PDA

View Full Version : How do you seed at waffles?

cocalait
02-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Hi.

I have a seedbox and it's pretty easy to upload and make a buffer in 0day trackers or movie/tv trackers. In music sites such as VipV2 I grab the free leech collections and I upload nicely. But yesterday I became a member of waffles, and I can't find an efficient way of uploading and giving my ratio a breath. And really, I feel kinda dumb because I can't seed and I'm using a seedbox.

So, what can you suggest me?

Sanka113
02-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Download the application packs from other trackers and upload them there. You should be fine then.

jonny81985
02-06-2008, 07:37 PM
I think it is hard to seed at any music site, what.cd has the same problems. IMO music sites should consider going ratioless and just have upload counted :)

Jon

tgp
02-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Search for "2008", you'll get all the newest releases including those that lots of people want. Look at the ones added within the past two hours and see if there are any with lots of seeders/leechers. Get one of those torrents and download some of the songs, not all of them.
There are other ways of course but this one works quite well.

rodinhas
02-06-2008, 07:47 PM
I think it is hard to seed at any music site, what.cd has the same problems. IMO music sites should consider going ratioless and just have upload counted :)

Jon

Not a bad idea :whistling

FatBob
02-06-2008, 07:56 PM
just keep seeding the files you download and forget it . in a month or two you will be able to seedback 1:1

thats what i did on oink :mellow:

1000possibleclaws
02-06-2008, 08:18 PM

Jon

i dont agree. most users would take advantage and hit n run

MuFuukan R
02-06-2008, 08:26 PM

Jon

Thats why you make them seedback for xxx amount of hours or 5:1 something higher than regular 0day places since its music collections, like 700 hours or 5:1 :P

jam0980tr
02-06-2008, 09:02 PM
i don't seed no more i leech now becoz i have uploaded 200 gigs

Neo
02-06-2008, 09:03 PM
Patience... lots of patience. I also have a seedbox and in order to build a decent ratio both at waffles and what u have to constantly download all the latest releases, apps, etc. When a torrent is too big just go for some files and partially seed. Upload files that u got elsewhere. This doesn't mean u don't have to actually be there seeing what's coming out... Music trackers r the worst to seed. Of course u can download evrything and, eventually u'll get a 1:1 ratio but if u really want a nice buffer u really have to lose some time.

typeoholic
02-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Upload FLAC albums. Someone is sure to snatch it once or twice, at the very least.

Daniel
02-06-2008, 09:05 PM
"Making" someone seed for x hours on music trackers is a recipe for disaster because this only works with torrents that are somewhat popular. If you make a music tracker like what or waffles ratio-less then you'd need seed-times of WEEKS to keep less popular torrents alive. I'm sorry but that is a guaranteed way to piss the whole community off. Music trackers don't have the popularity of 0day warez sites with hundreds of snatches per torrent, some albums will be snatched once a week only and the best way for those to remain alive is by working with a ratio enforcement.

About keeping a good ratio or building a reasonable buffer: If you keep seeding all downloads then keeping a reasonable ratio is no problem because you'll most likely have an ever growing buffer anyway. So the only issue is starting out and even that is not very difficult because what does not enforce any ratio rules until you've downloaded 5gb.

An example of what has worked for me: I'm regularly downloading FLAC lossless rips from the Usenet and there are a couple albums among them which are not available on both what or waffles. After checking the lossless download for validity (transcode), I'll use it to make a MP3 V0 quality version and then upload both on the tracker(s). It usually means about 500MB upload credit on each site if only one person snatches the FLAC and MP3 version. Do this two or three times and keep downloading music from both sites and you'll be good to go.

Emperator
02-06-2008, 09:12 PM
this tips reminds me how i did to survive at oink :(

1000possibleclaws
02-06-2008, 09:19 PM

Thats why you make them seedback for xxx amount of hours or 5:1 something higher than regular 0day places since its music collections, like 700 hours or 5:1 :P

or it works fine the way it is..

VIZFX
02-06-2008, 09:32 PM
This are great tips. Nice to know before I get myself into a music ratio dilema

cocalait
02-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the tips, if anyone knows more or wants to add... keep 'em coming

Horatiu
02-06-2008, 10:10 PM
I grabbed alot of files during free leech at waffles last year and i still keep them seeding. It's very hard to seed at these music trackers, i know.
At What it's a bit easier, you can always wait the staff picks to have a ratio head start, i always get 3:1 there.

grimms
02-07-2008, 01:23 AM
Honestly? You will need to upload around 30-40 albums that may interest users. When i first became a member at waffles and what i upload a shit load of stuff. I took all my stuff off of waffles due to getting warnings over my stuff being mislabeled. Same at what, but i corrected it over at what.cd. Just seeding stuff will not be enough. Also do not make the mistake of downloading a lot of albums before having the ratio to do so. You'll also want to seed for weeks on end to be brutally honest with you.

bassmanmv
02-07-2008, 01:40 AM
Go through and request all of the top vote getting unreleased albums. Check back regularly and jump on filled requests ASAP. You will then be a primary seeder for widely dl'ed albums.

Night0wl
02-07-2008, 02:07 AM
Download new albums that you want, but watch it so you don't get hit by ratio watch, and keep them seeding until they are deleted from the tracker. When you are seeding +50 albums, you will notice a decent amount of upload every day. Unless if you have really bad/unpopular taste of course. Then it won't work.

It's a music tracker. Treat it as one ;)

The voting on popular unreleased stuff is dangerous as transcodes, bad rips and dupes get uploaded sometimes, at least that was the case on OiNK.

And then of course like mentioned above. Rip your own CDs, encode to FLAC and enjoy your growing buffer.

athenaesword
02-07-2008, 02:12 AM
yeah i have a friend who downloaded a matlab release from what.cd and he's in big trouble now cus that's about the only thing he has to seed lol.

i've downloaded upwards of 350 torrents from what.cd so it's really a matter of waiting for the buffer to build slowly. i notice with music trackers, if i'm only seeding that tracker my ul fluctuates like crazily, and is hardly maxed out. also, peers break off constantly without reason. it definitely is alot harder to seed compared to 0 day trackers

fOrUmAs
02-07-2008, 02:23 AM
Hi.

I have a seedbox and it's pretty easy to upload and make a buffer in 0day trackers or movie/tv trackers. In music sites such as VipV2 I grab the free leech collections and I upload nicely. But yesterday I became a member of waffles, and I can't find an efficient way of uploading and giving my ratio a breath. And really, I feel kinda dumb because I can't seed and I'm using a seedbox.

So, what can you suggest me?

lol find torrent that have many leechers and then u should fix your problem:)

so if u have SB or not its the same if there are no leecher to seedback

whiteboy
02-07-2008, 02:31 AM
only apps for ratio building imo.

Sweet another Charger fan!! GO BOLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ByteBitten
02-07-2008, 02:32 AM
What.cd has featured albums on freeleech. Download them early and seed them if you have an account on what.cd. Then seed the files as they get upped to waffles.

kyuuchi
02-07-2008, 02:50 AM
Uploading your music is by far the most effective way of reaching good ratio on music trackers. It worked on Oink and it works on both W sites. What I do is grab music from usenet and upload them. There is loads of music uploaded to newsgroups everyday, there is always materials not uploaded on music sites. ;)

chiefosceola
02-07-2008, 03:32 AM
for a seedbox, the easiest way is to help seed pc apps. An always popular pc iso is the latest Windows XP or Vista releases.

djork
02-07-2008, 03:42 AM
What.cd has featured albums on freeleech. Download them early and seed them if you have an account on what.cd. Then seed the files as they get upped to waffles.

i agree :)
hope your in the irc channel for what when they upload the staff picks -- then seed away!

cheers
dj`

ceasar
02-07-2008, 07:44 AM
Search for "2008", you'll get all the newest releases including those that lots of people want. Look at the ones added within the past two hours and see if there are any with lots of seeders/leechers. Get one of those torrents and download some of the songs, not all of them.
Won't work, there's not many torrents with lots of seeds on waffels and most of plenty leechered ones are poisoned with partial seeders, so upload apps, your own torrents in FLAC preferable is your way to go..

Aeyen
02-07-2008, 08:35 AM
so far, waffles has become VERY HARD TO SEED.
I also parked my account for a while because I am looking for a solution and what's the problem... I've been thinking it's my firewall... But I shall get back to seeding soon :D

NekohDot
02-07-2008, 08:47 AM
I just upload alot of dubstep/grime vinyl which, surprisingly, gets snatched by quite alot of members.

the2ndone
02-07-2008, 12:06 PM
I upped more than 100 albums, and I builded my ratio rather quickly.

Hanz™
02-07-2008, 01:11 PM
It's just like on OiNK. For any newbies to big music sites follow this advice:
1. Upload V2/V0/FLAC torrents.
2. Everything you download keep seeding for at least a month.
3. Keep hundreds of torrents seeding at any one time.
4. Jump on popular new torrents fast. Especially leaks.
5. All of the above will help you seed, and keep Waffles the best music tracker. :)

Don't upload application packs as somebody suggested earlier. It's against Waffles rules, and you'll be one step towards losing your upload privs.

athenaesword
02-07-2008, 03:17 PM
i think the apps thing was probably referring to what.cd

cocalait
02-07-2008, 03:21 PM
It's just like on OiNK. For any newbies to big music sites follow this advice:
1. Upload V2/V0/FLAC torrents.
2. Everything you download keep seeding for at least a month.
3. Keep hundreds of torrents seeding at any one time.
4. Jump on popular new torrents fast. Especially leaks.
5. All of the above will help you seed, and keep Waffles the best music tracker. :)

Don't upload application packs as somebody suggested earlier. It's against Waffles rules, and you'll be one step towards losing your upload privs.

Thanks all, I'll upload some stuff I have in V2/V0/FLAC. Hope they get snatched.

9NINE
02-07-2008, 03:27 PM
just seed and seed and seed

also download packs from other sites and upload them at waffle dont worry you will make it

monk3y
02-07-2008, 03:31 PM
try find Apps ISO which a lot of people downloaded on other trackers and upload it to Waffles.

nemrac
02-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Always go through the request section and see if you can fill requests. Your assured that someone will take your upload.

Nemrac

tgp
02-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Won't work, there's not many torrents with lots of seeds on waffels and most of plenty leechered ones are poisoned with partial seeders, so upload apps, your own torrents in FLAC preferable is your way to go..
It seems you're right. It used to work but they've changed the search feature so that you only get a limited number of releases from 2008. It still works very well on what though.
If anyone knows how to search all the '08 releases, please let me know.

athenaesword
02-08-2008, 01:31 PM
global search "2008"? ;)

mine throws up 2.5k plus torrents on waffles. i think that's more than enough to start with don't ya think ^^

tgp
02-08-2008, 10:54 PM
It's not enough because it only finds a handful of torrents from the last few weeks. For this method to work you'd want to find 2008 torrents uploaded in the past couple of hours. Compare it with what, over there a global search for 2008 turns up more than 50 results from the past day alone. There's either something wrong with the search function on waffles or they've made it like that on purpose.

Daniel
02-08-2008, 11:46 PM
tgp, I really don't understand what's the problem with searching for 2008's torrents. I get almost 2600 torrents as a result and discounting the first ~50 results (which are sorted wrong, even after I manually sort by time desc) I can see 66 torrents uploaded on feb 8th alone. If that is not everything then it surely is very close to it ;)

tgp
02-09-2008, 12:46 AM
Ah, there you go. My bad, i hadn't noticed it was just a sorting error. Thanks.

AmpeD
02-09-2008, 02:21 AM
jump on every just posted 2008 indie/rock/metal/punk release. I got 50 gb's up in a week on my box doing that

athenaesword
02-09-2008, 02:23 AM
ah..people with seeding problems usually don't have boxes. if they had seedboxes and still had problems that would be pretty sad.

PACE
02-09-2008, 02:32 AM
I don't have a waffles account but if it's anything like what, I'd say the best way is to upload apps

ScreaminJay
02-09-2008, 02:41 AM
Leech alot is the best way!

If everyones would leech alot, everything get easier for everyones :)

grimms
02-09-2008, 03:09 AM
Like i stated previously. Uploading large amounts and keeping the torrents alive are the key to obtaining a good ratio. It should be a piece of cake if you have a seedbox. I don't have one but managed to get a really decent ratio from just uploading and seeding.

UltraUser
02-09-2008, 03:53 AM
Rip a lot of CDs to FLAC and V0, and upload them.