PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Turn Up The Volume

tambaman03
07-31-2003, 04:49 PM
I am using polk audio speakers that do not have a built in amplifier. I have the computer volume turned all the way up and I can barely hear the music, I downloaded winamp which helped a little but I would still like it to go louder. Is there any software that I can download that will help?
Thank you

mogadishu
07-31-2003, 04:50 PM
Could you hear sound well before or using other programs, that info would help?

tambaman03
07-31-2003, 05:02 PM
I did get volume before I downloaded winamp

pol
07-31-2003, 05:07 PM
if you have real one player on your pc, check the volume, it has an effect on other sounds

simon_no2003
07-31-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by tambaman03@31 July 2003 - 17:49
I am using polk audio speakers that do not have a built in amplifier. I have the computer volume turned all the way up and I can barely hear the music, I downloaded winamp which helped a little but I would still like it to go louder. Is there any software that I can download that will help?
Thank you
It sounds like the volume settings have changed double click on the speaker icon and check that VOLUME CONTROL, WAVE, SW SYNTH are all set to at least 2 settings from the bottom as these all make up your overall speaker outputs

mogadishu
07-31-2003, 05:12 PM
sorry i figured you would have tried those..?

Path0gen
07-31-2003, 05:30 PM
I think in this instance illustrations are required for the jackasses amongst us! :P
http://www.path0gen.dial.pipex.com/Vol.jpg

tralalala
07-31-2003, 05:32 PM
go to start>control panel>sounds and speech, and then make sure nothing is muted and set the volume so you can hear it well.

tralalala

tambaman03
07-31-2003, 05:48 PM
I have tried all those I know how to use the volume control on my computer and nothing is muted and all volumes are turned up. I have tried different settings with media player and winamp. I turned the amplifier button on winamp up all the way and that seemed to help, which leads me to believe that there may be some software that I could download. Does anyone know about some specific sound amplifier software that may be available?

simon_no2003
07-31-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by tambaman03@31 July 2003 - 18:48
I have tried all those I know how to use the volume control on my computer and nothing is muted and all volumes are turned up. I have tried different settings with media player and winamp. I turned the amplifier button on winamp up all the way and that seemed to help, which leads me to believe that there may be some software that I could download. Does anyone know about some specific sound amplifier software that may be available?
here a link to there web site there is a contact e-mail address on there they might be able to sort it out for you..
sorry i cannot help more ... hope you get it sorted.

http://www.polkaudio.com/polk.html

tralalala
07-31-2003, 06:35 PM
if its really severe, then try contacting a mechanic to sort it out.
you know, better safe than sorry.

tralalala

lookyhere
07-31-2003, 07:46 PM
:huh: Check the wires...make sure that it's plugged all the way in

Rocktron
07-31-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by tambaman03@31 July 2003 - 17:49
Thank you
Well my guess is, you connected them to the wrong inputs..

(Could be wrong tho?)

harrycary
07-31-2003, 10:57 PM
do not have a built in amplifier

The audio coming out of a soundcard(onboard or not) must be amplified. The level coming out of your computer is called "line-level". This is the same audio level coming out of a stand alone CD/DVD players, tape decks, etc.

No software in the world will cure your problem.

Hook your PC up to a stereo using any one of the audio inputs(except the turntable inputs). Connect speakers to the stereo.

Simple.

andrew2022
08-01-2003, 11:25 AM
if u do ever manage 2 amplify the sound cumin out of ur comp, the sound quality will be shit. get sum speakers with an amplifier. easiest solution. main reason the line out is quiet is if u amplify a loud volume, the sound is shit, so itz quiet so if u amplify it itz high quality (if that makes sense)