PDA

View Full Version : M$ Wireless Laser Mouse 8000

Skiz
02-05-2008, 06:14 AM
I've cycled through a half dozen mice in the past year in an attempt to replace my perfect Logitech mouse which I sadly discovered was no longer in production when I went to replace it.

I've been through 2 Logitech's, a Kensington, a Dynex, and another M$ but never found something that made me entirely happy.

Then I bought the Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000 (http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6514/136601320001r203nqm8.jpg).

Comfortable, smooth motion on the desk and screen, smooth wheel, everything.

Highly recommended. :happy:

clocker
02-05-2008, 06:16 AM
I've cycled through a half dozen mice in the past year in an attempt to replace my perfect Logitech mouse which I sadly discovered was no longer in production when I went to replace it.

Was that a MX1000 perchance?
Mine died and I'm heartbroken it's not replaceable.

Skiz
02-05-2008, 06:25 AM
I just looked for mine and don't see it anywhere in a Google image search. It was one of the earlier wireless ones.

Plain old wireless wheel mouse with one button on each side. Cost me like $19 or something and lasted about 4-5 years. I searched high and low for another - eBay, etc. but to no avail.

Suppose it's best to move on now that I seem to have found a suitable replacement.

svr
02-05-2008, 09:06 AM
Half a year ago my over 5-year old wireless MS mouse broke and I had to find a new one. I read some reviews about your new mouse and as far as I can remember, they werent very good reviews.

Then I decided to buy Logitech VX revolution because it was wireless, small, lots of buttons and fitted my hand. But it had major problems like bad laser tracking, my black icemat was used so much, some points had wearn off and when I moved VX revo on that point, it would stop. Also it was faulty otherwise too, some of the buttons didnt always work, this was tested on multiple computers. Apparently it was major problem on logitech forums and logitech had no idea. I ditched that piece of crap they called mouse.

Now I have Razer DeathAdder and I gotta say it is fantastic even though it is wired but the wire is so lightweight that it's not a hinder. Very cheap mouse (40€), excellent buttons and the tracking is awesome, dont matter how many holes my icemat has.