PDA

View Full Version : Hosting-ie

jonny81985
02-08-2008, 02:33 AM
Hey guy's I got a seedbox at hosting-ie and I was wondering what your experiences were there? I just signed up today, if anyone knows how long they take to get you going that would be awesome

thanks

Jon

cocalait
02-08-2008, 02:34 AM
I got one 2 weeks ago. For the guy who recommended me them it took 3 weeks. For me it just took 2 days. (Same level 1 support and same VPS)
Wish you the best luck with the wait time.

jonny81985
02-08-2008, 02:44 AM
yea i got teh raptor 5, level 1 support, vps, did u contact them first?

cocalait
02-08-2008, 02:55 AM
No, I didn't contact them first. I applied for the Raptor 3, payed by Paypal. Then I went to "Customers" placed a question in Support asking when I was going to get access. It took them 1 day to answer and they told me that by the following day they they'd try have it set up. A little more than 48hs after i ordered it, I had access to it.

kyuuchi
02-08-2008, 02:59 AM
Is there any set up fee on hosting-ie? I saw its a 3 month contract but nothing about set up fee.

cocalait
02-08-2008, 03:01 AM
In the VPS with 3 month contract the only "set up fee" is 5 euros. And of course you pay it in the first month.

jonny81985
02-08-2008, 03:03 AM
yea 5 dollar set up fee

its a really good deal IMO

Jon

cocalait
02-08-2008, 03:10 AM
Are you sure they are dollars? I'm quite convinced I payed that in euros.

SgtMajor
02-08-2008, 03:24 AM
2-3 weeks can be normal before you get your login, as has been said though - it can be much quicker.

You only start the billing period though from the day you get your login, so you are not being ripped off.

I was just about to offer (for rent of course) my ie.hosting server out on a weekly basis, so people can road test an ie.hosting seedbox server for themselves without any hassles of set up fees/admin etc, but you got one now, if you want me to set it all up for you (it will only take me an hour whereas it would prob take you all day!), then let me know when you get it. You will get firefox, utorrent, FTP access & web ui all done for you! ;)

jonny81985
02-08-2008, 03:27 AM
2-3 weeks can be normal before you get your login, as has been said though - it can be much quicker.

You only start the billing period though from the day you get your login, so you are not being ripped off.

I was just about to offer my ie.hosting server out on a weekly basis, so people can road test an ie.hosting seedbox server for themselves without any hassles of set up fees/admin etc, but you got one now, if you want me to set it all up for you (it will only take me an hour whereas it would prob take you all day!), then let me know when you get it. You will get firefox, utorrent, FTP access & web ui all done for you! ;)

Wow thanks for the offer but my friend is already doing it for me :). Yea it is euros sorry about that, sgtmajor shoot me a pm real quick

cocalait
02-08-2008, 03:30 AM
Hey SgtMajor what box do you have?

grimms
02-08-2008, 03:32 AM
if you want me to set it all up for you (it will only take me an hour whereas it would prob take you all day!), then let me know when you get it. You will get firefox, utorrent, FTP access & web ui all done for you! ;)

Johhny have Sgt do it for you. You can't go wrong and may ask him to help me when i get mines (Of course if that offer is extended at the time that i get mines). Good luck. Tell me how it is a few weeks from now. I'm looking myself, but not quite ready yet.

jonny81985
02-08-2008, 03:42 AM
if you want me to set it all up for you (it will only take me an hour whereas it would prob take you all day!), then let me know when you get it. You will get firefox, utorrent, FTP access & web ui all done for you! ;)

Johhny have Sgt do it for you. You can't go wrong and may ask him to help me when i get mines (Of course if that offer is extended at the time that i get mines). Good luck. Tell me how it is a few weeks from now. I'm looking myself, but not quite ready yet.

Hey grimms, havent seen u around in a while :). If you need help seeding let me know, im sure i'll have some to spare :). One of our mutual friends already said he would help, you can prob guess who

JOn

SgtMajor
02-08-2008, 03:44 AM
Hey SgtMajor what box do you have?

http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/34/75/

581 upgraded to 1GB of mem.

160GB hard disk, unlimited traffic (but I know the 100MB port is shared, so realistically 3-5MB/S up is pretty standard, can reach bursts of 10.5MB on shit hot torrents at times!!)

cocalait
02-08-2008, 03:47 AM
I'm looking myself, but not quite ready yet.

hi grimms. I just wanted to tell you that I felt not ready for a seedbox for years, but one night I did it almost without thinking and it's amazing. I don't regret it at all. What I really regret, is all the time I lost thinking about getting one instead of actually getting one. My $0.02

SgtMajor
02-08-2008, 03:58 AM
I'm looking myself, but not quite ready yet.

hi grimms. I just wanted to tell you that I felt not ready for a seedbox for years, but one night I did it almost without thinking and it's amazing. I don't regret it at all. What I really regret, is all the time I lost thinking about getting one instead of actually getting one. My $0.02

The cost of my broadband had dropped dramatically in recent months, so much so it more than covers the cost of my box, so now I use the box for everything, it keeps my IP out of the swarm, my ISP doesn't give a shit about how much bandwidth I use, so I can down & up at great speeds on the box then FTP back to my home PC all day :D

I have had one for 9 months now, so buffering isn't my main needs any more, but my home line has 10 times the difference between down & up, having the box means I do not need to worry about what choices I need to make, if I fancy something it means I can just get it now! :)

grimms
02-08-2008, 04:51 AM
Thats what i'm trying to achieve as well. My home connection is 20MB upload is around 220/kb but thats overall not on a single torrent. I need my upload to be around 3-5MB upload. It would probably help me greatly to keep my IP out of the swarm as well. I don't really care about downloading ( I don't download much). I just need good upload speed for some accounts that i seed on.

dunson
02-08-2008, 01:32 PM
3-5MB/s up would be beautiful to see. I max out at like 225-250KB/s and it hurts to see leechers who have seeded 10x what I have on my own upload.

By the way, is VPS ok for a seedbox or does it need to be dedicated?

SgtMajor
02-10-2008, 06:32 AM
3-5MB/s up would be beautiful to see. I max out at like 225-250KB/s and it hurts to see leechers who have seeded 10x what I have on my own upload.

By the way, is VPS ok for a seedbox or does it need to be dedicated?

VPS is fine, it's a dedicated in all but name, dedicated to you anyway, it is just a bigger seedbox shared between 3-5 users in reality.

BlueLabel
02-10-2008, 06:37 AM
SjtMajor what is your average down/up speed?

SgtMajor
02-10-2008, 06:53 AM

I can down & up at 3-4MB/S all day, that way the hard disk does not get overloaded, up can vary upwards though if a load of leechers jump on or I was very early in grabbing the torrent and am seeder very soon after release, can be 6MB/S or more :D

Loris
02-10-2008, 07:45 AM
ive seen download speeds of 9MB/S, it didnt last long though cause the file was already download :P

fatcat69
02-10-2008, 07:46 AM
ive seen download speeds of 9MB/S, it didnt last long though cause the file was already download :P

lol thats what we like to hear! :lol:

grimms
02-10-2008, 08:21 AM
Damn i need to get me a seedbox. I been using regular Isp's for way too long. It's tough to do things the hard way.

BlueLabel
02-10-2008, 08:54 AM

I can down & up at 3-4MB/S all day, that way the hard disk does not get overloaded, up can vary upwards though if a load of leechers jump on or I was very early in grabbing the torrent and am seeder very soon after release, can be 6MB/S or more :D

I thought dedicated server have 10mb/s speed stable
I guess I was wrong
do you have RAID?

nikosr
02-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Hi guys,

PLEASE tell me info practical about zaxihosting, leaseweb, hosting-ie AND torrents ! Traffic, speeds , cost, ram etc etc !!!

Thanks
Nikos

weenden
02-10-2008, 08:47 PM
i have one a windows box and its been great for me

nikosr
02-10-2008, 08:54 PM
which one ??

SgtMajor
02-10-2008, 08:56 PM

I thought dedicated server have 10mb/s speed stable
I guess I was wrong
do you have RAID?

You still need leechers to achieve top speeds.

The better the company, the better the box, the higher the cost.

Hosting.ie does me for what I want it to do, I keep saying it but the port is shared, normally they don't have torrenting boxes all on the same port though (except VDS/VPS) and as I am not an uploader all it needs to be is mid-range for me.

I am happy with what I have, some prefer 10MB/S up and down all day, and the bandwidth cost for that is huge, 2TB BW limited boxes won't last 10 days on that, I can do 3-4TB per month and not have to worry about BW costs and my server is still running fine on the last day of the month as well.

If you have unlimited funds, then go for the dedi server with unlimited BW, if you have mid range funds, then hosting.ie is good, if you have limited funds, then seedbox24 type torrentflux boxes are just fine.

It's all about what you can afford vs what you need.

BlueLabel
02-10-2008, 09:09 PM
dont get me wrong
I have hosting ie too
I just wanted to know how theirs dedicated servers cause now I have VPS

briand5379
02-11-2008, 09:27 AM
One thing I didn't like about hosting-ie was the set up fees as they charge some pretty outrageous fees for some units. Consistent speeds to me is the most important thing.

NOLF
02-11-2008, 09:34 AM
In my opinion Hosting-IE has the lousyiest support I have ever come by. With level 1 support you have to wait between 6-12 hours for a reboot. The last dedi I had from them shut down every 10-15 minutes. At the beginning they blamed it on my utorrent, but later admitted that it had errors in the RAM and CPU. After they changed the hardware it ran fine though. But that cost me 10 days use for a 300 euro box excl. set up fee.

I also have dedi from Rapidswitch, and they have the greatest support ever, 5-15 minutes wait time on a reboot, and fast and friendly staff. Setup fee is crazy though.

Good luck.

fisherman
02-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Instead of requesting a server reboot from the providers.... just log into ur server via putty and type reboot.

Simple as that... it will say something like "server is going down now for reboot" :D

fstokebanget
02-11-2008, 04:30 PM
In my opinion Hosting-IE has the lousyiest support I have ever come by. With level 1 support you have to wait between 6-12 hours for a reboot. The last dedi I had from them shut down every 10-15 minutes. At the beginning they blamed it on my utorrent, but later admitted that it had errors in the RAM and CPU. After they changed the hardware it ran fine though. But that cost me 10 days use for a 300 euro box excl. set up fee.

I also have dedi from Rapidswitch, and they have the greatest support ever, 5-15 minutes wait time on a reboot, and fast and friendly staff. Setup fee is crazy though.

Good luck.

I also heard good things about RapidSwitch, how's their up speed ? I asked them and they said their line are all dedicated, so must have some great speed, how is it compared to Vectoral, Layeredtech, or Leaseweb ?
And I think 19 Pounds setup fee is fair :)

BlueLabel
02-11-2008, 06:21 PM
19 p' isnt fair
I dont think companies should charge for stup they making nice profits even without it

fstokebanget
02-11-2008, 06:28 PM
actually they have an option without the setup fee, but it gonna add some more cost to the monthly price

BlueLabel
02-11-2008, 06:35 PM
so what the differents???
they cut from one thing and add to other
at the end its just the same price

fstokebanget
02-11-2008, 07:07 PM
each company has its own policies, don't know what's the reason they add the setup fee, I think like hosting-ie also has the higher setup fee

SgtMajor
02-11-2008, 08:54 PM
each company has its own policies, don't know what's the reason they add the setup fee, I think like hosting-ie also has the higher setup fee

Because they want you to stay longer than 1 month, they would llike you for at least 3 months.

kyuuchi
02-11-2008, 09:54 PM
so you don't actually have to stay for the 3months on hosting-ie?

deKoy
02-17-2008, 06:10 PM
How long does it take for hosting-ie to setup?

briand5379
02-19-2008, 06:28 AM
Anyone know if hosting ie has a way to talk to them before you buy choose to rent a box.

SgtMajor
02-19-2008, 06:50 AM
Anyone know if hosting ie has a way to talk to them before you buy choose to rent a box.

Don't think so, (if your email is not in their system, it is considered as spam & deleted) what is it you wish to know?

Mantorok
02-24-2008, 07:14 PM
I'm sick of my crapy home upload speed of around 60 kB/s so I'm thinking of getting a VPS Raptor 5, or would a VPS Raptor 3 be sufficient?

Do I need to order any add-ons like cPanel/WHM or PLESK (dont really have a clue what they are)

Is it difficult to get µTorrent set up?

I'm a total n00b to this and would appriciate any advice / help :)

SgtMajor
02-24-2008, 07:20 PM
Go for what you can afford, Raptor 5 is an excellent choice to cut your teeth on, the more hard disk & RAM the better, chip is not that really relevant.

No addons, just choose the free Win 2003 web edn to start with, they are things for running web sites & web hosting packages & forums etc.

No - it's not difficult, plenty round here will guide you throught he process.

Go for it!

Mantorok
02-24-2008, 07:56 PM
Just ordered the Raptor 5 :D

I then recieved an email from billing@host.... with no attachement and no contents except for --
Is that normal or did something go wrong?

dunson
02-24-2008, 08:01 PM
I signed up the other day and got that first and a few minutes later an acknowledgement. Don't worry.

fatcat69
02-24-2008, 11:37 PM
Hosting ie takes awhile to get the box to you but once you get it...youll be happy.

If you need help setting up windows seedboxes let me know...or just try the tutorials in my sig as thats all im going to do to help you set it up ;-)

briand5379
02-25-2008, 01:42 AM
Don't think so, (if your email is not in their system, it is considered as spam & deleted) what is it you wish to know?
I was just curious about the tax they charge. When I did some research looking at their servers I noticed they ask you your location for taxes purposes but when you add it all together they hit you up with 19% tax which seems a little extreme so I was curious where they come up with that. My server with Vectoral charges you no interest.

fatcat69
02-25-2008, 02:28 AM
I was just curious about the tax they charge. When I did some research looking at their servers I noticed they ask you your location for taxes purposes but when you add it all together they hit you up with 19% tax which seems a little extreme so I was curious where they come up with that. My server with Vectoral charges you no interest.

Most likely VAT or some bs service charge.

Vectoral just overcharges you for hardware.

You cant get SATA until you pay $150 a month....F' that. I switched after 1 month of that crap and pay less money for a box that is 10x better through hosting ie.

2gb ram
dual core duo
700gb space (sata raid 0)
unlimited bandwidth.

for less then $90 a month from hosting ie.

Suck my balls vectoral and eat on that!:P:P:P

Kapone
02-25-2008, 02:46 AM
Hey fatcat tell us how you really feel about vectoral :lol: :lol:

fatcat69
02-25-2008, 03:45 AM
Hey fatcat tell us how you really feel about vectoral :lol: :lol:

I dont want to hurt the childrens poor fragile minds.

http://ironyisgay.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/fuck-on-the-first-date.jpg

SgtMajor
02-25-2008, 04:13 AM

haha, I went through every country to try & avoid the charges, and there isn't one.

It is VAT as suggested, and if you are a registered company you can claim the VAT back, but as poor end users, I'm afraid that option is not available.

Go to OVH - they only charge the UK rate of VAT 17.5% :lol:, and I'm half an expert now!! :D It is stupendously fast!!

TechnoMan80
02-27-2008, 12:28 AM
How long does it take for hosting-ie to setup?

hi

try here, that is the sales place I think

http://www.hosting-ie.com/support/

Just ordered the Raptor 5 :D

I think Rabtor is not good enough for torrent
you need Rabtor PLUS
http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/29/66/

or you risk to have HDD errors when reaching high speed.

Coltarado
02-27-2008, 10:24 AM
Guys , I think Ive decided on hosting-ie for a seedbox , should I go for a VPS as a start or a dedicated? and also , do i need plesk and a control panel?

0ctane
02-27-2008, 10:37 AM
go with a VPS to start with i had the raptor 6 server very good and good speeds.
There customer level 1 support can be slow , but you can exspect that for free .
If you want faster customer support upgrade the level .

Also seen as it your first seedbox get one with a control panel plesk will be just fine and it's free :).

Coltarado
02-27-2008, 11:16 AM
Thanks 0ctane !

do they still offer raptor + ? since a poster a few posts above posted a link that I can't seem to find when I access throught hosting-ie
and one last thing , my ISP tends to block ip addresses (http) and not sure if that would effect me accessing my server , will that mean i will need a domain name ? or setting up my seedbox shouldnt necesarily take place through http

TechnoMan80
02-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Guys , I think Ive decided on hosting-ie for a seedbox , should I go for a VPS as a start or a dedicated? and also , do i need plesk and a control panel?
depends to you finances, if you can go for dedic box sure that's the best way.

my ISP tends to block ip addresses (http) and not sure if that would effect me accessing my server

that can effects to PLESK Coltarado (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/coltarado-199325)

Plesk works under the port 8443, so some providers lock it some times for no reason :)

the page is visible for me, strange you can access it:
http://hosting-ie.com/billing/order/orderwiz.php?v=23&aid=&c_code=&submit=Lookup+Domain+%3E%3E&submit_domain=skip&new_domain=&new_tld_extension=com&transfer_domain=&transfer_tld_extension=com&existing_domain=&existing_tld_extension=&submit=next+%3E%3E

Coltarado
02-27-2008, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the link Techno , Im going for the raptor 3+ , finally ive made up my mind :) any idea how long it takes to setup?

TechnoMan80
02-28-2008, 12:04 AM
For Rabtor Plus i've been waiting for about 1 week,
But first dedic box I've got in 2 days :) for second dedic box I've been waiting for about 10 days

So i think it depends how busy they are.

briand5379
03-01-2008, 05:18 PM
haha, I went through every country to try & avoid the charges, and there isn't one.

It is VAT as suggested, and if you are a registered company you can claim the VAT back, but as poor end users, I'm afraid that option is not available.

Go to OVH - they only charge the UK rate of VAT 17.5% :lol:, and I'm half an expert now!! :D It is stupendously fast!!
Yeah I figured it was. There are some companies out there that won't charge you if your a non eu resident. Kind of curious why they do the opposite.

Glad to hear your a half expert. OVH sounds decent but the problem I have is I'm not sure how I can pay them as they don't accept paypal and I'm not an eu resident.

shyman
03-01-2008, 06:16 PM
For Rabtor Plus i've been waiting for about 1 week,
But first dedic box I've got in 2 days :) for second dedic box I've been waiting for about 10 days

So i think it depends how busy they are.

I ordered one week ago... still waiting, none of 3 tickets were answered :unsure:

SgtMajor
03-01-2008, 06:25 PM
You just have to wait & wait & wait.

No point in chasing them, if you haven't got your login details then it isn't ready, and you only pay from the day the email arrives.

Calm down, have patience.

Wormtail
03-01-2008, 06:37 PM
I recomend u OVH too, i think it's better than Hosting-IE, especially if it's free :D

shyman
03-01-2008, 07:05 PM

No point in chasing them, if you haven't got your login details then it isn't ready, and you only pay from the day the email arrives.

when you pay 100 €setup fee, you probably expect something faster then this ;)

P.S. I had VPS with them some time ago, so I'm not in panic or smth, just saying...

SgtMajor
03-01-2008, 07:34 PM

P.S. I had VPS with them some time ago, so I'm not in panic or smth, just saying...

There are plenty here that keep repeating the same thing, they are notoriously slow in setting up boxes, but you only pay from the day you get your email.

And raising 3 tickets that haven't been answered and posting about it suggests you are in a panic and not being patient.

dunson
03-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Well they took my money already, but never sent a contract. Nor have they answered any tickets regarding my account, so in a drunken state of irritation, I sent them an email + support ticket requesting an immediate refund due to the fact that I haven't contracted their services. I understand that it takes a while, but I can't tolerate not getting an answer in a week.

SgtMajor
03-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Well they took my money already, but never sent a contract. Nor have they answered any tickets regarding my account, so in a drunken state of irritation, I sent them an email + support ticket requesting an immediate refund due to the fact that I haven't contracted their services. I understand that it takes a while, but I can't tolerate not getting an answer in a week.

I'll remember that when you next ask for help in here, for free, when trying to set up your seedbox when you eventually get the details.

Some people I can help all day without expectation of anything in return, others I have no time nor no patience for.

Patience is a virtue, which sometimes has to be learned.

When they say it can take xx days to set up, that's exactly what they mean, why answer something that was already previously explained?

dunson
03-01-2008, 09:11 PM

I'll remember that when you next ask for help in here, for free, when trying to set up your seedbox when you eventually get the details.

Some people I can help all day without expectation of anything in return, others I have no time nor no patience for.

Patience is a virtue, which sometimes has to be learned.

When they say it can take xx days to set up, that's exactly what they mean, why answer something that was already previously explained?

Basically I'm bothered by their lack of professionalism not in the setup delay. That is understandable, but I started to sign up once and they immediately sent me a contract. I never filled out the payment form, but within minutes they sent me a contract and a request for payment, which I never signed or sent.

Then, I asked for some more help in these forums, which I greatly appreciated.

Now, I am trying to contract them for a service and their offer (3 months) differed from the order form I submitted (1 month). I sent a payment right then believing I might be able to sign up for a month and waited for the contract. I never got one. I've asked them for clarification, but no response in a week. I've sent them emails and support tickets noting these issues but after a week of not receiving any indication as to a contract or clarification regarding the terms, I simply don't feel comfortable dealing with them.

So it is not the delay in service that bothers me, nor am I being unreasonably impatient. But thanks for your help before, I do appreciate it.

SgtMajor
03-01-2008, 09:31 PM
All that aggro for a VPS seedbox which they already say in their TOS and we have many times:

Takes xx days to set up
That you don't start paying for till the day you get your log in details

Me thinks you expect way too much for something that all it does is seed torrents faster.

Get a grip on yourself, and reality, you take things way too seriously.

dunson
03-01-2008, 09:40 PM
I take contracts seriously. Maybe cause I'm a law student. It has nothing to do with the seedbox or torrents, this is about my decision as a consumer to never accept companies that provide poor service. Setup delay is one thing, but lack of response is another and the lack of professionalism kills the deal.

SgtMajor
03-01-2008, 09:46 PM
I take contracts seriously. Maybe cause I'm a law student. It has nothing to do with the seedbox or torrents, this is about my decision as a consumer to never accept companies that provide poor service. Setup delay is one thing, but lack of response is another and the lack of professionalism kills the deal.

Quoted for posterity.

dunson
03-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Wow, you seemed like a cool guy. Peace.

shyman
03-01-2008, 10:11 PM

There are plenty here that keep repeating the same thing, they are notoriously slow in setting up boxes, but you only pay from the day you get your email.

And raising 3 tickets that haven't been answered and posting about it suggests you are in a panic and not being patient.

I just wanted to make sure that somebody is alive there :D

and even now I'm not so sure about that :DDD

SgtMajor
03-01-2008, 10:19 PM

I just wanted to make sure that somebody is alive there :D

and even now I'm not so sure about that :DDD

You won't get any answer until you get your login details, we have mentioned many times here it can take up to 3 weeks, why can you not just be patient?

What is it with the "must have it now" mentality going on all the time, go & light up and chill some and relax a little and it will happen when it happens.

You don't lose any money, you start the billing date from the day you get your login, now go & have some beer with that smoke!

TechnoMan80
03-02-2008, 02:03 PM

If you're low student m8 you had to notice that when you do order the server you do click to acceptance to the T.O.S which is basically the contract :), the only contract I've got was when I did change my payment method to CC.

dunson
03-02-2008, 04:33 PM
You folks were right. I got a response that despite its broken english, pwned me for being so hasty about this whole thing.
I apologize for being an impatient and immature fool. I have no good excuse for that except the past week has been more stressful than most.
Sorry sarge. I don't know where else the tone of my posts or even the frustration with Hosting IE could have come from. Please don't think I'm not worth helping...

osp420
03-02-2008, 09:35 PM
I just got Dedic Raptor Pro Lin 581, speeds are fairly decent at times, average is around 2.5MB-4MB depending on time and leechers on torrents. For those that have service with Hosing-IE, and using windows, when you log in remote access does your connection get cut off sometimes when you do task such as web browsing or doing simple task on the server? In my case sometimes when I try to open a web browser or search files on the hard drive, it hangs, and then it would reconnect. I also tried to setup a FTP, but downloads from the FTP are very slow, under 10kB at times and never goes any higher. Has anyone had similar experience with FTP transfers with Hosing-IE?

tjbzonasul
03-03-2008, 01:44 AM
I am having a hard time with their support, unfortunately :(

SgtMajor
03-03-2008, 02:19 AM
I just got Dedic Raptor Pro Lin 581, speeds are fairly decent at times, average is around 2.5MB-4MB depending on time and leechers on torrents. For those that have service with Hosing-IE, and using windows, when you log in remote access does your connection get cut off sometimes when you do task such as web browsing or doing simple task on the server? In my case sometimes when I try to open a web browser or search files on the hard drive, it hangs, and then it would reconnect. I also tried to setup a FTP, but downloads from the FTP are very slow, under 10kB at times and never goes any higher. Has anyone had similar experience with FTP transfers with Hosing-IE?

Did you take it as it was, with 512MB RAM mem?

What is your cache mem size on your utorrent?

Take the cache mem size away from your RAM, take away the cache size needed for running virt mem and that is what you have left to play with running all the progs and windows itself.

So of course when you log in or run FTP, performance will drop, you are using what little RAM you have left, you need to manage your progs better, or get more RAM or switch to a nix box which would be my recommendation as it is free.

Try exiting utorrent then doing the things you need to do, also use webui more and your FTP prog to delete files & directories, it is all in how you manage things.

I am having a hard time with their support, unfortunately :(

Make that everybody has a hard time, there is more support in here than at Hosting, which is why it is cheap.

osp420
03-03-2008, 05:13 AM
I have the 512mb package.

The cache set to 150mb which fatcat69 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/fatcat69-183252) said to do in his F.A.Q.

No matter what is going on, when I try to download from the FTP. I never get past 10kB downloads from the FTP. I am also using Serv-U-FTP.

If I am to switch to Linux, how much would they charge me for the Install of the Linux Os?

The only programs running is only uTorrent, I disabled the FTP since it was so slow. I've tested it each day and it was not downloading past 10kB/s.

Usually I use the webui for utorrent to add torrents and manage them. But sometimes I need to log in remotely to create a torrent so i can upload it. When doing this, this is when it really lags.

When I exit utorrent, it still lags/hangs at times. I've installed windows updates to see if that will improve performance but it did a little improvement.

Here is an image of the average memory usage. http://osp420.centelia.org/task.jpg

mr.Dman
03-03-2008, 10:34 AM
For FTP I use filezilla server and it's free works great to I get the max downloads to home.

On your Serv-u did you change the amount of connections.I don't use it any more so it's not In front of me.
When I get to work I will look it up.

Rilly
03-03-2008, 02:50 PM
I have that same dedicated server with them. If my utorrent is running full speed and there are more than 5-6 torrents running then browsing around is slow.. Throw in FTP transfers and its extremely slow remotely.. but as well, if your local PC is running high speed upload/download that can slow down the server as well. Try to notice if its the server running slow processing, or is it the response back to you that is slow.
With your utorrent using up 81 MB of ram, you must have some large torrents in there (or many torrents) , or a large IPfilter.dat file..
I've had some friends connect to my FTP and have trouble exceeding 10-20 KB/ s as well , from various parts of the USA.. From Canada, i get 150-200 KB per transfer.. I setup 4 transfers at once and each one is same speed 150-200 KB/s

If you are thinking about RAM increase... its 8Euro/Month more with a 30Euro setup fee -- too expensive i think

tjbzonasul
03-03-2008, 10:43 PM
How long do they take for setting up the server ??
I heard they are slow as Leaseweb used to be.

dunson
03-04-2008, 02:32 AM
It's been over a week for me...

But the Sgt schooled me in patience...(see above). :D

tjbzonasul
03-04-2008, 03:17 AM
Oh well... looks like I will need to read such post to calm down b4 I acquire a seedbox from them.

osp420
03-07-2008, 05:31 AM
I tested out the FTP a little more over the few days and seeding. I notice that if a downloader is from the United States, the download is really slow. But when I have people downloading from the UK and anywhere in Europe or Asia, they get really good speeds, especially from seedboxes from Europe. But when downloading from the US, the speeds never pass 5-20kb/s. Does anyone know how I can improve speeds to downloaders to the US? No matter what is going on, when I try to download from the FTP. I never get past 10kB downloads from the FTP same goes for torrents that I am trying to download to my home connection that I've uploaded to a friends private tracker to test it. When I upload to a FTP that is located in the UK, then the upload speeds will be 180-220kb/s.

kyuuchi
03-07-2008, 06:32 AM
It's been over a week for me...

But the Sgt schooled me in patience...(see above). :D

15 days and counting..:(

slayer2005
03-07-2008, 06:38 AM
i just got a ovh box just to test how much bw they will limit me a month.
speed so far is good.but set up was really funny.
11minutes.yup 11 minutes.LOL

TechnoMan80
03-07-2008, 05:21 PM
hi

anyone did use 1gb port from hosting-ie?

any experiences?

chears

BEGINER
03-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Hi,does hostin.ie support moneybrokers???

SgtMajor
03-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Their 1Gb port are traffic limited, I get more from my 100 Mb port per month already, I would have to reduce my traffic to get an increase in speed, so not a realistic choice.

Hi,does hostin.ie support moneybrokers???

No.

BEGINER
03-07-2008, 06:48 PM
No.[/QUOTE]:cry::cry::cry:Tnx on info Sgt

TechnoMan80
03-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Their 1Gb port are traffic limited, I get more from my 100 Mb port per month already, I would have to reduce my traffic to get an increase in speed, so not a realistic choice.

I decided to push http site on one of the VDS's so just don't care about traffic limit in there, just need to know how good is it.

Chears

Mantorok
03-13-2008, 04:52 PM
I got my Raptor 5 login info today and thanks to the excellent tutorials here I am well on my way setting it up :)

Just have a few questions:

Is Serv-U ok as a FTP server or is Filezilla better?

I'm not quite sure how to setup TrueCrypt (never used any sort of encryption before).
Should I encrypt the entire partition (the OS has 10 GB partition and I have a separate 50 GB partition)?
Standard TureCrypt volume or Hidden TureCrypt volume?
What encryption/hash algorithm should I use?

fuzz32
03-13-2008, 05:03 PM
Hi, i want to order this and install windows (for free) for just running utorrent. it will run or not much ram?

VDS Raptor 1
VPS / VDShttp://www.netclusive.de/images/haken.gif Processor 500 Mhz
http://www.netclusive.de/images/haken.gif Memory: 256 MB
http://www.netclusive.de/images/haken.gif 15.000 MB Webspace
http://www.netclusive.de/images/haken.gif Unlimited Traffic
http://www.netclusive.de/images/haken.gif Full Root Access
http://www.netclusive.de/images/haken.gif 100 mbit (Master Server)

reno55
03-14-2008, 01:23 AM
Well I finally got my box today but they screwed up on the ram and it only has half of what it should have

VIZFX
03-14-2008, 01:28 AM
Well that totally sucks. I will be interesting to know how long it takes for them to fix your missing ram problem. Let us know.

kyuuchi
03-14-2008, 04:38 AM
Well I finally got my box today but they screwed up on the ram and it only has half of what it should have

Just got mine today and found out they had only installed a 10Mbit network card, or might have just been an onboard card. Either way, download speed never over 1.2MB/s. All this for 3 weeks of waiting time. :ermm:

RoboFace
03-14-2008, 04:43 AM
Hum... I need to check mine too.. when they set it up... bad..

HighRoller99
03-14-2008, 06:04 AM
I was just about to offer (for rent of course) my ie.hosting server out on a weekly basis, so people can road test an ie.hosting seedbox server for themselves without any hassles of set up fees/admin etc

you have me interested SgtMajor. If you are still up for this please let me know.. thanks

shyman
03-14-2008, 03:52 PM

I got german Win2003 intead of english :D

but I don't care, because don;t wanna stuck for another 3 weeks or so :)

reno55
03-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Well that totally sucks. I will be interesting to know how long it takes for them to fix your missing ram problem. Let us know.

Actually they fixed it immediatley had to reboot the box and edit bios...but I still dont get over 1.5mb

TechnoMan80
03-15-2008, 12:15 AM
Actually they fixed it immediatley had to reboot the box and edit bios...but I still dont get over 1.5mb

Rabtor Packages are shared between 5 VDS's to get real speed you need Rabtor PLUS it is shared just between 3 VDS's on web page it says clearly.

I got german Win2003 intead of english

I had the same, just remove the german language pack and reboot

chears

dunson
03-17-2008, 02:46 PM
Anyone else's Raptor VPS go down last night? I'm waiting for a lazy friend to wake up and answer me as to whether he crashed our box, but I heard from another friend that theirs went down as well. Lemme know.

reno55
03-17-2008, 03:10 PM
Anyone else's Raptor VPS go down last night? I'm waiting for a lazy friend to wake up and answer me as to whether he crashed our box, but I heard from another friend that theirs went down as well. Lemme know.

Mine went down a few times over the weekend

Johnneke
03-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Yeps (I'm the friend) my box went downsie down tonight and even though I made a support ticket for a reboot no response, damn those slowpokes, how hard is it to hit a button.

dunson
03-17-2008, 06:14 PM
Oh hi! :)

Yeah, I probably should have shelled out for the cpanel/plesk or at least support.

TechnoMan80
03-21-2008, 01:46 AM
trying to switch my 581 to some big one

any one knows how are they now with setup?

chears