PDA

View Full Version : Invites

rogerse
02-05-2008, 12:57 AM
It seems these bt/p2p forums are in a mess, (don't even think there's mods), and are basically spam/open invite trading, but are they good places to trade considering that, is trading here any "safer", or even different or not.

1 (http://www.torrentforums.com/)

2 (http://forum.torrentfreak.com/)

Tokeman
02-05-2008, 01:00 AM
I would steer clear of torrent freak, lots of scammers over there, not to mention invite sellers and the works. Don't know about the other one. FST is one of the best, if not the best, place to talk about, and share in the torrent community that I've ever visited.

mrnobody
02-05-2008, 01:04 AM
It seems these bt/p2p forums are in a mess, (don't even think there's mods), and are basically spam/open invite trading, but are they good places to trade considering that, is trading here any "safer", or even different or not.

me not likey those forum

users there sell invites openly :(

FST is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better

thank you!

808state
02-05-2008, 01:06 AM
FST is definitely the best site for sharing invites.
I have yet to be scammed here.

rogerse
02-05-2008, 01:11 AM

Is that because its a regulated/modded forum.Is selling aloud?, and I don't see what you can do about scamming though, isn't it just as prevalent?.

Tokeman
02-05-2008, 01:12 AM

Is that because its a regulated/modded forum.Is selling aloud?, and I don't see what you can do about scamming though, isn't it just as prevalent?.
No, scammers don't last long here. Not that they don't try, but they are ban'd very quickly. Most people worried about it only trade with trusted members (older, lots of good posts). And we offer a middle man system if anyone is in doubt about a scam.

rogerse
02-05-2008, 01:16 AM
How is using middle man any different from trading?, don't you still just have to find a reliable person in both cases.

Tokeman
02-05-2008, 01:28 AM
They are trusted members of this community, and are already there, you don't need to seek them out. Search the board for middleman to see if you find anyone complaing about it not working, but I've never heard of any bad things through middleman here.

Neo
02-05-2008, 02:06 AM
This is the best site of its kind. No doubt about that.

whiteyes
02-05-2008, 03:22 AM
some invite sections on trackers' forums for power users are good places to give or request invites. mostly depends on how your behaviors on those trackers to get invites successfully or not.

MuFuukan R
02-05-2008, 02:42 PM
The safety of trading and its members has alot to do with the mod team as well, thats why places like torrentforum suck, moderators are nowhere to be found.

Bleacher
02-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Torrentfreak sucks ass, everyone there sells and scams!

I am only new here but its definately the best I have come across and seems to have a nice community feel.

Cabalo
02-06-2008, 05:04 AM
as a community, this is by far the best site around, no questions. Lots of nice and friendly people around here, spammers etc etc. It has a healthy mix imo.
As to giving away/trading safety and privacy, it's very far from the top one, which is invite only, even to enter it. 1 scam only in over 5 months existence, i think says so about its community.
but u just can't compare these kind of sites, cuz FST's main goal is not about the invites, though some people like you seem to think so.
This forum ROXXX !

popcop23
02-06-2008, 06:18 AM
torrentfourm sells users.

Aeyen
02-06-2008, 06:24 AM

1 (http://www.torrentforums.com/)

2 (http://forum.torrentfreak.com/)

Both the two sites you mentioned do not seem to be safe, because both of them have not much security about giving invites and all... Besides, I've seen friendly members in here who are always willing to help, and as I browsed those sites, I think it's rare to find friendly and helpful people out there , and their every board is filled with trading and selling of invites, which seem like they can scam you easily..

FST is the best!

athenaesword
02-06-2008, 08:54 AM
you should the state of torrentfreak these days... it's just full of accusation wars:"hey this guy's a scammer; no i'm not a scammer" etc...
-yawn

monk3y
02-06-2008, 08:57 AM
/me <3 fst and thinks it's teh best