anyone access to ur box for helping u set it up.

Tell me what OS U have in stalled for starters.

class
02-03-2008, 02:45 PM
erm i just found out i am on shared webhsting, OS is linux, and i have unlimited bandwidth and 1tb hdd, and it is a lifetime account for one payment

kabir
02-03-2008, 02:49 PM
u can use the above mentioned guide if u want utorrent web gui

fisherman
02-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Ok so linux is ur OS but what distro...... is it Fedora,Centos ect....

Need to know this mate

markupmaster
02-03-2008, 04:18 PM
http://torrent-source.net/?cat=12

There are many guides there that will teach you how to set up your seedbox...

:)

mrnobody
02-03-2008, 04:23 PM
g

webui (preffered)
torrentflux

you might have already got couple of pm saying, "i will set up ur server for free, give me details"...try avoiding those unless u KNOW them.

markupmaster
02-03-2008, 04:27 PM
you might have already got couple of pm saying, "i will set up ur server for free, give me details"...try avoiding those unless u KNOW them.

Right-O!

You could lose your seedbox in a heartbeat...

:(

02-03-2008, 05:44 PM
pm sent

fisherman
02-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Did U get this sorted OP ?

Without more details as in what type of linux we can't help any further, tho if U go by the guide U should be fine.

Let us know how U get on.