PDA

View Full Version : Kdl-40w2000

esco123
02-05-2008, 12:10 PM
i have a sony KDL-40W2000 lcd, it only has two scarts at the back of the tv, which is not enough for me, i have brought two scart extensions toi increase the number of scarts i can add to my tv, but neither of them have worked, does anybody know which extenstions will work with my tv.

Or does anybody use a scart extension that they know the name of which works with their lcd tv?

any suggestions will help thanks.

DKre8ive1
02-14-2008, 10:12 AM
What are you trying to hook up to your tv that you need more then the 2 scarts it already has?

Sony KDL-40W2000 lcd Connectors
4 Pin (Y/C) In S-Video
MiniJack (Head/Earphone) (mm) 3.5
RCA Audio Out Yes
RCA AV Input Composite
RF In Yes
Scart 1 Yes (RGB)
Scart 2 Yes (RGB, Smartlink)
HDMI x2 Yes
Component Yes
PC Input (15pin D-Sub) + Audio In Yes

I notice that your tv has an HDMI connection and if you are trying to hook up your pc to the lcd and it has a DVI connection then getting a DVI to HDMI cable would be the best option.

esco123
02-16-2008, 10:27 PM
i want to connect a dvd player, video player, ps2, sky box and cable box, to this tv.

DKre8ive1
02-17-2008, 12:49 AM
Connections
Skybox: connect it to the scart or even better on the hdmi connection

CableBox: Connect it to the HDMI since you may want to watch HD from your cable provider.

DVD player: connect it to the Component connection

PS2: connect it to the S video or composite connection

Video player: I am guessing you mean hooking up a pc to your tv set so as to stream movies from your pc. If that is what you want then use the PC input connection for that or if you have a card with DVI you could get a DVI to HDMI cable and hook it up that way for the best picture.

So see you really don't need any kind of scart extender in my humble opinion.

But then again I don't know what kind of connections your cable box has and what you mean by Video player, But I hope this helps.

esco123
02-18-2008, 11:05 AM
hey tha thanks guys. really helped me