PDA

View Full Version : Health Checks

Biggles
02-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Just had my health check at work - BP, Cholestoral BMI etc.,

My cholestoral was too low for the machine to record (under 3.88) and my BP was 117/79. BMI was just straying into the lightly shaded area - :01:

:shifty: So what should I do?

Alien5
02-07-2008, 03:29 PM
keep doing what you're doing, that sounds very healthy.

Barbarossa
02-07-2008, 03:29 PM
eat more cayke

Biggles
02-07-2008, 03:30 PM
eat more cayke

It is only right I celebrate a little. :)

thebazzla
02-07-2008, 03:30 PM
i thought with the cholestoral thingy anything under 5 and you are ok

Alien5
02-07-2008, 03:31 PM
don't celebrate just yet, There is some debate about whether very low cholesterol is bad. Low cholesterol (less than 100 mg/dL (2.59 mmol/L)) is often seen when there is an existing problem like malnutrition, liver disease, or cancer. However there is no evidence that low cholesterol causes any of these problems.

edit: you're cholesterol is above 2.59 so you're ok. :happy:

Something Else
02-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Enjoy your healthiness old boy. :cheers:

Biggles
02-07-2008, 03:50 PM
don't celebrate just yet, There is some debate about whether very low cholesterol is bad. Low cholesterol (less than 100 mg/dL (2.59 mmol/L)) is often seen when there is an existing problem like malnutrition, liver disease, or cancer. However there is no evidence that low cholesterol causes any of these problems.

edit: you're cholesterol is above 2.59 so you're ok. :happy:

:unsure: I don't know, the machine only goes down as low as 3.88 mine just said Lo.

I better eat a cake to steady my nerves. :ermm:

Barbarossa
02-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Have a doughnut

Biggles
02-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Have a doughnut

I love doughnuts btw

should have been a policeman

Something Else
02-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Your much too intelligent to be a policeman. :smilie4:

thebazzla
02-07-2008, 04:04 PM
i think he would make a lovely desk sergeant :dry:

Squeamous
02-07-2008, 04:23 PM

My cholestoral was too low for the machine to record (under 3.88) and my BP was 117/79. BMI was just straying into the lightly shaded area - :01:

Announce this in the Weightwatchers support forum.....you know you want to.

Biggles
02-07-2008, 04:25 PM

Announce this in the Weightwatchers support forum.....you know you want to.

But I don't diet ... won't it just piss them off? :unsure:

Squeamous
02-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Yehehehehehes!

Squeamous
02-07-2008, 04:29 PM
I don't think you're malnourished or underweight btw......you look in fine form to me.

manker
02-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Health checks in work, that's a good idea.

I think I should start administering them asap. Can't be too careful :sly:

Biggles
02-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Yehehehehehes!

Cruel...but fair

Biggles
02-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Health checks in work, that's a good idea.

I think I should start administering them asap. Can't be too careful :sly:

Manker's home-made smear tests :O

Squeamous
02-07-2008, 04:40 PM
I think the 'cough and drop' test's considered a bit old fashioned now M.

manker
02-07-2008, 04:43 PM
I think the 'cough and drop' test's considered a bit old fashioned now M.
Don't be daft, I don't employ men.
They'd never get thro' the interview, what with their unattractive bodies and all.

Also, on a practical note, blokes aren't much good at typing, filing or tea-making. The whole concept is unworkable.

Squeamous
02-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Aw, you don't have to feel threatened by other men being around M! Women appreciate more than just looks, a modest income and a moderately sized penis. I'm sure you have other qualities :hug:.

manker
02-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Aw, you don't have to feel threatened by other men being around M! Women appreciate more than just looks, a modest income and a moderately sized penis. I'm sure you have other qualities :hug:.
Yeah, totally threatened - that's probably why I hate going to the pub so much too.
Men everywhere, the hairy bar-stewards :fear:

No, no. I'll stick to surrounding myself with firm-breasted ladyfolk. At least I know that so long as I give them time off to have babies, that'll be their ambition fulfilled and they'll be too blissfully content to ask for a pay-rise or 'owt.
Women are great that way :)

Biggles
02-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Would love to see Manker's interview check list

1) Firm Bewbs

2) Cute Butt

3) Willing disposition

4) Tea Making Skills

5) Firm Bewbs

Squeamous
02-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Yeah, totally threatened - that's probably why I hate going to the pub so much too.
Men everywhere, the hairy bar-stewards :fear:

No, no. I'll stick to surrounding myself with firm-breasted ladyfolk. At least I know that so long as I give them time off to have babies, that'll be their ambition fulfilled and they'll be too blissfully content to ask for a pay-rise or 'owt.
Women are great that way :)

Ok, you win.......

:fist:

Squeamous
02-07-2008, 05:03 PM

1) Firm Bewbs

2) Cute Butt

3) Willing disposition

4) Tea Making Skills

5) Firm Bewbs

6) Fondness for shit sandwiches

manker
02-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Damnit, we need some lesbian-feminists* on the bored who will try to make me see the error of my wayze.

*tautology

manker
02-07-2008, 05:06 PM

1) Firm Bewbs

2) Cute Butt

3) Willing disposition

4) Tea Making Skills

5) Firm Bewbs:o

That's pretty much it - I've been haxX0rd.

Biggles
02-07-2008, 05:08 PM

1) Firm Bewbs

2) Cute Butt

3) Willing disposition

4) Tea Making Skills

5) Firm Bewbs:o

That's pretty much it - I've been haxX0rd.

Existentionalism - I looked into your soul.

HaxXoring of sorts

Squeamous
02-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Damnit, we need some lesbian-feminists* on the bored who will try to make me see the error of my wayze.

*tautology

The only lesbian feminist I know is my boss and for some strange reason she only employs women too :dry:. Hey......maybe you're a lesbian feminist as well!

Biggles
02-07-2008, 05:29 PM

*tautology

The only lesbian feminist I know is my boss and for some strange reason she only employs women too :dry:. Hey......maybe you're a lesbian feminist as well!

Manker's lesbianism has been confirmed on a number of occasions.

manker
02-07-2008, 05:29 PM

*tautology

Could be, I'd like that. I'd like that very much.

I duno why everyone keeps assuming I'm male, anyhow.

Barbarossa
02-07-2008, 05:30 PM
It's probably my fault

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/7254/knobcarrotrx0.jpg

Squeamous
02-07-2008, 05:37 PM

You can often mistake a woman for a man on a MB but never the other way around. This is because women are complex with a range of emotions and character traits, and men are simple creatures easily recognisable by their system of grunts and growls.

manker
02-07-2008, 05:38 PM

You can often mistake a woman for a man on a MB but never the other way around. This is because women are complex with a range of emotions and character traits, and men are simple creatures easily recognisable by their system of grunts and growls.Rawr, you said 'MB' :drool:

Barbarossa
02-07-2008, 05:39 PM

You can often mistake a woman for a man on a MB but never the other way around. This is because women are complex with a range of emotions and character traits, and men are simple creatures easily recognisable by their system of grunts and growls.

You weren't here when TheDave used to post :dabs:

manker
02-07-2008, 05:40 PM
It's probably my fault

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/7254/knobcarrotrx0.jpg
Yeah, you've given me a cock-esque Chyna clit :dabs:

Biggles
02-07-2008, 05:41 PM

TheDave used to MSN with SGG - but she said he was quite sweet on there. :dry: :unsure:

manker
02-07-2008, 05:50 PM

TheDave used to MSN with SGG - but she said he was quite sweet on there. :dry: :unsure:
Son in law material, eh Les.

Squeamous
02-07-2008, 05:50 PM
You can often mistake a woman for a man on a MB but never the other way around. This is because women are complex with a range of emotions and character traits, and men are simple creatures easily recognisable by their system of grunts and growls.Rawr, you said 'MB' :drool:

'Message board', not 'man boobs' M :rolleyes:

manker
02-07-2008, 05:51 PM
:lol: :earl:

Squeamous
02-07-2008, 05:52 PM

Who was 'TheDave' :unsure:?

Alien5
02-07-2008, 06:05 PM
gepperrankins

Biggles
02-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Son in law material, eh Les.

You took that too far :dry:

:lol:

Skweeky
02-07-2008, 07:12 PM
post a pic and let's see

Biggles
02-07-2008, 07:35 PM
post a pic and let's see

Of Manker's lesbianism? :unsure:

Skweeky
02-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Of your fabulous low cholesterol body Les

Skweeky
02-08-2008, 08:24 AM
Also, can I have a job manker?
I have firm bewbs, you've seen them after all
There's some work to be done on my bum, but my exhibitionist tendencies more than make up for that I would think

Then again... I guess I'd be found out if I were on here during work if I worked for manker

Imagine_If
02-08-2008, 08:36 AM
lol Skweeky.. we have work for you in the Netherlands..with such an interesting CV. :)

Skweeky
02-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Hmmm.... any suggestions?

I don't know if it's a good idea though
I would never see my husband as he would glue himself to a barstool in a coffee shop.

Biggles
02-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Of your fabulous low cholesterol body Les

It may be low cholesterol but it still on the older side of young :( plus there is the grey hair and rather questionable goatee beard. :pinch:

manker
02-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Also, can I have a job manker?
I have firm bewbs, you've seen them after all
There's some work to be done on my bum, but my exhibitionist tendencies more than make up for that I would think

Then again... I guess I'd be found out if I were on here during work if I worked for manker
There is a technical glitch with the computers downstairs which only allows to the PCs to connect to the HMCE website. I've tried to fix it loads of times but I just can't :sly:

I'm currently holding a job open for mathea - she said she'd work in that pvc nurse uniform and make me tea all day.
So, yeah, you could fill her gap for me.

Squeamous
02-08-2008, 10:42 AM
It may be low cholesterol but it still on the older side of young :( plus there is the grey hair and rather questionable goatee beard. :pinch:

Fab taste in shirts though if I remember rightly! I'm thinking your style is Man at C&A down and out in Paris and London.

Squeamous
02-08-2008, 10:43 AM

Fnar!

Biggles
02-08-2008, 10:54 AM

Fab taste in shirts though if I remember rightly! I'm thinking your style is Man at C&A down and out in Paris and London.

One might be in the gutter but that doesn't preclude an attempt at sartorial elegance :dry:

manker
02-08-2008, 10:56 AM

Fnar!
"This is because women are complex with a range of emotions and character traits, and men are simple creatures easily recognisable by their system of grunts and growls."

Hi, dude :mellow:

Biggles
02-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Fnar!
"This is because women are complex with a range of emotions and character traits, and men are simple creatures easily recognisable by their system of grunts and growls."

Slick use of the quote function there :shifty:

manker
02-08-2008, 11:07 AM
:ermm:

clocker
02-08-2008, 11:55 AM
...there is the grey hair and rather questionable goatee beard. :pinch:
You should start a facial hair thread.

On a side note...I just saw Sean Connery in Hunt for Red October and he had the world's most perfect white beard.
I was envious.

manker
02-08-2008, 12:04 PM
On a side note...I just saw Sean Connery in Hunt for Red October and he had the world's most perfect white beard.h4x.

Only elderly ginger people and albinos grow pure white hair.
And seal cubs and some other things.

Skweeky
02-08-2008, 01:16 PM
I don't look well in PVC. I like the more natural look
How much are you paying me?

Les, give us a pic of the goatee

Biggles
02-08-2008, 02:31 PM
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/03_02/FeralGoatDM_468x487.jpg

Not my best side tho :unsure:

clocker
02-08-2008, 02:45 PM
Must spend a fortune on hair care products.

thebazzla
02-08-2008, 03:49 PM
i would ask for a refund or you could up your dosage:naughty:

Squeamous
02-08-2008, 04:30 PM

One might be in the gutter but that doesn't preclude an attempt at sartorial elegance :dry:

Don't they make balances and weighing scales? :blink:

Squeamous
02-08-2008, 04:31 PM

Slick use of the quote function there :shifty:

Is the correct term to use 'pwned'?

Biggles
02-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Either that or All your base are belong to us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIQ53t0gv_4

Squeamous
02-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Unfortunately I have an internet speed of 196.6kbps at the moment because Tiscali sucks big fat cock, so I won't be able to look at that video until at least 2012.

Biggles
02-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Unfortunately I have an internet speed of 196.6kbps at the moment because Tiscali sucks big fat cock, so I won't be able to look at that video until at least 2012.

:fear2:

Your interwebs have been stole!!!11

Squeamous
02-08-2008, 08:38 PM

I know :cry1:. I'm trying to be brave though, because I don't want to let on that inside I'm rocking back and forth like a Romanian orphan high on Sunny D.

I don't care...it's only the internet...it's not like I need it.

Biggles
02-08-2008, 08:42 PM

I know :cry1:. I'm trying to be brave though, because I don't want to let on that inside I'm rocking back and forth like a Romanian orphan high on Sunny D.

I don't care...it's only the internet...it's not like I need it.

Stiff upper lip its the only way...don't let them see you care.

Tiscali you say...one to avoid. Daughter would make my ears bleed in 30 minutes flat if ours did that "Dad get it fixed" "Is it fixed yet?"

Squeamous
02-08-2008, 08:47 PM
To be honest, when I switch I don't think I can be bothered waiting for the MAC......I'll just cancel the DD and let them know, then take my time with getting another ISP. That's how hard I am.

:unsure:

Your daughter definitely wouldn't like what I've been having the last 3 weeks. For 5 days I had no service, and then after that it's been at this speed. Call centre of course assumes one of my leads has fallen out of the ADSL filter or something....fuckwits. I will change......I'll probably do it tomorrow. Ive been recommended 'Eclipse' so I'll give them a go.

Biggles
02-08-2008, 09:03 PM
To be honest, when I switch I don't think I can be bothered waiting for the MAC......I'll just cancel the DD and let them know, then take my time with getting another ISP. That's how hard I am.

:unsure:

Your daughter definitely wouldn't like what I've been having the last 3 weeks. For 5 days I had no service, and then after that it's been at this speed. Call centre of course assumes one of my leads has fallen out of the ADSL filter or something....fuckwits. I will change......I'll probably do it tomorrow. Ive been recommended 'Eclipse' so I'll give them a go.

As long as it is not Talk Talk - haven't seen a good word about them. Somebody is bound to put a good word in for them now. :dabs:

Computers that don't work properly are a pain in the butt. We have several systems at work which don't work properly. The HR one is a gem - it logs you out after 15 minutes or so, regardless of whether you are typing or not. Unfortunately some forms on there take longer than 15 minutes to complete. It logs you out - you go back to square one. I did did see a guy with the monitor in his hands, shaking it, purple with rage :shifty: It is little things like that which make the day all worthwhile.

Squeamous
02-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Yeah, that's what I liked about this board before it changed. You'd try to send a pm or something and find it had logged you out and it would be lost :fist:. I also particularly like the way when this board fucks up, if you hit 'back' it's lost all but the message you quoted*. Still, at least I don't have to squint at the screen for 5 minutes trying to work out what some random illegible words say to log in anymore.

I wonder if anyone has actually managed to fix a problem with their pc through the 'help' function?

*not really.....it sucks.

Biggles
02-08-2008, 10:02 PM
FST's speciality is the double or triple post - think my record is four :dabs:

Skweeky
02-09-2008, 09:18 AM
Still waiting for that pic of your magnificent torso!

Biggles
02-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Still waiting for that pic of your magnificent torso!

:dabs: Just because I am healthy doesn't mean I am magnificent.

peat moss
02-09-2008, 07:57 PM
I went for a prostate check and was told to make sure that both the doc's hands weren't on my shoulders ? Dam if I did n't look tho . :dry:

Skweeky
02-10-2008, 10:31 AM
have SGG do an artists impression of it then :lol:

j2k4
02-10-2008, 02:49 PM
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/03_02/FeralGoatDM_468x487.jpg

Not my best side tho :unsure:

Les, I never pictured you as a horny old goat.

BTW-

I have some spare cholesterol, if you are so inclined. :whistling