PDA

View Full Version : How To Have The Administrator Pass?

jonathan_tijuana
07-31-2003, 09:04 PM
is that possible, right now i'm at school and i would like to download someting and also move the security but i can, and i would like to knownif there is something to find the administrator pass with out asking him for it? :unsure:

CPU1
07-31-2003, 09:39 PM
not sure but i think that u can create some floppies that will let u bypass the password think. again not sure

Xilo
07-31-2003, 09:49 PM
I know you can use a Windows 2000 cd to bypass it...

jonathan_tijuana
07-31-2003, 10:13 PM
how? what do u mean win 2000 cd. do i need only the cd then ....

Xilo
07-31-2003, 10:22 PM
I don't exactly remember. But you got to start up the computer with the cd in and boot from it...

CPU1
07-31-2003, 10:33 PM
ok if ur login as the administrator or the administrator isnt around and u got to use the compurter do the following to create a passoword reset disk

Open User Accounts in Control Panel.
Click your account name.
Under Related Tasks located on the left side of the window, click Prevent a forgotten password.
In the Forgotten Password Wizard, follow the instructions as they appear on the screen.

not sure if it works for 2000

TheFilePirater
08-01-2003, 01:45 AM
<_< ................seems like a n00b tryin to "hack" his school....................... <_<

shn
08-01-2003, 01:58 AM
Any decent admin would deny cd-rom access as well as other things that can easily be configured with the windows group policy snap in.

A word of advice: Unless you want to get kicked out of school, dont even consider such an attempt. At my campus you cant even touch a terminal without logging in first. Unless you have a different account that is not affialiated with you then your basically making yourself a sitting duck.

Use your brain and think about what your doing......................is it worth it? :unsure:

Izagaia
08-01-2003, 02:06 AM
System administrators running networks often create logs of users with time stamps and other identifiying features that can be traced to you. Schools also have been known to install softwares that record screen and user configuration images as well as keystrokes. Any admin with an ounce of commonsense would also remove the ability to logon using even the primary adminstrator account from common terminals.

I installed such a thing once on my system. I was a little less than thrilled to find out what my boy had been downloading on Limewire and the sites he had been visiting.