PDA

View Full Version : ITS just to let you all know

Detale
02-03-2008, 10:27 PM
I have seen a lot of bull5hit recently and I am tired of certain members pressuring our members here and I don't like it one bit. as far as ITS goes

YOU ARE ALLOWED TO TRADE ITS INVITES

Accts however are still prohibited. Do not let anyone pressure you into believing anything else if you do feel pressured by any member her feel free to PM me and I will work it out for you anonymously. Enough is enough now

mrnobody
02-03-2008, 10:29 PM
and there finally it goes...

tiger6ex
02-03-2008, 10:32 PM
I have seen a lot of bull5hit recently and I am tired of certain members pressuring our members here and I don't like it one bit. as far as ITS goes

Accts however are still prohibited. Do not let anyone pressure you into believing anything else if you do feel pressured by any member her feel free to PM me and I will work it out for you anonymously. Enough is enough now

nice...i have only to wait for the bonus to excange for an invite :happy:

Detale
02-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Just like in real life I have dealt with bullies my whole life and they have NEVER won

jonny81985
02-03-2008, 10:39 PM
uh oh.... Yea people shouldnt be bullied, but i think it's ok to try and prevent traders and such from getting invites

Jon

The Gladiator
02-03-2008, 10:48 PM
It's fair... It's not a special tracker so need to be treated like a normal tracker.

Cabalo
02-03-2008, 10:52 PM
i might get criticized for this, but i agree on this kind of measures.
it's very hard to notice which invites are being traded (unlike traded accounts), and at least it gets clear to the community guys that feel/want join iTS.

i dunno why some trackers ban members that are here and are not even trading/giving away. it happened in the past. (i think it's not what iTS is doing, this statement now clears the question).
i really don't think that this community is a "parasite" for trackers, i think it can be a very useful instrument for them, if used in the right way.

unfortunately, i've seen it being used in the wrong ways more often than the good ones. (i.e. take a look at the scl admins here...)

fisherman
02-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Fair play Detale for putting this straight.

FST is a trading forum wheather some people like to say/believe it or not.
Yes it's better to give, no doubt about that 100%!!
But if someone trades ect... and the tracker in question bans them, well they are gonna learn a lesson and will be wiser in the future and will definitely think hard if they are gonna do it again.

It's amazing a simple iTS "REQUEST" not even a trade turns into a 10 page discussion.

Just my opinion but I'm glad a point has been made.

Enzo
02-03-2008, 11:29 PM
So now iTS is not for who not trade..Nice..

Detale
02-03-2008, 11:29 PM
uh oh.... Yea people shouldnt be bullied, but i think it's ok to try and prevent traders and such from getting invites

Jon Well this is a trading forum, I myself do not trade but this one of the reasons for this area and I keep seeing some ITS members telling people that ITS invites are not allowed to be traded and it's propaganda, and some other unscrupulous tactics like this that need to stop.

It's fair... It's not a special tracker so need to be treated like a normal tracker.

Sorry I don't understand the post please clarify

i might get criticized for this, but i agree on this kind of measures.
it's very hard to notice which invites are being traded (unlike traded accounts), and at least it gets clear to the community guys that feel/want join iTS.

i dunno why some trackers ban members that are here and are not even trading/giving away. it happened in the past. (i think it's not what iTS is doing, this statement now clears the question).
i really don't think that this community is a "parasite" for trackers, i think it can be a very useful instrument for them, if used in the right way.

unfortunately, i've seen it being used in the wrong ways more often than the good ones. (i.e. take a look at the scl admins here...)

Don't get me wrong I will not criticize anyone for their opinion on anything ever as long as it's posted in a respectful manner.

If YOU GUYS the members think I am wrong please let me know, as I said I don't trade so I could care less about my personal torrenting.

I am doing this for YOU GUYS I will protect FST members from things I see as unfit as that is one of my position duties here. I wanted to set the record straight and I have done that but now it's up to you members to let me know how you feel on this matter so I can represent you all better.

Also Cabalo please PM me link of where SCL admins are doing such things I will deal with it accordingly, I am only pointing out ITS due to recent threads I'v read.

So now iTS is not for who not trade..Nice..

No they are for trade invite trade

mrnobody
02-03-2008, 11:34 PM

All tracker invite trade are here by FST and iTS is not an exception

^ i think that is what he meant

Tokeman
02-03-2008, 11:34 PM
I agree with everything you've said Detale. I'm tired of people expecting special treatment for certain sites/trackers. I'm also tired of people spouting off rules that are not FST rules. The whole idea of the invite section breaks most trackers rules, so we really don't need some one posting everytime a tracker rules is broken here, only FST rules matter, as this is FST.

fatcat69
02-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Debate time

I know you saw this coming so ill lay it out for ya:

Invites are allowed to be traded per FST rules....however, tracker rules STRICTLY PROHIBIT INVITE TRADING.

Just so people dont think that iTS supports traders...as obviously we dont! Fst wont allow any tracker to prohibit its invites from being traded here, hell trackers are lucky if they can get their accounts to be blocked from trading ...because every tracker would want it that way and then noone would come here :lol:

predateur
02-03-2008, 11:43 PM
Debate time

Invites are allowed to be traded per FST rules....however, tracker rules STRICTLY PROHIBIT INVITE TRADING.

Just so people dont think that iTS supports traders...as obviously we dont! Fst wont allow any tracker to prohibit its invites from being traded here, hell trackers are lucky if they can get their accounts to be blocked from trading ...because every tracker would want it that way and then noone would come here :lol:

however, tracker rules STRICTLY PROHIBIT INVITE TRADING

no one care about it :cool:

aysomc
02-03-2008, 11:44 PM
i think if us members of iTS dont want traders in there we have every right to let the people trying to trade know that traders get banned and we dont want them there so its a waste of time. that is, however, very different from telling them that trading invites isnt allowed. they can put the trade out there if they want but we're gonna be vocal in letting them know that we wont welcome traders there, thats just being honest. i dont know if thats what is in question here though, do you have a problem with us giving our honest opinion of a trader and how he will do there or do you only have a problem with people telling the member that trading iTS invites isnt allowed on FST?

The Gladiator
02-03-2008, 11:45 PM

I said that ITs it's a normal tracker like SCT or other one so it needs to be treated like that. It's restryct because it's new and have a lot of non-traders but it's a tracker like the others :)

Tokeman
02-03-2008, 11:48 PM
i think if us members of iTS dont want traders in there we have every right to let the people trying to trade know that traders get banned and we dont want them there so its a waste of time. that is, however, very different from telling them that trading invites isnt allowed. they can put the trade out there if they want but we're gonna be vocal in letting them know that we wont welcome traders there, thats just being honest. i dont know if thats what is in question here though, do you have a problem with us giving our honest opinion of a trader and how he will do there or do you only have a problem with people telling the member that trading iTS invites isnt allowed on FST?

I think the problem isn't people giving an opinion like you stated, this is a public forum. But for some one to just post and say 'this is against the rules' or 'you can't trade its' they almost sound as if they are saying its not allowed per FST rules, even if that was not their intent. If their posts were more clear, I doubt anyone would have an issue here with the opinion posts. This post was to clarify that per FST rules, its trading is allowed, nothing more.

The Gladiator
02-03-2008, 11:48 PM

All tracker invite trade are here by FST and iTS is not an exception

^ i think that is what he meant

:yup:

aysomc
02-03-2008, 11:50 PM
iTS may seem like a normal tracker as you say but it really is much different because of the users that we have. the huge majority of our members have a lot of respect for trackers and the rules that they have in place, just as fatcat said. so it may seem like most other trackers, but it isnt.

edit: thats what i was thinking tokeman, there shouldnt be a problem with us giving our opinion but it seemed like thats what detale wasnt liking to me, maybe i just read it wrong. as you said though this is a public forum so as long as our posts are civilized we should be able to give our opinion.

Tokeman
02-03-2008, 11:54 PM
iTS may seem like a normal tracker as you say but it really is much different because of the users that we have. the huge majority of our members have a lot of respect for trackers and the rules that they have in place, just as fatcat said. so it may seem like most other trackers, but it isnt.

Then you shouldn't worry about traders, as they should not receive any offers. And if your right about the userbase, no one will offer the invites for trade. So whats the problem? Let them post away in vein.

fatcat69
02-03-2008, 11:54 PM

If noone cared then a forum mod wouldnt of had to post a thread like this one to tell people that you can trade any invites here...

However, just like any other community tracker, every single request is posted in a thread on the site, where users are blacklisted. :lol:

So if you request a invite and bring bad publicity...you essentially get yourself banned from getting an invite.

Since the tracker only has 10-15 users that are allowed to get invites...all of which have all your pathetic trade offers already....no invites will ever be traded here.

People can go ahead and request, however you wont get it. Thats the truth...so you should know.

Some people can complain that it is spam or annoying, but I am not personally attacking anyone, I just point out that traders are not welcome in the tracker, I post the current amount of invites out and who has them, and I post reasons why requests for it will just cause invites to become more rare and restricted to even less members. Spam or factual information presented to better inform OP about the current situation of invites and that trading will not get them into the site...:lol:

If you post a trade for FSC or FTN or any other high level tracker...I will say the same thing in there as well. So I do treat it like other trackers, don't think I am just defending iTS.

I personally know each person who has an invite right now and I can assure you that no invi

aysomc
02-03-2008, 11:59 PM
lol fatcat, you just had to post a pic, i was waiting for it. ;)

predateur
02-04-2008, 12:03 AM
however you wont get it. Thats the truth...so you should know.
who told you i need to get it? see my sign its clear i dont like this tracker ;)

I personally know each person who has an invite right now and I can assure you that no invite will be traded at this time...there is nothing you can offer these users that they dont already have.http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/wink.gif
maybe some life , anyway thats what you need ;) (take it easy lol)

and you have to know , i have all what i need, am in almost all trackers, and i will continue trading *JUST FOR FUN*.

mrnobody
02-04-2008, 12:07 AM

i agree, we do have right to let people know that iTS does not welcome traders but then which tracker does welcomes trader anyway?

Plus, FSTer have right to post trade thread as well.

It's not like one or two iTS thread gets over posted...but it's pretty much all of them....filled with nothing.

Don't get me wrong but i think folks are over doing it.

First of all, they create unwanted attention.

Posting "no trader", "you won't get it" etc does nothing but excites people to get in and the result is obvious.

We are seeying 1+ iTS request thread each day; not because of request but the responses request get. I am sure this thread will do hell of a job to give publicity :(

Within VERY short period of time iTS is already lvl 5...people are offering more and more for iTS (i was saying 'wt*' when i saw 'tt+sct for iTS' thead)...i do not think that is what iTS staffer want by any mean.

So the best choice i see is to use "publicity" thread ( in iTS forum ) and let staff handle it.

The Gladiator
02-04-2008, 12:09 AM

edit: thats what i was thinking tokeman, there shouldnt be a problem with us giving our opinion but it seemed like thats what detale wasnt liking to me, maybe i just read it wrong. as you said though this is a public forum so as long as our posts are civilized we should be able to give our opinion.

Well if you are right, you (members of iTS) shouldn't has any problems with the threads that some FST users create asking for iTS invites via trade, because you has the "perfect users" of any tracker, they will never trade, am i right? :)

fatcat69
who told you i need to get it? see my sign its clear i dont like this tracker ;)

I personally know each person who has an invite right now and I can assure you that no invite will be traded at this time...there is nothing you can offer these users that they dont already have.http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/wink.gifmaybe some life , anyway thats what you need ;) (take it easy lol)

and you have to know , i have all what i need, am in almost all trackers, and i will continue trading *JUST FOR FUN*.

you( not personally you) but you (as in all traders)

mievmo
Lock this thread. pls.

Tokeman
02-04-2008, 12:11 AM
Lock this thread. pls.
Thats up to the original poster or a mod, not you.
squirr3l, I could not agree more, you said it better then I did in my reply to that same quote.

fOrUmAs
02-04-2008, 12:14 AM
ahh that is to bad news for fatcat69

now he cant say no more its dont have traders or its dont allowe trader to be there :D

Giveaway
02-04-2008, 12:15 AM

thanks Deatale for your clarification

fatcat69
02-04-2008, 12:16 AM
Well if you are right, you (members of iTS) shouldn't has any problems with the threads that some FST users create asking for iTS invites via trade, because you has the "perfect users" of any tracker, am i right? :)

Noone is saying that, I recruit members here all the time, I have given out 15 invites I think through finding members here on FST.

Nearly all of the precious "high level" trackers call FST a sh*t whole and dont like it that much at all, however I disagree as there are good members here and some bad ones. You just have to filter through the lot

The reason why a majority of people are against trading as it is unnecessary and unfair. You are given an account or invite with the intention that you are giving it to a friend or keeping it for yourself (in the account situation), not as a means of barter.

You can get any invite by just participating actively here in the forums...in 1 month I was able to climb all the way to the top of that precious trader "ranking system" Yet I am still here contributing...hell I have given over 10 invites out today alone.

So don't say that iTS is a tracker claiming to be above the rest, or users think they are the best...because that is not the case. Noone is claiming it

iTS is just taking a more proactive approach to prevent invite bartering, as the staff and users feel it is improper. Since it is the staff and users site, they have every right to do with their invites as they please.

I dont understand why certain few members seem to feel the need to interfere with the workings of the tracker, as if they are not part of it, then they have no right to interfere in its business.

now he cant say no more its dont have traders or its dont allowe trader to be there :D

No I can and I will as I have every right to warn fellow users that trading their invites from (iTS or ScL or ScT or FSC or FTN or Swedvdr or F***..the list goes on and on)....will result in their account being disabled...they have a right to know! :)

They can ignore me, it is an option here in the forum, as thats what I do when I have an issue with something...that is what you are suppose to do instead of going to a mod with it...I know because thats what the mods told me to do when I have an issue with someone!

ideto
02-04-2008, 12:18 AM
Debate time

Until they get banned.
I don't trade as Detale, if somebody wants to d oit, iTS, or not, I advise no to, but I'm not God and I don't care if somebody is banned for trade.
But I like to help people, and if there is a risk of being banned because of trade, I just tell them that.
Other way, its easier to get in sharing, so I also advie that some times.

If people don't cares, I can't do anything else and I won't care too, but to be respected, BitTorrent World must respect him too.

:happy:

predateur
02-04-2008, 12:20 AM

No I can and I will as I have every right to. :)
you have the right the spam traders threads with your B.S ? lol

fatcat69
02-04-2008, 12:26 AM
No I can and I will as I have every right to. :)
you have the right the spam traders threads with your B.S ? lol

Just as you have the right to add me to your ignore list and not view my posts. If you need help in figuring it out...I can walk you through it! :lol:

aysomc
02-04-2008, 12:27 AM

Well if you are right, you (members of iTS) shouldn't has any problems with the threads that some FST users create asking for iTS invites via trade, because you has the "perfect users" of any tracker, they will never trade, am i right? :)

well even though you were being sarcastic, yes you are right, the users with invites right now wont ever trade. thats not the main point im making though, im saying we can give our opinion in their threads if we want and although it may be repetitive doing it in all of those threads it just shows the type of users we have, the type of users that will take ridicule from most of the traders here and not mind because its what is best for the tracker. im hoping if we do it enough the traders might catch on and give up since it is a lost cause. they are a simple minded bunch though so its gonna take some time to sink in i think.

Tokeman
02-04-2008, 12:30 AM

well even though you were being sarcastic, yes you are right, the users with invites right now wont ever trade. thats not the main point im making though, im saying we can give our opinion in their threads if we want and although it may be repetitive doing it in all of those threads it just shows the type of users we have, the type of users that will take ridicule from most of the traders here and not mind because its what is best for the tracker. im hoping if we do it enough the traders might catch on and give up since it is a lost cause. they are a simple minded bunch though so its gonna take some time to sink in i think.
And what are your thoughts on the above posts mentioning that these posts are actually drawing more attention to the tracker, which is once again, against their very own rules. It creating hype and demand for it, which is why there are more posts every day.
Not trying to be an ass, but I would really like to know your view on this.

mrnobody
02-04-2008, 12:34 AM

no

less or more every tracker/community has trader

the only difference is the incentives and circumstances of trade.

Why does not anyone trade revolt? I bet they have trades in there

Why don't we see rabbiter or wheeler or ****r trade often? I garandamnit they also have traders in there

despite being so called "high lvls" above mentioned tracker have ways to catch traded account...which is a big turn off for traders.

iTS also has ways to catch traders however there are plenty of curious heads who want different short of trackers and i am afraid the offer people
make in this forum (because of lvl which itself is hyped) might be good incentive for iTS member to trade :(

It was lot better when iTS was lvl 2 :P

fisherman
02-04-2008, 12:35 AM
iTS is a very good tracker, it's coming along very nice I have to say.
I'm a member there too but I have no right every time I see an iTS thread to but in and spam it so hence the reason I don't. I have the utmost respect for all trackers as I love torrenting, it's become part of my life.

FST is a trading/sharing forum and members don't need to be "harassed" every time a request is made. Requests should be made, people with the invites should check some history and decide themselves wheather to give the person in question an invite.

As always just my opinion, but that's what we're here for ;)

sleepyy
02-04-2008, 12:35 AM
if it has to be pointed out to a certain member it only has to be done once and not repeated 20 times by other members and by the first member that originaly posted the comment a few more times just to rub it in some more anything after the very first few comments is just spam if the person trading or asking for an invite/account does not want to listen to your warning or help then let it be otherwise it's just shit speaking and worthless comments.

if the person you warned is really interested in how you feel about tradeing or the rules then they will search for your previous comments but for something to be repeated 100s of times to the same person is just plain and simply stupid just because they don't agree with you or care about what you have to say does not mean you have the right to upset other people if you're truly right in what you say then these members breaking the torrent site rules will find out how the shitty end of the stick tastes.

fatcat69
02-04-2008, 12:36 AM

And what are your thoughts on the above posts mentioning that these posts are actually drawing more attention to the tracker, which is once again, against their very own rules. It creating hype and demand for it, which is why there are more posts every day.

What rules are you talking about? There is not one rule saying you cant post about the tracker in a public forum. Rules only stipulate that you cannot advertise invites or trade them. So technically anyone who actually asks for an invite here...is already breaking the rules...if you must know:lol:

Here are the rules for you to read...if you can find the rule you are talking about please let me know...but I do not see it.

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/3178e90243.jpg

mievmo
02-04-2008, 12:40 AM
Lock this thread. pls.
Thats up to the original poster or a mod, not you.

And i was talking to the MODS.

Tokeman
02-04-2008, 12:40 AM

What rules are you talking about? There is not one rule saying you cant post about the tracker in a public forum. Rules only stipulate that you cannot advertise invites or trade them.

Here are the rules for you to read...if you can find the rule you are talking about please let me know...but I do not see it.

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/3178e90243.jpg
As I am not a member there, I have not gone through the rules. I just made a judgment base off the posts I've seen from (supposed) members. All said that the tracker wants to avoid unwanted attention, maybe its an unwritten rule, maybe the posters made it up, I don't know. But I do know if they want the attention lowered, the members just need to back off a bit and not create the kind of hype by continually posting about it.
Once again, if this isn't the case with them not wanting attention, I withdraw my statement.

The Gladiator
02-04-2008, 12:42 AM
Noone is saying that, I recruit members here all the time, I have given out 15 invites I think through finding members here on FST.

Nearly all of the precious "high level" trackers call FST a sh*t whole and dont like it that much at all, however I disagree as there are good members here and some bad ones. You just have to filter through the lot

The reason why a majority of people are against trading as it is unnecessary and unfair. You are given an account or invite with the intention that you are giving it to a friend or keeping it for yourself (in the account situation), not as a means of barter.

You can get any invite by just participating actively here in the forums...in 1 month I was able to climb all the way to the top of that precious trader "ranking system" Yet I am still here contributing...hell I have given over 10 invites out today alone.

So don't say that iTS is a tracker claiming to be above the rest, or users think they are the best...because that is not the case. Noone is claiming it

iTS is just taking a more proactive approach to prevent invite bartering, as the staff and users feel it is improper. Since it is the staff and users site, they have every right to do with their invites as they please.

I dont understand why certain few members seem to feel the need to interfere with the workings of the tracker, as if they are not part of it, then they have no right to interfere in its business.

Ok let's see..

I'm not against you, and much less against iTS. I respect you and all the members that you has there, i like your style "This is our tracker we deal with it like we want, we only accept people that we want".

But the point is that you are in all threads about iTS, saying that "You will not get it or you will get disabled at the same second that you get invited" This type of thinks are unnecessary, from my point of view. It's restryct! Full stop

Let the things happen, you will not get anything with that type of games.

fatcat69
02-04-2008, 12:50 AM

Ok let's see..

I'm not against you, and much less against iTS. I respect you and all the members that you has there, i like your style "This is our tracker we deal with it like we want, we only accept people that we want".

But the point is that you are in all threads about iTS, saying that "You will not get it or you will get disabled at the same second that you get invited" This type of thinks are unnecessary, from my point of view. It's restryct! Full stop

Incorrect, the tactics that users have used have worked on decreasing the number of requests. There were maybe 10 requests last week for it...compared to like 30 at the beginning of January when users didn't actively slam threads with warnings.

The only reason that the request threads sprout up again is because the level went up to 5...so now everyone wants it just for its level.

If you think that by making it aware to the average user that trading will not get you into a tracker, is a bad way of getting your point across...then show me a better way that people will actually acknowledge and use.

Why do you think people request iTS or ScL or FSC or FTN...it is because they dont know about it and just hear lame rumors.

To be honest, in my opinion, the best 0day tracker, hands down, is SCC. Hell I only upload to iTS, ScL, FSC and FTN...I rarely download from any of those sites as I mainly use specialty trackers for what I want (hdbits for HD, swedvdr for dvd, bcg for games, tvt for complete series)

ScL is a 0day tracker, iTS is a scene only tracker as is FTN, FSC is a request based tracker that does also have 0day.

Nearly all trackers have the same content, people just want it for an epenis and to brag.

People just want trackers because they have, in their mind, this image that a high level tracker is the most amazing thing...yet when you get there, if you are only wanting to download stuff the fastest or have the fastest pretimes. The high level trackers....get smoked every day by lower level trackers...

Something Else
02-04-2008, 12:56 AM
Peace and Love and Unity to everybody. :smilie4:

The Gladiator
02-04-2008, 12:56 AM
Ok let's see..

Incorrect, the tactics that users have used have worked on decreasing the number of requests. There were maybe 10 requests last week for it...compared to like 30 at the beginning of January when users didn't actively slam threads with warnings.

The only reason that the request threads sprout up again is because the level went up to 5...so now everyone wants it just for its level.

If you think that by making it aware to the average user that trading will not get you into a tracker, is a bad way of getting your point across...then show me a better way that people will actually acknowledge and use.

Why do you think people request iTS or ScL or FSC or FTN...it is because they dont know about it and just hear lame rumors.

To be honest, in my opinion, the best 0day tracker, hands down, is SCC.

ScL is a 0day tracker, iTS is a scene only tracker as is FTN, FSC is a request based tracker that does also have 0day.

Nearly all trackers have the same content, people just want it for an epenis and to brag.

People just want trackers because they have, in their mind, this image that a high level tracker is the most amazing thing...yet when you get there, if you are only wanting to download stuff the fastest or have the fastest pretimes. The high level trackers....get smoked every day by lower level trackers...

Yeah that's a fact, a normal fact nowadays. Let's see what will happen here:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-are-u-tracker-collector-274790

This discussion is over for me, good luck with your tracker.

Hunim
02-04-2008, 12:57 AM

/me hugs iTS

Tokeman
02-04-2008, 12:57 AM
Ok let's see..

To be honest, in my opinion, the best 0day tracker, hands down, is SCC. Hell I only upload to iTS, ScL, FSC and FTN...I rarely download from any of those sites as I mainly use specialty trackers for what I want (hdbits for HD, swedvdr for dvd, bcg for games, tvt for complete series)

You are assuming that the increase in posts was only from the level increase. This probably started it, but I stand by the fact that without any replies, there would have been far less requests once they did start to come. If people see request threads constantly getting bumped to the top of the forum, they see it as a good sign lots of people will see their request, so they post one too. If the thread got 0 replies, people would be less likely to post one, since there is no interest.

mrnobody
02-04-2008, 12:59 AM

that's something :naughty:

sleepyy
02-04-2008, 01:01 AM
You are assuming that the increase in posts was only from the level increase. This probably started it, but I stand by the fact that without any replies, there would have been far less requests once they did start to come. If people see request threads constantly getting bumped to the top of the forum, they see it as a good sign lots of people will see their request, so they post one too. If the thread got 0 replies, people would be less likely to post one, since there is no interest.

I think i have to agree with a little of both yes people want to because it's up a level also people want it because it's new and don't have it. you make quite a valid point if people noticed it's ignored and never often replyed to then they will eventually go away and others will follow.

mrnobody
02-04-2008, 01:08 AM

I think i have to agree with a little of both yes people want to because it's up a level also people want it because it's new and don't have it. you make quite a valid point if people noticed it's ignored and never often replyed to then they will eventually go away and others will follow.

plus the fact that u don't see iTS trade/ request in other forum that often

P.S. has this thread served it's purpose yet?

Tokeman
02-04-2008, 01:10 AM

plus the fact that u don't see iTS trade/ request in other forum that often

P.S. has this thread served it's purpose yet?

Not even close, there has not been nearly enough flaming and fighting yet. Give it some time will ya? :D

sleepyy
02-04-2008, 01:17 AM
Ok so the battle is won but clearly people are pissed off so there must be an alternative solution to what is currently happening if there is not and somebody remains pissed off someone will have to swallow their pride for there to be peace and that could be either party.

krunktastic
02-04-2008, 01:18 AM
Ok so the battle is won but clearly people are pissed off so there must be an alternative solution to what is currently happening if there is not and somebody remains pissed off someone will have to swallow their pride and that could be either party for there to be peace.

Punctuation needed.

sleepyy
02-04-2008, 01:22 AM
Could you then please teach me ?

peat moss
02-04-2008, 01:22 AM
A mod with a pair of balls , Detale my respect for you grows and grows .....

mrnobody
02-04-2008, 01:23 AM
Ok so the battle is won but clearly people are pissed off so there must be an alternative solution to what is currently happening if there is not and somebody remains pissed off someone will have to swallow their pride and that could be either party for there to be peace.

Punctuation needed.

...and appears the first flame post :whistling

The Gladiator
02-04-2008, 01:24 AM

Well said!

jonny81985
02-04-2008, 01:28 AM
I think if people who truly want iTS see people's requests being declined they wont make one as they know they will not get in that way. Search my post history, I never have requested iTS but somehow I got invited.

So for all you members out there who really want iTS to be part of our community, just be helpful, nice, and giving, and like everyone always hears "They will find you".

Jon

sleepyy
02-04-2008, 01:31 AM
Punctuation needed.

That's not flame his pointing out my mistakes if any im not insulted by knowledge and im grateful for the help i asume hes trying to help me that is why i asked him to teach me in his spare time

mrnobody
02-04-2008, 01:37 AM

That's not flame his pointing out my mistakes if any im not insulted by knowledge and im grateful for the help i asume hes trying to help me that is why i asked him to teach me in his spare time

quit being nice

i just wanted people to fight, fight goddamnit, fight :cry: !

stoi
02-04-2008, 01:39 AM
This is the reason i didnt become a CR for so long, and we dont even have Invites atm.

Community Reps Layout

Community Reps
Those that are BT staff and members at FST may request their own rank so it’s clear who they are on the site. Those with the rank are required to have titles with the site their representing and their staff position. After all, a “Rep” is “representing” their site, so displaying your tracker in your Custom User Title below your name is appropriate. “Reps” are welcome to use asterisks if they choose. The usergroup is titled “Community Reps” with its own rank image.

Filters
“Community Reps” at private sites may request their URL to be filtered. They may also request images that are an issue to be removed, such as those that disclose a URL or other privileged information. FST members that bypass filters with spaces or similar are warned and could be locked or banned from the site.

Account Trading
“Community Reps” that are active on FST and have issue with account trades are asked to post politely in threads that are an issue. Then post a report regarding it. The thread will be trashed or edited and the member will be contacted. We do ask “Community Reps” are active on the site so it’s a joint effort educating members regarding their rules.

“Community Reps” are required to be civil as slamming members simply doesn’t work. They are welcome to PM members nicely regarding their rules. Most will notice the “Community Reps” rank and step in line. We want to work together to sort these issues. There is a list of sites represented by active “Community Reps” on FST against account trading posted in a sticky in the Invites section.

Invite Trading
The Staff at FST does not believe invite trading is an issue. We’ve found most BT staff we’ve spoken with agree on this. Sites that have issue mostly don’t have them or keep them limited. It’s strange to have invites and then chase and ban those trading them. Many sites give invites to members as a reward for participation, and its clear some members want them to trade and get into other sites.

We’re aware some sites might not agree on this policy, though it’s the policy we’ve chose to take. If you’re here to ban invite traders, don’t ask for “Community Rep” rank on the site. Its better you choose to be a rouge element, although if this is road you choose you will be dealt with as such.

Cheaters
“Community Reps” are able to inform FST Staff regarding cheaters in the Report Section on the site. This is for heavy offenders and proof should be supplied. FST Staff will then review it. Then will choose what to note the members account or lock them from the Invites section.

Scammers
Some members purpose on FST is to scam others. Most often we deal with these on our own banning them from the site. For those that are heavy offenders we may give “Community Reps” details regarding those members. We ask they review it and choose what to do with it.

Summary
We believe this approach with “Community Reps” will bring the community closer together. If you agree to the above you may contact FST Staff to request Community Staff rank...

Just trying to point out, that if a staff member from a site is a CR on here, they can not ban members from here trading invites.

I had weeks contemplating this rule with my staff.

mrnobody
02-04-2008, 01:43 AM
true stuff stoi (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/stoi-438)

but as said, most com. rep don't read com. rep faq but expect us to read faq of their site

as for iTS com. rep, there are couple more iTS staffer here (other than com. rep) so i guess they (non-com. rep staffer) can ban traders :P

P.S. has any staffer been removed from com. rep position because he banned a trader from FST?

mievmo
02-04-2008, 01:48 AM
Hmmm.... Spam is everywere...

stoi
02-04-2008, 01:50 AM
actually i asked Detale this when i got offered the job, and no they cannot(or they are not supposed to anyway).

I am not trying to make any enemies here with other trackers, far from it, but i do think if you expect your members to follow your rules on your tracker, that if you do accept a CR position you should follow the rules of FST.

Maybe im in a minority though on this lol

WhiteWizard20
02-04-2008, 01:59 AM
Everyone has choices to make. Those choices may result in severe consequences or happiness.

fatcat69
02-04-2008, 02:01 AM
actually i asked Detale this when i got offered the job, and no they cannot(or they are not supposed to anyway).

I am not trying to make any enemies here with other trackers, far from it, but i do think if you expect your members to follow your rules on your tracker, that if you do accept a CR position you should follow the rules of FST.

I would say minority in caring about it.

As I have mentioned before, staff take the CR position in order to better serve the community. FST just throws that in inorder to make users think that they wont be busted for trading.

I know that most sysops ARE strongly against invite trading, however they thought that having a community rep here for general help to members was important.

This lame rule is like the fine print on a contract...

"By becoming a community rep, youll be an asset here and help users with problems with your tracker.*"

*By accepting this job, we now own your soul, your mom's sexy mail order outfits, and your sisters virginity

:lol:

The Gladiator
02-04-2008, 02:02 AM

As I have mentioned before, staff take the CR position in order to better serve the community. FST just throws that in inorder to make users think that they wont be busted for trading.

I know that the Sysop at iTS is against invite trading, however they thought that having a community rep here for general help to members was important.

"By becoming a community rep, youll be an asset here and help users with problems with your tracker.*"

*By accepting this job, we now own your soul, your mom's sexy mail order outfits, and your sisters virginity

:lol::lol:

That's a contract! :D

stoi
02-04-2008, 02:06 AM
sorry but i have to disagree.

if a user of your tracker gets banned for low ratio, most staff will turn around and say "you should have read the Rules/FAQ"

well to me the same applies here.

if you cant follow the rules, then dont become a CR, its pretty bloody simple in my book.

fisherman
02-04-2008, 02:12 AM
Agree with U Stoi....

Fatcat, maybe U should let a community rep take over here as I don't ur doin a very good job only creating more tention... no offense

supper
02-04-2008, 02:28 AM
finaly! i am relly happy to see thread like that we all know already every tracker dose not support traders so no need to say in every single thread like its dose not allowed traders ( as when u saying this will change anything ?) any way i understand also that any tracker mod trying to protect his tracker but i hope u do it in more usefull way not just spam and let me say this agien every single tracker have traders inside so when u say (iTS) dose not have any traders then its just ur wish and i respact it though . but fst allowed tradeing invites and as we all members of fst we have to respact that and not to full every tradeing its thread with spots dose not make any sence ( if not even funny )

KFlint
02-04-2008, 02:52 AM
Completly agree with the necessity to remind members that invite trading is in no way forbidden in FST.

My opinion is that if a community rep doesn't agree with the invite trading clause, he should refused this title, like stoi did

They would still appear as staff in the comm rep sticky anyway so members would be able to reach identify them if help needed. However, account trading would then be allowed for this site, but it's a choice to make.

I think this is easier to control invite trading by stopping handing out invites at large and by changing the invite system to an invite application form like E or F*** do.

With such a system, a lot of scum can be filtered and i'm pretty less and less invite request (trading or free) would appear on this board, people getting to understand the requierements to join your site is hard

my two cents ;)

sear
02-04-2008, 02:53 AM
sorry but i have to disagree.

if a user of your tracker gets banned for low ratio, most staff will turn around and say "you should have read the Rules/FAQ"

well to me the same applies here.

if you cant follow the rules, then dont become a CR, its pretty bloody simple in my book.

You've got it spot on mate...if that's part of why you're not a com-rep than a lot of respect goes out to you.

I hate trading...invites & accounts...however it's pretty bloody rich to say well people have to respect the site rules or get banned but it's ok for comm reps not to respect the rules of FST.

There are plenty of staffers here who aren't com reps and I hope they ban every trader on this board. But all the comm reps I'm sure are well aware of FST's stance on this issue, no matter how much they or I disagree with it thems just the facts of life.

But I will say I think one of the main points is that ITs has fuck all invites so the chances of people trading for one are very slim. Therefore the best bet is to report it to staff let them handle it and be done with it. Spamming the threads just intensifies the hype. And a mod can correct me if I'm wrong but I was told when I was invited ages ago that the idea was not to draw attention to this tracker.

[OFF TOPIC]Fatcat mate why don't you leach? If you truly love ITs I'm telling you right now that's what it needs, so...[/OFF TOPIC]

stoi
02-04-2008, 03:12 AM
well i am a CR i just havnt got my stars yet (its in the pipeline though seemingly, just waiting for Reality to do them.)

But i am a fully fledged CR.

sear
02-04-2008, 03:18 AM
well i am a CR i just havnt got my stars yet (its in the pipeline though seemingly, just waiting for Reality to do them.)

But i am a fully fledged CR.

fair enough...regardless of your status you made a good point.

stoi
02-04-2008, 03:23 AM
well even KFlint thought i wasnt, so thought i had better out the record straight lol

but i did agree with that rule after a lot of soul searching and questions back and forth between me and Detale.

KFlint
02-04-2008, 03:29 AM
well even KFlint thought i wasnt, so thought i had better out the record straight lol

but i did agree with that rule after a lot of soul searching and questions back and forth between me and Detale.

i wondered why BCG account trading wasn't allowed here if without a comm rep, now everything is clear to me hehehe

But where the heck are your comm reps stars then? :unsure:

Something Else
02-04-2008, 03:30 AM
Somebody sort it out and give the man his stars. :smilie4:

/goes to start thread about BCG Invites.... :eyebrows:

If it was up to me, nobody at all would post in iTS threads and they'd just be quietly laughed at.

fatcat69
02-04-2008, 03:33 AM
Completly agree with the necessity to remind members that invite trading is in no way forbidden in FST.

My opinion is that if a community rep doesn't agree with the invite trading clause, he should refused this title, like stoi did

So are you saying if iTS removes its community rep, youll ban invite trading of iTS?

Didnt think so. But if so, Im sure about 20 trackers will remove their reps right away!:lol:

So would a tracker rather have:

a community rep to help its users who need help here and "FST allows trading of your invites"

or

not have a community rep here to help users and "FST still allows trading of your invites"

To me it doesnt matter, either way FST is going to allow invites to be traded....So if anything com. reps are showing they really care to help the users here at FST

stoi
02-04-2008, 03:38 AM
K we dont have any invites, so start as many threads as you like, nothing will happen :)

and fatcat you have the wrong end of the stick.

If a site has a CR they cannot ban anyone for trading an invite from their tracker on FST (or thats the rule)

If you have not got a CR on here, then you can ban a member from your site that trades invites on here.

Pretty simple realy.

Something Else
02-04-2008, 03:44 AM
He was joking I think mate. :smilie4:

The endless threads do get annoying. :dabs:

I think debate is overrated.

Something Else
02-04-2008, 03:47 AM
No I wasn't.

I'm making a 'why don't BCG have invites' thread now.

ok, ok I was joking. FFS. :snooty:

peat moss
02-04-2008, 03:51 AM
What ever happened to , can't fight them .. so join them ? CR's do have a stake after all nice for them to have an option or forum to discuss their rules .

Myself I could n't care either way as I try never to bend rules here or on the trackers , so FST does the community a big service by weeding out the low lifes or scum . Pretty simple eh ?

stoi
02-04-2008, 03:53 AM
when its 4am in the morning i tend to miss things (stopped up to watch the superbowl)

and maybe i am being too righteous here, and maybe some members here just want me to shut my big mouth, but my point is, a rule is a rule, break it and you risk punishment for breaking it.

peat moss
02-04-2008, 04:02 AM
when its 4am in the morning i tend to miss things (stopped up to watch the superbowl)

and maybe i am being too righteous here, and maybe some members here just want me to shut my big mouth, but my point is, a rule is a rule, break it and you risk punishment for breaking it.

Well said and your not a CR ? I find that odd but just my opinion , what we only allow so many or you have to be invited ? :lol:

marwell
02-04-2008, 04:05 AM
:lol: okey, iTS trading si allowed, but first you need two things:

a) a trader who is on iTS
b) a trader so stupid, that he ask staff for invite and trade it here ...

and If they finds you, you will ged banned, but not only on iTS ... on most of your trackers ...

stoi
02-04-2008, 04:05 AM
I am a CR i just have not got my stars yet.

Btw im not picking on ITs here, in all honesty i have never seen you do this anyway, and i dont even know your complete URL.

I am just making a general statement for every CR on here

KFlint
02-04-2008, 04:12 AM

My opinion is that if a community rep doesn't agree with the invite trading clause, he should refused this title

So are you saying if iTS removes its community rep, youll ban invite trading of iTS?

Not at all, how can you say that?

i'm just saying that tracker staff are already identified in a sticky here, no matter if they are comm rep or not, so they are available to users needing help no matter if they are comm rep or not.

If you are not really agreeing with the invite trading clause, then don't be a comm rep as it's misleading to your and/or our members. But no comm rep = account + invite trading allowed, it's a choice to make

SgtMajor
02-04-2008, 04:27 AM
But there's nothing in the rules to stop members posting their opinions and what might or might not happen, just as certain CRs do, and if they post things like "not a good idea mate" or "you will be hunted, caught & banned", then they can, that is if the OP did not close the thread.

And before posters start crying spam, then they should read up on the rules of spam, posting critical comments in open threads is not spam, posting GL is considered spam.

It's a fine line pointing out the obvious and lots of members "bullying", but if you can't take the heat, then close the thread or stay out of the kitchen.

Nemrod
02-04-2008, 04:31 AM
But there's nothing in the rules to stop members posting their opinions and what might or might not happen, just as certain CRs do, and if they post things like "not a good idea mate" or "you will be hunted, caught & banned", then they can, that is if the OP did not close the thread.

And before posters start crying spam, then they should read up on the rules of spam, posting critical comments in open threads is not spam, posting GL is considered spam.

It's a fine line pointing out the obvious and lots of members "bullying", but if you can't take the heat, then close the thread or stay out of the kitchen.

:yup:
And... nothing further.

stitched
02-04-2008, 04:58 AM
how come no one reads/quote this rule...its there in all the torrent sites..oh yeah rules should be followed only when U want them to be followed..... http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj135/nextstep_15/rules.png if some one wants to follow the rules then FOLLOW THE RULES i really like ITS..,what these few anti trading members of ITS are not yet aware of is the number of traders who are already into ITS...of course that doesn't mean they would trade their ITS account or invite but they have trading history ...FST had a lot to do with ITS being hyped,they might deny it now....i had been to ITS IRC channel, before ITS became ITS...guess what there were 3 members...AND THE 3 MEMBERS WERE STAFF....of course the staff were a lot friendly back then and they even sent me an invite even after i mentioned i had traded in the past....which i never used(i can post screen shot of the ITS invite i never used) soo its not like because some members here claim they wont let traders in and traders can never get into ITS,even if they do oo get into ITS they wont be welcome the account will get disabled sooner or later,its just talking crap.....ITS invites are not traded because that particular member choses not to trade it...not because its there in the rules page instead of flaming here on FST about ITS invites being traded a better suggestion for the community rep would be to create an awareness among the already members not to trade...because some people here are just spamming this to a whole new level.

pone44
02-04-2008, 04:58 AM
it is official then. sorry D.

Something Else
02-04-2008, 05:03 AM
It would probably be quicker to list the sites that DO allow giveaways in public of their invites. I think you will find it's a short list.

pone44
02-04-2008, 05:22 AM
benchez- probably, but would be clear if some were officially put in a thread then bans-ect would create maybe a bigger mess? thats why i asked. A thought is all prob a lame one but?

Detale
02-04-2008, 05:27 AM
AHHHH Love these huge posts

Debate time

Dude you as many others know I LOVE debates but this IS NOT a debate, this is me stating a rule no debate needed here. Now what is debateable as I see it are two points:

1. ITS isn't as involved in anti trading as you would lead others to believe, by having a CR here they ARE allowing invite trades so in an indirect way are in fact supporting trading...

Tracker rules are for the tracker but FST rules are for here Trackers must make a quiet exception about FST and our members. This is something that Feeling decided not to do and thats why he is not a CR( this is not an invitation to bash him, he is a good guy with opinions of his own so leave him be where he cannot defend himself)

2. "tactics as you call them, are they justified?

In my opinion HELL NO they are getting out of hand, I am currently discussing with other members of staff if this should be allowed to go on.

If noone cared then a forum mod wouldnt of had to post a thread like this one to tell people that you can trade any invites here...

However, just like any other community tracker, every single request is posted in a thread on the site, where users are blacklisted. :lol:

So if you request a invite and bring bad publicity...you essentially get yourself banned from getting an invite.

Since the tracker only has 10-15 users that are allowed to get invites...all of which have all your pathetic trade offers already....no invites will ever be traded here.

People can go ahead and request, however you wont get it. Thats the truth...so you should know.

Some people can complain that it is spam or annoying, but I am not personally attacking anyone, I just point out that traders are not welcome in the tracker, I post the current amount of invites out and who has them, and I post reasons why requests for it will just cause invites to become more rare and restricted to even less members. Spam or factual information presented to better inform OP about the current situation of invites and that trading will not get them into the site...:lol:

If you post a trade for FSC or FTN or any other high level tracker...I will say the same thing in there as well. So I do treat it like other trackers, don't think I am just defending iTS.

I personally know each person who has an invite right now and I can assure you that no invi

@predateur Please try and keep the comments constructive or at very least funny, Thanks

@FC

Where to begin..... 1st
However, just like any other community tracker, every single request is posted in a thread on the site, where users are blacklisted

This type of behavior kind of goes against the CRL as CR's and their staff are supposed to make an exception for FST members and their activities here. Making a blacklist of cheaters would I guess be acceptable. Also I find this ironic in that alot of trackers HATE the WTAW thread because the sites want their annonimity yet they will keep a "list" of users Hmmm smells like BS to me.

Some people can complain that it is spam or annoying, but I am not personally attacking anyone-True

I just point out that traders are not welcome in the tracker- Bull5hit

I could search you post and show a bunch of quotes that show you saying "ITS trading is not allowed", not just pointing out, to be fair it's not just you I don't want to single you out here although you seem to be leading the charge most of the time but there are others who do the same.

Until they get banned.
I don't trade as Detale, if somebody wants to d oit, iTS, or not, I advise no to, but I'm not God and I don't care if somebody is banned for trade.
But I like to help people, and if there is a risk of being banned because of trade, I just tell them that.
Other way, its easier to get in sharing, so I also advie that some times.

If people don't cares, I can't do anything else and I won't care too, but to be respected, BitTorrent World must respect him too.

Yes there is another edge to the sword as well, I personally don't like acct trading I feel it's dishonest, I think invite trading is fine BUT, you still must respect the tracker rules as best you can. The way I see it if you are trading for an acct you are looking for a buffer that you can leech from said tracker until the ratio drops to 1:1, also don't people want their own identities? I know I always did. It is the trackers responsibility to make the "trading" exception for FST members.

Lock this thread. pls.

Um in case you didn't notice it I am a BT mod here and I started this thread and Im pretty sure none of my fellow staffers would close it on me. This is something I have noticed and I feel it needs some public attention so if you don't mind I will continue.

Helpful as usual, you should really say something here bro, how you feel either way.

Other mods here have balls too not just me. Oddly enough I have a tattoo of the word "Balls" on my right forearm, thats my nickname where Im from because when I was younger I didn't give a fu*k how big the other guy was. I'll get a pic of it.

This is the reason i didnt become a CR for so long, and we dont even have Invites atm.

Community Reps Layout

The Staff at FST does not believe invite trading is an issue. We’ve found most BT staff we’ve spoken with agree on this. Sites that have issue mostly don’t have them or keep them limited. It’s strange to have invites and then chase and ban those trading them. Many sites give invites to members as a reward for participation, and its clear some members want them to trade and get into other sites.

We’re aware some sites might not agree on this policy, though it’s the policy we’ve chose to take. If you’re here to ban invite traders, don’t ask for “Community Rep” rank on the site. Its better you choose to be a rouge element, although if this is road you choose you will be dealt with as such.

Summary
We believe this approach with “Community Reps” will bring the community closer together. If you agree to the above you may contact FST Staff to request Community Staff rank...
Just trying to point out, that if a staff member from a site is a CR on here, they can not ban members from here trading invites.

I had weeks contemplating this rule with my staff.

First of Stoi Sorry bout you stars man I sent Reality a PM last week but forgive him he is an insanely busy dude. I will send him another PM

Absolutely the truth and Im glad you are a CR here now.

[quote=stoi;2638005]actually i asked Detale this when i got offered the job, and no they cannot(or they are not supposed to anyway).

I know that most sysops ARE strongly against invite trading, however they thought that having a community rep here for general help to members was important.

Dude "minority in caring about it!?" It would appear that you are trying to speak for the entire BT community now? MANY MANY sites don't even care about acct trading let alone invite trading. Stoi you are not in the minority in fact I did a quick review of staffers I know on the CR list and most agree with the CRL whole heartedly.

"Lame rule" Im sorry I missed that one care to post a link to it? Here is a few rules if you care to quote one

We’re aware some sites might not agree on this policy, though it’s the policy we’ve chose to take. If you’re here to ban invite traders, don’t ask for “Community Rep” rank on the site. Its better you choose to be a rouge element, although if this is road you choose you will be dealt with as such.and another one here

There may be occasion when a Community Rep appears to just take action against members. We will deal with each instance of this type as it surfaces. We will NOT tolerate being taken advantage of. Their presence is not to create a battle zone but to assist in joining communities

If it was up to me, nobody at all would post in iTS threads and they'd just be quietly laughed at.

It is up to you ...on your tracker, here you have agreed to let invite trades and their traders alone, You have kept your end of the deal and I applaud that but lately I have read a few posts that kind of promote the behaviors of others that could be considered to be "strong arming" or intimidating posts that some members make saying "invite trades are not allowed" and that isn't the rule and not exactly fair IMO either.

:lol: okey, iTS trading si allowed, but first you need two things:

a) a trader who is on iTS
b) a trader so stupid, that he ask staff for invite and trade it here ...

and If they finds you, you will ged banned, but not only on iTS ... on most of your trackers ...

If you think ITS is void of traders or ex-traders then that would be an amazingly ignorant comment. We have infact had a few, not many but a few successful invite trades here with ITS I have middlemaned 1 myself.

" and If they finds you, you will get banned, but not only on iTS ... on most of your trackers ..."

Again if this is found to be true this would be against the CRL, also don't go throwing other trackers around too many trackers are fighting with each other too much to get together on a thing like this so stop the bull5hit. the Idea of the legendary "Global Ban" should be an option but it lacks the power of all trackers everywhere geting together and agreeing.

I agree that freedom of speech is key I encourage everyone to speak their mind Sarge but there have been many posts involving ITS and there are the same few members posting seemingly intimidating things to no0b members who will get scared to trade, now this kind of action is spreading propaganda about FST rules, sure as shit if I started posting Invite trading is OK on ITS forums the thread would be closed right quick... no?

I do not know this person this thread is about, but are some invites-accounts not allowed to be traded or asked for? If so there should be a clear list of what sites allow invite giveaways-trades (just a suggestion?)..? Seems some do not want this people posting bout them,i guess. Would make it clear if it said ***** can not be givin in a giveaway or traded. I do not engage-never have in trading anything ever! Sorry just wondered in some giveaways , is it worth participating in it or will it be locked-disabled because he-she wont allow giveaways-ect. Rules are rules and i respect them so i am not downing trading or anything, lost FST. Thought for a while about a clear what invite giveaways are allowed officially plus if trading invites-ect for which i care not. Rather have great giveaways.:)

There is it's called ****READ FIRST* // Section Guidelines \\ *READ FIRST**** (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t-read-first-section-guidelines-read-first-124002)

Accounts That Are Not To Be Traded
Below lists bt sites which accounts are NOT allowed to be traded.
Note that any invite trades for these is allowed on the site.
Trades that are NOT allowed will be edited or trashed.
Infractions might be given for posting such threads.
Those repeating will be locked from the section.
BCG |CZ | DevilWolfs | E**** | FSC| FTN | iPlay | iTS | NB | PP |SCL| SD |TDC | TL | WB

thEotheroNe
02-04-2008, 05:38 AM
ahhhhhh... it was time, that takes on my nerves this guy who don't stop with "you're bad, you're trading" -_-

it is really childish

willsmith099
02-04-2008, 05:53 AM
Debate time

No one gives a fuck,FYI almost 99% of trackers don't agree trading but they are being traded so better go and spam ur mum :lol:

SgtMajor
02-04-2008, 05:54 AM

I agree that freedom of speech is key I encourage everyone to speak their mind Sarge but there have been many posts involving ITS and there are the same few members posting seemingly intimidating things to no0b members who will get scared to trade, now this kind of action is spreading propaganda about FST rules, sure as shit if I started posting Invite trading is OK on ITS forums the thread would be closed right quick... no?

So traversely, threads will be locked here then right quick - yes?

Has anyone reported anybody for being abusive or bullying in threads, or is this a decision just based on "a feeling"?

Just as you defend the right to allow what goes on, I will defend the right of reply in all cases.

You should take each thread on a case-by-case basis and nip things in the bud so that clear lines are drawn, or openly respond and give a warning to the person who you consider is abusing or bullying the OP.

It could be said what you are doing as the OP of this thread is bullying 1 tracker :P

And secondary, but along similar lines, you've (as in FST - not you personally) allowed posters to get away with things that gave the impression to think they could post what they wanted wherever they wanted with total freedom, that has been the real problem here, and it has been carried too far in certain cases.

peat moss
02-04-2008, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Other mods here have balls too not just me. Oddly enough I have a tattoo of the word "Balls" on my right forearm, thats my nickname where Im from because when I was younger I didn't give a fu*k how big the other guy was. I'll get a pic of it.

Oh great story of my life, tell me you have you a twin or cousin nicked named big boobs?:naughty:

Swayne
02-04-2008, 06:03 AM
Please close this thread...

peat moss
02-04-2008, 06:13 AM

Why ? The O'P has that option and has chosen not to . :)

kyuuchi
02-04-2008, 06:28 AM
...and now we are into triple figure number of posts...yet I don't see this going anywhere.

Detale
02-04-2008, 07:13 AM

Has anyone reported anybody for being abusive or bullying in threads, or is this a decision just based on "a feeling"?

Just as you defend the right to allow what goes on, I will defend the right of reply in all cases.

You should take each thread on a case-by-case basis and nip things in the bud so that clear lines are drawn, or openly respond and give a warning to the person who you consider is abusing or bullying the OP.

It could be said what you are doing as the OP of this thread is bullying 1 tracker :P

And secondary, but along similar lines, you've (as in FST - not you personally) allowed posters to get away with things that gave the impression to think they could post what they wanted wherever they wanted with total freedom, that has been the real problem here, and it has been carried too far in certain cases.

Ummmm no not really threads are locked here on a case by case basis. Sarge did I hit a nerve here? your posts sound a bit angry in nature did I insult you somehow? I am not bulling ITS I am stating that I don't like the fact that member are bulling other members.

What members report here is confidential, I am not going by mere feelings here, Im going by what Iv read in thread upon thread. Things Iv seen with my own eyes.

" Just as you defend the right to allow what goes on, I will defend the right of reply in all cases."

Now this my man makes you look argumentative More or less saying I will oppose the reply of ALL cases, Not that this is what you are doing I know you better than that, but It makes you look like you don't have a clear opinion and you will argue a point just to oppose me.

" It could be said what you are doing as the OP of this thread is bullying 1 tracker :P"

Sure it could furthermore it could be said that aliens have just landed or that the moon is made of cheese :P

"You...allowed posters to get away with things that gave the impression to think they could post what they wanted wherever they wanted with total freedom, that has been the real problem here, and it has been carried too far in certain cases"

Please speak you mind bro, I honestly have no idea what you mean. If you see a post that you feel should be locked by all means report it straight away.

Enough with the "close this thread" nonsense it will not be closed

...and now we are into triple figure number of posts...yet I don't see this going anywhere.

Well with quality posts like this I'm surprised you feel this way

Dark Archon
02-04-2008, 09:49 AM

i cannot agree more mate! As long as i*S itself does not allow traders to come in, it doesn't matter how many i*S trade threads are made and how desperate traders want to be.

vinhkhang01
02-04-2008, 09:55 AM
First of all, if anyone is allowed to say "YOU ARE ALLOWED TO TRADE ITS INVITES", if would be iTS staff members themselves.
Please accept my apology if you're one of iTS staff members.

If not, please leave this matter to them to handle and take care.

fsephie
02-04-2008, 10:26 AM
What a lot of the ITS members here are not realizing is that this site is wholly separate from that tracker. Just because a site has a certain set of rules does not mean that FST has to necessarily respect them. Shocking? Maybe, but that's a right that they have. They also have the right to ban you for disrupting their stance and they have the right to warn you that disrupting trade threads will result in consequences. Don't like it? Report the user in your tracker's handy-dandy report the traders thread, just don't take it up here where it is allowed.

vinhkhang01
02-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Should say this instead in general....All invites are allowed to trade here but follow trackers' rules.

This is my opinion and that's what forum is meant to be (opinions, discussion, ideas, point of views, etc).

What a lot of the ITS members here are not realizing is that this site is wholly separate from that tracker. Just because a site has a certain set of rules does not mean that FST has to necessarily respect them. Shocking? Maybe, but that's a right that they have. They also have the right to ban you for disrupting their stance and they have the right to warn you that disrupting trade threads will result in consequences. Don't like it? Report the user in your tracker's handy-dandy report the traders thread, just don't take it up here where it is allowed.

mrnobody
02-04-2008, 12:13 PM

Oh great story of my life, tell me you have you a twin or cousin nicked named big boobs?:naughty:

had to quote that one :lol:

--

I didn't hear much response from other side...

i am having a feeling that someone will step down from CR...probably that's best for both sides

P.S. i am glad that the whole thing of "trading and CR" was brought up...thanks stoi ;)

stitched
02-04-2008, 12:15 PM
First of all, if anyone is allowed to say "YOU ARE ALLOWED TO TRADE ITS INVITES", if would be iTS staff members themselves.

he was talking about trading of ITS invites being allowed in FST since a few members of ITS seemed to be create an impression that ITS invite trading is not allowed in FST, mocking traders who would want to trade their ITS invites ...since he is a staff in FST,and he is trying to express his views in FST FORUMS,i think his views matter...he also meant if some one chose to trade ITS then its fine with FST,he didnt not imply that everyone SHOULD TRADE their ITS invite...he was not trying to offend anyone or disrespect ITS .... this is just my version of what he was trying to say....people always see what they want to see...

hit79
02-04-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm a trader and i want to join in this great tracker of no trader.I'm not a trader but i find one inv to its and that trader wants to give him something,so he is a trader,so its is full of traders.Gl-i want one invite to its for free from no traders.Thanks.

briand5379
02-04-2008, 01:04 PM
I don't think it's ever been implied that you can't trade iTS invites on here as I think most of us know all invites are fair game. I've seen some members saying the site doesn't allow it and that push the point your account will be gone if your caught and most times it's true so I really don't see what the issue is.

I'm frankly lost at what hit79 is trying to say.

SCR
02-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Everyone has choices to make. Those choices may result in severe consequences or happiness.
You are right.
And in the Invites Section Guidelines here at FST this can be found.
"Respect Communities You're A Member Of
Who You Invite
Most sites want you to invite those you know and trust.
At the least read their posts to get familiar with them.
If possible check their profile at mutual torrent sites.
Site Names And URL Links
DO NOT post links or names of sites that don't want them posted.
DO NOT post names with spaces and similar to bypass filters.
DO NOT post images with this information for these sites.
Read the rules of the sites you're a member at and if you choose
to break them don't complain if action is taken against you."

So even FST does not encourage trading it actually encourage users to read the rules off the trackers and make their choice . Too bad that the majority makes the wrong choice.

Hunim
02-04-2008, 01:14 PM
I don't think it's ever been implied that you can't trade iTS invites on here as I think most of us know all invites are fair game. I've seen some members saying the site doesn't allow it and that push the point your account will be gone if your caught and most times it's true so I really don't see what the issue is.

hit79 is saying he's not a trader and he wants to join iTS, and he wants a iTS invite for free, he found one invite but the guy who has the invite wants to trade it!

briand5379
02-04-2008, 01:21 PM
The first 3 words say I'm a trader. So if he's not a trader what's that suppose to mean. That's where I got lost at.

hit79
02-04-2008, 01:53 PM

hit79 is saying he's not a trader and he wants to join iTS, and he wants a iTS invite for free, he found one invite but the guy who has the invite wants to trade it!

Thanks for translate for me .I only speak german ,franceze and greek.

NOLF
02-04-2008, 02:19 PM
ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz http://www.smileyhut.com/sleep/sleep1.gif

Nemrod
02-04-2008, 02:30 PM
I guess this post obey to some complain from users that maybe they felt intimidated or pressured. In my particular case I don´t think somebody can say I was disrespectful or that I intimidated anyone.
Of course, here, FST rules are the ones to be followed. Nobody can expect that rules from other sites be adopted by FST.

I´m not a first line soldier of iTS regarding to requests or tradings, not an iTS taliban either, most of all because I think that kind of behavior tends to achieve the contrary effect that we really wish: keep low profile.

But I think that advising people about the right way to join iTS it´s not a bad thing.
Most of the times we are doing the guy a favor. Look, at iTS we are a few, we know each other, any new member that join to our community is noted, it´s not like at other sites where people signup and nobody notes the fact, if we take in consideration that invites are very few, no needed Sherlock Holmes to detect who got in in an inappropriate way. And that person, maybe being a good future member it´s banned. I really feel sorry for guys that traded an invite for a high-level site, because he will lose both things, iTS membership and what he gave in change.

I´m not a fierce anti-trader, in one way or another all of us are, or have been at any given time, in my humble opinion. But I don´t like people lose valuable things in a sterile attempt for joining a community that in many cases he has not even a remote idea what really it is or what offer. And I don´t like either that known bad users can join to our community.
If at any moment somebody felt bad because of me, I truly apologize, but I´ll keep warning people about doing things the right way about iTS, with respect but I´ll keep doing it. I think I have the right to do it and that´s not against any FST rule.

Something Else
02-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Basically in a nutshell. FST doesn't give a shit about iTS and iTS doesn't give a shit about FST. :smilie4:

Harsh, but I reckon that may be true.

monk3y
02-04-2008, 03:04 PM
as fatcat said earlier there are a few people who can receive invites in its atm so good luck trying to trade it ahhhh =)

@benchez you are wrong, if it was like you say then you wouldn't have seen here its mods helping its and non-its users, also i don't believe fst hates its all datale said is that some people are wrong telling other people that it's forbidden by fst to trade its invites here while it's allowed.

KFlint
02-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Basically in a nutshell. FST doesn't give a shit about iTS

that's false man, with all due respect

if you think that we don't give a heck about that, then we would we personnaly take some time to give infractions to account traders, moderating these threads and giving them a hard time trying to do trade accounts? I believe a good job is done on that aspect and members are really helpfull reporting those threads

FST agree that account trading is an important issue because you are entering with and thus it is forbidden when having a comm rep agreement.

I repeat myself here but anyway :

If invites are handed out at large on your tracker, security is obviously not a major issue for this tracker, otherwise you would be more selective in the invite process and would be using an application form for inviting new members or even be closing invite system completly

So there are ways to prevent a lot of invite tradings to happen, but i believe that this part isn't a job for FST, trackers have to do their homework and spend more time examining invite requests

and iTS doesn't give a shit about FST. :smilie4:.

then i would ask ITS comm rep to say it if it's what he thinks

;)

bikernin
02-04-2008, 07:20 PM
i think this thread has led to much animosity. but if you take an overall view of it, both sides are right in their own way.
1) iTS staff have obviously made it very clear that they dont want their invites to be traded. while this is hardly uncommon with trackers, the fact that the iTS community is built with a lot of long standing FST members, has lead to a sort of enforcement of this rule. hence everytime someone has tried to trade for its they have just been met with denials from its members. i think this is just because the members of this community are very keen to keep traders out and are very particular, hence discouraging any trades or offers they see here.
2) on the other hand, the bit torrrent invites section, which is the most popular section here in FST, was mainly started so that people could come here and trade invites. so the conflict is very fundamental in nature. obviously it would be asking too much from the FST mods to disallow trading invites for a particular site as it would compromise the very purpose for which this section was started.
all said and done, there are several sites out there which are very strict about invite trading. how they choose to enforce it is by tracking down the traders and banning them from their sites. since only a handful of iTS members have invites, this seems to be a very practical thing to do and traders will easily be caught and dealt with. let it be known to those trading invites here that they are doing so at their own risk and if caught they will get banned from that site.
i hope this extinguishes this fire and all you guys here kiss and make up :D

stoi
02-04-2008, 07:43 PM
but your missing the point, if they have a CR here, which they do, they HAVE to turn a blind eye to members that trade invites on FST.

If they have not got a CR then members can trade accounts BUT they then can ban members that trade accounts OR invites on FST.

bikernin
02-04-2008, 07:50 PM
well so do all other sites. if the CR sees someone trading, he should go ban that guy from the site. i mentioned this at the end. and FST dosent allow account trading anyway
the solution is enforcing the rules on the tracker and not here. im sure after making an example out of someone who trades invites, people will stop doing so automatically

stoi
02-04-2008, 07:54 PM
But he cant, thats the whole point here, if he does he will get demoted from CR (if he is caught that is).

if you havnt got a CR you can ban anyone, but Account trades and Invite trades can be posted.

If you are a CR, then Account trades cannot be posted on FST, invite trades can, and there isnt a thing you can do to the members that trade.

thats the way its supposed to work, wether it actually works that way in IRL is another question though.

bikernin
02-04-2008, 07:59 PM
my friend, if everything worked the way it was supposed to, then it would be a differnt world wouldnt it?
that way tracker invites are not meant to be traded in the first place.
i dint know that a CR will get demoted here if he bans a trader from his site (im sorry i dint have the patience to go through 13 pages :P). if this is true, i think this is an issue which the tracker staff can work out with FST admins. eventually its their tracker and they have every right to ban someone who violates their rules, whether its legal on FST or not. and im also pretty sure there are CRs here who have banned people for trading and still hold their status

stoi
02-04-2008, 08:05 PM
well im sorry, going over old shit here from 10 pages ago but..

If a member gets banned for whatever reason on their trackers, the most commen answer is "Well, you should have read the FAQ/Rules and abided by it"

so how come its ok for them to say that to their members, but on here break the rules of FST.

Hypocrycy if you ask me.

If they dont follow the rules of FST, then dont become CR. but dont expect the mods of FST to bend over backwards and kiss your ass just because your a tracker owner/staffer.

yes i am a tracker owner, and i am a CR, but imho, im just the same as any one of you on here, I dont want or expect any special treatment, if i fuck up i expect to be punished just like everyone else.

PS: sorry for the swearing, but this thread is starting to annoy the hell out of me now :lol:

bikernin
02-04-2008, 08:11 PM
totally agreed m8. if a CR breaks the rules here he should be dealt with accordingly. im not quite aware of what violations were made by which CR (i guess ill have to go through all the pages after all :)) i think this issue can be resolved much more peacefully thats all

stoi
02-04-2008, 08:13 PM
No one has broke the rules "in this thread".

I was just trying to point out to members on here from other trackers, that it doesnt matter how many times they post, "you cant trade" the fact is, If the tracker has a CR they can trade and the tracker cannot do a thing about it. (invites that is)

PBT42
02-04-2008, 08:17 PM
The point is bloody clear! You CAN trade iTs invites here! Why the hell can't people accept that?? If iTs don't want traders, then they can ban the traders account, like every other tracker does. EVERY tracker is the SAME. BitSoup could suddenly decide to dislike traders, and it would go up levels, but that doesn't make it any different! I say lock this thread! Too much spam! :sly:
iTs is no different! So @ all the iTs non-traders/giveawayers: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease:

SgtMajor
02-04-2008, 08:21 PM

Ummmm no not really threads are locked here on a case by case basis. Sarge did I hit a nerve here? your posts sound a bit angry in nature did I insult you somehow? I am not bulling ITS I am stating that I don't like the fact that member are bulling other members.

What members report here is confidential, I am not going by mere feelings here, Im going by what Iv read in thread upon thread. Things Iv seen with my own eyes.

" Just as you defend the right to allow what goes on, I will defend the right of reply in all cases."

Now this my man makes you look argumentative More or less saying I will oppose the reply of ALL cases, Not that this is what you are doing I know you better than that, but It makes you look like you don't have a clear opinion and you will argue a point just to oppose me.

" It could be said what you are doing as the OP of this thread is bullying 1 tracker :P"

Sure it could furthermore it could be said that aliens have just landed or that the moon is made of cheese :P

"You...allowed posters to get away with things that gave the impression to think they could post what they wanted wherever they wanted with total freedom, that has been the real problem here, and it has been carried too far in certain cases"

Please speak you mind bro, I honestly have no idea what you mean. If you see a post that you feel should be locked by all means report it straight away.

Nothing could be further from the truth, nothing I post should ever be taken personally, just posting an opposing view that's all, I may have a harsh posting style but that's all that it is, I tend not to use flowery language (or smileys) and just get to the point, probably too bluntly sometimes, but hey, we are all different right?

If you have seen things with your own eyes, and done nothing about it, then that creates the feeling that the same posters can do & say what they want, which comes back round to nipping things in the bud, and stopping those very posters from getting away with it.

I will report more if that's what you want, but more reporting creates more work, but I'm sure now that clear guidelines have been drawn, more & more will report the abusive & spamming posters and those posters that take threads way OffT from what the OP intended.

But just as FST is defending the right of posters to do what they want within FSTs rules, then the right to respond to those open threads, in a polite manner of course, reminding them of what will or might happen, providing they stay OnT and within the FST rules, is also to be defended.

bikernin
02-04-2008, 08:23 PM
yea you cannot do anything here. but you have the power to deal with it on your site. CRs have done it on numerous occasions.

stoi
02-04-2008, 08:25 PM
so that is breaking FST rules.

so dont be a CR

its not rocket science.

bikernin
02-04-2008, 08:27 PM
i dont think FST allowing this trade is going to make any difference. since only few members have invites in the first place, there are going to be no trades anyway. so i think both can coexist peacefully

so that is breaking FST rules.

so dont be a CR

its not rocket science.

what is the exact role of a CR anyway? you can help people about your site w/o being one also. so yea, if you wanna ban traders, dont be a CR

SAM
02-04-2008, 08:37 PM
i guess, if an ITS member want to trade his invites so it's ok.
and it's ok for ITS staff to ban his ass.

The Gladiator
02-04-2008, 08:40 PM

It's more than fair...:)

bikernin
02-04-2008, 08:45 PM
lol. just saw the tags on this thread :lol:

stoi
02-04-2008, 08:53 PM

ffs they can if they are not CR if they are CR they cant.

The Gladiator
02-04-2008, 09:04 PM

What a hell... :lol::lol:

SAM
02-04-2008, 09:12 PM
well,
we have to be fair
some of ITS members had been carried away in their defending for their beloved tracker.
we saw some real harsh posts and some spamming in some of ITS TRADING THREADS.
but most ITS MEMBERS were trying to clarify the fact that there are very few ITS INVITES and most of them were given on request not by promotion,so it's hard to find an invite trader in ITS.that's what most of us as members in both FST and ITS trying to say.
Talking about myself, I'm proud to be a FST MEMBER though i don't like trading or you may say i hate the whole concept of trading.but still i cherish my membership here and i will always do .

The Gladiator
02-04-2008, 09:24 PM
well,
we have to be fair
some of ITS members had been carried away in their defending for their beloved tracker.
we saw some real harsh posts and some spamming in some of ITS TRADING THREADS.
but most ITS MEMBERS were trying to clarify the fact that there are very few ITS INVITES and most of them were given on request not by promotion,so it's hard to find an invite trader in ITS.that's what most of us as members in both FST and ITS trying to say.
Talking about myself, I'm proud to be a FST MEMBER though i don't like trading or you may say i hate the whole concept of trading.but still i cherish my membership here and i will always do .

We know that you are, and we are proud to to have you as a member here :)

PS: Don't say that i'm am ass-kisser because i'm a trader so i don't have any chances to get iTS from him :lol:

mrnobody
02-04-2008, 09:40 PM
rofl stoi (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/stoi-438)

regardless of u repeating the rules several times...every new guy pops out and ask the same statement :lol:

@bikernin (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/bikernin-124701),

read the FST CR agreement:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-commmunity-reps-fst-post2286677/postcount1

if you are lazy, read the highlighted stuff here

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-its-just-let-you-all-know-post2637986/postcount62

just in case u are more lazier i will paste it out for u :P

Invite Trading

Summary

and as previously said in the thread there are staffers from trackers who did not agree with invite trading section so they never asked for CR...or when CR position was offered to them they denied it. Feeling (ScT staffer) is an example, he does not agree with that stuff and hence isn't a CR...but yet he is listed out in a thread (alone with other staffer whether they are CR or not) just so people know how to reach him if any help is required.

Nobody is forcing staffer to be a CR (it's a choice)...if they want to be a CR they have to agree with the agreement...if they don't agree and want to ban invite trader at FST...don't be a CR.

I think the agreement is pretty simple, which part people do not get? :whistling

But just as FST is defending the right of posters to do what they want within FSTs rules, then the right to respond to those open threads, in a polite manner of course, reminding them of what will or might happen, providing they stay OnT and within the FST rules, is also to be defended.

the rules are clearly stated so idk what is left there to prove or to defend.

beside, i think vast majority of traders already know the consequences of trade. Even if they don't, there is NO necessity of posting same chant "trading isn't allowed" in every single trade/ request thread for same tracker....not especially by 20 people at once.

stroj
02-04-2008, 09:48 PM

:hooray:

anyway, if you think this thread will change something, dont waste your time

pro267
02-04-2008, 11:02 PM
I hate trading...invites & accounts...however it's pretty bloody rich to say well people have to respect the site rules or get banned but it's ok for comm reps not to respect the rules of FST.

There are plenty of staffers here who aren't com reps and I hope they ban every trader on this board. But all the comm reps I'm sure are well aware of FST's stance on this issue, no matter how much they or I disagree with it thems just the facts of life.

But I will say I think one of the main points is that ITs has fuck all invites so the chances of people trading for one are very slim. Therefore the best bet is to report it to staff let them handle it and be done with it. Spamming the threads just intensifies the hype. And a mod can correct me if I'm wrong but I was told when I was invited ages ago that the idea was not to draw attention to this tracker.

[OFF TOPIC]Fatcat mate why don't you leach? If you truly love ITs I'm telling you right now that's what it needs, so...[/OFF TOPIC]
Damn Sear, this is so fucked up, I keep agreeing with everything you say it's just fucking annoying as hell.
Anyway, I've tried to read most of the meaningful posts on the thread and there are a few things I want to add/stress regarding some of the points raised here:

One thing I've noticed and is important to stress is that the bashing of iTS invite traders is not coming from iTS staff but from iTS members who seem to really care about the tracker. While I'm sure it was done with good intent I do think that (without naming names) a few of the members had gone too far with it, and although I hate to admit it I understand why Detale posted this thread: this is the backlash of the uncontrolled behavior by some of the members. People should just relax and try to think about the big picture: is spamming the threads really helpful in preventing trading of iTS invites? My answer btw is that no, it wasn't the spamming, it was the fact that there were simply no invites to trade. All the spamming did was build a hype around the tracker (which was created because of the actions of these vigilantes and not requested/endorsed by the staff), which in turn moved it up the traders' wishlist. The best thing iTS members can do is probably ignore the invite trading threads and report the account trading attempts as soon as they see them. If you read the posts made by the iTS comm. rep in this thread you'll see that he pretty much said that (ITS, please correct me if I'm wrong).

This thread also got me thinking about the FST policy which states that account trading will be disallowed (while invite trading will be allowed) for trackers that have comm. reps here, and I feel that this rule is wrong on so many levels, and I'll try to explain why:

First of all, the existence of such a rule indicates that FST acknowledges that account trading is wrong and hurts the BT community (otherwise why would they make an option to disallow it?). Well, my point here is that if account trading is wrong then it should be banned altogether and unconditionally. You can't have it both ways.

Secondly, in my opinion this rule twists the arms of (most of) the staffers by forcing them to put up with something they do not believe in (invites trading) in return to a promise that another thing which they agree to even less (account trading) will be disallowed. I think that using account trading as a leverage in this way is just wrong, no matter what the benefit for FST members is. As an FST member, I'm willing to forfeit this benefit if it means that it is forced upon the trackers, and I'm sure many others feel the same way.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. Sorry for the long post, I expected it to be much shorter when I started it. Let's make it 3 cents then, shall we? :P

Detale
02-04-2008, 11:03 PM

Well please take note of my lovely purple stars I am a BT Mod here and FST rules say you can trade ITS Invites here and so I have every right to say

I nor anyone else here has to be staff at ITS to say this because we are not on ITS now we are on FST

he was talking about trading of ITS invites being allowed in FST since a few members of ITS seemed to be create an impression that ITS invite trading is not allowed in FST, mocking traders who would want to trade their ITS invites ...since he is a staff in FST,and he is trying to express his views in FST FORUMS,i think his views matter...he also meant if some one chose to trade ITS then its fine with FST,he didnt not imply that everyone SHOULD TRADE their ITS invite...he was not trying to offend anyone or disrespect ITS .... this is just my version of what he was trying to say....people always see what they want to see...

Yes I have seen people trying to do exactly this, thanks for getting the jist of it.

Perhaps YOU yourself didn't but Others sure have flat out said this, when I have more time if it's still needed I will find the posts.

Basically in a nutshell. FST doesn't give a shit about iTS and iTS doesn't give a shit about FST. :smilie4:

Harsh, but I reckon that may be true.

Sorry bro, you know I love you man but FST cares a great deal about trackers, we are one of the only trading forums that has CR's and filters UrL's for them we take care and try to have a respect for each other.

well so do all other sites. if the CR sees someone trading, he should go ban that guy from the site. i mentioned this at the end. and FST dosent allow account trading anyway
the solution is enforcing the rules on the tracker and not here. im sure after making an example out of someone who trades invites, people will stop doing so automatically

yea you cannot do anything here. but you have the power to deal with it on your site. CRs have done it on numerous occasions.

If I or any other staff member here find this to be true about ANY tracker not just ITS the CR will be immediately removed and them and their staff possibly locked from the invite section completely. This has happened before and dealt with severly.

Nothing could be further from the truth, nothing I post should ever be taken personally, just posting an opposing view that's all, I may have a harsh posting style but that's all that it is, I tend not to use flowery language (or smileys) and just get to the point, probably too bluntly sometimes, but hey, we are all different right?

If you have seen things with your own eyes, and done nothing about it, then that creates the feeling that the same posters can do & say what they want, which comes back round to nipping things in the bud, and stopping those very posters from getting away with it.

I will report more if that's what you want, but more reporting creates more work, but I'm sure now that clear guidelines have been drawn, more & more will report the abusive & spamming posters and those posters that take threads way OffT from what the OP intended.

Sorry sarge I was tired and a little bitchy last night. Now I allowed posters to post their opinions. EVERY thread I have seen like this I have corrected the people saying that ITS invites are not to be traded so if I missed some it means I didn't see it. Believe me I don't normally go picking on 1 site for no reason, anyone that knows me will know this. But I feel it's our job to help FST members first and foremost.

Honestly I'm not just saying this but I like when you report things you don't ever report crap you only report good solid problems that arise. More work!? Thats why we're here bro.

The reason I started this post is because I saw the not so polite posts basically spreading falsehoods about FST rules that got under my skin.

more to come I gtg right now

Polarbear
02-05-2008, 12:51 PM
i'm not an its member, but i learned that the tracker has a very small and devoted userbase.

i can understand that members like to show their support and keep bad users away from the tracker.

what some people don't realize is, that mini-modding in an its request or trade thread doesn't help the tracker at all. every single post like "we don't want traders" or "i told you, you are not gonna get it" does nothing but bump the thread and attract even more unwanted attention to the tracker.
the more its threads with 35 replies, the more will follow.

my advice would be just to ignore those threads in the invite section. i know that is hard, because we're talking about notorious spammer and wannabe staff here.

if its has a very limited number of invites, the traders won't get it anyway. i propose to be cool and let them bump their own thread a few times. after a few bumps they will painfully notice themselves that they can't get what they want.

if you want to show what sort of ideal member you are, ignore the its trade threads and let them die a sudden death. there's no need to show them your superiority.

hardcore traders don't trade to get invites, they do it for fun. i've read some its trade attempts where i was quite sure, that the trader wasn't interested in the tracker at all.
all he wanted was to proof himself and others, that he could get it via trading.

those people want recognition, attention and a feeling of success. every reply, every pm they get gives them a certain satisfaction.
the more they bump their thread, the more they admit their own defeat.
that hurts more than (un)funny pictures and a rule lecture.

if you want to hit the trader hard and support your tracker - ignore all threads that contain the letters "its" in the invite section.

i promise you after a while they will disappear like magic.

be active on its, not in invite trading threads!

mrnobody
02-05-2008, 01:04 PM
nicely put bear!

hope things change after this thread lol

Dark Archon
02-05-2008, 01:08 PM
this thread sure generated more publicity than needed for i*S

FatBob
02-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Its

http://images.contentreserve.com/ImageType-100/1087-1/%7B1AC77ECA-0FDB-459E-8B60-52CB36DAD4D4%7DImg100.jpg

:unsure:

Something Else
02-05-2008, 01:21 PM

duh duh duh dededededede...deh deh deh deh deh deh. :smilie4:

~ATB~
02-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Thanks Detale for this ;) awesome

information
02-06-2008, 03:31 PM
this thread sure generated more publicity than needed for i*S

+1

Deathless
02-06-2008, 03:51 PM
i think now some non-traders will become traders :lol: lol

maddoxro
02-06-2008, 04:37 PM
i think now some non-traders will become traders :lol: lol
You think wrong.

stitched
02-06-2008, 05:10 PM
one thing about change is...i never happens over night...or because of 1 or few threads it takes a lot more than this to bring any change.....and even if anything would change it would be temporary....soo dont lose your sleep over it