PDA

View Full Version : Rapidshare vs. BitTorrent

Pages : [1] 2

absonic
02-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Which 'download method' do you prefer?
I mean, torrents are great - you can download as much as you want, as long as you upload enough files... But, the bad sides are that almost are better trackers are 0day, some older torrents are often not seeded well etc, etc... Speeds are often lower than your connection's maximum and such and such...
But with rapidshare - you can find anything there... The ONLY (at least for me) bad side is that it has a 25GB limit for 5 days...

So, my question is - what do you use more - RS or torrents? Or maybe you combine?

corpse
02-04-2008, 09:38 PM
I used to dl from rapidshare, megaupload and all that sh.., but after starting with torrents there's no turning back :P
If you want to dl from RS, you have to get premium acc (or download everything in 100MB parts and wait between every of those... ofc there are programs like rapget etc, but using it only have sense if you have dynamic ip... but anyway its not working everytime), which (the account) you have to pay for... Torrents - free2leech, and it's way easier, better etc etc :P

bungeemirth
02-05-2008, 03:28 AM
i would go w/ combining those two since there is nothing that specified we have to be pledge our loyalty to one method:blink:. anyway as long as it gets the job done, why do we have to fight about which one is the best

tusks
02-05-2008, 08:50 AM
Refer to this very large thread:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-file-sharing-8/t-which-better-warez-bit-torrent-272177

grimms
02-08-2008, 12:23 AM
Torrents win the battle for me. Never looked back since.

zero0
02-08-2008, 01:18 AM
sometimes i cant find pro or move or some files on Torrent ... but i can find these files on Rapidshare &Vice versa ..so i use both of them:yup:

contravene
02-08-2008, 01:34 AM
I use torrents for most of my files. I only use rapidshare when downloading files that other people want to share with me. It's good for uploading files and then sending links to people you know. Although I do prefer Zshare to Rapidshare for that purpose.

The speeds seem to have gotten slower over the years. When it wasn't as known, I used to get way faster speeds when downloading.

I don't really see a need for paying for rapidshare. If I wanted to pay to download files, I'd start using newsgroups.

ciprinho
02-08-2008, 10:08 AM
torrents ar the best, for sure

C-mos
02-08-2008, 10:15 AM
rapidshare :D

skkjino
02-08-2008, 10:37 AM
bittorrent

agapejournal
02-08-2008, 05:13 PM
For music i prefer rapidshare. For movies i use BT.

Cr3sp0
02-08-2008, 06:26 PM
If i don't find what i want in the bitorrent trackers, i download from RS.
:)

Tastas
02-08-2008, 08:00 PM
Certainly Torrent for me :D

chicus
02-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Torrent

lubu
02-09-2008, 12:40 AM
I mostly use torrents but I do fall back on RS in case I do ot find it in any of the trackers that I am on

PACE
02-09-2008, 02:46 AM
this should have been a poll :D anyway I'd use Rapidshare if I had a premium account (7000 more points to go XD)

singing_sol
02-09-2008, 04:34 AM
yeah there is a thin like once u get into torrents u won't like to go back to rs or mu

Windy72
02-09-2008, 06:51 PM
In this order usenet, rapidshare, BT, Emule :noes:

Although if I am honest I use BT more than RS. I would just say that is my order of preference to downloading. P2P comes last because of the uploading requirement and I do not wish to be a leech on trackers. I am power user status on most of BT trackers I use but why waste ratio and cause yourself a lot of uploading.

spork985
02-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Defiantly bit torrent, it's so much more user friendly and doesn't spam you with ads.

VIZFX
02-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Personally I prefer bittorrent because of all the different specialty sites.

deathhiya
02-10-2008, 04:18 AM
I prefer torrents because I don't have a Rapidshare premium account.

torrentgeek
02-10-2008, 06:25 AM
Ultimately it is the Torrents which won my heart. They are really good.

Submission
02-10-2008, 06:51 AM
i prefer robbing bestbuy

Neszton
02-10-2008, 08:09 AM
I say, Bittorrent :)

thaking
02-10-2008, 08:18 AM
Bittorrent :01: :yup:

suppli3r
02-11-2008, 01:25 AM
Bittorrent

kayvanblue
02-11-2008, 03:10 AM
bittorrent!! no question asked

TP635
02-11-2008, 06:16 AM
I dl a lot older music from RS, I don't need to bother about ratio. fact is the uploader will thank you for downloading his files collection. The only time I dl from torrent is when I have no other choice and have enough buffer to get by.
Yes they each have advantages and disadvantages.

mee2wo
02-11-2008, 10:01 PM
I use both,l've had a Rapidshare premium account for month,just to check it out.It runs
out today,l may get premium account again.But not sure yet.

Minuteman
02-11-2008, 11:16 PM
I use RS for music, that's it. BT for the rest. Never bothered to pay for RS either. I can get more music a day for free than I have time to listen to anyway.

will17
02-12-2008, 02:20 AM
Use to use alot of rapidshare cause of my uni connection which didnt allow torrents. Now i only use torrents for everything.

BlackEyes
02-12-2008, 12:12 PM
i love BT more than any other way .

d1sc0nt3nt
02-12-2008, 10:37 PM
I use Torrents for my main source of stuff and Rapidshare alot for smaller things like apps lol

Juhasz82
02-13-2008, 12:58 PM
torrent :)

deepee
02-13-2008, 03:59 PM
always bittorrent

etqwplaya
02-13-2008, 07:24 PM
I usually look on torrent sites first, and if I cant find something I search on some forums which usually result with RS links.

ghost716
02-16-2008, 05:33 PM
i love rapidshare cuz its fast but finding 0day stuff is a lot more organized with torrents (no dups or anything which is nice)

Diiyad
02-17-2008, 08:02 AM
I use rapidshare for older releases, BT for the newest releases.

Pzero
02-17-2008, 10:44 PM
Torrents....no need to trouble yourself finding a premium account or 'other way' to do that, and torrents get me untranscoded music, along with shows and movies I can just view without having to download in separate pieces etc..

odinb
02-18-2008, 01:49 AM
torrents

Kyokushin
02-18-2008, 02:16 AM
torrents of course. Direct download links dont last too long. Besides you have to wait between donwloads, and that can be very annoying when you are downloading a splitted file.

DasFox
02-18-2008, 03:30 AM
Rapidshare stinks, having to wait for times in between downloads, and besides it's not supporting a private community like Bittorrent so why even bother with it.

Rapidshare is lame, it does nothing to help support or promote a P2P community, it's just private enterprise greed...

superbadass
02-18-2008, 06:15 AM
Agree with DasFox re: wait times and community and Kyokoshin re: limited life of links. Of course, if you don't care about community and don't want to bother keeping up your ratios, RS may be great for you, especially in terms of speed.

bungeemirth
02-18-2008, 08:50 AM
is it just me or most individual who post their opinion actually does not have any clue at all about the actual potentials and benefits that RS can gives to its users. no disrespect guys, but even though only some of the users actually indicated that they have/ previously had a premium rs account, yet most of the individuals who posted here seems to think they know everything about RS.

r u frickin SERIOUS??? come on guys, as much as you hate to pay for the stuff that you download, you have to realize that THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH, there's a cheaper one off course you still have to pay for it, and this is the solution that the internet have generously provided to us over the years- as opposed to shelling out our money to buy dvd's and cd's. still dont believe about what i'm stating here, then go ask any of major bittorent users about how much money they are spending per month for their seedboxes so that they could maintain a respectable ratios in private trackers; go ask anyone who got axx to private ftp about how much shit that they have to go through to obtain their axxs, go ask any usenet users about how much money they have to shell out per month to ensure that they could download as much as they can.

Oh yeah, the idea of community is not just limited to BT's only, where do you think RS users got their stuff from= warez forum, where do you think Usenet users got their stuff from= NZB indexer forums-notice what this forum actually offers, where do you think e-mule users got their stuff from= Forums. so yeah every downloading community have it's own community, even though the hierarchy and the way we communicate is different based on the respective downloading method. if there's no such thing as community behind these downloading methods, how do you think these thing became popular in the first place?? anyway,

anyway,, TO THE MODERATOR OF THIS FORUM, pls mate, i'm begging you, the next time you see this kind of thread-which one is better thread type- please just closed them or merge it with old thread that have similar topic, because i've noticed that over the past 2 month or so, there are at least 2 similar threads like this one, and most of the posts tend to be terse,and poll-like answers, as oppose to "real" answers

titofat
02-18-2008, 10:25 AM
torrent

kooftspc11
02-19-2008, 01:37 AM
i prefer rapidshare because of the speed and the overall availability of the content. there are many obscure files that 0-day trackers and even bigger trackers do not have...and if they do, they are seedless like watermelons.

but torrent trackers add an element of fun filesharing. there are communities and nice people and niche trackers. the level of personal involvement for me is much higher in trackers than on ddl forums. if i need something right away i use rs.com. if i have a few minutes to kill i will use a tracker

DasFox
02-19-2008, 02:38 AM
is it just me or most individual who post their opinion actually does not have any clue at all about the actual potentials and benefits that RS can gives to its users.

=====> REPLY:
I know close to damm near everything, been on the web since the day it started, over 20 year geek here, don't let the post count fool ya. ;)

no disrespect guys, but even though only some of the users actually indicated that they have/ previously had a premium rs account, yet most of the individuals who posted here seems to think they know everything about RS.

======> REPLY: I know pretty much about as much as you need to know, that this is not a P2P community, that is real simple!

r u frickin SERIOUS??? come on guys, as much as you hate to pay for the stuff that you download, you have to realize that THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH, there's a cheaper one off course you still have to pay for it, and this is the solution that the internet have generously provided to us over the years- as opposed to shelling out our money to buy dvd's and cd's. still dont believe about what i'm stating here, then go ask any of major bittorent users about how much money they are spending per month for their seedboxes so that they could maintain a respectable ratios in private trackers; go ask anyone who got axx to private ftp about how much shit that they have to go through to obtain their axxs, go ask any usenet users about how much money they have to shell out per month to ensure that they could download as much as they can.

=====> REPLY: Sure there are a lot of people paying the way you are suggesting, I don't disagree, but if you know how to get into a good private torrent tracker, use good P2P appz, and Torrent Search Engines, the only thing you pay for are "TIME" and "Electricity" keeping the box running to download or seed. I've downloaded for years many things without paying a penny, just a little extra in electricity for keeping my box running, so I know for a fact you can get anything out there for free, this is why I'd never pay into buying a RS account.

Oh yeah, the idea of community is not just limited to BT's only, where do you think RS users got their stuff from= warez forum, where do you think Usenet users got their stuff from= NZB indexer forums-notice what this forum actually offers, where do you think e-mule users got their stuff from= Forums. so yeah every downloading community have it's own community, even though the hierarchy and the way we communicate is different based on the respective downloading method. if there's no such thing as community behind these downloading methods, how do you think these thing became popular in the first place?? anyway,

=====> REPLY: It's not a question as to how they get and how it's contributed, it's WHERE does it come from that is the BIG FACTOR here! When you download you are downloading off of Rapidshare's servers, this is not, and let me REPEAT it, a PEER2PEER community, that is the WHOLE POINT I'm trying to make. A P2P Community has been around a lot longer then Rapidshare. RS has only been around for about 6 years. P2P has a much OLDER history for the network and applications, which extend way beyond anything that Rapidshare can even touch on. Let's get our FACTS straight, Usenet and P2P have a longer history with a bigger community!

anyway,, TO THE MODERATOR OF THIS FORUM, pls mate, i'm begging you, the next time you see this kind of thread-which one is better thread type- please just closed them or merge it with old thread that have similar topic, because i've noticed that over the past 2 month or so, there are at least 2 similar threads like this one, and most of the posts tend to be terse,and poll-like answers, as oppose to "real" answers

=====> REPLY: Actually next time you talk maybe you should learn something about the history of Software Piracy and it's roots, because Rapidshare is a fairly new kid in town, that's why I don't believe in supporting it, when there is a longer running P2P Community to support which is much better.

ALSO Young Blood, I call you this because I'm old school, REAL hack geeks never pay for pirated software, so in that fact and that fact alone, paying for Rapidshare is a disgrace to the roots of the Web!

If you want to be a REAL software geek, then you need to learn what you support and what you don't support.

This is like telling 'Stallman' we should pay for it. ;)

bungeemirth
02-19-2008, 05:44 AM
=====> REPLY:
I know close to damm near everything, been on the web since the day it started, over 20 year geek here, don't let the post count fool ya. ;)

=====> REPLY:

you was actually able to predict the impact tha t RS and other similar sites have to the way we distribute files nowadays? i'm impressed mate:rolleyes:, b/c even myself is a bit sceptical about these sites when they first got around, and only sees it as some kind of temporary alternative to KAazaa or winmx until something better got around- you have to admit, back then when hjsplit and winrar wasnt around distributing this kind of files is kinda hard- for me- because i'm kinda clueless about using winzip. plus, the way the files was being distributed, it's kinda timely to look around for files in blogs or some specific forums

======> REPLY: I know pretty much about as much as you need to know, that this is not a P2P community, that is real simple!

ok you are right on this one, RS or Direct downloading method is by no mean a p2p community b/c they operate on the base of centralized server and not by mean connecting nodes among different computers

=====> REPLY: Sure there are a lot of people paying the way you are suggesting, I don't disagree, but if you know how to get into a good private torrent tracker, use good P2P appz, and Torrent Search Engines, the only thing you pay for are "TIME" and "Electricity" keeping the box running to download or seed. I've downloaded for years many things without paying a penny, just a little extra in electricity for keeping my box running, so I know for a fact you can get anything out there for free, this is why I'd never pay into buying a RS account.

before i start to argue on this part, i wanted to ask something first; is the" box that you're referring here represent your personal computer? or is it your personal server

=====> REPLY: It's not a question as to how they get and how it's contributed, it's WHERE does it come from that is the BIG FACTOR here! When you download you are downloading off of Rapidshare's servers, this is not, and let me REPEAT it, a PEER2PEER community, that is the WHOLE POINT I'm trying to make. A P2P Community has been around a lot longer then Rapidshare. RS has only been around for about 6 years. P2P has a much OLDER history for the network and applications, which extend way beyond anything that Rapidshare can even touch on. Let's get our FACTS straight, Usenet and P2P have a longer history with a bigger community!

what do you mean when you say " 2P has a much OLDER history for the network and applications, which extend way beyond anything that Rapidshare can even touch on" honestly i dont understand what you're trying to imply here??

=====> REPLY: Actually next time you talk maybe you should learn something about the history of Software Piracy and it's roots, because Rapidshare is a fairly new kid in town, that's why I don't believe in supporting it, when there is a longer running P2P Community to support which is much better.

ok, what is your take on e-mule or even irce then?? even though the files that are available on e-mule is qualitatively and quantitatively equal to the one that are available on bt- this is based on personal opinion- i havent seen anyone in Western based forums that actually advocates the use of e-mule or even irc as die hard as they would when it comes to serving torrent

ALSO Young Blood, I call you this because I'm old school, REAL hack geeks never pay for pirated software, so in that fact and that fact alone, paying for Rapidshare is a disgrace to the roots of the Web!

with all due respect pls call me a sell-out or a even a noob b/c ii paid giganews so that i can get my stuff, i dont care. i'm not in this thing so that i could gain some reputation, i'm here so that i can get the stuff that i want, even though that means i have to shell out some money. again in the end , you also have to consider the consequence. off course it is quite safe to use bt if you're the only one who's using computer, but what about if you have to share the computer it w/ someone else??? I still remeber the time when i have to flush out so much spyware, and reinstalling windows so many time just b/c my brothers doesnt have any clue about the file that they download off imesh, or winmx

If you want to be a REAL software geek, then you need to learn what you support and what you don't support.

as i said it before i dont care about trying to be a software geek, but i do care about what i should support. i support scene b/c that are the place where most of my files originated from, as for other thing i really dont give a damn, as long as it could help me to get what i want, fine i'm happy and in some sense i secretly support it , but i'm not gonna spread the word as die hard as other people around the net did, b/c if i do that i'm going to be a moron that "sing" my secret to the authority

see it is nice to have a discussion that last beyond 7 words right, it actually make this thread rather interesting:yup:

DasFox
02-19-2008, 07:09 AM
Quote: you was actually able to predict the impact tha t RS and other similar sites have to the way we distribute files nowadays? i'm impressed mate:rolleyes:, b/c even myself is a bit sceptical about these sites when they first got around, and only sees it as some kind of temporary alternative to KAazaa or winmx until something better got around- you have to admit, back then when hjsplit and winrar wasnt around distributing this kind of files is kinda hard- for me- because i'm kinda clueless about using winzip. plus, the way the files was being distributed, it's kinda timely to look around for files in blogs or some specific forums

Sorry I wasn't predicting anything, I was just saying I've been around the net since the day it started doing the Warez scene, for a lack of better words, it's just that most people understand this name.

Quote:
ok you are right on this one, RS or Direct downloading method is by no mean a p2p community b/c they operate on the base of centralized server and not by mean connecting nodes among different computers
Yes you are paying to keep their services running, and with so many others around with a longer established history, why pay into it, when there are better means to support. Take Usenet as an example, if everyone was dumping into Rapidshare and we took that, then possibly we could develop other areas of Usenet, and P2P better, and then maybe not. Also a lot of this gets back to what is called Geek Pride, some peeps are only going to drive a Chevy and say DIE to Fords, if you catch my drift here... ;)

Quote:
before i start to argue on this part, i wanted to ask something first; is the" box that you're referring here represent your personal computer? or is it your personal server
PC, not a server. The average P2P user is just sharing on his PC, but now there is a newer generation of users going with 'Seedboxes' to get better bandwidths, especially in the torrent circles to help with their upload/ratios

Quote:
what do you mean when you say " 2P has a much OLDER history for the network and applications, which extend way beyond anything that Rapidshare can even touch on" honestly i dont understand what you're trying to imply here??
Peer2Peer the Networks and the applications have a longer history then Rapidshare...

Quote:
ok, what is your take on e-mule or even irce then?? even though the files that are available on e-mule is qualitatively and quantitatively equal to the one that are available on bt- this is based on personal opinion- i havent seen anyone in Western based forums that actually advocates the use of e-mule or even irc as die hard as they would when it comes to serving torrent

Emule had something there that people jumped on when it came out, it was fresh and new, and when that happens people jump on it, but in all honesty the network can be really slow when it comes to downloading and getting something.

I use to download off of IRC, fservers, xdcc, yes if you can get into nice private IRC channels, I'd imagine they are still around you can get apps this way. I got into the IRC download scene when it was starting years ago, there were servers and channels all over the place to download apps off of, but sometimes speeds weren't that great.

Quote:
with all due respect pls call me a sell-out or a even a noob b/c ii paid giganews so that i can get my stuff, i dont care. i'm not in this thing so that i could gain some reputation, i'm here so that i can get the stuff that i want, even though that means i have to shell out some money. again in the end , you also have to consider the consequence. off course it is quite safe to use bt if you're the only one who's using computer, but what about if you have to share the computer it w/ someone else??? I still remeber the time when i have to flush out so much spyware, and reinstalling windows so many time just b/c my brothers doesnt have any clue about the file that they download off imesh, or winmx
No problem to want to get something, we all want to get something, but taking the Hit N Run approach, sooner or later you're going to see that you can only get so far. If you have a good ISP, then you'll have free Usenet access with them, not the greatest speeds and retention, but at least you'll be able to grab somethings once and awhile for free. Then there are many great Torrent search engines, then private torrent trackers, and your other P2P apps for filesharing, like the Gnutella/Fastrack world etc., with these combined you'll be getting all you want in time for free. It just takes time to build up, but once you're there, you're gold...

Quote:
as i said it before i dont care about trying to be a software geek, but i do care about what i should support. i support scene b/c that are the place where most of my files originated from, as for other thing i really dont give a damn, as long as it could help me to get what i want, fine i'm happy and in some sense i secretly support it , but i'm not gonna spread the word as die hard as other people around the net did, b/c if i do that i'm going to be a moron that "sing" my secret to the authority

Well it doesn't really have much to do with being a Geek, but the truth is, if you are trying to find things, and find what you want it takes a little bit of Geek in all of us. Perfect examples, you want to find some Office applications and you want a REAL DVD iso, not some ripped/cracked crap, that also might be full of malware as well, just learning what you are dealing with when it comes to applications and learning if you are getting REAL full version software takes time.

There is a bit of a black art to all of this when you want good software, good definition video and quality audio, etc...

Believe me there is a load of crap you can download out there too.

PEACE & Happy Hunting...

alfry1010
02-20-2008, 11:59 AM
nice fight guys but i stay with my BT and i use RS for some ebook so easy to share Little things.

munino
02-20-2008, 12:55 PM
torrents ftw =D

ksylian
02-20-2008, 01:23 PM
Torrent + shell acoount - best method ever :)

axlrose17
02-20-2008, 03:27 PM
torrent

nista
02-20-2008, 04:43 PM
why vs. ? i use both and its the best!!!! no fight just love!!!!

Dark Archon
02-23-2008, 12:53 PM
why vs. ? i use both and its the best!!!! no fight just love!!!!

i agree, you have the best of both worlds :D why complain :D

nikanor
02-23-2008, 01:20 PM
I combine, when i download 25 GB from rapidshare just go on some torrent sites, i only reminds, people SEEED.
Thanx!!

yuvaraaj
02-23-2008, 07:17 PM
RS anytime

iamKy666
02-23-2008, 08:19 PM
I think that a combination of both is the best way to keep it up...RS is good cause you dont have to seed after you leech...torrents r good cause u dont have to pay 50 in a time...BUT...you have to donate to survive to some trackers+you have to leave open PC to seed,so u pay in electricity...
It hax to do with what anyone prefers...if i had the money i would buy a RS premium...:rolleyes:

Dark Archon
02-24-2008, 01:27 AM
I think that a combination of both is the best way to keep it up...RS is good cause you dont have to seed after you leech...torrents r good cause u dont have to pay 50 in a time...BUT...you have to donate to survive to some trackers+you have to leave open PC to seed,so u pay in electricity...
It hax to do with what anyone prefers...if i had the money i would buy a RS premium...:rolleyes:

you don't need to. just upload and get collection points and convert them to a premium account when you get to 10,000.

lamonkey
02-26-2008, 12:26 PM
I use newsgroups for superfast leeching without worrying about ratio.
I use torrents to get new stuff thats not on usenet yet, and to share.
I use Emule to get obscure and old things.
I use Rapidshare to only something is not available on one of the above.
I use nothing else.

5+4=9
02-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Both

mindtrick
02-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Both
QFT

It's a perfect combination.

Bionic
02-26-2008, 11:30 PM
I use both. Torrent ftw tho!

dbtmfgml
02-27-2008, 01:36 PM
rapidshare= limit time per download
torrent = unlimite
so torrent win~~

Well2905
02-28-2008, 10:48 AM
rapidshare

Porcupine
02-28-2008, 04:27 PM
bittorrent easily

Casper413
02-28-2008, 06:07 PM
i prefer rapidshare for certain things but bittorrent also is great

popcop23
02-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Bittorennt..!!

bungeemirth
02-29-2008, 01:48 AM
Bittorennt..!!

yay spammer alert:whistling

1000possibleclaws
02-29-2008, 02:05 AM
rapidshare is good for bad connections because you dont need to seed anything back, but i prefer bittorrent because it's free. ive never had a rapidshare account so i wouldnt be able to make an unbiased comment..

johnbo
03-01-2008, 03:45 AM
Honestly, I'm so tired of RapidShare. Honestly, we need to move on with the times and stop using them. Like I don't know about u, but I'm tired of waiting and paying. There are tons of other file hosting sites out there which are better. I'm using EatLime now.

Its like using P2P over a browser. You can download as the uploader is uploading your movie. And the best thing, its free to use, can download an unlimited amount of movies from there

Sonnentier
03-01-2008, 04:31 AM
Yeah johnbo I think just the same very often.

I tried many file-hosters, and most get leeched/slow after they are popular and/or they are instable in hosting my files reliable, also they usually have excessive advertisement on them where Rs/com doesn't have any external ads.

Rs is a reliable host to store your files on, but still when you need to upload your motivation tends to be lower than if you are already sending a file out to a person, at least that's what I experience. But once it's up there, it will be hosted as long as needed and you can fetch the file with sensible speed. Problem then is again, there are plenty limits. Without they would be the leeched victim.. o.O

And of course they can only offer free leeching because of the premium accounts, so they want us to get such. There are tools out there which would automatically leech off Rs, then once the first package is transferred it would disconnect your connection and get a new dynamically IP. Proceeding, it can fetch the next file, and so on. With this many people seem to be able to leech pretty good without premium account. Because obviously getting a 700MB+ file by hand and without prem-axx is a pain.

But then again if everybody is leeching that way it's a problem. They don't have any advertisement and if everybody keeps leeching without paying.. but if you only use it now and then, I guess it should be ok.. you still have to wait hours or have your connection disconnecting to spoof them, though.

Personally I like Rapidshare to release and get smaller packages on the fly, like some e-Books, <100MB files such as also maybe shorter informational videoclips and such.

LifeStealer
03-01-2008, 05:24 AM
I hate rapidshit.

LikeNoOther
03-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Maybe Rapidshare

Quasit
03-01-2008, 05:41 PM
I don't pay for my warez. I've always found what a I need on Bittorent.
If you're gonna pay you can might as well pay for Usenet.

saqib
03-01-2008, 09:20 PM
rapidshare sucks big time , they are just after money ,
Torrents is another name of generosity , good torrenters do care each other

Nuclear
03-01-2008, 11:57 PM
RS - Pay

Torrent - Free

Nuff said

Dark Archon
03-02-2008, 01:56 AM
rapidshare sucks big time , they are just after money ,
Torrents is another name of generosity , good torrenters do care each other

its good leechers mate, for those without seedbox and cannot seed well but has a fast speed, rs is definitely the choice.

Sonnentier
03-02-2008, 03:23 AM
Rapidshare is like the only way to leech reliable without paying and without seeding back.
But of course this also has the drawbacks like limits and such.

yoco
03-02-2008, 08:28 AM
I started using bittorrent when I first got my internet, and I'm still using it, cuz it's the best. Why I hate rapidshare? Cuz of the wait time!

thewho
03-03-2008, 06:58 PM
both

Blue62
03-03-2008, 07:59 PM
I usually use torrent, but I'm often worried about how long and how much my hard disk is stressed by the double activity of downloading and uploading, so I think I'll be taking into account rapidshare once I really find an efficient way of searching in it... I'm a newbie, don't mock me! :-)

Sonnentier
03-03-2008, 10:48 PM
I'm often worried about how long and how much my hard disk is stressed by the double activity of downloading and uploading
I also found that to be suboptimal if you try to xfer a file from one computer to another at high speed rates like 100Mbit. But I think it's not only that you need to read and write at the same time, but that with torrent you have many active chunks randomly distributed over the area of the file. While with FTP and simple file transfer the hard-drive's heads would just go along the file-space continuously, with BitTorrent they need to do the part in the middle, at the same time the one at the beginning, and following the one in the end - the head is always jumping over the area of the file. That's because torrent usually picks small parts of the file randomly, and of course it also gets data from more than one source at a time, so continuously writing does already fail (the different peers must of course send different blocks/areas of the file in the same moment). With BitTorrent at same transfer speeds the HDD was much more active in head movement than with simply using integrated Windows file-sharing. Anyway caching can help to lower this phenomena significantly.

cstrik3
03-03-2008, 11:15 PM
bittorrent, its more fast

rhak
03-04-2008, 12:46 AM
I had 1 month trial on rapidshare and I never liked it.
I like more bittorent or usenet.

CoolBrotha
03-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Bittorrent or Rapidshare
They both get the job done..

BEGINER
03-05-2008, 09:33 PM
I vote for BitTorrent,but i also use Rapid(alot)

fuzzyrabo12
03-05-2008, 11:33 PM
torrents why would rapidshare.
if i was using rapidshare i have to download each file alone & thats a waste of time. While in torrent download all the fies at the same time.

Saroman
03-06-2008, 12:02 AM
Rapidshare any time...

Quarter
03-06-2008, 06:14 PM
BitTrorrent.
Torrent live longer than RS links, torrents are more accessible and there are faster realeses.
"F*CK YOU, AND YOUR 60 MILLION RAPIDSHARE LINKS"

marquinhooo
03-06-2008, 09:17 PM
I prefer Bittorrent. =)

THEROCk313
03-07-2008, 11:31 AM
bittorrent

designmaster
03-07-2008, 03:49 PM
rapidshare but only if u have an premiumī

danio
03-07-2008, 08:20 PM
bittorrent! no doubt.. i would never pay for filesharing service.. if i where to pay i could just as well pay the creators instead who deserves it..

Dogder
03-07-2008, 08:44 PM
I prefer BitToreent :)

matrixTalk
03-08-2008, 12:06 AM
bittorrent ! for sure

Cinver
03-08-2008, 10:27 AM
BT is the best.
It's free, if you're on good private trackers speed is excellent and retention is good too.

RS is always a hassle...if you want to make it simple you have to pay for a premium account and even then you have download restrictions (limited download/day-week).

I use it sometimes and I'm lucky I have a dynamic IP and can change that relatively easy to avoid the waiting time but with BT I don't have to do anything.

yasobelber92
03-09-2008, 12:21 PM
BitTorrent of course....4ever :D

puurlucky
03-09-2008, 01:14 PM
torrents its free for rapidshare you must pay =(

Qlix
03-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Torrents, of course.

Disme
03-10-2008, 10:26 AM
BT ... no limitations (except ratio) ... absolutely free (except providers fee).

RS ... downloadlimitations per day/week ... no waiting for premium-users but you have to pay for it.

ClodiuS
03-19-2008, 07:03 AM
I use both and some others,but if i have to choose i will say Rapidshare because i can find rare and new stuff.

tsqd
03-22-2008, 03:02 AM
torrents, not even close

babelone
03-22-2008, 07:51 AM
I combine the two. I mean, when you really want something your best chance is always a combination of the two and other methods. But I do use torrents a lot more since I hate RS time limits.

Tobiasz
03-22-2008, 09:25 AM
i prefer torrents because of -
-pre
-0% fake stuff
-its free
-easier to find what i want

F3n1x
03-22-2008, 11:00 AM
torrents free, and torrent or many rapidshare parts, and the speed better in private torrent sites so torrent ftw.

messi30
03-22-2008, 09:52 PM
if you has both, you the has almost all.

MegLeetch
03-23-2008, 12:29 AM
i love torrents...

TCU
03-25-2008, 09:53 AM
I bought Rs premium acc. some days ago, and I got to say I'm pretty impressed - at least combined with different Warez-forums. You get a great variety of content, great speed, no need to seed, etc. I really like it. IMO it isn't very expensive either

REALiSTiC
03-25-2008, 01:45 PM
look,
in one hand,RS [with a premuim account] that BT because there is no Ration etc..
but in the other hand,BT is better that RS of the pre times..

@ all,i download from the both,and got what i need.

Septimus
03-27-2008, 02:00 AM
BitTorrent for sure....anyways i sometimes use the Rapidshare

Marwen83
03-27-2008, 10:37 AM
I prefer torrents because you don't have to wait between downloads, like we usually do with rapidshare and megaupload.
And software like utorrent, Podmailing or Lphant doesn't take many PC resources.

esco123
03-27-2008, 10:57 AM
i prefer torrents for larger files.

daphnis
03-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Bittorrent

David Nights
03-28-2008, 12:14 AM
torrents

escuoop
04-03-2008, 02:57 PM
I use them both, the benefit of RS that u don't have to seed after downloading the files

cstrik3
04-03-2008, 03:32 PM
I use them both, the benefit of RS that u don't have to seed after downloading the files

but you download only 100mb each. :dry:

and on the torrents you download everything with any size

dunkItOut
04-03-2008, 04:56 PM
I can't find music on torrents, at least the stuff I like. You only get the albums, WHEN they release. RS, I can get all the tracks before the CD hits the shelves...

but you download only 100mb each. :dry:

and on the torrents you download everything with any size

That's a false statement. Get an RS account, you can download files larger than 100 MB...

Aether
04-04-2008, 03:15 AM
BitTorrent!

gossard25
04-04-2008, 09:00 AM
if you can afford it rapidshare all the way...max out your download speeds...no ratio worries...and you get loads of old stuff as well

Peanut
04-04-2008, 09:26 AM
i actually use both////
why/ (premium account)-(BT is the shit)
am on a music forum that people speed there life on uploading
(scene group rips ///// EAC rips) and all they use is RS
which is great
-cause not all BT sites have want you want (ONLY OINK RIP I TO SAY)

becseGEI
04-04-2008, 09:58 AM
i actually use both

+1 ;)

Swift
04-04-2008, 04:08 PM
i`m only on bittorrents :D don`t use rapidshare

newswalker
04-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Is there some site like bitmetv, hdbits or what/waffles for rapidshare? If it is, rapidshare would be interesting to me. Otherwise rapidshare seems to me like usenet for people who don't have the time or brains to use usenet.

Itoao
04-04-2008, 06:44 PM
I use both. I have to say I prefer the direct dk method when I can get it.

Tulac
04-04-2008, 09:45 PM
I use torrents, public trackers for new popular stuff that is well seeded, and private for more obscure harder to find stuff. In any case speeds are good for me and RS is too much of a hassle, and I'm not ready to pay for the premium.

sanjana
04-05-2008, 04:40 AM
Rapidshare really sucks... because of its limit and we need to pay for subscription... I hate that.. Bittorrent Rocks always... It does not matter I need to seed back the samee... Which I do always...

Adydas23
04-05-2008, 05:38 AM
Bittorrent is the best way

s0rinel
04-08-2008, 09:46 AM
I only use BitTorrent. I think it is the best way to get new stuff with a good speed and for free:)

Ri0T
04-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Over Rapidshare, BT wins easily, but when Usenet enters the picture, the competition is way harder.

Theory11
04-09-2008, 10:43 AM
I like using both rapidshare and bittorrent. rapidshare is really convenient in terms of speed and content, and i dont have to seed back.

munaaf
04-12-2008, 03:15 PM
used to use rapidshare wit t3h whole ip change trick :D lol
since i used torrents, about 95% i use torrents now, only rely use rapidshare a bit.

FileZ
04-12-2008, 03:29 PM
BT of course

adissan
04-13-2008, 10:25 AM
certainly BT because it s easy to use and very efficient :)

Bowler300
04-14-2008, 03:12 PM
BT all the way

Porsche_maniak
04-14-2008, 07:29 PM
I am sure that this thread will be very hot.
My vote is BitTorrent,because there is not only stuff to download,there is forum (usually),chat,some kind of FuN and maybe friendship :)
Of course another minus for RapidShare is that you must wait if you don't have premium account...

Blackbeard
04-14-2008, 08:14 PM
I mainy use bittorrents and rapidshare for stuff i cannot find on bittorrents.

polemic
04-15-2008, 06:08 PM
Bittorrent for sure :)

ggsir
04-15-2008, 09:13 PM
BitTorrent...

rapidshare is so slow

Groovy
04-16-2008, 01:48 AM
Both But BT is Better than Rs in many ways

usualforce
04-17-2008, 10:11 AM
BitTorrent!!!

Morer
04-18-2008, 10:56 PM
Comparing bittorrent and rapidshare premium, I'd say RS wins easily in terms of content,speed and convenience. Although the 25GB in the last 5 days limit is a major bummer.

CeZar
04-19-2008, 10:06 AM
Bittorrent

TrackerDaddy
04-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Comparing bittorrent and rapidshare premium, I'd say RS wins easily in terms of content,speed and convenience. Although the 25GB in the last 5 days limit is a major bummer.

+1

except of the convenience part i agree with you. after i got my first RS acc i was amazed by the content and speeds i missed when i didnt knew about RS.

lostdemon
04-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Rapidshare has great speeds but I don't see myself paying fo a premium account. Bittorrent can also give you fast speed depending on the tracker your a member of plus the added community to be a part of and the fact that members comments on torrents can be very helpful in helping you decide which to get. I personally prefer bittorrent

givemetv
04-22-2008, 04:26 PM
of course torrents

glock31ca
04-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Both have advantages depending on what you want to do. The problem with BitTorrent is that if files aren't relatively new, there aren't any seeders left so it's SLOW to get them, if at all. It's also very tough on BitTorrent when people post a new Torrent then there are NO seeders. Maybe I'm missing something, but if you upload a file there should automatically be at least one seeder? - you. When I see new files, literally minutes old and no seeders, how does the uploader expect someone else to seed it? With Rapidshare, it's handy to simply download the file straight and even if it's in parts, they're easy to put back together. BitTorrent is much better at getting a file out to a larger number of people however.

DrkPrx
04-25-2008, 01:05 AM
Um, definitley BitTorrent (or MegaUpload), but NEVER RapidShare.. If you download a 100MB file, you have to wait like.. 2 hours to download again (or was it three? o-o). It's insane.

wazza100
04-25-2008, 01:43 AM
Um, definitley BitTorrent (or MegaUpload), but NEVER RapidShare.. If you download a 100MB file, you have to wait like.. 2 hours to download again (or was it three? o-o). It's insane.

I think the issue is premium v bittorrent, obviously bittorent pwns free rapidshare because of wait times. I don't think one is better than the other, it depends on what you are after, ie: packs, high definition stuff- you'd go bittorent, downloading straight after airing- bittorent, but some of the more unconventional stuff rapidshare i find to be more useful(applications, some tv shows which I can't find on torrent sites I'm part of etc).

Dalink
04-25-2008, 06:30 AM
torrent over rapidshare < usenet over both

Sonnentier
04-25-2008, 09:45 PM
torrent over rapidshare < usenet over both
Yeah but you gotta pay for Usenet :shifty:

XiATH
04-29-2008, 01:15 AM
It's true there is a lot at rapidshare, but you have to wait for someone to upload newer things there, and without a premium account it can be tedious. Once i started using torrents i havent really been back to rapidshare since :)

raulinrodriguez
04-29-2008, 05:47 AM
bittorrents all the way

milesdutton
04-29-2008, 07:43 AM
I use both BT and RS. I really prefer using rapidshare if i can, because it has higher speeds and no ratio. I've never had a problem with the 25 GB cap, and it's usually really easy to find what you're lookin' for.

Anyhow, thats my 2 cents!

Axoric
05-01-2008, 05:37 PM
torrents for new material, rs for the rest.but torrents are better, no need to tidiously download each rar part from rapidshare separately.

torrentgeek
05-02-2008, 09:50 AM
I hate Rapidshare.

kooltilldend
05-09-2008, 12:32 PM
bittorrent by a millenium and then some

RS downright sucks...ridiculous wait times (unless u r a premium account holder - but even then u have to either shell out cash or pass out links in ridiculous amounts to hold onto ur a/c)...MU fares somewhat better but still can't beat bittorrent for what its worth as far as i'm concerned

ahcorac72
05-09-2008, 01:25 PM
I donīt use rapidshare.
I just use bittorrent. :yup:

boggyb21
05-09-2008, 01:29 PM
bittorrent forever!rapidshare too annoying for me

RedluFF
05-09-2008, 02:03 PM
The speed at Rapidshare sucks. I prefer Bittorrent for its simpliniess and speed.

Bittorrent ftw :D

jspade
05-09-2008, 04:11 PM
I prefer Bittorrent, but find Rapidshare useful too!

Sonnentier
05-09-2008, 04:24 PM
If you can't drop your IP Rapidshare is horrible.
Otherwise during Happy Hours, you can pretty much max out, and reconnect.

refugee7
05-09-2008, 04:36 PM
netload =)

formos
05-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Bt is much easier to use,exept getting into good sites

lolapa
05-10-2008, 11:23 AM
definitley torrent

HaTMaN
05-10-2008, 04:29 PM
bittorrent is the best forever

Coldevil
05-11-2008, 05:05 PM
only bittorent :)

shimon360
05-11-2008, 05:48 PM
rapidshare and bittorrent :)

helpme
05-14-2008, 08:24 PM
for me i use RS for long time but did not love it
and when i used boitorrent i like it
so for me torrent better than RS

axlrose17
05-16-2008, 01:49 AM
i like torrent more than rapidshare, but ometimes find things only on rapidshare.

cobymmm
05-16-2008, 08:59 AM
bittorrent, speed,no virus, best

simplton
05-16-2008, 02:21 PM
BitTorrent=10
Rapidshare=7

Winner by K.O. is BitTorrent!!

duycom
05-16-2008, 02:30 PM
Torrent more.

JBolinha
05-16-2008, 11:45 PM
Bittorrent for sure

pjaco
05-19-2008, 11:53 AM
bittorrent

kickass
05-24-2008, 02:43 AM
bittorrent for sure ^^

0riGiNaLBoX
05-24-2008, 08:04 PM
Bit Torrent is the best

mystique1
05-29-2008, 07:16 AM
Bittorrent its faster than rapidshare and i dont need to buy premium account

rtxs
05-29-2008, 04:49 PM
bittorrent

nontech
05-30-2008, 11:35 AM
bittorrent the Best!

atamo
05-31-2008, 10:08 AM
sometimes i can't find some soft on Torrent ... but i can find these files on Rapidshare
Torrent is the best for movie & music
Finally I use both of them :D

omgwtf
06-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Bittorrent for sure..

Ramus
06-03-2008, 07:01 AM
bittorrent
+1

DikTation
06-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Haven't tried Rappidshare but Torrent sound better i reckon cause best of all its FREEEE!!! :D

lsw0794
06-04-2008, 06:55 AM
when use BT,i don't use RS any more

DATTER
06-04-2008, 12:48 PM
I use BT and RS :D
But i like more BT...

torrentt
06-08-2008, 08:12 PM
since upload speed of mine is low, rs is easier to use and i get max speed no matter how rare is the file i need
only downside is the 25 gb for 5 days and that its not free of charge

torrentt
06-08-2008, 08:24 PM
since upload speed of mine is low, rs is easier to use and i get max speed no matter how rare is the file i need
only downside is the 25 gb for 5 days and that its not free of charge

Sonnentier
06-08-2008, 10:07 PM
25 gb for 5 days
They now have 50 gb in 5 days :01:

qwertyo
06-08-2008, 10:58 PM
mmm, i use rs in times, but prefer torrernt :D

torrentt
06-08-2008, 11:23 PM
Sonnentier (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/sonnentier-189120) w000000000t
for good?????

Sonnentier
06-09-2008, 01:21 AM
for good?
I think so, if you look at the description for premium, it now reads 50 GB in 5 days :happy:

torrentt
06-09-2008, 06:56 AM
thx for the good news :p

AzHrY
06-09-2008, 10:15 AM
bittorrent is easy and comfortable way

R234
06-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Bittorrent. Free and no hassle.

artish
06-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Rapidshare has too many restrictions, I don't understand why ppl use it so often, while there are so many other file sharing services. As for me, I use http://filentity.com (http://filentity.com/) and recommend it to all my friends.

Sonnentier
06-09-2008, 04:32 PM
Rapidshare is a very reliable host, and it has been like that for many years now. While other Filehosters usually got slow, or even had loss of data, this one always remained fast and extended storage so that active files will never be deleted (unless copyright holder reports them). Although this system has downsides (most users can't really download, premium is limited) this helps to build a huge library of files.

iHate
06-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Bt>rs

veeeee
06-11-2008, 11:55 PM
I prefer torrents. I don't like the waiting or the dl restrictions on rs.

pitya78
06-12-2008, 03:29 PM
I like bittorrent

hasu
06-12-2008, 06:08 PM
RS is money. i don't want to pay for download. :D

Wishful
06-13-2008, 08:12 AM
Depends, if there are little seeds on the torrent, I'll look for RS

under.zero
06-13-2008, 09:08 AM
bittorrent is the best but you can finde good stuff to RS :) too

stupidcrab
06-14-2008, 05:27 PM
BitTorrent is better .

for RS I must pay for downloading stuff quickly
In fact,by free downloading from RS.You waste your time for waiting...

mil1509
06-15-2008, 03:18 AM
I prefer torrent.

esco123
06-15-2008, 09:56 AM
bittorent is better overall.

hrvy86
06-18-2008, 01:41 AM
i use them both.. but rapidshare owns torrents for content

denied0
06-18-2008, 02:00 AM
i use them both.. but rapidshare owns torrents for content

Hah you are on the wrongggg trackers than.

domiboy
06-18-2008, 02:13 AM
rapidshare is p2p you can't compare them. but p2p > http.

makkienator
09-14-2008, 04:28 PM
torrents all the way baby :)

OTO
09-14-2008, 05:28 PM
I prefer bittorrent.

nadeem111as
09-14-2008, 07:49 PM
torrent better

dr jones
09-20-2008, 06:37 AM
i use both :)

i use bittorrent to download big files(more then 1gb) and those which are not found in the direct download world

i use rapidshare to download small files(less then 1gb)and those which are not found in the bittorrent world

oxycodone
09-20-2008, 06:52 AM
I use torrents mostly. I'll use rapidshare for mp3 blogs that upload full albums there. I much prefer torrents, less hassle.

s_player
09-20-2008, 03:33 PM
torrent is much better for me, but sometimes I also use rapidshare too

lostie101
09-21-2008, 06:52 AM
Bittorrent...but I do agree that its annoying sometimes when theres no seeds...although I have heard that you can select the force download option in your program and that helps even though there are no seeds

iLOVENZB
09-21-2008, 07:12 AM
Which 'download method' do you prefer?

Torrents for large stuff and Rapidshare for small stuff.

I can get max speeds on well seeded torrents and it's free, on the other hand Rapidshare caps your download speeds to 50k and it's a pain in the ass to download a whole movie.

Also there is no resume support on Rapidshare downloads if your downloading as a 'free user'.

I like torrents for the above reasons and because I dont have to download 100mb split archives individually instead i can just download the whole thing as is.

I mostly use USENET for everything though.

wasaby
09-21-2008, 09:51 AM
of course torrent is beter and more fun,
It is really enjoyable to surf inside and see all the file together. You can choose what you want to download. Only you need some good sites, i think if someone have this advantage no need rapidshare anymore.
beside i sometimes use rapidshare for special purposes, for example to send to my friends quite large amount of files.
conclusion is that "I love torrent" :)

forthat
09-22-2008, 06:14 AM
bit-torrent in latest movies.......and RS in some movies where the seeders are low.....

Rigel9
09-22-2008, 04:13 PM
just use both

Fight3r
09-22-2008, 04:50 PM
I use BitTorrent more often, but I also won't give up the RS for sure. :)

digital_sc4rz
09-27-2008, 02:30 PM
i prefer rapidshare over torrent -- Maybe coz i'm a owner of a rs premium acc :)

iLOVENZB
09-28-2008, 07:17 AM
BitTorrent is more fun but Rapidshare is safer.

mrtorrent
10-02-2008, 06:38 AM
rapidshare

engscorpion
10-02-2008, 07:17 AM
Torrents win the battle for me. Never looked back since.

sosolove
10-03-2008, 01:49 AM
torrents ar the best, for sure

james223
10-03-2008, 10:39 AM
I use both alot.
Typically i try and find a rs link that is the same file structure as a torrent so i can get the files quick and seed on the tracker without affecting my ratio.

womanizer
10-04-2008, 07:48 PM
torrents are the best

slymester
10-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Use both but torrents more though

petra1210
10-05-2008, 04:41 PM
I usually look on torrent sites first, and if I cant find something I search on some forums which usually result with rs links

EstelleD
10-06-2008, 04:43 AM
I use rs for rare stuff and usually bitorrent.

nista
10-06-2008, 11:38 AM
both wehen i am @ work i use rs back @ my home i use torrents and sometimes i use emule aswell with these 3 things u get nearly everything u want

bionick
10-07-2008, 08:55 PM
torrents for new stuff/middle aged stuff for much older stuff RS reigns supreme.

wiseD
10-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Torrents, just because there is no where near as much community if you use RS.

hof
10-08-2008, 06:39 PM
both, but I prefer torrent :)

Villalltheway
10-08-2008, 07:20 PM
torrents because they are free.

ThePirateCity
10-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Bittorent by far fk the rest :P

iLOVENZB
10-09-2008, 04:12 AM
Torrents, just because there is no where near as much community if you use RS.

What lol, depends on the community sites like tehPARADOX.COM

tehPARADOX.COM Online Sharing Community Statistics
Threads: 151,949, Posts: 451,957, Members: 280,037

Not much activity aye? :D

You've just got to find the right site.

Usenet/Torrents for me and the occasional DDL.

Reason: torrents are free and you dont have to download a rls in heaps of links.

Reason: usenet free from isp and fast download speeds.

dimutri
10-09-2008, 05:44 AM
I prefer torrents.. much simpler and completely free

joy008
10-09-2008, 04:54 PM
BitTorrent

bboyxxx
10-09-2008, 09:06 PM
I have tried both means and bittorrent is by far the more refined choice of downloading for me and my connection.

peat moss
10-10-2008, 12:47 AM
For small files I prefer RS .

Vincero
10-10-2008, 11:53 AM
bittorrent all the way .

a91to
10-11-2008, 06:49 PM
bittorrent

ShadowScout379
10-18-2008, 11:00 AM
bittorrent pwns raidshare.

hbkwarez
10-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Bittorrent : Excellent,Sexcellent Your hope of the complete download remains alive even if there is One seed. Every day new seed and peers vanishes.Your download speed depends on uploaders upload speed.More the seeds good for you.
It's Free :) and everybody is invited!

Rapidshare : It's a modified version of usenext.We depend on forums for rs.com links.
3 months of inactivity and boom file deleted! Offers premium services so you can max out connection speed.
Paying dollars is pain in ass but still i cann't believe i bought 1 years account even though i have private trackers access.

Moral : I use both as my Weapons for downloading stuff.

succubus
10-18-2008, 05:59 PM
bittorrent because you dont have to download 10-15 parts individually and no premium acc needed.

Creeping Death
10-20-2008, 04:14 PM
bittorrent because you dont have to download 10-15 parts individually and no premium acc needed.

you can use flashget.

fotografic
10-21-2008, 06:57 AM
is there somewhere i can read up about rapidshare?....im just not getting the hang of it

Laseron
10-21-2008, 11:38 AM
bittorrent