PDA

View Full Version : Ratio proofs...

lukee
02-10-2008, 12:53 AM
why is that on almost every ratio proof i see people blank out part of their ratio or upload/download. looks stupid to me.
heres a good example:

http://aycu12.webshots.com/image/43091/2000057116503213012_rs.jpg

SenorBubbz
02-10-2008, 12:54 AM
I don't know... It is stupid...

mrnobody
02-10-2008, 01:02 AM
i think ti's coz people think: if you show exact date, upl/down amount, ratio then staff can search you easy.

WarrenBuffet
02-10-2008, 01:05 AM
i think ti's coz people think: if you show exact date, upl/down amount, ratio then staff can search you easy.

I don't think that they "think" that though. for crying out loud I swear the bitme staff have some hacker or something that steal ip's of ppl here and ban their new acc's @ bitme/bitmetv

SgtMajor
02-10-2008, 01:06 AM
why is that on almost every ratio proof i see people blank out part of their ratio or upload/download. looks stupid to me.
heres a good example:

It becomes a habit as certain tracker staff look within these forums for accounts to disable, by removing as much as is necessary and leaving the finer details in, it becomes very difficult for them to 100% identify that user.

Of course a better way would be to ask for ratio proofs and other items by PM without anything blanked out. Ratio proofs & speed tests mean nothing when inviting anyway, participation means much, much more.

Artemis
02-10-2008, 01:09 AM

I don't think that they "think" that though. for crying out loud I swear the bitme staff have some hacker or something that steal ip's of ppl here and ban their new acc's @ bitme/bitmetv

No , system is just a smarter coder than you give him credit for............:whistling

VIZFX
02-10-2008, 01:14 AM
Its for your protection, or at least that's what we like to think. I totally agree with the participation comment. Much more important in my book.

BlueLabel
02-10-2008, 01:17 AM
heres a good example:

It becomes a habit as certain tracker staff look within these forums for accounts to disable, by removing as much as is necessary and leaving the finer details in, it becomes very difficult for them to 100% identify that user.

Of course a better way would be to ask for ratio proofs and other items by PM without anything blanked out. Ratio proofs & speed tests mean nothing when inviting anyway, participation means much, much more.

what about those who stilling froofs from others and then show it with all the details??
that thing can make innocent get band

athenaesword
02-10-2008, 01:33 AM
well how would he have gotten hold of that innocent guy's proof in the first place then? that innocent guy must have done something not so bright.

xjosephx
02-10-2008, 01:53 AM
well how would he have gotten hold of that innocent guy's proof in the first place then? that innocent guy must have done something not so bright.

thats true

LordS
02-10-2008, 01:59 AM
It's cause they all fear me :P

jonny81985
02-10-2008, 02:06 AM
Lords is a scary dude. I am defientely scared of him lol

SgtMajor
02-10-2008, 02:14 AM
It's cause they all fear me :P

/me hides

stoi
02-10-2008, 02:19 AM
well we dont do this, and i dont know any other tracker that does.

(i will probably give any member thats done this a heart attack, and every owner/staffer an idea here though lol)

If you send a PM on a tracker, where do you think it gets stored.

on the tracker database.

It would not take that much coding, to write a query that says something like.

Look for tracker, invite, trade, ratio, proof, (tracker names) etc in the PM column of the database, if any get flagged then they get put in a post in the staff forums.

Like i mentioned though, im not saying any tracker actually does this, but it is possible.

LordS
02-10-2008, 02:21 AM
U can just monitor them all with tbdev mods lol.

But I don't think its a good idea, high server load and invasion of privacy.

stoi
02-10-2008, 02:23 AM
yeah i agree Lords, ive only ever checked PMs between 2 members before.

that was because we got a report from one of them that they were getting threatened by the other, and it was some pretty nasty stuff.

Polarbear
02-10-2008, 09:25 AM
well we dont do this, and i dont know any other tracker that does.

(i will probably give any member thats done this a heart attack, and every owner/staffer an idea here though lol)

If you send a PM on a tracker, where do you think it gets stored.

on the tracker database.

It would not take that much coding, to write a query that says something like.

Look for tracker, invite, trade, ratio, proof, (tracker names) etc in the PM column of the database, if any get flagged then they get put in a post in the staff forums.

Like i mentioned though, im not saying any tracker actually does this, but it is possible.

U can just monitor them all with tbdev mods lol.

But I don't think its a good idea, high server load and invasion of privacy.

you two just gave me another good reason not to write anything private or confidential in tracker pms.

in my opinion only sysops should have access to member pms. i'm not saying this because of hidden trading or breaking rules. i just don't want every other mod to read conversations i have with friends, because their are private.

the fact that staff "can" read private messages is enough for me not to use them for private issues.

you stated that you don't do it, fine. i bet there are mods/admins who do a little pm browsing when there are bored.

how do you know they won't if they can? are there logs which pages were visited by staff members doing "their job"? i guess not.

PACE
02-10-2008, 10:11 AM
better safe than sorry :D