PDA

View Full Version : surround sound music torrents

J-dye
02-09-2008, 02:28 PM
i have a creative 7.1 speakers and i only get the sorround effect when playing high end games .

so to get that kind of sorround sound experience for songs , what format should i download ?

Flac or DTS files ?

and if its DTS music , which tracker has plenty of songs in DTS ? :unsure:

thanks

athenaesword
02-09-2008, 02:37 PM
you'd have to get DTS music discs. i'm not sure how the ripping process is like cus i've never ripped them before. anyway, a quick google search showed that there isn't any 7.1 music. it's mostly 5.1 dts.

bikernin
02-09-2008, 03:45 PM
you will get music in 5.1. i personally listen to it on my creative inspire 5.1 system and its just amazing. the most common source is to download the music dvds/or buy them ofcourse :P. hd bits has a few tracks in dolby digital 5.1 which i download. i would love to know if there are any other sites even though i doubt it. your next best option would be lossless music

sampson
02-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Why are you posting this in the Bittorrent section?

J-dye
02-09-2008, 03:54 PM
you will get music in 5.1. i personally listen to it on my creative inspire 5.1 system and its just amazing. the most common source is to download the music dvds/or buy them ofcourse :P. hd bits has a few tracks in dolby digital 5.1 which i download. i would love to know if there are any other sites even though i doubt it. your next best option would be lossless music

hd bits.ro ?

Why are you posting this in the Bittorrent section?

surround sound music torrents :dabs:

bikernin
02-09-2008, 03:59 PM
.org

athenaesword
02-09-2008, 04:01 PM
i don't understand why u'd need 5.1 music though. unlike movies or gaming, where you wanna be in the centre of everything because you wanna hear footsteps behind you, background noise blablabla, for music most performances would ideally be in front of you, so that's how you'd hear it if a band were to be playing live for you. 5.1 sounds more like a digital effect rather than an enhancement in realism, as you might get in movies/games.

also, 99% of the lossless music on the net is 2 channel. personally, i'm using 5.1 speakers, but i see no reason to hunt for 5.1 music.

J-dye
02-09-2008, 04:05 PM
i don't understand why u'd need 5.1 music though. unlike movies or gaming, where you wanna be in the centre of everything because you wanna hear footsteps behind you, background noise blablabla, for music most performances would ideally be in front of you, so that's how you'd hear it if a band were to be playing live for you. 5.1 sounds more like a digital effect rather than an enhancement in realism, as you might get in movies/games.

also, 99% of the lossless music on the net is 2 channel. personally, i'm using 5.1 speakers, but i see no reason to hunt for 5.1 music.

i love to listen to psy trance when i smoke weed :dabs:

and i thought it would sound much better when its 5.1 music :D

.org

its closed now :(

does it open for signups or is it invite only

athenaesword
02-09-2008, 04:13 PM
i love to listen to psy trance when i smoke weed :dabs:

and i thought it would sound much better when its 5.1 music :D

no it won't really sound much better imo. a good source and the quality of the speakers are far more important than whether it's 5.1 or no. i suggest just sticking with lossless 2channel music if u're a quality fiend. that's the highest, practical level for music. 5.1 is overkill but that's just me.

its closed now :(

does it open for signups or is it invite only
it's invite only. i myself have been hardpressed to get onto it these past few weeks. good luck to us if u're trying to get in as well.

krunktastic
02-09-2008, 04:19 PM

Certain albums have dynamic sound that's better experienced with surround sound.

J-dye
02-09-2008, 04:22 PM
no it won't really sound much better imo. a good source and the quality of the speakers are far more important than whether it's 5.1 or no. i suggest just sticking with lossless 2channel music if u're a quality fiend. that's the highest, practical level for music. 5.1 is overkill but that's just me.

i have tried DTS music samples from this site http://www.lynnemusic.com/surround.html

and it was awesome

and i have also tried lossless music , but i was not able to experience the sorround effect from lossless music files , it sounded like 320kbps mp3 :dabs:

bikernin
02-09-2008, 04:28 PM
well after you listen to 5.1 music, you will realize the difference. its just amazing quality. try listening to Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon in quadraphonic sound. absolutely mind blowing! bands like floyd have to be listened to in 5.1 to be enjoyed completely. theres such a huge pleothra of sound effects. but if you just listen to new age stuff or pop, 5.1 is not for you. as for the OP, trance will definitely sound brilliant on 5.1

i have tried DTS music samples from this site http://www.lynnemusic.com/surround.html

and it was awesome

and i have also tried lossless music , but i was not able to experience the sorround effect from lossless music files , it sounded like 320kbps mp3 :dabs:

dont listen to these guys m8, people are not stupid to download 4 gigs of a DVD-A. the best deserve the best i say :yup:

J-dye
02-09-2008, 04:30 PM
well after you listen to 5.1 music, you will realize the difference. its just amazing quality. try listening to Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon in quadraphonic sound. absolutely mind blowing! bands like floyd have to be listened to in 5.1 to be enjoyed completely.

:thumbsup:

exactly

bikernin
02-09-2008, 04:35 PM
i just found around 120 DTS audio albums on waffles. search for "multichannel" :D
what.cd has around 50 torrents in DTS

J-dye
02-09-2008, 04:40 PM
thanks a lot mate :) . found some torrents on mininova too

right now listening to Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon with cmss 3d sorround enabled

:yahoo::yahoo::clap::clap:

bikernin
02-09-2008, 04:47 PM
thats teh way baby! amazing isnt it? pretty hard to go back to normal mp3s or even lossless for that matter. i have the dvds of pulse as well. nothing like a joint with pink floyd :D

J-dye
02-09-2008, 04:53 PM
thats teh way baby! amazing isnt it? pretty hard to go back to normal mp3s or even lossless for that matter. i have the dvds of pulse as well. nothing like a joint with pink floyd :D

:yup: :)

whitmar
02-09-2008, 05:37 PM
I completely agree with bikernin and J-dye. 5.1 surround music is amazing especially on a well-tuned and balanced home theater system. Bikernin is also right on target, in that DVD-A's take sound fidelity into a whole new dimension with MLP encoding. Some artists, such as Jean Michel Jarre, have written several works specifically for 5.1 surround. Aero is a particularly good DVD-A, imo.

The best source of 5.1 surround music by far, was Demonoid. I have looked everywhere for something even close, and have been disappointed every time. For your sake, J-dye, I hope Demonoid comes back soon, so that you and others could fully develop your appreciation for 5.1 surround music.

bikernin
02-09-2008, 05:42 PM
demonoid ofcourse..i prefer not to talk about it since it makes me sad :( very sad :( you could get literally everything there. im pretty sure if it went on longer, we could have beer, money and hot chicks on there as well. what more does a guy need eh? o yea, 5.1 DTS music ofcourse :D

J-dye
02-09-2008, 06:04 PM
still have to depend on public trackers for 5.1 audio :(

found some here http://thepiratebay.org/search/5.1%20dts/0/99/100

:D

is there any group which releases 5.1 audio , scene or non-scene ?

DTS 5.1 > lossless ;)

bikernin
02-09-2008, 06:20 PM
no scene group that i know of. its homemade rips on different sites you need to depend on.
try waffles or what m8.
lossless dosent come close :P

ScreaminJay
02-09-2008, 06:37 PM
It's funny, cause lately I was seeking to downgrade to a stereo system to listen to music.

All the freakin stores only sell silly surround sound... which, to me, is anti-musical.

Polarbear
02-09-2008, 08:37 PM
It's funny, cause lately I was seeking to downgrade to a stereo system to listen to music.

All the freakin stores only sell silly surround sound... which, to me, is anti-musical.

i have to agree. when it comes to music, i prefer a good stereo system with the sound coming from the front.

surround might be cool for movies, because it gives you a feeling to be "in" the movie and that would mean sound coming from the back, from above etc.

it might also be interesting for certain genres of artificial electronic music with "effects" coming from everywhere.

i could imagine listen to some dub sounds (mad professor for example) in surround.

when you visit a concert you always have a stage situation with the music coming from the front. you are not amongst the musicians. there's no sound coming from the rear left or right or even from behind.

classical orchestras are setup in a way that the audience sitting in front of the stage can get the best sound. same goes for jazz and rock. we are used to listen to music and see the source of the sound. that's why you you sit in front of your main speakers and don't have them in the back.

p.a. systems are always in front of you. not on the sides or in the back.

stereo deals with the front left/right effect. anything more is unnatural.

i have a tube stereo amplifier for music with a pair of high end loudspeakers. it beats all the surround crap when it comes to music.

watching movies means you as the viewer can take the position of the camera in the scene.
just like in real life a car, an explosion or a voice can come from all directions. this is where any form of surround sound makes sense, but not for music.

stoi
02-09-2008, 08:37 PM
I know this is asking about torrents but alt.binaries.sounds.DTS has a few in.

im not realy a music buff and just found this room about 2 minutes ago lol if you want to see whats there , then follow this link

http://www.newzleech.com/usenet/?&mode=usenet&group=327&retention=&adv=1

I have got a set of logitech Z-5500 speakers so might have to grab some and see what the fuss is about :)

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/224&cl=gb,en

speakers i have got are there.

bikernin
02-09-2008, 08:47 PM

i have to agree. when it comes to music, i prefer a good stereo system with the sound coming from the front.

surround might be cool for movies, because it gives you a feeling to be "in" the movie and that would mean sound coming from the back, from above etc.

it might also be interesting for certain genres of artificial electronic music with "effects" coming from everywhere.

i could imagine listen to some dub sounds (mad professor for example) in surround.

when you visit a concert you always have a stage situation with the music coming from the front. you are not amongst the musicians. there's no sound coming from the rear left or right or even from behind.

classical orchestras are setup in a way that the audience sitting in front of the stage can get the best sound. same goes for jazz and rock. we are used to listen to music and see the source of the sound. that's why you you sit in front of your main speakers and don't have them in the back.

p.a. systems are always in front of you. not on the sides or in the back.

stereo deals with the front left/right effect. anything more is unnatural.

i have a tube stereo amplifier for music with a pair of high end loudspeakers. it beats all the surround crap when it comes to music.

watching movies means you as the viewer can take the position of the camera in the scene.
just like in real life a car, an explosion or a voice can come from all directions. this is where any form of surround sound makes sense, but not for music.

for live shows etc. i think stereo is just about fine. as i mentioned earlier you really need to hear a band like pink floyd on 5.1 to discover what its like. otherwise it would just sound as if sound is coming from all directions. there are so many effects in their songs that i didnt even know were there until i heard them in surround sound. so for people who like psy trance, it will surely be a huge plus since these kinds of music are more about creating a certain atmosphere than just listening to someone play.
all said and done, if someone already has a 5.1 setup, wouldnt he rather listen to a real 5.1 DTS track rather than stereo sound coming from all directions? i agree it dosent make sense to buy a 5.1 system just to listen to music, because its mainly intended for movies. but if you already have one, listening to a 5.1 track is a far more complete experience. anyway, i cant have two sets of speakers right?

stoi
02-09-2008, 08:52 PM
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83844

this is a tutorial for converting to DTS yourself, hope it helps

bikernin
02-09-2008, 09:02 PM
btw, nice speaker set stoi.

neat tutorial. gonna sit with that when i get some time

J-dye
02-10-2008, 08:26 AM
dont have usenet access stoi . :(

thanks for the tutorial link ;)

edit : it would be nice if someone can leech those files from usenet and upload it on trackers :D

J-dye
02-15-2008, 09:11 AM
wow , hdbits has some nice dts/5.1 collection :)

right now am listening to led zeppelin -stairway to heaven in dts 5.1

aaaaaaaaaah . orgasm :D lol

bikernin
02-15-2008, 01:52 PM
ooo hell yea!! that one is another one of my favourites.
told ya hdbits was excellent :P

dont forget to download no quarter dts dvd. its the best led zep DTS recording there is. since ive been loving you is my favourite on that one

J-dye
03-08-2008, 09:52 PM
:)

Qlix
03-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Yeah, wth man..