PDA

View Full Version : Indie torrents cuts off my upload as soon as i finish torrents

1000possibleclaws
02-10-2008, 12:47 AM
this has happened to EVERY SINGLE ONE of my downloads so far. the only thing i could seed is a partially downloaded file. could this be because I'm using one of my friends accounts that he gave me recently? I guess i could invite myself to indietorrents if that's the problem, but if there's another way to fix this it would be great. I've tried on his computer to download and seed something and same thing happens.. I can't find a reset for my announce code if thats the problem. I really don't know why this is happening. It doesnt bother me too much as i don't care too much for that tracker, but I'd still like to fix it. its the only tracker that does this to me

athenaesword
02-10-2008, 01:58 AM
perhaps it's just that your other downloads/seeds are taking upload priority over these torrents that finish.. you upload much more when u're downloading a torrent and u're part of the swarm than when u've finished the torrent; the leechers might be able to just leech from themselves so there's no need to request from you.

TP635
02-10-2008, 02:07 AM
this has happened to EVERY SINGLE ONE of my downloads so far. the only thing i could seed is a partially downloaded file. could this be because I'm using one of my friends accounts that he gave me recently? I guess i could invite myself to indietorrents if that's the problem, but if there's another way to fix this it would be great. I've tried on his computer to download and seed something and same thing happens.. I can't find a reset for my announce code if thats the problem. I really don't know why this is happening. It doesnt bother me too much as i don't care too much for that tracker, but I'd still like to fix it. its the only tracker that does this to me

Happen to me every time I dl from What. The only torrent I can seed are partial dl. There are a few other trackers that do the same to me. But like you my ul is bad, real bad.

1000possibleclaws
02-10-2008, 02:18 AM
no i mean they turn RED in utorrent, not just stop

TP635
02-10-2008, 03:03 AM
no i mean they turn RED in utorrent, not just stop

My torrents are mostly red anyway, even those active one. The only time they turn blue is after 1.00am at night until around 8-9 the next morning. I can barely keep my ratio above the danger level in What, and I am seeding 24/7. I am now seeding a bit more smart.

I hope to get a cheap vpn soon to unthrottle my line.

th0r
02-10-2008, 03:12 AM
as much as i love #it, it is really hard to seed there by simply seeding there alone; i recommend uploading some albums, or if you have some albums that have been ttl'd (check the log), upload those again, there are always at least 1 or 2 members that grab them

i don't know about your torrents turning red after downloading, mine usually just come to a dead stop and trickle an upload amount days after it's done depending on the number of seeders

TP635
02-10-2008, 03:19 AM
as much as i love #it, it is really hard to seed there by simply seeding there alone; i recommend uploading some albums, or if you have some albums that have been ttl'd (check the log), upload those again, there are always at least 1 or 2 members that grab them

i don't know about your torrents turning red after downloading, mine usually just come to a dead stop and trickle an upload amount days after it's done depending on the number of seeders

Good idea, I do upload to some tracker, and I pity those downloading my torrents: more than 24hrs for a 50mb files:angry:

1000possibleclaws
02-10-2008, 03:21 AM
uploading is such a hassle i find. i normally only upload music to what, waffles, and kraytracker. i guess indietorrents just isn't gonna be for me until it fixes itself.. i have 2 gb of buffer for those occasional rare indie releases.

for the past few hours ive gone on an uploading spree on waffles and what, which is very out of the ordinary as im pretty lazy in sharing my own files

th0r
02-10-2008, 03:25 AM
sometimes uploading is necessary; it helps establish your taste within the indie music scene and it can even drive users to your uploads

you think uploading to #it is hard? uploading to #it takes me about 5 or 6 minutes, but uploading to e**** takes me about 41 - 45 minutes

1000possibleclaws
02-10-2008, 03:58 AM
no its not hard i do upload music to trackers where i participate in the community. i just dont know if its worth uploading at IT, as opposed to kraytracker. They both have the same RIAA radar rules but I'm way more active on kraytracker, and Kray has double the torrents. Then if it's rare I'll up it on what and waffles as well. but the 5 minutes add up after 15- 20 uploads.. It's mostly filling out the descriptions and the format sheet that takes awhile for me, because i will always link to album covers, write my own and/or copy a reputable review, and provide tracklisting. I'm pretty picky that if I upload a torrent I'll do it well.

athenaesword
02-10-2008, 04:46 AM
if your torrent's red there should be a message under your tracker status explaining why. have you checked what it says?

1000possibleclaws
02-10-2008, 04:49 AM
failure: torrent not registered with this tracker

thats the only one i kept open in my client

th0r
02-10-2008, 09:25 AM
it might have died or been removed from the tracker, check the log to make sure you're not downloading dead torrents